Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Hello best thread on the interwebs. Long time lurker, but I thought I had better not :lurkmore: soo.. as a first time poster so I thought I had better :effort: post:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The ship should be something from elite and it would be perfect

Dont have any elit ship pictures or even know their names, sorry. Give me a link and I will change it :smuggo:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

alf_pogs posted:

holy poo poo and welcome to the thread

are you an RSI refugee?

Yes, but I managed to get out a while back thanks to goons. I will type up my "RSI experience" ( :psyboom: ) for your amusement

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
So: My BDSSE story:

1. Heard about SC, had a look, it was pre Arena Commander at this point, and they had a really janky tech demo in wirefram of AC going on. I thought "Nah"
2. Then I came back to it a little later and thought OooO! Shiny! (I'm a sucker like that)
3. I did some research (not enough in hindsight) and got a Cutlass
4. This was (again in hindsight) a good thing
5. Because they treated the Cutlass owners like poo poo, that should have given me a clue... but sadly at this point my spergbrain took over and I started spending money on jpegs
6. Then Dereck hapened and through finding out who Derek was I discovered SA and started to lurk here because... drat! It's funny here!
7. Then denial kicked in... I got another (expensive) jpeg. This one however was grey market.
8. Got another clue that CIG were clowns - made a (very mildly) critical post about :lesnick: when drunk one night and the next morning some anon mod had just deleted it. This happened to me twice.
9. Was lurking here a lot by now, and thinking about getting out... then...
10. Pgabz cat hypnotized me with it's rhythmic dancing :pgabz: and I decided enough was enough and that
9. What goons & Dereck were saying was in all probability the truth
10. Demanded a refund (I work self employed in the building industry and had a bad hit from a client (didn't pay for work done) so I could legit plead poverty to CS
11. Got jerked about for a while by CS. They asked if any websites or people made me want out
12. I said it was the Chris rant to the escapist that scared me
13. They actioned the refund from, like, 4 different sources leaving me $280 down on the grey market ship
14. Learned a valuable lesson about not being a gullible idiot in future and counted my blessings that I got most of my hard earned out
15. Unexpectedly the client then paid me leaving me paypal rich so I
16. Got MGS5, Fallout 4, witcher 3, Rise of the tomb raider, and several other games cheap on steam instead of the BDSSE

TL/DR got in got out thanks Goons and Dereck :gary:

Galarox fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 11, 2016

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Ladygoons & Gentlegoons I present for your delectation direct from the stimpire:

Stimpire Crobblers

Stimpire Sandi

Stimpire Lesnick

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

OK, I won't say too much, this is a direct response to CIGs latest fetish for trying to out troll the trolls or whatever, Music is my fav so sorry if not to everyone's taste.

I present episode one of SmugBashers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVqjxEqGAq0

:laugh:

"Smug Bashers" Genius. :roflolmao:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Breaking news Citizens! It seems Captain B'Tak has been captured by the Stimpire... apparently he is going to live out his life in a pain amplifier:

edit for spelling

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is the pressure getting to Crobbles?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Incindentally, if anyone has some suggestions for classic art/paintings or anything else I can play with/CIG-ify please suggest it. I am laid up with a back injury at the mo so I have the time! :jeb:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

fuzzknot posted:

Was there a specific turning point? Derek's threats of legal action, the emails between Sandi and Beer, Bootcha's lucky escape and accompanying revelations of employee abuse, EightAce's posts, etc.? All of the above? Common sense?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Sorry for not answering sooner - was backtracking through the thread and I noticed your post. I think for me the turning point was the Sandi sacking incident + Crobblers escapist diatribe - I realised that any company run by people with that sort of attitude was in all probability gonna tank. Also Ben - just Ben being Ben. That coupled with the general and IMO inarguable logic on display here (inbetween Cattes and receipies) made me utilise my critical faculties and decide to get the gently caress out of Dodge.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Mona lisa with one of those creepy anime masks on.

CBA with anime masks... instead I present:

FIDELITY:

IMMERSION:

DREAMS:

NIGHTMARES:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Gilganixon posted:

to the stimpire with your smilies

and not one of the good stimpires either, i'm talking about the fourth one

speaking of:

The saga continues!

WHATEVER WILL BECOME OF OUR BRAVE CREW

hail the stimperium

Fantastic! :perfect:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Lol which one of you was this?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
You know, what gets me is the number of TRUE BELIEVERS that you can see are still clearly very very invested in this slow motion disaster from the (unanswered) questions. Thank god I found the Goons. And Sanity.

e. apparently Money wants to be a pirate... I feel a photoshop session coming on!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

fuzzknot posted:

I quit paying attention for a minute again, and when I came back, Money's head was out of the shot, so it looked like the guy sitting next to Money was wearing the gold pants, which was very confusing.

Oh God, somebody asked [QUESTION] What games do you play outside Star Citizen?

[ANSWER] Real ones.

:hfive: :roflolmao:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Someone else no doubt just got themselves banned:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

I only watched for a couple of minutes but I caught the bit about them wanting their fans to tone down the arguing with non-fans on "click-bait" media pieces.

Interesting they feel the toxic community of nutters is going to put new backers off, bit late to worry about it now though.

Another reason this thing is like a bloody cult is the limited vocabulary such as "click-bait" available to the loonies, they all sound the same and by "the same" I mean demented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-6rLUwawQ0&t=235s

I actually feel sorry for that Bored Gamer guy from your link - I watched a few of his vids back when I was a believer. Now however his vids are getting increasingly batshit-insane as he makes wild then wilder assumptions about what will be in the game. I hope he's ok when the inevitable crash and burn happens.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Money said he wanted to be a pirate on the latest RTV

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

They basically have no choice but to go for broke on this thing. And it's a turd.

A polished turd

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
From the Stimpire Cookbook of Pain

Excruciating agony soup (serves 6)

Ingredients:
Ground glass (not too finely ground)
Iron filings
I test tube of Ebola pathogens (available from your local grocers)
2 pints silicate based lifeform blood
1 pint carbon based lifeform blood
1/2 ounce small lego bits
4 small steel ball bearings
2 ounces caltrops
3 blatella americana

Method
Plug yourself into the kitchen pain amplifier
To a large painpan add the silicate and carbon based lifeform blood & bring to the boil
In a small painbowl mix the iron filings, lego, caltrops and ground glass with your hands
Add the mixture to the pan
Drive the steel ball bearings into your eyes one at a time then add to the soup
Drink the Ebola pathogen testube. When you begin to hemorrhage add the resultant blood and mucus to the soup
Garnish with the blatella
Serve

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
And God created PaaaaarP!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

Could you take Hands Resist Him, give the doll a sandi-face, make the boy a croberts and add $$$ to the hands behind the glass?

I reckon I could :dance:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:golfclap:
Nice touch with Dolvak there

thanqew thanqew. Dickwolf is above him too :cawg:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

He should have made this the final post in the locked and sunk Cutlass thread.

:fuzzknot: asked me about my turning point for getting the gently caress out of star citizen. I forgot to add to my explanation that it was also down to you Dusty, when I noticed while lurking here that you were a goon, Around that point your posts in the Cutlass thread became increasingly sarcastic/despairing and you were about the sanest person in that thread so you were, for me, an escape trigger too. Thanks man. :angel:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

Could you take Hands Resist Him, give the doll a sandi-face, make the boy a croberts and add $$$ to the hands behind the glass?

Not one of my better efforts: Nevertheless... The Parp Resist Him:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

here is some stimpire worthy material

Dear god! :magical: Where on earth did you find that?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Nice.

I assume American Gothic has been done?

No idea - give me a link or something to work with and I will give it a go

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Polish Avenger posted:

I swear I saw it in the goldmined thread, someone has done "Ceci n'est pas un ship" right?

That's Magritte I think

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Polish Avenger posted:

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

I was being serious - at the rate this thread moves it's nigh on impossible to keep up. If someone hasn't done american gothic or Magritte I will, OFC, take great delight in doing so. What I am really looking for though is great classic art of disasters to give my own particular slant to.

e: hence my orig post of the raft of the medusa

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Double post - or anything wierd that I can CIG Stimpire....

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

I just wanted to see what other fake qualifications she's claimed to have, as well as fake jobs etc. Just curious.

Oh for Gods sakes. More Sandi hate. Dont you shills realise that she can speak 73 languages (from since she was a little girl) including Urdu, Nahuatl, Yoruba, and Bad English? She is also a rocket scientist (retired) and a consultant brain surgeon. For goodness sakes let the woman do work at the level at which she is comfortable - ie answering CS requests from Beer.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Stupid video incoming. I lost track of getting on the player bases nerves a bit what with all the bugs and funny glitches, so I am getting back to plan A for a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmifDhOphFM

Beautiful. Love the use of the original goonshow music. Use some crun voice overs in the next one, his voice is lol.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Polish Avenger posted:

Godspeed then, I feel like I get a lot of false positive deja vu so my memory as to whether I saw it or thought of it is unreliable.

I mean it's just so perfect. He called it The Treachery of Images. Was he a prophet?

Appologies if it's been done before:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Bloody hell Mirificus, how do you not go batshit-insane trawling the brown sea like you do? We need to devise some kind of "Medal of Goon" for your efforts. It must be worse than living in the Stimpire :3:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Apologies because I'm assuming it was done before.

Have to go to sleep now, but will American gothic tomorrow - have a truly warped idea of how to do it too :a2m:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Genius as ever, laughed all the way through

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

The Stimpire reminds me of this amazing thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842
Read Kirk's posts.

And once again laughed all the way through that amazing read. I have a sneaking suspicion that Kirk graduated from the SA forums to his meisterwork of "The Legends of the Stimpire". This thread just keeps producing. :eonwe:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

I keep seeing you guys use this word soemtimes. Is it from like Buck Rogers or something

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Uncle Parp Needs YOU!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

"Fleshing" out some of the options you guys.

The rape option thing should be a slider that goes from "suprise sex" to "Stimpire"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I notice you spelled "hangar" correctly, plz fix

Ok I have to ask - how would you spell it incorrectly correctly?

• Locked thread