Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Eonwe posted:

its going to be awesome when Ben gets fired by his idol

hopefully it will bring about a bit of self awareness, but probably not

At this point, as sad as it is to say, nothing short of a total shutdown of production would wake them up. Even then you'd still have hanger ons. Just look at the never be game over folks regarding Metal Gear. Even after Kojima has left Konami they're holding on. Some people just can't let a dream die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Chalks posted:

That's a really good read - I've not heard of the site before, anyone know how popular it is?

Well as a co-creator and writer of the site let me tell you: not that popular. Lol. We just do it because it's something we love, gaming, comics, board games, etc.

We made enemies (I guess you could say) of the cultists awhile back as we call it how we see it and they don't like that. V wrote an amazing tear down of the infamous letter and I was writing a series in the history of the game, but after getting restlessly poo poo on I took a step back. Just quit giving a poo poo about the whole SC thing for a bit - hence the lack of post here. Today that changed.

We're not journalist. We're opinionated as gently caress and we just talk about what we want. Some like it, some don't. More importantly we answer to no one but ourselves. And we have no qualms about passing some people off with the truth.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 19, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Jon Do posted:

looking forward to more amazing teardowns

Well thank you. We also did a podcast awhile back, appropriately entitled Losers, where we drunkenly express our "love" for all things star citizen. Though not sure how relevant it is now with 2.0 finally creeping it's way out of Sandis sludge box.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What I have read has been of general high quality, so please continue. One thing she forgot to mention (or may not know) is that CIG never says how many backers they actually have. They say how many accounts are on RSI, and they say how many ships are bought, but not how many people have actually paid to back SC.

Thank you, sincerely. Usually were being called talentless assclowns or something similarly unoriginal. I'm not sure if she knows that or not actually. I think she's editing it right now to make sure it reflects that reality. So thank you for that info.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 19, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Schizotek posted:

So is there a some sort of effort post that explains everything about the Star Citizen situation? Was never a backer or followed the game and have only heard a steady ramping up of oneoff comments from people about the situation. The OP doesn't actually explain much.

I don't really ever post my own poo poo, but here's an article I wrote awhile back about the start of the game, Chris Roberts, and where it was going if this helps: http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/09/29/star-citizen-a-war-in-space-currently-being-wage-across-the-internet/

Also this, the pt 2: http://www.informationredux.com/ind...e-conversation/

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Loxbourne posted:

Allow me to also offer you and your co-writer praise on a fun and informative site. If you want followup articles, perhaps track the progress of PGabz's refund request...

This is actually a really good idea. I mean for those that haven't bought into the game it would be nice to show them what efforts must be taken, and where they will lead, should one invest and then decide to pull out. I imagine there are plenty of people out there that are weary of getting involved due to the possibility of not being able to get a refund should things go south. Also it would just be drat hilarious to post their increasingly "gently caress you" responses regarding refunds.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

G0RF posted:

I think Ben has proven far too loyal a lapdog, and far too shameless a Chris Roberts worshipper, to ever, ever be fired by Chris or Sandi. We are dealing with pathological narcissists here.

It would be impossible to find another human being on the planet who knows as much and cares as much about Chris' past glories (real and imagined) as Ben-- and though neither Chris nor Sandi respect Ben as a peer, they see him as invaluable as a suck-up. They know he can be counted upon to fulfill the sacred vow asked of all Star Citizens, to be "faithful until death".

Ben will sooner be sidelined by a stress-and-calorie induced heart attack working at CIG than let go by Chris or Sandi. I think this is a real possibility and I for one would consider that a pretty sad outcome. I know Ben is despised by some for his complicity and mocked by many for his enormity, and he deserves it for the former, but I still have it in me to feel a little sorry for him. I think he's wielded what little power he has by essentially stamping out dissent in accordance with Chris and Sandi's wishes-- and that's pretty drat crappy of him. But he seems like he was a decent guy at some point before the moment he met Chris and Sandi at the crossroads and made a Faustian bargain.

I can't lie Ben getting fired by Chris would be hilarious on it's own level, but I do agree that it's just all kinda sad. I mean you look at this man that has clearly just given up. I think we all know why, that job has to be soul crushing no matter who you are. But Ben made his bed, so he lies in it - a bed of cheeto dust, coke stains, and urine. I mean when you reach the point of not being able to wipe your rear end and you keep going and your a dick head of a community manager as well?

Maybe there's still hope for Ben, but I doubt it.

He'll just come into the office one day, stare into the lifeless eyes that are Sandi's black pits of despair, and just start eating cheeseburgers and no matter what happens he won't stop. Just eating, shoveling more and more into his mouth, till he just kinda stops and it's all over. All the bitching, the arguing, the feeding of Sandi and Chris' egos, it will all just be over. Nothing left but that big Frito Cheese Pie in the sky. And the sad thing is, Ben will be the lucky one in that situation.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You're a good person.

OH reddit. You never cease to amaze.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Well the cultists sure are pissed off today. Figured they'd still be riding that news van high.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Just the comments at the bottom of the article. They have been arguing among themselves for a bit now. I wonder if they know that going to an article about their community being toxic and writing toxic comments only goes on to prove the point? Honestly are they that self aware?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Tippis posted:

What are they angry about?
I know you tried to bring it up before and it got drowned out by silliness.

Just something my wonderful partner in crime wrote up earlier about the community surrounding Star Citizen. I don't like posting links to our site generally, as it seems a bi pretentious, but here you go: http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/

Also the comments are worth a laugh.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

My favorite comment so far.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Always wanted to be a journalist, glad to know that this was all it took.

And Steve Bently clearly keeps his poo poo real

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

You were so owned when he used an adblocker.

I'm still trying to figure out the monetary ramification of that move. I don't know how I'm going to afford my rent let alone keep the site up now. drat him and his dirty ad blocking software!

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I clicked one of your ads twice to teach that motherfucker a lesson

This made me legitly lol.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

This guy just keeps on giving.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Oh believe me I have sadly come to the conclusion on that answer long ago. But there's still that hope i have that maybe, just maybe at least one of them will start to become self conscious. I know, I know, it's a lofty goal. But you have to dream right?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Last but not least. Snazzy Turtle clearly has some things to say. Ironically I have pondered this very same thing about the cultist and their insane ramblings.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Dream of how much attention your website is getting. Dream of all those idiots proving your point and bringing even more validity to Vanessa's argument with every post. Those are the dreams you should have.

When you're right. You're right.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Ravane posted:

The Year 2019:

Sandi divorces Chris to get half the backer money and leaves. In order to avoid the backer's unrest, Chris gets a sex change and pulls a Caitlyn Jenner "Call me Christine!" He garners the attention of SJWs on Tumblr, so when the whales come knocking, a war between tumblr and shitizens breaks out and the word gamergate is thrown around without anyone really understanding what it means. And everyone forgets about Christine Roberts and Star Shitizen, because the new expansion releases for Elite, Elite: Citizen Star, and everyone is pondering the meaning of Paaaarpbud.

I'm willing to bet that the papers that Sandi had Chris sign on the live stream were the divorce papers themselves. She's a crafty one. She knows the ship is sinking so she's lining up that exit plan while she still can.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 20, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Just saw this. Believe V may be editing the piece to once again. That's some slimy poo poo too.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

D_Smart posted:

What I have read has been of general high quality, so please continue. One thing she forgot to mention (or may not know) is that CIG never says how many backers they actually have. They say how many accounts are on RSI, and they say how many ships are bought, but not how many people have actually paid to back SC.

Also, when they decide to "out" me a customer, back in July, first by Sandi issuing a press release (!), then Ben posting about it on the forums, I warned that this was going to be the Status Quo. Here we are.
[/quote]

Yeah, it''s been going downhill for awhile now. Hell our second piece about Star Citizen was about the rising vitriol in the community.

I had hoped with the release of 2.0 it would have died off a little bit, as they would be somewhat content sitting smugly with their half working "alpha" in hand. But shockingly here we are again, with them just keeping on being the shitizens we've all come to know and love. Say what you will about them, but at least their loving consistent.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 20, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Mirificus posted:

From the The Star Citizen Community is Souring the Game. comments.

Who is Manze and why do Star Citizens bring them up so much?

I had actually not seen these yet today; this is just glorious. If they only knew the laughs we get out of reading these. We're really just proud that we're now "journalist". We tried really hard for that.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

I don't even have words. Going to the comment section just warms me all over.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Well poo poo. Looks like we'll have a future in washing Dereks windows. I know it's not where I saw my future, but sometimes you have to play the hand your dealt. I'm not providing the goddamn Windex though. That's on you Derek.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

The Marauder posted:

I don't want to build a game, I want to build a pyramid.

Is it a pyramid though? Or is it a reverse funnel system?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Tippis posted:

Weeeeell. If you had been out of the gaming loop for a decade and a half and now want to get back to making a movie movie… I mean moooo– game, wouldn't you pick the engine that offers the best VFX graphics for your movie game, just on a hunch?

This is honestly a really good point. It's clear Roberts is only interested in the movie aspects of his "game" . Wouldn't be shocked if SQ42 didn't end up being nothing more then a FMV version of a tell tale game. Fitted with random FPS flying/pew pew game play moments.

SQ42 - The Hunt For Gary Oldman. . Cause you know he isn't getting any more then 6 minutes of screen time.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

InfoRedux is working on a story. Or something.

Yeah, that's not us. We haven't messaged anyone about it. We've gotten emails from people, but neither of us have reached out to anyone directly. So not sure where that's coming from.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

Smells like the works of a nazi accountant named Krazy Karl, so beware!

I'll make sure to avoid anyone with a tiny moustache doing goose steps and offering to do my taxes. Thanks for the heads up!

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Well I sure am glad we gave them another place to air their grievances.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Star Citizen is online only I thought?

It is but they claim they will have a working pvp/pve slider so they can choose their level of immersion. Because you know of nothing is more immersion breaking then having to interact with real people.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

So I can't shake this feeling that Sandi will be the love interest of SQ42, so that citizens the world over can live out their fantasies of being with a space shrew.

That and the level of writing will amount to scenes of Mark Hamill character saying things like "We have to FORCE the door open." As Croberts directs him to smile and wink at the camera. "I awoke from a dream of walking across the sky."

"He was once a Freelancing Privater. I heard he also commanded a wing against the Vanduuls".

Just a whole bunch of horribly cringe worthy dialog all filled with nods to their past poo poo for the fans.

And Croberts will deem this ALL Oscar worthy.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 21, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The word 'Verse will be used even though Dave Haddock hates it. You will here an A-list actor say "Tali" in a dead serious tone.

"GET TO THE TALI!"

"we've got a whole lot of problems out in the verse with the Vanduuls. Someone get me Maverick and Merlin, and goddammit someone find me Iceman! "

Cause you know of Robert's is a huge top gun fan. Man loves" playing with the boys". . There will probably even be a space volleyball scene all about team building.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 21, 2015

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

bumbles posted:

This one is so cute.

can we keep him please can we keep him can we can we?

OH poo poo! I'm being watched. And yeah, we can keep him. He's adorable.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

To any and all Star Citizen fans that may come here to read what we or anyone else may write we have this to say: We welcome you.

We welcome your comments on our page letting us know how terrible we are, or how unprofessional we are, or how much we lack journalistic integrity, etc. We read all of these comments and we take them all to heart. As all we have ever done is aim to make you happy and content in your purchase of the BDSSE.

If we have in any way offended any of you, on behalf of Vanessa and myself, we apologize. We didn't mean to upset you. We never knew you would react with such vitriol. We thought that you would open your arms and accept us into the fold lovingly.

So from this point further we can promise you we will only write full pieces for SC. We will detail how amazing 2.0 is. How the from "Pupil to Planet" video is in no way generated in engine, but totally real time gameplay. We will discuss how no other game developer even comes close to Chris Roberts obvious genius. We will gladly post numerous pictures of Sandi draped in nothing but a flag for you to fawn over. From this point forward we will embrace everything that you are, and give it back to you 10 fold. We love you Star Citizen fans. We always have and always will.

With that being said, we would like to extend out to you this offer, we are now crowdfuding our very own search for an editor! It's clear that you disposable income, and we would be very happy if you could find some way to extend some of those funds our way. This will ensure that any and all future post are strictly pro Star Citizen, and that nothing inflamitory can slip through the cracks. More so this will ensure that our journalistic integrity is up to your very rigorous standards.

We will be accepting donations in any form of payment you wish to send, and we promise you that any and all funds will go completely towards finding an editor*. We expect this process to be completed around the end of 2016 and we are aiming for a new launch date for our site of Dec 2016 with full editorial control and mandates enforced from then on out.

If you would like to assist in funding this campaign please contact us directly at info@informationredux.com

We're aiming for someone like this.

*Some funds may go towards the purchase of new housing, as well as craft services, and a never ending supply of Dunkin Donuts. Funds will be refundable within the first 14 days of donation, though only a proceed may be refunded back to you. Fund may also be allocated to hire a "well known" and "respected" community manager as well as used to bring on friends and family as contributors, please disregard any perceived nepotism as we can ensure that this is simply what's best for both the site and you the viewer of such. Please be aware that the TOS for the "Crowd Fund an Editor Campaign" is subject to change at any time and any acceptance of such is a show of good faith on your end to obey by such rules as set forth by informationredux.com.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

I love that Vanessa and I are apparently puppets for Derek. That's funny, I don't see strings coming out of my rear end. Also, last I checked the majority of what we write is NON Star Citizen related. Guess they just conveniently ignore all of that though.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Mirificus posted:

I told you it would be glorious :)

It has been far more than glorious. It's been magnificent. I just found one of them has apparently been watching me on Twitter, via posting quotes from my tweets. These people...(and I know you guys are reading this. Good. Good for you.)

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

comatose posted:

Got my refund denied yesterday with the standard response. Sent them an email back saying that it was an unacceptable response blah blah blah. They responded very quickly say that it can't be done because its outside of the grace period and they only do them now on a discretionary basis. Charge back time.

Man this really does seem to be the norm lately.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Bait and Swatch posted:

She hides any doubt well enough, but the frustration is quite evident during the constant barrage of bugs that she has to deal with. The game crashes, then the ship spawns weird, then it shoots her out into space, then it fucks landing, then she's blocked in, then her ship blows up while she's in the space station she traveled to, then she remarks a few times that it was her second attempt to film that space station because of crashing the day prior, then she tries to read the journal entries she traveled there to see and they only said "text goes here" for two of the three. It's just a absolute clusterfuck for the entire video.

Whew. Back to poo poo posting

I love how she is enamored with the Pupil to Planet video. Honestly, that video was not mind blowing in any way. Yeah, it looked good for an in engine video - at least until you look closely at it. No one has ever said Star Citizen isn't a visibly pleasing game, but all the fidelity doesn't mean a thing when the game won't run or is filled with the same old same old go here and get this then bring it back fetch quest it seems to have so far.

So many people putting their hopes and dreams into this game like it will have everything they want in every way. That's just not possible. There's going to be a lot of very disappointed people if and when this fully launches. I just hope someone has the foresight to hop into their space news van and capture all the pain on space video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Mirificus posted:

The Information Redux article has been a great honeypot for attracting terrible people.

Well we aim to please.

• Locked thread