Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
i tried making some art about star citizen i dont think its good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/27/star-citizen-101-what-is-it-and-why-is-it-controversial/#more-324237

that rps article was pretty harsh but fair.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

CIG posted:

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for your support request.

We would like to alert you to the fact that we are currently experiencing an unusually high load of tickets causing severe delays in getting replies out to you.

Please rest assured that we have your ticket and will get to you as quickly as is humanly possible.

Your patience and understanding with us during this busy time is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

i dont think people realize that games were fun when you were a kid BECAUSE you were a kid. i remember playing the TIE fighter demo on some demo cd we got in the mail and learning every key myself because there was no tutorial. it was fun back then, would make me kill myself now. all these people saying star citizen is going to reinvigorate their interest in games are forgetting that they are losing interest because they are old and getting older and video games loose a lot of their fun when you get old.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

LCL-Dead posted:

As a side note, this was the last email I received from CIG:

I have no idea why you think you should get a refund when you GIFTED people $800 of useless poo poo. You can't get money back on things you give away to other people, that money is no longers yours to get a refund on. Basic common sense for christssake. You're an idiot and you shouldn't get your money back. I can't believe I'm saying this but I side with CIG on this one. You're an idiot Maryland ex marine everything about you screams idiot.

I'm stationed in Maryland and everyone here is a total idiot you fit right in.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

LCL-Dead posted:

Your reading comprehension appears to be poo poo, friend.

I'm sorry LCL I shouldn't take it out on you. I get very unhappy when I see people spending hundreds of dollars on this game. It's a very kneejerk response.

I still hate MD though, gently caress this state.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

DSmart retweet.

I don't think that's very fair though, Skyrim was a sequel and not very ground breaking. SC claims to be setting new limits etc etc bullshit etc

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Namefag Edgelord posted:

[citation needed]

can we not ban him this time, mods, please? i'd like to hear what he has to say. you guys keep stopping him from explaining himself cogently and i'm sure he has a lot of important points to make.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Octopode posted:

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

C'mon man, keep that to yourself. OPSEC man.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

derek you've posted weird pictures of your wife before but no pictures that looks candid and include both of you. can you attach a normal picture of you and your wife so i don't think you pulled a picture off a magazine?

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

AP posted:

Anvil Aerospace Crucible – A so-called “flying toolbox,” the Crucible is the ship you want on your side when you suffer an asteroid collision or survive a pirate attack! Structurally, the Crucible consists of a cockpit, drive unit and workshop. The Crucible’s workshop is versatile: it can be used as a base for conducting EVA repairs (complete with requisite tool storage) or it can use magnetic grapplers to attach directly to a ship hull. In this situation, the workshop actually opens to space and allows a repair crew direct access to a damaged ship. The workshop can either maintain artificial gravity or allow for zero-g repair operations, depending on the needs of the mission. The Crucible’s cockpit is also outfitted with an array of repair tools, including dual purpose mounts that can exchange weapons for tractor beams and remote manipulator arms. The Crucible is also part of a larger planned repair system. For larger projects, independent sections of support struts and drive units, called the Miller ERS (External Repair Structure), can be locked together to form a sort of scaffolding around a damaged starship, the next best thing to an orbital drydock. A standard ERS unit includes a small drive, thrusters, magnetic attach points and modular hardpoints for mounting tractor beams, repair tools or weapons. ERS segments each have a code defining their shape (P1 = Straight section, P2= Left turn, P3 = Right turn, etc.) with the multiple layouts allowing extensive zero-gravity construction as necessary. In the case of damaged capital ships, like the Navy’s Bengal carriers, hundreds of ERS units might be formed into a latticework serviced by a dozen or more Crucibles.

Holy poo poo this sounds like an entire game in itself.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

AP posted:

They cut offline mode and that wasn't minor then they stalled on refunds before finally giving in. Now you could take the fact that they dropped a feature as a positive sign of firmer commitments to deliver the other features, as they took a lot of grief for it. It would have been easier just to promise it for later and never do it like CIG does for everything but Frontier should have refunded people immediately and probably didn't because so many people believe kickstarter promises somehow aren't binding (they are).

Star Citizen will at least likely sort out all the misconceptions around crowdfunding when this is over.

How would that game have ever worked in offline mode anyway? There's 400 billion stars. Even with procedural generation that would be a huge set of files.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

I watched that nerdy dude's stream for a little bit and when it wasn't crashing the game looked really pretty and cool. I'm hopeful. Still waiting for and expecting a refund, but hopeful.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

This is Moe.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Hey, whoever in this thread recommended reading Revelation Space: I really appreciate it. It was an excellent book.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Video games are important.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

I step off the flight deck into my AEGIS DISINCERTERATOR. My eyes loose focus as my body slowly moves by itself, swiveling into the pilots seat, clipping gently through the poorly rendered edges of the spacecraft. The sun reflects gently off the PHYSICALLY BASED RENDERING metal panels, the hue and tone of the sunlight a physically impossible shade given the position and type of star we are orbiting. A shadow from the PARP-BECK GRAVCANNON CLUSTER MINE LAUNCHER is rapidly pulsing on the flight pad below me, as my powerful custom built PC struggles to render this basic space scene.

I sigh with satisfaction as my character is launched out of the cockpit at an impossible speed into the one sided moon nearby.

Another day in the 'verse.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

The impacts of the boarders echoed down the hallway. The Pirates had finally burned through his hull and entered his MUSASHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES FREELANCER LUXURY EDITION. He should have seen them coming, but the cockpit windshield was not the best for situational awareness. Anyways, boarders were not a concern when you carry a rack of four GARDINER-PARP MX3 ELECTROPULSE FLETCHETTE CARBINES onboard. Also his LIFETIME INSURANCE ensured the ship could be replaced without consequence.

Nervously, he pulled a rifle from the wall. His body immediately entered a rigid crucifixion style state, the rifle vibrating in the air next to him. The selector switch on the rifle appeared to be desperately trying to escape the handgrip. He was ready for combat.

His body suddenly shot through the walls and into space, hundreds of kilometers from the ships in an instant. He realized his helmet had disappeared, and smiled. Death from the vacuum was far better than being raped by pirates. Checkmate, Pirates. He sighed with contentment as his limbs twisted around themselves violently.

Another day in the 'verse.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

The fleet was arrayed in the assembly station. Off in the corner of the landing pad, pride of the 4th STIMPIRE, the IDRIS CLASS ULTRAFRIGATE bristled - clipping through the platform, vibrating and burning slightly. She was ready for war. Nearby a platoon of ANVIL HORNET INTERCEPTORS bounced on the pad, their SKYWALKER-ULTRATECH DD4 GAUSSPARP HECTOCANNONS glistening in the too-bright light of the star CRUSADER IV. Three pilots stood underneath the Hornet "m'Lady Fedora" and chatted, arms stiffly out in a t-bar like shape. One of them vanished, leaving behind traces of a weapon belt floating in space.

All told, there were 29 ships prepared for battle. The last time a battle fleet of this magnitude had assembled only a server crash had saved their adversary. No one could save them now.

At command the pilots boarded their ships and set out. The IDRIS CLASS MEGASHIP unfortunately was unable to clip out of the station and had to be left behind. She was unneeded anyway, and detonated in a blue particle spray ring that made little physical sense in the vacuum of space. She was a tribute for a donation, not a purchase.

The massive fleet quantum jumped simultaneously. Only one MISC FREELANCER and three ANVIL HORNETS crashed out of the game during the jump, unbelievable luck and an auspicious start to a major battle. The remaining 24 ships were split onto three instances when they reached the comm station. They would not be able to fight alongside each other but brotherhood knows no limits and each pilot felt the pride of the STIMPIRE through CISCO OPTICAL NETWORK SWITCHES connecting them to each other.

The engagement began with glittering cannon fire across the three separate instances. The commander of the battle GRAND ADMIRAL WULGE KNIGHT coordinated over a third party program, TEAMSPEAK, with the individual fleets. An enemy ROBERT SPACE INDUSTRIES CONSTELLATION vanished completely from the battle space as his STRAT-FOXER RAPTOR III WASP PARTICLE LASER LANCE shattered its shields in an orgasm like spray. Moments later an explosion bloomed in the space the ship had once occupied. The Admiral's hand twisted around itself in gentle circles. The poop filled sock next to his desk seemed more a trophy then ever before.

Tonight he would break out the fleshlight, a reward for another great day in the 'verse.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

You guys totally got me with those "platinum account" messages.

I upgraded. Oh well.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Booourns posted:

It is a big joke and it stopped being funny months ago

It worked lol. Lowtax has my :10bux:

I think of its as a forum investment, I'm an investor

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

There have been at least two people admitting to buying platinum accounts to read the platinum messages

Who knows how many other guys will have bought plat - or both an account and plat, for the lurkers

These are not people with the best monetary discipline

My wife chewed me out for spending $10 on "that stupid website"

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Fuzzknots posts do not pass the bedschel test. Christ woman there's more to life than your boyfriend.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

He pulled the charging handle on the Keckler-Parp Rotator 4Xf carbine jammed in his shoulder.

The Pirates were on the ship, he could see the strobing glow of their weapons firing down the hall. The NPCs would be dead by now, no one left to manage the shields.

XxXSnipA_trump16xXx, one of the boarders, appeared down the hall, weapon twinkling. The invader hit a glitch portion in the ship and warped outside the hull. His body was still in a T, lifeless outside the window.

Soon, he would join XxXSnipA_trump16xXx in the void, arms out at a rigor mortis angle, his ship and boarders self destructing in a laggy fire of disconnecting player drops and server crashes.

Another day in the verse.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

I'm gonna be honest guys, I'm starting to have doubts this game is going to be released soon.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

He's just so tired of star citizen

Only registered members can see post attachments!

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

I got a refund a while ago put the PU looks pretty cool right now and I'm thinkin about buying back in. Something small and inexpensive, probably around $1000.

It's ok guys $1000 isn't that much to me and it won't come out of my savings. $1000 is barely anything these days, dinner and a movie will set you back more.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

If anyone wants to play a real game that is out and functional and very interesting I've been enjoying The Witness. Very good puzzles and an incredibly beautiful world.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Michaellaneous posted:

How the gently caress would you even reload this. The magazine is behind your back.

What, prop the barrel against the ground? That's totally healthy for a gun.

I assume there is a reason you carry this on your shoulder, and that reason is probably that it is really loving heavy. Nothing CIG has any thought put into it besides "Will this make us money?"

You guys are really reaching. You're stretching as far to bash this game as whales stretch to praise it and it's pathetic.

Video games have always had silly huge fuckoff guns and that's a good thing. This rail gun in star citizen looks cool and interesting, unlike 90% of the stuff they create.

There's plenty of stuff about star citizen to make fun of legitimately.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

No Mods No Masters posted:

The true pleasure of this thread is the slow random degeneration of chris roberts's name.

chris roberts -> croberts -> crobber -> crobbler -> crobo -> crebis -> etc.

I like Crebis!

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well if "really reaching" is off the table how the gently caress will the gun get reloaded :confused:

Haha you got me there I would imagine your character will very nicely enter a tbar and then go spinning into space at some crazy velocity

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

i live in maryland and can confirm that crabcakes are wildly trumped up piles of mediocrity that will leave you feeling ill and your wallet feeling light. much like crebis.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I live in Maryland and gently caress you. Crab cakes are delicious.

Hey beer your state sucks rear end. The food sucks, the people suck, the cities suck, the country sucks, the roads suck, the weather sucks, the government is corrupt and sucks. gently caress. Maryland.

I can't wait to PCS.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You have bad opinions about things.

If eating the garbage disposal of the sea is wrong then I don't want to be right.

beer i love you man and i would love to hang out with you but i think you might be the only person in all of maryland that isn't a total rear end in a top hat. this state is such an incredible shithole and ive been to 45 of 50 of em. i like new jersey more than maryland.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

It's nice to read this thread without some girl fawning over her boyfriend every fifth post.

Has anyone actually figured out who eight ace is?

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Codependent Poster posted:

That blonde girl who is in there for like 4 seconds shows better acting talent than Sandi does in over a minute.

thats pretty rough. she's not very good.

shes hot though, give her that.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Romes128 posted:

Does Ben just have like 3 shirts

That blue checkered shirt is starting to trigger me

Is Batgirl a transsexual? I'm not hating, I'm just honestly curious.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

fuctifino posted:

Google her name. She has a few articles online about when she went abroad for the op, and is quite open about it.

She seems nice, but clearly wasn't born a woman. I hope everything works out for her other than star citizen.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Does star citizen = Cleveland Browns? Minnesota Vikings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Dear anyone know how to skip to a page on the Android awful app? This thread moved too fast

• Locked thread