Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Welcome!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Star Citizen: The Farce Awakens

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

Watching this fan desperately try to cobble anything out of the CIG marketing material is a real :yikes: moment. I wanted to leave and I wasn't even CIG or the fan.
Imagine!

(At this point what else can a fan do?)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

I hope this gets included in the OP, Derek. I don't think there's a more lucid or even-handed summary of semi-recent developments with Star Citizen. It really goes to great pains to avoiding biasing viewers for-or-against the project and its management...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

How dare you!

She is on record stating that she has not had a vacation since Star Citizen began and here you are contradicting that!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

SneakyFrog posted:

Names and loot drops can be randomized pretty funishly.
True dat.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

This could be better but I don't have time to make it so right now. But since Derek is in charge of the thread, seemed appropriate.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Beexoffel posted:

Luckily, I copied it when it was still up.

Imgur is taking down those images? For real?

Is someone at CIG actually sending requests to Imgur to remove them? How on earth could it be worth anyone's time to eliminate one goofy set of images when they are thousands of goon parodies?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well that certainly puts things in perspective.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 20, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Bootcha posted:

You'd think transparent explosion gifs would be lying around all over the place.

Nope.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jul 20, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

It's Bensday!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Hooded Reptile posted:

I skimmed through this and its pretty much "I don't know".

Skip to 2:30. classic.

Indeed!

quote:

BATGIRL: "Any word on Progress on 2.0?"

BEN: "Definitely know how important it is but um... it's getting to the point where uh.... let's see-- how do I say this? We put out our organizations 1.0, without a game to tie them into. Uh which made for a much simpler way to get the system out, but it also got people into the universe before we had a world to put them in. At this point we're about to kick of that world. But it makes organizations 2.0 much more difficult. So (blah blah) can't say when, can never say when, but when it does come it's going to be a whole lot more interesting because it will tie right into the game."
Also...

"Soda crossbow" (?) will be completed and released eventually as a reward for those who back Richard Garriott's Ultima Project.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

No clue. However, CIG did put in the effort of linking his SA account to his rel name, which is a good use of their time.
Surely they are going to handle Bootcha better than most any other former believer whose gone sour. He's one of the only parties in this giant tragicomedy with nukes.

AP posted:

I think Karl takes screenshots and emails Sandi, so it doesn't take that much time. It's like having extra CIG staff only they pay you.
Yeah, seemed like the same thing happened with Bluestreak.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 20, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Bought a bass

Thats pretty cool, sir.

I was going to reply with a link to that Kids in the Hall sketch about bass players, but dammit this thread got all creepy and harsh for a bit and so I just can't help but link this one instead...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

jaegerx posted:

Lol. He deleted all his comments? Yeah he's not afraid of anything. Who's got his post where he dared Derek to go after his posting history?
It's kind of like snatching defeat from the jaws of a Pyrrhic victory.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 20, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

YOUTUBE: Elite: Dangerous - The Aliens Have Sent a Message

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 20, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Man, in the absence of real news from CIG, drama always inflates to fill the void.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 20, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Derek, I think he just threatened to "scaze" you. I don't know what that means but it sounds scary and I hope you mount a vigorous legal defense.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Dolvak creates Stargur, an image host service, to protect Spergs from future imgur takedown attacks (of the sort he himself might have been responsible for when targeting SomethingAwful...)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Mirificus posted:

Stargur is dreadfully slow.
"It's Pre-Alpha!!!"

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Devian666 posted:

I'd feel sorry for the guy if he wasn't such a prick.

"I happen to know he's not a good person." --- Dolvak

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

jaegerx posted:

Oh man someone link the terrible sandi speech again. I want to cringe.
Let the cringing begin.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

So Elite showed planetary buggy combat around an industrial station today. (To be available before year end.)

Meanwhile, Star Citizen showed jpgs of an ugly rear end alien ship. (Release date unknown.)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJJ9TcGxhNY&t=7s

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 20, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Palpek posted:

It's the exact same exterior including the exact same text next to it. So I'm guessing 'style' actually means 'color' lmao.

The red one apparently has a built in compass... So that's pretty nifty.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Frankfurt's new office is bigger. As will Santa Monica's be.

Doesn't exactly seem like a company running on vapor fumes, Derek. How sure are you about a company out of cash in Q1?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Hey can someone explain what anything in this picture is to me? I know that Star Citizen has a pretty serious problem with horribly over designing its models, but what the gently caress is even going on here?
I think it's the product of Ship Designers aping the Reapers from Mass Effect, and then Chris pulling a George Lucas and telling them to "wedgie 'em out" (overcomplicating everything to obscure the appropriation and put the master's fingerprints on the mess...)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 29, 2015

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm constantly impressed by how little they talk about how the game will work in Star Citizen on their show that's about talking about their game.
Yeah-- Frontier has pretty much done the exact opposite of CIG at nearly every step. The game isn't perfect but it's getting better at such an impressive (and quiet) pace. Meanwhile CIG can't shut up about what is coming yet delivers mediocrity in small portions so very, very slowly.

One day, I hope RedLetterMedia will give us the After Action report on this gigantic mess. Because dammit, the very best thing that came out of the prequels was his 8 hour takedown of them.

And Chris Roberts could one day star in a scene very much like this one

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Omi-Polari posted:

Sandi and Ben and several others were in Austin recently if I remember that bar meetup announcement correctly. Wonder what they were doing when they weren't drinking.
That's on November 8th, actually.

I hope Bootcha shows up and makes it really awkward.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

imgur saves the day!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Reverse the Verse in 30 minutes.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

[Dumb joke removed. Not that many will see it.]

G0RF fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 19, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

AP posted:

Is Sandi in London shopping?
She is at the new location. They just finished the buildout.

[Edit: Spacedoor added

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 20, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

AP posted:

Derek while you're doing all this clever stuff that makes sense, can you also balance it out by videoing a speech about burning jpgs at midnight on the 31st while wearing a Halloween costume, also work on a mad cackle. Cheers mate.

Future note: He never did record it, you know.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jul 20, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Most of these are no longer there. They just haven't updated LinkedIn yet.
it would be interesting to see who shows up for the Austin Bar Citizen get together in a week or so. Most of the attendees listed on the announcement were LA people-- "and some Austin devs" (or whatever they said).

Congrats to Sandi and Chris on a masterfully executed plan. It really adds a special touch when Austin gets gutted at the same time that CIG Santa Monica gets the royal treatment like $20k coffee machines and a brand new even bigger office in some prime rear end real estate in a tax-heavy, high cost of living state.

Sure, you could've moved somewhere less expensive, avoided the luxuries, and kept more talent employed-- but where would the fun be in that?

You're worth it, baby-- and now the rest of CIG knows it!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They could have stayed in TX. I still don't know why the LA studio was even created.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 2, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Looks like the cloaking device on the Retaliator is working well...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Imagine watching this and not demanding a refund immediately.
I don't think I can-- but I vicariously experience the second hand rapture via Reddit and the Brown Sea...

Wait. What's this? I sense a disturbance in The Farce. As if dozens of voices suddenly cried at the error and will shortly be silenced.

"It's Pre-Alpha!"

Note: Lo these many months later, it's still in pre-alpha.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 20, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Well you can just tell by looking their coffee is crap compared to Santa Monica's...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Hybridfusion posted:

Maybe? I have no clue. I just wanted to throw my coffee maker knowledge out there!

As for why to get one, it can make a crazy amount of different coffees and its all automated. You hook up a tank of milk to it and it does the rest. It does make an extremely great cup of coffee. The price tag comes with the durability and warranty of the device - its made to be used all day every day and keep on truckin.

I hear that the Austin team also has a pretty nifty piece of coffee tech.

[img]http://imgur.com/KDd6al3.jpg][/img]

• Locked thread