Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Ground floor of a new reddit archive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Feel free to share recipes and I'll add it to the cookbook.

When the dust has settled this will be the true legacy of Star Citizen.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Is there a quick 'what the gently caress is going on' primer somewhere? Because seriously what the gently caress is going on?

Like, there was gonna be a spaceship game and now everyone's pissed off?

Five compartments are flooded. Some people are getting life jackets. Everyone else is talking about how amazing New York is going to be.

The dinner menu looks amazing.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beef Hardcheese posted:

For sale
Aurora Marque
Never flown

:golfclap:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

Pho recipe. easy and cheap you just need to have a hella large cooking pot.

Reddit. Seriously. Archive this it looks delicious.

I am going to make it this weekend.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Eonwe posted:

hey reddit on something awful having an av bought for you is definitely a mark of shame and not something a lot of people are proud of considering they got some idiot on the internet angry enough to spend money on them

please dont buy us avatars

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I don't know if Dr. Smart's father is still alive but if he is he should probably talk to the other kid's dad for him.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Eonwe posted:

why do we care about any of this twitter bullshit again

i just read this thread to make fun of star citizen

What have we become.

Can we ever go home again.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

A 5 year old punk once called me a poopy head so I kicked his face off

On the internet I hope.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

joats posted:

The level design is poo poo and something out of early 2000's. Online hallway shooters are garbage tier fps.

The art is ok though.

The in engine shots look like a Doom 3 mod.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I'm trying to catch up but I'm hoping to read some new news on the Swedish mafia and all of the lawsuits that are happening.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I just wanted to wish everyone a merry TOS day and a happy new year.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

One thing that has been confusing me is a few of you complained that So-and-So nerfed or hosed over the Cutlass.

The Cutlass issue is, at this point, one of the more concrete examples of vision failing to survive a ham fisted attempt at execution, the manner in which CIG responded to that failure and their dismissal of ensuing criticism. The tragedy is that it's a rather substantial parallel for Star Citizen as a whole, down to the core of sincerely decent people who still continue to put genuine effort into making an attempt to provide earnest feedback in the hopes of providing a means for things to turn out allright.

e, I mean. I could go on and on about the Cutlass. But that's the core. CIG sold something amazing, pushed something poo poo out the door to make a sale, disparaged the feedback to the obvious poop and spent the next year making GBS threads on the people who levied criticism.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 3, 2015

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Codependent Poster posted:

Why does he even wear button up shirts? Does he go around and use the buttons as mini-bullets when they inevitably shoot off?

Needs Oldman's face peeking out.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

It'll be pretty funny when scope creep is credited as the failure mechanism of a game that never managed to successfully tackle its basic gameplay promises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DTFpKlH1LE

On the subject of games that are importing their gameplay design into a game engine developed for something else.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

CIG is too deep into sunk cost to realize that all that code debt is going to keep blowing up in their faces whenever they try to implement a new system. But I get the feeling that they know that switching to another solution wont do them any good this late in the game.

Compounded by CIG paying their bills by taking out one engineering debt loan after another by promising that ships upon ships will be made one day.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

kikkelivelho posted:

They've started modifying Cryengine so might as well stick with it.

How's that working out for them?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

On the other hand I would challenge anyone here to convince a population of people that it's not only extremely difficult to get cryengine to function as an FPS but that they should give you yet more money to help you succeed.

Extra challenge mode in convincing everyone that a compelling talking point is your inability to get aiming reticules to work, which is why you're half a year late on fulfilling a revised schedule which is also late.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

MrDorf posted:

The buildup is reaching critical mass at this point...the longer he waits the more epic it'll need to be. If he doesn't drop something soon the leading image of his blog will have to be an FBI agent with his knee on Croberts neck, or goons will not be satisfied.

It's meant to be an ironic reflection on SC's failure to deliver.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

It's a jpg of a cat it seems like it's pretty relevant.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Reddit is it ok to post pictures of cats if I want to talk about what kinds of cats I hope CIG adds to the game and also speculate about stats?

Like I think a tabby would have a 6 in terms of pissing on my socks.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Worst OP to date tbqh.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

TubeStank posted:

i just stretched and hurt my back ohhh hgod this isn't good folks

Sounds like you need a stretchgoal my friend.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

DancingShade posted:

This. I am honestly terrified the IKEA mafia have turned Derek Smart into a snazzy chair made of human bone and skin.

Does anyone have the catalogue number? I might want to buy it to commemorate his passing.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There's always more and it's always :gary: PAAAARRRRRPPPP

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, is 10:30 in the morning too early for a burrito?

Just call it a breakfast burrito and you're covered.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Jethro_E7 posted:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Accelerwraith was banned from /r/starcitizen_trades not /r/starcitizen. Permabans from there are usually permanent and bans do not carry over to /r/starcitizen.
The context of that post was that people were utterly outraged that someone would buy a limited ship like the jav and then sell it for profit. The sheer outrage and fury that you would deny a true believer a ship was seen as scalping and so attracted the rage and ire of the loyalists.
The outrage of that particular citizen was such that he wished death on the one that did it.

I find this to be extremely funny.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Geguri Gegogi posted:

Battlecruiser? More like Battleloser heh, amirite? ;)

:chanpop:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Refund received.

Initiated Oct 1st.
Generic response Oct 6th.
Human contact Oct 21st.
Account suspended Oct 23rd.
Refund offer extended and accepted Nov 4th. Account shut down.
Refund deposited via paypal Nov 5th. Surprisingly quickly.

CIG covered the fee.
Payment received care of Cloud Imperium Games Corporation.

It's over.

:negative:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

comatose posted:

This is pretty much why I think they word it the way they do.

In a followup email they provide the following

quote:

Your account has been permanently de-activated. Should you wish to return in the future you can create a new account with the same details. :)

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Dirty Hairy posted:

What wording are you using to initiate this? Any surprises with CS trying to dissuade you?

Please keep in mind that I am a barely functioning idiot and so the course I followed should be considered a guideline at best.

Initial email

quote:

Good afternoon.

I am requesting a full refund.

Thank you.

They then ask me to blame the escapist or Smart. To both parties I imagine I owe my refund, in one way or another. My response:

quote:

Good afternoon.

I am confirming that I would like my account refunded and closed.

My decision is not motivated by any press or media communication but rather one of project scope. The game has grown beyond the scope of what was described when I first backed. The growth has almost entirely consisted of aspects brought up after the fact and, as a result, multiple delays that have pushed the expected delivery date far beyond what was originally promised.

I hope that this reasoning assists you with your record keeping and I thank you in advance for your timely response to this message.

You may issue the value of the pledges in my account care of paypal via the email associated with this account. If an alternative route of reimbursement is required I'll seek to accommodate.

Thank you.

Everything else that was exchanged were variations of "Hello where are we with this" and "Yes, cancel everything give me my money, no I do not care if I cannot use this account to post on your forum."

Mostly it was just a lot of waiting. Mentioning chargebacks will probably shorten your wait. I didn't do that. CS never attempted to convince me to not request a refund, as they have others. I can't imagine anyone was sorry to see me go.

That was a lot of words I am sorry everyone.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah the part where Jared admitted it was rather surprising.

If it was anyone else at CIG I would think it was an intentional admission.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Ben and Mrs Ben stood at the bottom of the stairs suggests CIG at least employ Health And Safety staff, so more outgoings at backers expense :argh:

The picture was taken 5 minutes before their jaws unhinged and the stairs collapsed into a slope.

Then, the feeding.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

The new Dead Space game is looking really good.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Jethro_E7 posted:

Your leaving will be a devastating loss to Cutlass owners in particular.
Don't forget to leave a kind parting message, will you?

I doubt anyone will care that much, but I did chuck a goodbye in there. They're good people.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This sounds hilarious. What kind of beer would it be?

It's all beers.

Just give us periodic updates about how the brewing is going and let us know that another batch opened up now and then if we want to order some more.

Maybe some label jpgs.

edit: see this is a joke about star citizen development

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Hey, I've got an exciting new vacuum cleaner about to hit the market, better hit up my raging homophobic contacts for an interview!

Will it clean the stains from my white carpet?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

2DCAT posted:

How does Derek smart talking to neo nazis about CIG further his goal of getting CIG to open their books?

This entire thing is crazy. Derek is either naive or dumb, and I'm glad of every second of this.

Please Derek, go forth and do the show. The fallout from all of this will be glorious.

I think we're going after the Swedish mafia now I dunno I'm still on season 3.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

:godwinning::godwinning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

Bootcha for spaceship jpeg op. This D_Ssmart one has lost appeal for some reason.

• Locked thread