Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AP posted:

I too think it's a smart move, continuing with the pc development is the mistake.

I see what you did there, indeed it is a Smart move!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

TheAgent posted:

hey since its halloween I'm gunna post some spooky leaks not everyone knows about

• Did you know that if you watch the new AtV's closely, you can spot the ghost of Ben Lesnick? Some say his presence still haunts the popular TV show, which accounts for Sandi's often distracted and off-putting camera demeanor.
  • The CIG offices are haunted by the ghosts of Bill and Fred Nombo, brothers from the 1950s. Huge in the burgeoning real estate boom of early-developed Santa Monica, greed soon came between the twins who killed each other in a very gruesome manner. Pretty hard to concentrate on your refactoring pipeline when Fred Nombo is hovering around! This haunting is 100% the reason why SQ42 is delayed -- did you really think a programmer "fell off his bike" and broke his wrists? Nope, the Nombo twins pushed him down a flight of stairs!
  • Scary sounds can be heard from the offices at all manner of hours. Even at two or three o'clock in the morning, while the entire staff is still hard at work, low moans and grumbles echo down the halls.
  • Chris refuses to come into the office before noon and anytime after 3pm. Rumor has it the ghosts are less active during this time, so Chris feels a lot safer.
  • Wingman and other lead developers didn't quit because they wanted to...the ghosts drove them out! Developers at CIG complain of a cold presence in the building and even that their every move is being watched.

stay safe this halloween guys!

Not a good ghost story without Freddie Krueger Smart in the story

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yeah more or less.

Wait why are you still able to post? I thought you are in prison?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

orcinus posted:

Garlic is the evil of this world.
Don't put garlic in your food.
Garlic is not food.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

The Titanic posted:

Looks like Sandi believes once the game is out, it will literally be everything promised and people will buy ships left and right for hundreds of dollars because they want to skip playing the game.

I think she is blissfully unaware that there is no way it will be, and the more if the game that actually comes out is exposed, the less it's going to look like the fabricated bullshit they wrote 10 page essays of the mechanics for.

Star Citizen is going to kill Star Citizens revenue stream.

Sq42 will kill Star Citizens revenue stream as well. Nobody is paying hundreds of dollars so they can endure a Chris Roberts movie. They want to be Captain Reynolds.

But that would require somebody at CIG to understand their own audience, and the marketing department seems more interested in hurting people and lying than it does in seeing how they can properly maneuver their manpower to maximize profits.

Sq42 is not the profit maximization unit. It's the sinker you want to add to Star Citizen as an expansion pack, or extra missions pack. Their focus is broken, but it's ok. It'll just make everything more exciting as time goes.

the possibility of SC coming out with all the promises is in the same possibility of Ben seeing his dick again

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

thanks for the money spergs

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

The Titanic posted:

This looks like hideously expensive Halloween costumes.

I'm sure the backers are glad if it. Images of Roberts power coding at 3am dance in their heads.

Surely he is a good patron of their hard earned disability checks. :homebrew:

they look like more of a retarded conjoined twin

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Thoatse posted:

He did build a rather large shed over his tool.

Ben sized people either pay a lot of money for a special scale, estimate their weight based on size (my fat as gently caress friend used this method), or weigh themselves like an airplane meaning one foot on each on a separate scale and adding the two together because normal scales only go up to 300lbs.

This still makes me laugh but then again I'm easily amused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Wd-Q3F8KM

he uses a weighbridge

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

this week's update: 2.6? what 2.6? I don't know anything about 2.6...ohhh te-varin yeah we got updates..we will have a ship sale soon!!

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 1, 2016

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Propagandist posted:

Have they actually designed the ship yet or are they making citizens both design it and pay for it like the predator

these are some of the entries lol

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

meanwhile in Mass Effect universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPkv7DmeM1A

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 1, 2016

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Female avatars coming any day now...

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Says content unavailable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPkv7DmeM1A

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Upto the third album these were extremely my poo poo, I saw them live like 5 times, sometimes supporting other bands. First time I saw them there were only about 400 people there, but it was a great gig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbqeO3S1fOk

a song made for malifecent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DjpNgrocKo

but in lyrics term this is more like her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEUWx4LA7jU

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 2, 2016

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

crobits must have not known that if you try to hide you big belly by ihaling during picture taking it will just go up to your neck

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

TheAgent posted:

here's the problem

CIG has to push out a new patch before years end. this cannot be 2.6 (with FPS mechanics) or 3.0 or anything star marine related because its so loving broken
  • their current matchmaking breaks every drat thing on the server
  • it also breaks your client when two people try and use cover at the same time
  • half the time you still respawn inside your bunk during a match
  • the new arena FPS maps are still buggy as hell (clipping, wall walking, etc) and have to get redone
  • the replacement arena maps are areas that have been wholly lifted from current areas, like grimhex
  • roberts doesn't want "maps" but entire seamless areas ("Shoot in the same universe you can fly in.")
  • this is not so good for the servers or players in ships flying around outside the hostile zone (which is why the arena style maps are still being worked on)
  • the team is confused on what exactly they are putting together and what roberts wants to release
  • there's a separate module for SM but roberts wants it folded into the universe
  • lag is bad, really loving bad, even with less than a dozen players
  • the instance network code is six months to a year out for rudimentary matches (24 to 36 players, small arena type maps, etc)
  • a year+ out for higher matches (multiple areas, surface to air combat, 50+ players etc)
  • the much touted "local physics grids" don't work for poo poo with FPS stuffs

they are discussing prepping the flight model changes and releasing that as 2.6 instead, with star marine being totally folded into 3.0. but this is a big problem, because chris said star marine is weeks away back in september

they are kinda hosed either way so I'm really interested to see what they do. if they really do end up pushing out 2.6 with star marine in its current state, I don't think the game will survive. its like, not playable. you can only wave your hands around and say alpha so many times before people start figuring out this is the game they just paid $2500 to play

current standing at the office is there will be no more numbered releases until 3.0 in late 2017/2018, after the sq42 prelude/episode 1 is released. I posted that awhile back but it's looking more and more like 2.5 will be the last patch for SC for quite awhile

don't underestimate the sperg, they are the sperg , they will accept anything crobits will throw at them and appreciate it for they are the sperg

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Star Citizen body suits on sale yet?

he fit in a loving condom? LOL

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Clearly. Neither does Chris Roberts apparently.

Chris invented/founded the word "Open Development" wherein goals are dynamic, development started DATE-30 and all is fine

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Ben had better get smart and cash in on his "fame" right now.

Because when Star Citizen fades away over the next couple of years he's going to have a hard time taking care of himself on ss checks.

Now that he's raised enough money to buy the boxes of garbage (- 1 :smuggo:), surely he needs a small salary to do all the work of archiving. Right? Sure buddy.

Star Citizen will not fade away. Very far from it.

It will implode then explode in a majestic sperg tactics way possible.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm waiting for SQ42 in 2017. If it doesn't drop and if we don't see a solid vertical slice alpha by summer of 2017, I'll consider things DAIRY.

FTFY

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Eldragon posted:

Not every video... she just needs the proper motivation... or should I say stimulation.

bring out those wands!!!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

6200 bitches!!!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Star Citizen's current Shituation

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 4, 2016

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AP posted:

Somebody noticed they are selling two different ships as "the fastest"

Easy explanation, Chris Roberts says one is the fastest in game and Sandi Gardiner says one is the fastest seller.

I'm the store page with items you're "Allowed" to buy with store credit and items you aren't.

Steep discounts! Buy now, cash only.

if the picture above still does not scream SCAM - we need moar money! please buy kinda move then I don't know what else those spergs need to witness

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

TheAgent posted:

there's actually a clip where roberts says SC screensaver will run on AMDs onboard graphics

lol

FTFY now it is more believable

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Roberts need to hire Ryan Archer again and put SC logos on every CoD:IW map

then they can show it to the spergs as a sneak peek

space panda

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

Star Citizen: Even Eve Online has more pleasing space than this game.

Also MoMA if you think 2.6 is out by the end of the year, does that mean whatever piping hot tripe they label 2.6, or the actual promised by Roberts Himself, 2.6?

Inquiring minds want to know!

CIG will always be CIG's worst enemy.

they will release 2.6 to the evocatti and let it simmer there for many months and if people are to ask if they had released 2.6 in 2016 they can answer YES

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

don't you dare defy the authoritah of MoMA you sperg

one sperg is not happy about the cash-only sale

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/354105/individual-sc-ships-now-officially-available-at-discounted-prices#latest

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 5, 2016

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Spergs are feeling a broken snowflake now from being a special snowflake

move to concern tards!

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 5, 2016

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Lol.

The sad part is people are still defending CIG's actions vis-à-vis the Khartu-Al

defending like this--> A mental gymnastic of a Jedi

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AP posted:

Scythe (vanduul alien ship) & Idris M (corvette) they promised not to sell again during the kickstarter. Military grade ships they promised not to sell like the Hornet F7A.

Since then they sold one or two new vanduul ships (we didn't say we wouldn't sell any other vanduul ships), Sold Idris P (It's not an Idris M though you'll be able to change it into one). Idris then became a frigate, recent Polaris is the new corvette which they sold. Superhornet was the new hornet they sold, "better" than the Hornet F7A they said they'd never sell. Vanguard was a combat fighter/bomber thing with military grade equipment they did sell, one of their best sales so they sold it twice with variants.

Funding tricks still left in the bag that will be a sign of the need for a quick buck despite resulting fuss, the F8 lightning, the better replacement combat ship for the Hornet F7A, not sold so far. Javelin $2500 weapons stripped, only sold once so far. 890 Jump $600 luxury space yacht that comes with sauna & a x85 little ship, only sold once so far, they might sell the x85 individually with LTI. Another vanduul or some new alien must have ship. Also the Phoenix, sold twice already but has a hot tub, hot seller.

I dont think the 890 Jump have the Sauna only that BangBus ship called Phoenix have it and dont worry the Crobits Gravity generator will never spill the water in it!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

orcinus posted:

How is that weird, though?

That community is completely based on feelings of superiority, proving themselves right and better than the ”outside world” (i.e. unwashed masses), and being the ”in-crowd” that's ”besties” with the developers.

That discount ship sends a message to them, and the message is: ”you're not special, you're a customer”.

And, suddenly, one of the cornerstones of a successful cult - crumbles.

I remember an Empty(no ships) Golden Ticket account would sell around $300-$500 depending on the citizen# lol

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

orcinus posted:

He never gave a gently caress.
The only things Ben cares about are food, Wing Commander, and bullying.

you missed the most important thing that blasted slime ballsack cared his entire penis life

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Isn't Fuzzy Modem in jail?

Fuzzy is the Sauron of pedophiles.....his earthly body might not be around but his pedo presence still lingers

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Here's an interview with Ben Lesnick from two weeks ago (I guess he does still work for CIG).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPzNkuE_VsU

Ben talks about how Chris wanted to set up the offices like an actual star ship?!?! He says they have their own commissary? Holy crap. No wonder they have that dumb door and even dumber furniture.

BEN, STOP DRINKING LIQUID SUGAR SYRUP!

Saturn has rings

Ben has rings too

such massive matters

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

I haven't played in a month. When I played last, I griefed five ships at grim hex, got my wanted ranking up and camped Kareah until I got bored.

those words...those words are B'Tak's words

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SQ42 movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzdta7MXCtQ

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

He doesn't blink once in their clip.

coz in space you eyes don't dry up newb!

- chris roberts, the dreamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

still a lot of spergs pouring in cash! lol

• Locked thread