Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

I will sue this guy for defamation, we pirates are professionals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

there is something similar to all of these pictures

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

if you are doxxing a doxxer, does that make you a doxxer doxxer? or a doxxerer?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfgHVSvxZUA

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Karl_Ramseier posted:

If you explain to me what I should rationalize... busy reading legal documents atm.

Do you guys think pretending to be married to someone and also posting pics of the person in question is punishable by law?

like that I am married to her?

I think it is just fine

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Octopode posted:

Is your idea of a good present another unsigned lawyer letter with no chance of a lawsuit being filed?

Because if so, good news!

Is it better than a signed lawyer letter with all the "drop it or I'll sue you" rant but got no balls to follow through?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

drkeiscool posted:

So, what is the significance of this?

this is the guy who first hosed up the Cutlass, ok this is the guy who hosed up the Cutlass the second time...the first time who hosed up the Cutlass is Ben "T-Rex" Lessdick

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Skoll posted:

This isn't RSI. He regged here solely to rip on CIG and co. He's already proven that he does not make financially sound decisions in the first place re: backing SC.

Now he comes here to specifically shitpost in one thread and has the gall to tell others to lurkmore. gently caress this guy.

backing SC especially before Nov 2013 was as sound decision as it could be. things started to turn into a pile of poo poo during the week long anniversary sale that is when I found it that it is all about the JPEGS

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Karl_Ramseier posted:

That's true your neither responsible for them giving refunds, naming their ships or not closing a studio completely.

There you have it folks, Karl "Not a Space Marshal Level" Ramseier just affirmed that there is a possibility of collapse of a $90m+ project.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

no_recall posted:

Someone please make a card game from the jpegs available on the site Hearthstone style.

tia

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Amun Khonsu posted:

Id like to see proof that Sandi does indeed have 5 educational degrees and speaks 5 languages beyond being able to say , "hello", "how are you" and "taxi please".
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

lets try the laguages:

English
Australian (Aborigins)
Banu
Xi'An
Vanduul

so I guess she will be the one doing the Alien Languages for the stretch goal

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

the good thing I could say about CIG's restructuring/culling/layoffs is that good programmers/developers/artists goes to good companies

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Opal posted:

What in the world makes you think that

he is a familynamecist

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Furious Mittens posted:

The FBI is involved? So the Swedish Meatball Mafia angle might have some legs?

FBI=Federal Bureau of Images

The department tasked to check on dubious jpegs

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Ben is the exact human represention of Star Citizen's scope

Star Citizen 2012 Scope

Star Citizen 2015 Scope

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

One thing that has been confusing me is a few of you complained that So-and-So nerfed or hosed over the Cutlass. I mean most if not all of us posting here are in agreement that SC isn't going to come out, so the relative value of a particular .jpeg spaceship is just as much an illusion as everything else.

I would :gary: if one of the vets can explain this gripe, and why it keeps being brought up in light of all the other issues that imo make it academic.

back then in 2012 there was around there were only 5 ships being sold with package in the Kickstarter days one of those ship is the Cutlass that is supposed to be a pirate ship with unparalleled maneuverability and ostensibly have a cargo space in it.

months have passed and years from that maneuverable fighter ship with a bit of cargo it became a cargo ship with a bit of fighting. CIG or should I say Ben did not stop there in loving up the Cutlass, he introduced the two glorious variants which is the Red which was totally castrated of any fighting chance because it is supposed to be an ambulance ship wherein with the same logic their haulers are armed to the teeth. so we move on to the other variant which is Blue, this one is in every way better than the black. you want to ask why? because it is $50 more than the Black(original Cutlass) so they need to buffed it up and make it a police ship.

tl;dr

from fighting ship with a bit of cargo now it is a cargo ship with a bit of fighting

and CIG said this is the intention of the ship all the time.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

are those fake nails?

or her nails is just so fugly?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

this is the proper way to do crowdfunding

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Jegan Ace posted:

I might be 100 bux into the Croberts scam, but at least I'm not 610,000 bux into the scam.

Keep fighting the good fight.

well $100 is I would say a good amount spent with all these entertainments we see now. for a $100 you get to see how a CEO of a company rant like a bullied nerd with all that "I will sue you(I'm gonna tell mom)" threats

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Gwaihir posted:

Ahem that is obviously not an Alpina model as it lacks their trademark 20 thin spoke wheels
:goonsay:

well that is the base model you need to pay $150 more to get that 20 think spoke wheels variant

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Gwaihir posted:

Add a couple zeroes then we'll be talking.

I thought we are talking JPEGs not real cars.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Gwaihir posted:

I was! If it was the real car you'd have to add yet another zero!

this is the price we get for putting lifetime insurance on pixels

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AP posted:

Bootcha until you get your money back, don't be tricked into doing anything that CIG might attempt to use as justification for keeping it, they are quite good at that. You can safely ignore Karl/Raess2009 as he's pretending he's not Raess2014, who are both auditors, obsessed with goons, they go to extreme lengths to defend Star Citizen and were born in Germany in same year, in the same month on the same day.

Karl has been lying throughout his time here and there should be no requirement on your part to provide more detail on what's going on with your money, considering he's been lying about his.

every time I see the word Karl Ramseier this picture always pops up

becareful Bootcha coz maybe the SS are into you.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

looks like Gestapo/SS Karl is at it again lol

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AP posted:

Yeah pretty much, still it's a good effort post of all of it together and it's not really aimed at people following this thread. It's the reaction to it that should be interesting to watch, I expect the Karls aren't going to pleased.

Yes although it was a good read it is just like arena commander to us... Nothing new

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Lots of cats but no blog?

I bet the name of that mutt is Karl

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Mukip posted:

The Cutlass Purple includes a reception area, private recreational room and secure prisoner chamber. Take female players captive and earn credits. It's just a fact of life.

gently caress you don't touch my already molested Cutlass! leave her be!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

http://imgur.com/pOubzw4

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

LCL-Dead posted:

Blog blocked at work. :(

need to find another work!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

BastionPete posted:

Well, I lost access to my old account from 2007, so I thought I'd make myself a brand spanking new one to contribute to this discussion. I even bought premium so I could be privy to all the SuperSecretTM stuff going on.

Turns out that was a minor mistake, frikkin loled hard when I realised

You need a Platinum Upgrade to view this link.

As my first post in this thread, I'll try and keep it from being a complete shitpost.

Anyway, I'll give you some context of me. I'm about $60 deep in Star Citizen, backed in 2012 at the funding launch, and installed the game once every six months or so just to see what progress there is. There has been significantly less than I had hoped tbh. I saw this thread on Reddit where I am a semi active user. Anyway, while I appreciate some of the arguments for the game never being released, it does feel like one mighty echochamber in here.

My take on some of controversies surrounding SC.

On crazy obsessive/harassing WhiteKnight StarCitizens
Well, you have a community of 700K where the occasional individual is in for $20k. Yes they are dicks and I don't condone any of their actions. However, they do not reflect the wider starcitizen community. Personally I think they are insane for spending that much money on a videogame. Whatever, they are a few bad apples. I feel sorry for Derek that he has to put up with their harassment.

On never ending delays and how the project is being run.
This is one of my biggest frustrations with SC. The actual content being released (ArenaCommander/HangarModule/Planetside) is only a small part of what is needed for the finished game, and yet so much resources seem to be poured into them. Whole critical parts of the game, such as the databasing needed for persistence etc. not currently in development. While this is annoying, I don't think it's necessarily an indication of a project that's about to fail. Just poor project management. Also, I know very little about large scale game development and where developers spend most of their time. I agree that the project has been poorly managed in the past, as is shown by our current lack of a game. That said, just because there have been poor management decisions in the past, does not mean that the current development strategy is stupid, or that CIG are unable to produce a completed game. The current drive to make AC2.0 a platform to build out the rest of the PU game mechanics seems sensible enough to me.

Problems in one studio mean problems in all studios
There are currently four SC studios so far as I can tell. Santa Monica, Austin, ManchesterUK, and FrankfurtDE. Austin seems to be downsizing. Manchester and Frankfurt seem to be growing. For some reason this is painted here as a reason for CIG being in trouble. Some people have complained of toxic work environments, but they seem to be fairly limited to Austin, and maybe a bit in Santa Monica. Manchester and Frankfurt seem to be chugging along fine, and really helping to get the game moved along. The imminent release of AC2.0 is probably their doing. The fact that they are growing, I think, is a good sign for the project as a whole.

Money problems leading to the project shutting down
There is no evidence of this at all. Star Citizen raised $4.2m last month. Even if this was a one off, it still shows that the project has a huge number of people willing to spend money on it. The project has 700K preorders on the books, and a very generous community. If they need extra credit (and I don't hear any evidence beyond unfounded rumour) then I have zero doubt that investors will be lining up to get a piece of the action. Even before crowdfunding started, CR only needed to raise about $4m to get his investors interested and secure about $15m dollars in funding. I bet they'd be interested now.
Secondly, there is the unfounded number of $3m dollars being spent per month. Derek claimed with AbsoluteCertaintyTM that the company only had $8m dollars left and would be shutting down imminently. This is all BS. At the time of the claim, they had raised about $90m I think. (90-8)/3=27months of funding. Which is 2.33 (recurring of course) years of funding at that expenditure rate. Considering we're three years in now and there is now way whatsoever that CIG were spending that amount for even the first year and a half of operation, there is a very good chance that CIG still has a reasonable amount tucked away.

On Sandi
This is the biggest joke of the lot. There is a lot of 'evidence' thrown about on topics that really don't matter. Who gives a gently caress if she is married to CR, or is a jerk, or doesn't have a marketing degree. She oversaw a marketing strategy that has raised $94m which is all that matters. That was her job. If she hadn't done that then we would be right to start the criticisms, but that's clearly not the the case. Cries of nepotism are stupid. She wasn't appointed when the company was a multimillion dollar project, she was appointed at inception. If the director of marketing was just a random person (with a marketing degree) who raised $93m, and then they were fired and replaced with Sandi, then shout nepotism all you like. He using company property and time for personal projects is an unknown for me. They don't seem too credible and seem to be clutching at straws.

SC subreddit imgur posts getting bombed
The idea that this was a 'friendly fire' incident doesn't really hold any water IMO. The fact that every image without exception got taken down, leads me to believe that it was a deliberate attack. There were plenty of really obscure images taken down that were posted years ago that weren't originally posted in this thread. I say originally because after the news broke, some then started posting more links here to images to try and get them taken down by proxy. I could be wrong on this one, but I really don't think so.

Derek's claims in general, and refunds
Some of them have turned out to be true - Austin downsizing, a few perople quitting, maybe a couple of other things, but a lot of his claims seem to be unfounded beyond his mysterious sources. I dunno, maybe he is telling the truth, but he really doesn't come across as the most trustworthy/stable of guys. If all this drama had been raised by a more reputable character, I might have considered refunding, as it stands, Derek claiming something doesn't really worry me and I'll be keeping my game package till something a bit more concrete comes up.

I call that BastionPete is Krazy Karl

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Once a gestapo always a gestapo BastioKarl

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

list of mafia products

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ojxR84DJlX9i7Zu0ZrYkWPhKQUYIcK5bx5Ia8fQgimY/edit?pli=1#gid=1395346264

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Toops posted:

New offices are looking great you guys! Should be ready to mocap Chris's neckfat in :gary: PAARRP! PAARRP! weeks!

All aboard the HYPE TRAIN :gary: PAAAARRRP PAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPPP!!!!

WTF is this poo poo!? I am sure backers (most of them) did not pledge to JPEGs just for CIG to play SIMS 4.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

the look on your face when you finally finished the task you have been doing for a month now

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Jethro_E7 posted:

Your leaving will be a devastating loss to Cutlass owners in particular.
Don't forget to leave a kind parting message, will you?

I don't know about the Cutlass, it was the only ship that mattered to me.

I think it might be beyond help now.

it has been passed on to too many artist/designers/community managers that anyone touches it losses their job.

Patrick Thomas - the first one who molested the Cutlass
3rd party company - created those hobbits cell with
James Pugh - touched the Cutlass
UK - ......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So is Lesnick the last true believer buddy from the old days?

I bet if chris will say, leave your wife. ben will without question follow that command

• Locked thread