Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
i'm getting a good feeling that everything is going to resolve itself and that star citizen will officially release next tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

2DCAT posted:

i'm getting a good feeling that everything is going to resolve itself and that star citizen will officially release next tuesday.

next thursday at the latest

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
derp edit: i shall pay the catte tax

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Kakarot posted:

Oh yea, still waiting for that

please tell me that this is in whatever it is that they're calling 'the game' these days.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

The Titanic posted:

It's one of the 700 game mechanics that are promised and have huge written concepts about.

This was part of the passenger liner they sold a long time ago.

It also had in-game movies where the rarity of the movies you could find would affect passenger happiness.

It also had passenger illnesses.

It also featured server blades that could short out and would need to be replaced.

The drink mixing game was for mixing drinks to give to various passengers asking for those drinks.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but it doesn't matter. This is the kind of poo poo Roberts promises people and they seriously think this is all possible, and it will work in a seamless MMO environment where your passenger liner could pass another passenger liner and you can all look at each other doing all these things through the windows of the ships, while on the other side is a space war.

People genuinely believe this kind of stuff is possible to happen, in a game that can't make a demo video, within a year.

I want to know how many people sat in the room while this was being pitched and said in their head "loving dumbest poo poo I've ever heard" but we're too scared to say something.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

thatguy posted:

Remember when Eonwe and friends posted like 40 pages of recipes peppered with Seraph meltdowns?

god bless you :eonwe:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

2DCAT posted:

god bless you :eonwe:

eonwe would have wanted

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

2DCAT posted:

eonwe would have wanted

this triple post is for you :eonwe: o7

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

peter gabriel posted:

Anyone got any good recipes / pet pics?

How's this?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

See everyone, the game just started development a few months along. Everyone needs to quit their complaining.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

this is literally my fetish

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

MilesK posted:

Will missiles still be physical items in your ship that you can actually watch get loaded and fired? It's very important to gameplay and surely trivial to code.

https://i.imgur.com/UG7z54e.gifv

...just, lol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Lol at everything

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

AP posted:

From the skype crash you can see that Nehkara, one of the founders of INN, is also known as "Vampyrerotica".

:gary:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Lol at the 30 goons that are watching the bad stream

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Is this tane enough?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Did Derek post that thing that was going to be big, but is probably not big at all?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Now that I think of it... Croberts is a lot like trump and his speeches. Birds? Yeah, we're going to have the best birds, the most procedurally generated birds and greatest looking birds in the world.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

:eyepop:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm just speechless lol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

shrach posted:

Accountancy talk ahead.

The last thing you would want to do is treat it as cash. If it's cash then it's not revenue, it's a liability. Prepaid income. Accounting for gift cards is actually a pain.

I think a few years ago Sony or SOE? talked about a similar issue. They were charging a subscription fee and gave everyone some of their fake money each month. People would save up all this fake money and it causes a lot of issues because it is considered comparable to real money you have to provide for it as a liability. I believe they wanted to give their customers double the fake money each month, but not let the customers roll it over and save it up. They had to spend it each month or lose it. SOE wanted to avoid the prepaid income issue entirely. I think in the end though the customer base rebelled because they would rather save up half as much than be forced to spend it each month. Similar theme here about the perceived notion of investment vs expenditure on the part of the customer. I think SOE ended up sucking up the problem in this case?

If you take money for something and do not deliver the product it cannot be considered as revenue on your profit and loss account. The cash you have received creates a liability. You owe the cash to your customer. Once you give them all of the jpgs they think they purchased, you can move the liability to the revenue column. "Engineering debt" is just plain old debt that you owe to your customers in your accounts and must provide for it as such.

This subject is why I am interested to read the revenue recognition policy of the one Crobpany that receives the cash from customers. I would hazard a guess that this may be an issue that is holding up the production of the group accounts because it is a literally impossible task to calculate properly and make the accounts acceptable to look at from a going concern perspective.

Woah, what is a serious and good post doing here in the SC thread.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

The Asian person in the background looks so tempted to just pull that plug while no one is looking.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Regrettable posted:

That's Toast/MoMA

LOL!

MoMA, we all saw that look in your eyes, and I know it must have been a tough decision. What ultimately stopped you from going through? Was it the knowledge that Sandi and her steady stream of donuts were going to kill him soon enough?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lazrin posted:

So... even if we use the date of 2011 as the "start of development", and allow all the way to the end of 2018 for sc alpha 4.0 to hit... that's still just 7 years.

7 years to build a game that even everyone here admits has a far larger scope than any other game that has come before (but yet also somehow doesn't manage to do anything that hasn't been done before ;) )

sure, there's no way they're going to be done with all of the *content* by then (other star systems), but i'd say there's a great chance of 1 fully fleshed-out and polished star system with all of the game mechanics in place. and that pretty much is the game... the mvp.

do you (or anyone) honestly think that's an impossible feat, to go from here to there? i don't.

lol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

HycoCam posted:

They have released a few group shots--never bothered to count, but I think one goon did once...

LA:
Austin:
Manchester:
Frankfurt:
Turbulent:

There's so much diversity in these pictures.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Thank God we have two sources of fake star citizen news. I have to wonder though, do you think the market is beginning to saturate just a bit?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

insert wankpod joke.

I'm the 13.7 frames per second.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Which INN is this? I have trouble keeping track. Also, lol at whomever is trying to sue over the tens and tens of dollars in pure profit.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
This has been the most inept space mutiny since the movie space mutiny.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

2DCAT posted:

This has been the most inept space mutiny since the movie space mutiny.

I'm on team Big McLargehuge

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

FactsAreUseless posted:

Alright, peter gabriel can be the mod of cats. If any cats start posting here, he can mod them.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
What happened to pbagz???

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

ripptide posted:

He can only probate cats.

I'm still waiting for my pgabz probate.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

peter gabriel posted:

It's POTATO all over again

Lololololol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

rip. hope this one had LTI.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

have these people never played a video game in the last 10 years?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
i was going to photoshop :gary: into the Ernie cookie and submit a ryan archer'd cookie presentation... but it's been a busy Sunday :negative:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

peter gabriel posted:

Footage of MoMMA's morning commute to CIG has surfaced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHQdpnYFl7k

more like this imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPLTBtWH4GQ

also, that's me at 0:45

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
This development is so open that no one has any idea what is or isn't happening in the current build of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Sunswipe posted:

It's in if you REALLY believe in Chris Roberts. You do believe, don't you?

:ohdearsass:

• Locked thread