Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

So they're completely reshooting SQ42... well if that doesn't confirm it's never coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

peter gabriel posted:

Squadron 42 comes out, gets 6 / 10 across multiple sites and is forgotten within a year apart from buy a tiny group of the biggest turbonerds, the kind who start the 'Linux Version?' threads on Steam about every loving game.
These people start petitions so the source code for Star Citizen can be released, so they can 'finish the vision'.
The Moma's of the world get together on a forum they made which attracts no more than 100 total members, with never more than 4 logged on at once. A shoutbox is created, 6 months later the only shouts on it are the admin testing smilies and Moma saying 'Gret job guys!'
A Wiki is created with screenshots of various guns imported into Crysis and after an initial flurry of activity slowly everyone forgets about the whole sorry mess.
10 years later a new section is created on the Wiki 'Wing Commander' and Ben logs out for the last time.

You think Ben is going to be alive after all that time that is cute.

Also Moma, you can't win, the best you can do is stop posting OR sell your assets jpegs and become part of the organism that is SA. That's best case scenario.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Exinos posted:

I would love to see real financials for the company that shows all the spending. I would not be surprised if Chris has spent at least 50% of the money trying to play director.

if they even have 10 million in the bank I'd be shocked.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Obviously we know nothing of financials.

I know we talked about PPE earlier. People focus on expenses that they can easily change. Paperclips, buying cheaper copier paper, etc. The end result with corporations like this is that salaries is the big boy and the rest is a joke. When 75% of expenses is salaries, you know the only means to control that. Here's the kicker, you can't cut yourself to profitability. And this is biggest challenge that CIG faces. They cannot cut staff to stave off their biggest load of expense because it would sacrifice the product. Engineering debt, concept sales, etc. just toss them deeper into the hole. In short, they are hosed.

Which brings me back to the PPE. Somehow a "division" with half the staff has 1.5x the amount of PPE compared to Frontier. This somewhat boggles my mind when you factor in depreciation of fixed assets that goes into that figure. Just another example of overly frivolous expenditures that got them here in the first place.

The consolidated financial argument...bwahaha...yeah, ok, all the directors make the stated figure. Hint: It's just one.

LoC, loans, etc. Every company does it. Ford will borrow a billion for a few percent if they think cranking out new pickup trucks will give them a ROI greater than the loan. Bank is happy. Ford is happy. Problem with CIG is they have no deliverable tangible product. Any bank that loaned them money is gently caress shake stupid and had to be done shortly after the 2.0 launch.

Its one of the big factors. I would say facilities is the other. and CR spared no expense on facilities. They start out in Austin, one of the most expensive places in the U.S. and then move to Santa Monica... somehow somewhere MORE expensive to have a studio.. and then to top it off Britain. Even a poo poo hole in Britain is more expensive than commercial property in most of the U.S. excluding Manhattan.

Between the salaries, the facilities, and the MoCap I don't even see how they have much money left at all for Chris's cocaine habit.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Colostomy Bag posted:

To be honest I've been dumbing down the financial narrative so the belted shill wonder could understand more clearly.

Yep, you got it. Facilities is a big expense. Of course one can look at Frontier's lease amount and determine they spend around 50K or so per month for their office space.

Guess the point is we can nitpick at this snapshot of financials all we want...end result is they are hosed no matter how you slice it.

Imagine how much of a bath they took this year if they had investments.

What gets me is the mention of "outside investors" I want to know the psychological profile and the IQ of someone that would look at what is going on internally at CIG, look at the market they are shooting for and go, "yep there is more money to be made here." Who is this person? How the hell did they have money to invest at all in the first place.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Please - what a dumb statement. They're not going to carry the full expense of the facilities in this year. F42 is valuing plant and equipment at 20% and 33.3% respectively. They're going to carry forward operational expense to reduce their tax burden over it's life, since that's the expectation of use.

I am usually nice on here but are you a loving idiot? I am genuinely curious if you were in remedial classes when you were in public education.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

D1E posted:

Ask Bootcha (and fuzzknot by association)

No, that was different, Bootcha was in on the ground floor. The "hope phase" if you will. He had no idea the mismanagement would be this bad and when he figured it out he pulled out. I don't think Bootcha can be considered any more culpable than any of the rest of us. I'm talking about year 3 and 4, where it's blatantly evident this is a clusterfuck that has NO ROI possible.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

trucutru posted:

"infinite warfare" already has twice as many hits in google than "star citizen" and the reveal for the game was less than three months ago.

Well they have a release date and a track record of releasing on time, so there's that.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

MedicineHut posted:

I donīt think he is a coward. As Toast, he really is probably not at liberty of discussing it too much in depth in the open anyways. Either that or whatever he is going to post next on the matter has required to undergo a thorough filter at CIG first, which also takes time anyways. Either way I am pretty sure he is also busy preparing for the implications all this may have in the future for CIG.

Just give the poor guy some slack, will ya! :argh:

I wonder if he has to approve all of his posts through Sandi. Are they during Santa Monica business hours?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

pubic void nullo posted:

The only Star Citizen thing I read is this thread, and I don't think it got me through trackers since I have ghostery and privacy badger installed... does anybody else see this in Trending?
Edit: Yes, it's one of the listed trending topics under Entertainment

Yes I posted it in discord when I saw it 5 hours ago. It's insane because I have ghostery installed too. So it must have been really trending.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Wrecked Angle posted:

For gently caress sake could you at least make a drat post without having to bring GOD up at every opportunity. Some of don't believe in fairytales you know and if you could keep your CHRISTIAN PRIVILEGE out of this thread for a change and give us all a break! It's bad enough having GOD written on our banknotes and in our courtrooms without it being plastered all over somethingawful.dot.com forums as well. Keep you're beleifdds to you'reself!

Nice meltdown

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Wrecked Angle posted:

I've just heard Sandi is on her way over with 3 dozen 'Get Well Soon' iced donuts and an Extra-large milkshake.

Thanks, bless you.

WHY ARE YOU BRINGING RELIGION INTO THIS YOU rear end in a top hat!

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I can only ever fully agree with someone if they share the same spirit animal as me.

My spirit animal is Sandra Roberts.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not Toast.

You can end this right now by posting 3 or 4 pictures of your face including one with a sign you are holding saying " I Am not toast" But you wont because it's more fun to roll with it and get the attention.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
So remember the guy that asked if he was too stupid to play star citizen and the cult criticized him even though he had been a gamer for 40 years?

He's cancer free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WQoj6Lahjc

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

WebDog posted:

The scary thing is he's cherry picking the positives about his condition, basically he sees himself as healthier than he actually is. In this case he sees the infected abscess as the cause, not his lifestyle. Reasonable results on a blood sample doesn't mean you're in the clear when you're someone of his condition. That's the easiest thing to test for when you can't push someone into an scanner with ease.

I bet his weeks off will involve Alexis sneaking him "treats" to cheer him up. Plus even if he is eating well his immobility will somewhat rule out any active change as he isn't burning off that energy.

From what I understand holistic care generally accentuates the positives when someone is there, a positive mind helps healing. That is they are not going to go "your blood is syrup and you are this close to a cardiac arrest at 30 fatso", so "admirable" is a very polite way for them to state "in your condition you are dodging bullets every day". At best all they can do his stabilise him as surgery is likely going to put his body into a fatal shock as the sepsis could have lead to organ damage.

Look I hope Ben gets better but you're right. He needs to understand how serious this is.

Also, I have no belief that he doesnt have some sort of pre diabetes or diabetes. And there is no loving way on earth he has a normal heart rate. I simply do not believe it. I work out 5 times a week to keep mine below 60 (athletic) but normal is 60 to 85 and there is no way that man has a resting rate of 85 beats a minute.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Wrecked Angle posted:

I'm the guy who posts the massive rebuttal comment with all the exact same 'but they've told us it's coming' which the original complaint was about.

I can't find that thread anywhere on their reddit. Can you guys link me to it please?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
For what MoMA claims to have invested in this game. If someone sends me that amount I will never post on SA again. I promise. I will sign a contract and everything.

EDIT--- thank you for the new AV whoever bought it. I like this picture!

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

revmoo posted:

Even more embarassing than wearing a fedora in 2016 is not having the social awareness to know that you are supposed to remove your hat indoors.

While wearing a fedora is probably a terrible idea. The "social awareness" of removing it indoors has been gone for decades. The only institution that enforces it is the military, you remove your cover indoors. I even talked to a few etiquette people about this, there is literally no respectful reason. I mean, if we're gonna get hat etiquette(y) then you're supposed to remove your hat, even outside, if you are in the presence of ANY female. Also if you do not have a hat you are out of etiquette. Men are supposed to wear hats outdoors. If you are an orator of a speech you are to remove your hat . You don't remove your hat in a public space indoors, only private. Hats are not to be worn to dances or balls.

Like the loving fedora these etiquette rules antiquated and should not be used.

The main thing is that the fact only 27 people showed up to the big Bretizen show is loving atrocious.

Darkpriest667 fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 24, 2016

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Thanks to 1946 + mods, I can't think of anything that was in the original game that can't be flown. Maybe the DFS 230 or some other glider, but really everything's good to go which is what makes that game still insanely playable.

IL 2 1946 is a great game.. Oleg hosed up the sequels... I used to play 46 a lot about 10 years ago. There were some mods that even put in some of the post war jets.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

There's a full-on Korean War mod, last I checked.

I'd still be active and making plane skins for the community if it wasn't for my lovely working schedule :(

I liked a lot of the custom skins that were done back in the old days. That's pretty neat that you did some of them. I usually downloaded just the bomber skins, since that is what I liked to fly.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Ayn Marx posted:

I believe non-retards say "woman", sorry for the bad news commando

Woman indicates adulthood. How about I say ladies instead that make you feel better commando? :-p It was typed to me as female in the email.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

XK posted:

I think Lazrin is this guy:

https://twitter.com/iq_derek

ACTUALLY Lazerin is Lethality.. I'm pretty sure

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
.... when the darkness is the darkest... that is when you find the light.

Sandi... in a tickling foot fetish video....

I'd swear this is a hallucination because it's too drat perfect.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle tickle

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

I'm still around ;-) been busy with grad school and work.. We're weapons hot huh ? OH poo poo..

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

D_Smart posted:

Actually we live inland in Fort Lauderdale; and we have a generator. Due to the length of power loss, we tend to run out of fuel before the power comes back on consistently. And without power, most of the stations are closed. And those with generators and which are open, get lines for miles. So that's the problem.

We used to live in Weston years back, but rented it out on a lease-to-purchase deal with some friends a few years back. So it's just investment property now. We had to move due to my wife opening a second office for her practice. Then driving was became a problem due to her post-cancer treatment. The East coast beach condo on Sunny Isles Beach is another investment property that's empty. I tend to go there a lot because it's less than 10 minutes from my office in Aventura. So basically the storm threatens those coastal properties less than inland ones. However, this being Florida, it all goes pear shaped during tropical storms, let alone hurricanes. The sewer/irrigation systems suck, so everywhere gets flooded like in mere hours. The electricity system is mostly on poles in most places, so we lose power like almost immediately. So all-in-all, it's going to suck, regardless; though it just sucks less being inland than on the coast for this particular storm. Hurricane Sandy was a lot worse since that one hit the coast/land at the same time, then sauntered all the way North in a destructive path.

I have solar panels, got tired of having to depend on gasoline. I can 't run the washer and drier if the power goes down but I can run EVERYTHING else including 2 servers and a dell workstation. Even if I lose half the panels I can still run the lights and the heat (or air) I would highly recommend you do solar panels and some batteries. Could be worth it for you if you plan on staying in hurricane alley.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Star Citizen: Get on the spectrum

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

kikkelivelho posted:

What they're doing with Spectrum is actually really nice. You don't want people bypassing the in-game comms and information warfare mechanics with external programs, so what do you do? You create an inbuilt platform that's better than anything external programs like discord or skype can provide. You also create a standardized platform for the community so they don't split to different corners of the internet. It's actually an in-world, in-lore facebook of sorts where you can follow the 'Verse even when you're not playing. Imagine planning your next trade run while still at work. This is the future of MMOs.

I guarantee you no one is going to use that poo poo show of a voip over discord. OpSec pretty much demands you don't use anything produced by RSI for comm usage.

This would have been nice 3 years ago, but people are totally entrenched in their own voip servers and forums now. Creating new subforums isn't going to get any of the major established groups to run over there. It's an absolute WASTE of resources and funding.

EDIT --- but this is Star Citizen the name of the game is wasting resources and funding.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

kikkelivelho posted:

Mafia III's release version had ten times more bugs than this unfinished Star Citizen demo. You're overreacting.

Red herring fallacies don't work with me.

Things mafia 3 didn't have - 125 million dollars. 500 developers, 5 4 3 years of development

Mafia 3 the studio was shut down 2 y ears into development and completely refactored into another studio. They still managed to put out a game in less than 18 months.

Also, no one in here bought or gives a flying gently caress about Mafia 3. I didn't even know there was a mafia 1 or 2 until your post and I did research.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1613329/youtube-star-citizen-full-citizencon-2016-presentation-with-poll/40#post_25573438

^ this idiot exists.. leaves 100k in a checking account instead of 5k in a checking account and 95k in ANY investment that gains interest.

Oh and he gave 127k to SC.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

TheAgent posted:

they did manage to secure additional funding a few months back to the tune of over $50m

no idea if its a loan or line of credit or new investors or whatever, but CIG can continue this charade through 2017 at least

remember that they are counting all the pledges as preorders, so they can show a huge amount of interest in the game and forecast tens of millions of units waiting to be sold when SQ42/SC launches

that means about a year more of salaries if Chris and wife don't pay themselves a million each. 350 devs + the rents/utilities on 4 studios + any additional mocap will easily eat that up in one year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Derek before Matthew I was suggesting you do what I've done and get solar panels and batteries. You can still use the generator but I am guessing the panels will do you a lot more good. Is there some regulation or restriction in Florida that prevents you from doing it?

• Locked thread