Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
The hell is going on? Derek hasn't had a tweet in 17 hours. My F5 finger is getting tired. I have a full bag of popcorn over here going to waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Just set a notification in Twitter to have the Twitter app on your phone notify you when he tweets.

Thanks for the tip; clearly I don't Twitter. Derek is about the only reason I'm ever even on there (I don't even follow family).

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

http://store.steampowered.com/app/326160/

Shroud of the Avatar - Another game that was supposed to be out in 2014 and is still a no show. Coincidence that Chris Roberts was also in bed with another feature-creeping, underestimating, permanent pre-Alpha game?

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah but you can download and play SotA right now. There's towns and skeletons and stuff.

True, but you can download SC at like 500TB (somewhat an exaggeration) and aimlessly blow up your go cart for fun and ....profit? Also spaceship-ish.

To be fair, skeletons sound cooler, but they are still a year late.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

No Man's Sky announced for June '16. Where will Star Citizen be at by that point?

Did Chris Roberts move over to Hello Games?

NMS = Simultaneous launch with SC = 2020 = Soon™

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Not in my experience. I've been waiting a month.

So I started a chargeback process with my bank/Visa. I hope their dispute committee grants me mercy.

Yep I just got the generic 'currently experiencing an unusually high load of tickets' (read: "refund requests") message.

Confirmed I will get my refund 2 days before game launch in 2020

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Vire posted:

At least they have the excuse of only having like 4 employees and aren't asking for donor money.

True but who needs it with the ridiculous amount of money Sony made it rain on them for holding the game until Morpheus comes out

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Vire posted:

Sounds like a sony problem not a consumer problem. Dunno why people would hold it against them it's not like it's their money. Sony is the one who is hyping it up way too much as well. It just seems like a neat little indie exploration game.

Hey I'm all for a business making money (both Sony and Hello Games). Especially when it's not a crowd funded non-starter. But don't tickle my dick for over a year before it's released.

And thus the circle back to Star Citizen has been achieved.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Derek, Go put a foot up your legal team's collective asses. You owe us a blog and my popcorn is getting cold and it needs the tears of WKs to be delicious.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

This link from the RPS article...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tnx5w5EwJw23lPYhHdlHs5g/htmlview

There are 100 ships listed. 27 are in a full flyable state. So only about a fourth are actually usable right now. Yet more ships keep going on sale, ever increasing the backlog. This is what happens when there is no oversight. An "evil" publisher type role would step in at this point and smack everyone around. Hell, get 75% done (starting oldest first) before you add to the pile. I think it's indicative of the whole situation over there with the mismanagement.

Not to mention a lot of those are variants of the same ship. So even that 27 number is inflated, because you can't tell me it is that hard to make a version of an existing model.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

:wtchris:

Well that's that... we could get to page 9000 and nothing else can be seen in this thread that is more awesome/appalling

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Jst0rm posted:

we can fit a few more in there before this is over.

I've already used these images more than the jpgs I bought in the "concept' phase of SC

Edit: Post needed more Gary :gary: :gary: :gary:

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 27, 2015

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Obvious whale bait

Edit: I'll take 3 if they come with LTI

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Wait! You're questioning the psychological integrity of the people who BUY JPEGS OF SHIPS FOR A GAME THAT DOES NOT EXIST!?!? Seriously?

:wtchris:

I mean to be fair, Derek, you and I both bought some jpegs for a game that didn't exist when we backed the kickstarter. As I'm sure a lot of other people here did too.

But never mind, I will agree that all of our psychological integrity should be questioned :gary:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

I too support Donald Gorn for president

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Nope, not true. We backed a game. Now they're selling JPEG ships for said game. Big difference.

Valid point.

They were offering physical items back then too. My main reasoning to CIG in my refund request was the lack of delivery of the physical goods in addition to the game The Rear Admiral, which I believe is an awesome way to say Grand Butt Pirate, was supposed to include:

- Spaceship shaped USB stick with the game and all digital elements
- CD of game soundtrack
- Fold-up glossy full color map of the game universe
- Set of 5 Ship blueprints
- 3-inch physical model of your in-game ship
- Hardcover copy of 'The Making of Star Citizen' including loads of behind the scenes images and info

Of course all i got was my "citizen card". To that refund request; I was told that the collectors boxes are in the process of being made and they will have it to me next year. And a direct quote: "They have been taking a little longer as there are thousands to make and it is a very complicated process." By little longer they mean a year after the estimated date. Don't tell me a factory in China couldn't knock out some collector's boxes in about a week. Obviously the delay in these are most of the art doesn't exist more or less a soundtrack.

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 30, 2015

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Gwaihir posted:

Hahahah, this is funny because it's likely to actually happen and be true.

Derek Smart, the job creator we deserve.

In before "Still created more jobs than Obama"

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Who needs a marketing department when a bunch of nerds can dream up their own poo poo? Luckily they don't need to list Space Farmer and Cocktail Mixer because that's already coming SOON™

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qs9g9/screw_aegis_we_need_our_drake_ships/

[–]DragonTHCGolden Ticket 8 points 16 hours ago
My ideas:
Drake Man-o-war, a pirating corvette. Smaller than a frigate. Heavily armed and armored.
Drake Ketch, a ballistic gunboat. This is not a ship at all, but a trailer of ballistic guns made to tow behind Hull C.
Drake Swivel. Made in secret from Xi'An technology, this ship is a ball turret around which multiple heavy guns rotate. Useful when you need to loiter in an area and just harass anything passing by.
Drake Axe, a Boarding vessel made to carry troops and an armory.
Drake Fang, a militia fighter. Smaller than a 300i, just as scrappy as a hornet. Formerly known as the Drake X-5. Didn't win the contract that Anvil did for the Hornet.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qqlxn/new_to_star_citizen_and_want_to_understand_the/

In a nutshell - Please vote on how you would like us to take your money

Edit: because I miss Gary :gary:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

RedTonic posted:

Please post more cat jpegs while we wait for more blues to be shot.

Puppies or GTFO

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

There's mine.

That's a mighty cute long faced dog.

I have two others, possibly because I'm mentally insane and the wife and I don't have kids yet.

And yes he wears bowties, bowties are cool

And to stay somewhat on topic

:gary: PAAAAAAARRP

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 30, 2015

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Kakarot posted:

not mine

God drat that's cute furry as gently caress. Just like I like my women.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Romes128 posted:

I get to shoot people and do missions and crash into space stations trying to land.

It's entertaining and fun.

existing game > tech demo of all the cool stuff you can only wet dream at night about

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It is good when they shut down entire studios because that means they spend my money on more important stuff, like Mark Dance and Sandi's walk-in closet.

Why stay in Austin when you can outsource to get all that cheap labor in LA.....

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Yeah this blog better come soon. I've not masturbated all day in anticipation and I have two towels ready so hurry up Derek :P

:gary: sploooooooge

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

G0RF posted:

"Ben, Chris and Sandi are all LAUGHING AT YOUR SILENCE, Derek!"

That's a lawsuit

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

LCL-Dead posted:

You could not pay me enough to live in Florida. I can't even stand North Carolina summer humidity.

loving amateur. I live in Atlanta, get on our humidity having rear end level.

:gary:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

I hope you recover legal bills out of all this, Dr. Smart.

Holy poo poo.

This dumb, mushmouth motherfucker is a minor hollywood producer and the only tail he can get a ring on is his loving intern at this low level production company he's a partner in. A hollywood 4, who apparently has emotional problems. After loving up his movie career, he lucks into a hundred million dollars and uses spacegame dreams and dollars to try to set up a motion capture business and also jumpstart his crazy, not that hot, not that talented over 40 year old wanna be actress's career?

She's 35 according to IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1667407/

The years have been rough...

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Matlock Birthmark posted:

And for only 1000$ pledged you too can spend 10 more dollars per shiny HID proxcard

Put your :10bux: to something that is actually in existence, like a SA forums account Lowtax's hookers and blow fund

In the comments the card is called a prototype and then go on to say that the actual card won't look like this :wtchris:.

What next? They show video footage from a cut-scene a year ago that isn't indicative of what will actually happen in the game and call it a sneak prev.... gently caress

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

God drat these last two pages make my soul hurt.

In a effort to move it along and a lack of good star citizen drama; I present a list of delicious things.

1: South Carolina mustard based BBQ
2: Sweet tea (namely from Publix)
3: Nachos from any where, ever

Also :gary: PAAAAARRRRRPPPPPP

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Unbelievable. Next thing you know you are going to tell us there are connections between these asshats and real life mobsters...

But for real, not knowing UK reporting laws, what kind of trouble can they get into for this and when? Moreover, if they actually do update it in accordance to the law, will it actually give away anything juicy??

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

You missed the best part, where Ben replies with 'By replacing I don't mean REPLACING...'

So still fundamental design problems for a ship that has been in SUPER JPEG CONCEPT work since November 2012?

Pardon me while I pick up my jaw from shock. :gary:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Loiosh posted:

Ah! Thank you, I had missed the history with this. I remember when it was revealed and then took one of my SC breaks.

One ship...3 years of design and ...mulligan? I can't imagine why complicated things like a PU are taking so long.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Cutlass_Black

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Loiosh posted:

They kinda made a lot of changes after doing their first ship revisions. They had finished up the Hornet (v1), 300 series, Constellation, Freespacer and Aurora and then introduced the new deferred render (I'm guessing this was a rebase from CryEngine upstream). Then did PBR passes. Then the Hornet got changed over a few months (Hornet v2). At that point modular builds got added (3 variants of the Hornet introduced). M50 racer is added. Then, if I'm remembering my history correctly, the Constellation went in for a revision and the Idris was going to be redesigned. Out comes the Aurora variants.

The Constellation v2 is released along with variants. And that's where I dropped off again. Now the Constellation is getting a v3 design for some reason?

Yep I feel you. It perpetuates the "we have no idea what we are doing but we loves us some JPEG spaceships and theory crafting" conversation.

Things like ships shouldn't be this much under review this late in the game considering the boring part of development like "how do we fit 10 ships in an instance with 10 crew members on each ship doing poo poo (like serving drinks and farming)" still have to be worked out.

And yes I know graphic artists aren't designers but based on original dream of the ship, you can't get the loving thrusters in the right place from 3 years ago and you just now figured this out??

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

Their excuse for making new ships and constantly revising the existing ships, is because they have all these artists and designers on staff just lazing around otherwise.

Hey here's an idea... get a working engine first and THEN bring in the artists

I don't know jack all about game development, but I bet normally the first 1-2 years of a new game is spent 100% on just coding and getting the basics in place

For such a dev guru as Roberts is supposed to be he sure seems to go about absolutely everything backwards

Ahh but you have hit the whole reason people think this is a scam nail on the head. You can't appeal to nearly as many nerd's wallets with basics. You have to get money from selling space dreams and pictures. And that would have been fine. But where you hit scam speed is when you can't stop making those pictures and monetize everything. Sell ships and dreams make X dollars then create those basics. But if they did that, we wouldn't have as much reason to be in this thread other than a good gentle caress.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Goredema posted:

Fake edit: please note that in a few days, the ships shown above will be actually usable in the game. The game that exists and is playable.

Look pal, we don't take kindly to words like "exists", "playable", and "game" in the same sentence around these parts. We like our internet spaceships like we like our sex lives, better in our fantasies and non-existent.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Wait wait. Ben's wife works there too? Is the nepotism that rampant? How much more double, triple and quadruple dipping can we have?

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

AP posted:

They really hate funding going below 20k and have for a good couple of years now. In the past, before they said they'd give a weeks notice before any sale, I predicted a couple of surprise sales as it was such a set pattern, anywhere near 20k/day and a wild sale would appear from nowhere. There's probably good reason behind it, harder to start something from cold rather than keep it drifting along. They do have a ton more backers now so you'd have though 20k was easier, it's not easy anymore.

It's easy to figure now why the funding is down. Most people are waiting for the "anniversary" sale. Only people who are giving up money now are those "I will show those SA trolls" spite pledgers.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

G0RF posted:

I'm Fallouting right now but I will put together a summary of info if he doesn't want to post it in here.

I'm still intrigued about the customs declaration being way undervalued. That seems like bad form.

This is actually pretty standard swindling; nothing specific to CIG. I ordered a full retail boxed dual Android and Windows boot tablet from China for $275. It came to me customs stamped as a "sample" and value was listed as 40 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

staberind posted:

If we are posting odd space games to scratch the itch, Grav is free for the weekend on steam, its an odd game, but i am kind of sucked in.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332500/

& get an ointment.

Totally with you on Grav. I played until like 5am last night. Needing wood to power my super mono wheel space bike, while odd, it's fun. Like it better than Ark. Ark was the first game I actually refunded on steam yesterday. Which I think is fair considering over 10 years and I'm like 7500 bucks into steam with over 1000 games.

• Locked thread