Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Is there a wiki for this poo poo from the beginning? All I know about it is it's a huge scam, I deserve to know more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Daztek posted:

Yeah, the first post.

First post is only a few months back, people have been saying this is a scam on the forums for years haven't they?

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Thanks broseph, see you dudes in 1,200 pages

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Wait I'm only on page 3 now and need to know how this story ends, does Derek Smart turn out to be the villainous failed video game maker or does he find redemption and take on the mantle of Star Citizen protector ushering in a new age of accountability?

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Am I going to find out on page 125 that Sandi isn't really that hot because her IMDB looks pretty drat hot.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

I do, if she turns out to not be hot I'm going to need reassurance that Derek Smart is hot enough to keep my attention for 1,199 more pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Hey I can finally contribute something to the thread. There's a developer for Everquest MQ (cheating program that everyone uses) who despite being a programmer/developer can't stop himself from being a whale.

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/general-mmo-game-discussion/30112-star-citizen-5-10-15k-dollars-buy-virtual.html

quote:

Star Citizen - I need 5,10, or 15K dollars to buy virtual goods
Anyone else plan on playing star citizen? I bought a ghost and a vanguard and man is my wallet hurting. Also, are any of you super rich cougars or older men that want to spot me $5,000, $10,000, or $15,000 for the sole purpose of purchasing virtual goods so that I can buy the ship packs that have all the ones i want? (no sweet lovin, but maybe i can send Dealings over to your house for mouth pleasure as he is in to that sort of thing.)

So far the little bit I have played it seems pretty solid... but the money sink for this game is off the wall crazy pre launch. I am told you can earn everything in game like in EVE but it will probably take a really long time to do so.

Anyway, maybe if anyone does play we can get set up in the same organization. I kind of want to be a pirate. Yarrrrrr matey.

Oh hey he seems to see the blinking light of DON'T DO THIS, surely he wo....

quote:

JFC im almost $4k into star citizen at this point since that post in april. I am actually to the point that i might as well just get the $5k pack. it's like loving pokemon i gotta collect them all. that is why i am currently selling all my EQ accounts to fund star citizen.

every time they come out with some fancy ship i want, i buy it. i gotta stop. you dont actually have to spend any money beyond buying a package for $45 to get the 2 base games. (there is going to be an mmo part, and a stand alone single player/coop mission game). That base pack comes with a single starter ship.

Welp

• Locked thread