Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You didn't took this whole hive mind thing serious? Yeah you did! Lol, yes sure we will chip some money in. I should get a reddit account now.

But seriously, if Mr. Dipshit internet overlord really tries to sue some poor reddit guys I would love to give some money to these guys. And if the money is on an account outside of the USA he can also forget about getting one dime of it, even if he wins. At least that I know for sure.

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes
When does the next Peter Gabriel lets play debut?

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Nicholas posted:

derek just roberts' us

It's the feature creep!

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Another masterpiece!

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

This stream is poo poo. They are focused on the minutia instead of saying something substantial about the state of the game.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

i like that the ADS is still messed up

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Is Octopode the smuggest poster on the internet?

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Dancing cat man and eonwe are the best posters. Eonwe has done good work in the eve thread today

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Apparently questions over testicle size options in the character creator results in a chat ban

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Ferocious

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

This thread is worth the whole $10. I came for the Archeage, EvE, random poo poo-mmo news, and stayed for the Pgabz videos about this train wreck of a "game".

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

I also prefer this amazing thread without the fat-shaming and bitch-calling.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

TWO WEEKS!

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

I really hope this fuzzy dude is a troll. I have a hard time believing that someone can subject themselves to playing this game everyday and think the mess that is currently playable is the BDSSE. Have any of these citizens played a game in the last 10 years?

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

alphabettitouretti posted:

Will Solar Plebeian be producing high quality advertisements showcasing the craft?

Also I am interested in a Solar Plebeian themed HOTASS. This is important for my immersion.

Can we get Santaball as well?

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

Q: So the Endeavour has bio domes. What will be the point of farming? And will there be bacon farming?

A: Well the point of farming will be... ah, you know, the BIO DOMES will allow you to grow, ah, agriculture, you know, crops, ah, and you'll be able to... SELL those, probably for a premium so the idea will be, the Bio Domes in the Endeavour are sort of growing things that you couldn't normally necessarily grow on a planet, and you can maybe sell for a premium, whatever it would be, ah, I'm sure lotsa people will go "SPACE WEED!" but um, you know there'll be plenty of other things too, ahaha, um, so... you know it's, it's ah, it's a sort of farming mechanic, so you'd have that in, ah, you know you'd have that in space, you'd maintain it like perhaps you know, you have to take the... your ship would have to be a certain distance from the local system STAR or, you know you'd have to tend, fend for it make sure it's... ah, you know GROWN in, you know, like, perhaps the lower gravity setup makes you able to grow a better strain of... whatever it will be, WHEAT etc ah, so there you go

My god these answers are awful. People paid tons of money for ships to do this kinda poo poo based on this kind of explanation from our lord Christ Roberts?

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Star Citizen: All they have left to deliver is everything

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

A game that saves your keybindings? What a unique feature!

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

radd posted:

Everyone Loves Eonwe

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

I stop paying attention to the thread for a couple hours and 900posts happen. ELE yet? Or did DSmart go ahead and CRobber us again?

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Meridian posted:

You haven't missed anything except Beet Wagon's cool dog.

Well dogs are cool so that's good

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

I have this strange feeling that I am going to be underwhelmed by the blog post.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Your posting must be crazy levels of awful for Eonwe to not want you to :justpost:

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

I'm having trouble handling the cringe

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Chocobo posted:

Didn't Seraph literally plan on killing himself? I can't remember if his suicidal posts were before or after he had to sell his internet spaceships to make rent.

Wait, I thought seraph was some super rich Bitcoin dude who laughed at the SC doubter's lack of disposable income

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Tippis posted:

That was before he ran out of money and had to sell all his SC ships to afford paying rent.

Lol. It's as if these people living on welfare dropping 10k on jpegs really can't afford it
:gary: :yarg:

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

TTerrible posted:

EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH CIG IS TERRIBLE WITH DATES AND TIMELINES.

Soon the blog will have been published before Ben was born.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

As said, self-sacrificing!

But yea, perfect way to determine his authenticity definitively - give us another picture of your sack next week and if it's clean-shaven then, we'll know you were just shillin' but if it remains as it is now, you're legit. For surely Sandi would never let such an affront continue for longer than a week, if you were one of their registered shills.

Like a warrant canary but with his balls

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

I'm excited for DS to get to the money shot

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

This is not new. They always stated that prices would (generally) rise with each sale iteration. Concept ship pricing is to be the lowest offered price and comes with LTI. Sales exist at hangar ready, flight ready, and anniversary, each rising in price. Moreover, they stated that as the game progresses and we move forward towards release, ship prices would also climb. This was most recently said in the post accompanying the package split on Feb 14.

Is there any real difference between "hangar ready", "flight ready", etc. or are these all just arbitrary designations, since as far as I can tell very few of the ships are actually in game. It just all seems like a BS way to charge more for the same jpeg.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

Do you want the company line, or what CIG is actually doing? MOMA will chime in with the company line. What they're actually doing is giving a false sense of progress in order to keep the money coming in. There is a difference in some sense - hangar ready lets you walk around your ship in the hangar. "Flight" (:lol::lol:) ready means you can spawn the ship and jank it around in the tech demo.

Yeah I have seen enough pgabz videos to notice how poo poo the flight system is. If that's considered "flight-ready" then that is pretty low bar to clear lol.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

What the hell is wrong with these people to think throwing your money at a "game" is somehow both brave and honorable?? Will shitizens commit seppuku when it all finally implodes to preserve honor!?

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Troll Bridgington posted:

So game is good now?

That one tech demo proved wrong all the naysayers!

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Cigstomper58 posted:

Should CIG provide at least an approximate release date?
No
I may be in the minority here, but personally I perceive this 'game' as a journey, not a destination. What CIG is doing here isn't so much developing a progression-toward-a-win-state but rather an emergent set of interacting systems that have the potential to generate fun as a byproduct. Or in other words, if I had my way, Star Citizen would never have a "Release Date" where they would declare it complete and done and overwith; rather each feature will be released in turn as new ones are added, developing Forever. Like the universe does.

Should CIG reduce their ambitions and get something out in the next 2 years rather than 5..?289 votes
No
ABSOLUTELY NOT. No shortcuts, no cut corners, no cheap kludges, this project requires utmost fidelity!! While I can understand that some people just want a "game", this is more than that. This is a process of research and discovery and the things learned by CIG/RSI will go on to benefit Engineering, Simulation, and AI well above and beyond the influence of this one intellectual property. I absolutely want them to discover as much as they can. NASA sure as #@$% isn't making strides in these areas!

Is the current 2.4/2.5 fun to you? 289 votes
No
Can't honestly say it's "fun" because I can't play it. You read that right - I can't even play it and I still root for this project, and still pitched in to this project. And I'll tell you why: This isn't about my recreational enjoyment. This is about growth and discovery. I'll enjoy it when I save up for a rig that ain't a $#&%box/toaster. For now, I want this developer to survive long enough for me to catch up and REALLY become part of it.

Should CIG take drastic action to make 2.4/2.5 more new-user friendly/fun/interesting/exciting?
Yes
But only to a certain extent. I don't want to distract them from their more important objectives of implementation and polish of necessary infrastructural components. If there are little tidbits and 'toys' they can add to the experience for my fellow Citizens to enjoy, and they can do it 'between' other things with minimal distraction, then so be it.

But I need to make one thing absolutely clear:

If someone buys into Star Citizen only because they want a cool ship or they want to be a big deal boss hoss head honcho with the coolest kit and the most power, they're doing it wrong. The contributions we can make, monetarily, are donations. WE AIN'T OWED JACK. OUR ENTIRE PURPOSE IS TO SAY "HERE, TAKE THIS MONEY AND DO COOL THINGS." Cloud Imperium needs to do no more and no less than transform our resources into progress. If that's not enough for you, then don't donate! The ships and in-game resources you happen to get while donating are GIFTS. A nod of appreciation, not a transaction.

"But that's just, like, my opinion, man." When I sent in my first salvo of funding, it was after already having reconciled with myself that I may never see this money again. It was having reconciled with myself that I might not see a return on the investment. It was casting seeds onto unknown soil in the hopes that something will sprout. That's what I bought, and so far I'm satisfied with that purchase.
What is wrong with these people?

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

TTerrible posted:

Marching Powder contributes a lot of laughs to this thread on this comedy forum.

I prefer Eonwe concern trolling. MOMA and Lazrin bring more laughs in my opinion

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

kikkelivelho posted:

I just want you to imagine something. Imagine you're sitting in your office. You're nervous. Six months ago you gave your programmers a daunting task: to create the foundation for the most advanced and detailed MMO in existence. None of this has been done before, or even attempted by others. None the less, your engineers are cautiously optimistic, "we can do this" you all think together. You've always been confident in your abilities, but now you're sweating. No way to know if it'll work the way you've planned it. Finally, your head programmer comes to your office. He has news. He burst into a massive smile and tells you. They've not only succeeded in the task, they gone beyond what you thought was possible on modern hardware. Suddenly systems and mechanics you thought were years away are now here, before your game has even released. Planetary landings, thousand man instances and millions of smart, simulated AI actors, all suddenly made possible by your programmers. Just imagine that, and you might understand how CIG are feeling right now.

I'm enjoying your channeling of the shitizens mentality

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Marching Powder posted:

good effort man. it's really unusual for someone to put in even a token effort to remind everyone that they don't have to keep reading this poo poo if they don't want to. especially when it's proven that this thread will spoon ladle-fulls of poo poo into it's mouth if it means i come in to incredulously ask why.

why

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

CIG reinventing ingame chat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

How much money have they spent developing discord?

• Locked thread