Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

The French Army! posted:

What the hell is gamergate anyhow? I don't follow any of this gaming garbage because I'm an adult with real hobbies, but a TLDR would be nice.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=5&l=71

e: nsfw apparently

to0terfish fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 7, 2015

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

Willfrey posted:

^^^ goddamn get some help. and TIMG that poo poo

daaamn she got some personality. Society doesn't want her to look smugly over her blue specs but fuckall if she cares

That's a dude.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
I saw this coming.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

Loiosh posted:

My understanding is that you can offer a bounty on another player. It's been awhile since I heard (Ex-CIG member) Rob Irving talk about it. But the intention was at that time in PVP areas you could flag another player and then offer a bounty contract on them. Other players could collect. It's a bit different from EVE as the areas are not universal, it's instanced. If you're wanting to track down another player, you have to flag them in game (so the server knows to match your instances). You'll only find them in a PVP zone. Supposedly areas that are in heavy control, like UEE areas, will not allow this via some method. This is the kind of stuff that has to be worked out. I recall how Age of Conan launched and how much it changed from their hardcore philosophy. I'm sure, assuming SC ever launches, there will be all kinds of changes in the gameplay design.

There's no set limit on it that I'm aware of, but there are factors the influence. The larger the ship, the more material is required to build it. Much like EVE, to build ships, the actual required materials have to be transported to the various factories, components shipped, and all assembled. Only then do you get the replacement. Small ships are easy to replace, they're common and all over the place being built. Large ships take more. A critical difference between EVE and SC (again, all of this is proposed because of course there is no SC out right now), is that the economy is almost entirely run by NPCs. There's a lot more of them than player characters in the economy. However, those large ships will still take time to build. That's one of the ways of discouraging LTI abuse.

And yup, money money money. Though supposedly they will not be selling ships at launch. At that point, you'll be getting them for in-game credit only, so no more $5k idris-Ps. -- Again, something said, so who knows how it'll be by the time SC launches, if ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8G-S-sExOg

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

MeLKoR posted:

Same here, I haven't followed GG at all but I'd sooner go to the David Duke Radio Show than be associated with this guy in any way. This guy is scum and you should know it Derek. This was some serious self-ownage.

The whole GamerGate idea is just another flies on poo poo analogy. You've got insufferably depraved idiots from two extremes fighting over a charred banana. I know DS has been on board with this business before so I can understand if he has some kind of tie-in to the GG thought camp but it is also worth noting, DS if you're reading this, that you're giving your adversaries ammunition by supporting this guy. He's literally doing a cause I know you're keen on a disservice and you are better telling him to gently caress off. Could have at least found a GGer that isn't morally bankrupt.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

I felt my heart beat
Chris Roberts in my bedroom
I will please that meat

"Look, at me Chris, please!"
I exclaimed with such passion
Leaking in panties

"Bend over don't cry"
Chris whispered to me softly
"Here's aids, LTI"

to0terfish fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 8, 2015

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/294701/tired-of-waiting/p1

lol

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
I applaud this individual for a finely executed gag, whichever one of you it is. Bravo. :golfclap:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326113/getting-ready-for-star-citizen

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
Truth: The funding page is a made up number generated by popular opinion and then inflated for the press.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

Goobs posted:

hey can't we all just be friends?

here's a pic of some grots I just finished painting, I pretend they're star shitizens and make them go into CC for the glory of the stimperor.

How long does that poo poo usually take to complete? They're just gray plastic pieces when you buy them, right?

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
Does anyone know how long it took ED to get made? Seems like it was pretty soon after the kickstarter.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

to0terfish fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 26, 2016

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4grc1p/another_million_rolls_by_113_million/d2k3kaq

voodoomudcake posted:

So how much money is left out of that $113M?
Enough to finish the game? Unlikely.

It gets better from there.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

to be fair these are guys who spend $2,500+ for water cooling components only to run a 2600k at stock speeds.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
meanwhile...

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
why doesn't my starfarer have a transgender bathroom?

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

Beet Wagon posted:

When Kayak was a pup, the only way he felt comfortable in the car was to ride on people's shoulders like some sort of fat bird.

to0terfish fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 9, 2016

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

tastychicken posted:

What exactly did this child do to deserve his citizenship? I thought citizenship had to be earned the good old hard way, through playing Squadron 42 Part 1 through 6.

Even if they were working on a game it wouldn't be ready until that kid is driving to college. I'm sure they have taken this into consideration.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

peter gabriel posted:

Star citizen is the Benjamin Button of games

:bravo:

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
I'm particularly fond of the baby cattes as posted.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
I feel for all the poor children who aren't getting a new bike this christmas because dad bought another 5 ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
I'll bet that promotion wasn't cheap.

• Locked thread