Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

This thread is so good, I registered even though the paywall isn't up.

Also,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

D_Smart posted:

It's messed up.

For one thing; the fact that they need more than one flight model, instead of using data parameters passed to a primary one in order to make the ships handle differently, cater to different play styles etc is telling.

So now they're going to have to deal with bugs, issues, tweaks etc in all these flight models. More distractions, downtime, ire etc. I swear sometimes I have to wonder wtf is going on over there.

:psyduck: What. So, basically, the laws of physics change depending on what ship you're in?

:gary: FIDELITY

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Karl_Ramseier posted:

And I strongly hope they don't have millions just lying around. That's just how a failed developer thinks a company should handle their finances.

lol

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Kakarot posted:

lol looks like someone is mad about new people joining for a non existent game.

Wow, that was fast. I always thought getting an av would be harder than this.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Karl_Ramseier posted:

That's true your neither responsible for them giving refunds, naming their ships or not closing a studio completely.

:gary:POTATO

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

skit herre posted:

I'll buy a new Av or Plat for the first goon to turn this into a nice looking :gary:

:toxx:

Plat pls

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

skit herre posted:

Good job. Apparently I need the e-mail address your account is registered with for that though.

Ehhh, I don't really want to post that in this thread. Can you send a gift certificate to [redacted] ?

BMan fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 2, 2015

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Cheers :)

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

What the hell is a "bulb fasclas" :confuoot:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Justin Godscock posted:

It's a wonder that more fraudsters haven't tried to bleed-out gamers given how loving ridiuclously moronically OBTUSE they are when a scam is screaming in their face. I mean, they used to rely on old people for this but having a segment of the population that never went outside or talked to people enough in their formative years thus never learne how to sniff out a liar is like a dream for them.

Well there's Illfonic's upcoming game Revival, with its several hundred dollar player housing. They learned from the best.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Sardonik posted:

I don't think enough has been said about how screwed up the refund situation is and how bad a sign it is that the refunds are coming from multiple entities now for a single refund transaction. Proper accounting does not work that way, there is no reason for doing poo poo like this unless you're going out of your way to conceal your financial position. I firmly believe CIG will crash hard, and they will crash next year.

I wonder if some people's pledges could be classified as deposits, might be able to get slightly more money in the inevitable chapter 7. :gary:

Vax posted:

Report: I'm 6 weeks into waiting. In the meantime 4 different customer dudes asked me 4 times if I _REALLY_ wanted to get a refund and if I won't be so kind to state a reason. So I confirmed 4 times in the last 6 weeks that I _REALLY_ want a refund / my account closed, and no I don't want to state a reason or link to an article. The last message I got form them was ~2 weeks ago. Since then nothing.

This right here. If anybody still thinks that CIG isn't broke, why is their refund process so hosed? This is the sort of thing you would expect from the final stages of a Ponzi scheme.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

whats with the weird labels under peoples name? like grimey drawer and college slice

Is that the underwhelming reward for donating to Lowtax?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Wait is somebody buying bonzi buddy avatars now?

Edit: No

BMan fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 4, 2015

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Hi seraph, bye seraph

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

But the card isn't black??? Did Sandi design this?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Uh can you please not have anything to do with Vox Day Derek?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Raskolnikov posted:

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway

Do not

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

D_Smart posted:

That's like saying Democrats have no business talking to Fox News. It's all relative.

Also...https://twitter.com/voxday/status/662995332029161472

Someone said it best I thought; and is precisely the same campaign the people who don't like me, wage incessantly.

"this whole "disavow this person I don't like" thing is repellent, straight out of the SJW playbook."

Derek this is not a "talking to Fox News" situation, this is a "talking to Stormfront" situation.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

A relevant image:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Derek the person you just quoted retracted their post after actually reading what Vox Day wrote.

Edit: Lodin I mean

BMan fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 7, 2015

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

This Vox Day fellow sounds alright, after all he invited ME to his show :downs:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Derek you are becoming the Dave Chappelle character in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u__W0Qa8v0k

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Putting seraph on ignore is good, you guys should try it. Also, thanks to whoever recommended Redline, it was good.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Cultists are falling over themselves to get concierge so they can be allowed to spend :10bux: on useless cards:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'm glad they're spending so much effort on the planetside storefronts in this space game.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

It was all worth it for Oldman mocap face :gary:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Loiosh posted:

I think around $1,500 or so including gifts. It's all in the goonswarm google spreadsheet, though not updated for some package upgrades. (For those curious, this is under half of what I've gifted to friends on Steam: )

I consider it a sunk cost at this point. At the moment I'm concerned that CIG may fail, but I would, being honest, like to see them succeed, because I like the idea of the game.

It's not a sunk cost though, you can still get your money back (maybe).

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

G0RF posted:

Sandi speaks French and is reading Lord of the Rings in her French book club

hosed up if true

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Amun Khonsu posted:

And this universe embryo is so unique that it will drain players new to him, and sauté former players.

Apostates will be cooked and fed to :lesnick:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

how much are you in for?

$1500 IIRC. He's apparently rich though so that makes it all ok.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I don't drink alcohol either. Thanks, Texas of the North.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

hakimashou posted:

You can sell, or could sell, just about all your space citizen stuff for 1.5x -2x what you paid for it if you got it early couldn't you?

So someone who has spent 30 grand, if he spent it on stuff that later became resellable at a profit, actually has 60 grand tied up in star citizen, minus capital gains taxes or whatever.

52k -> as much as 100k equity tied up in star citizen.

That only applies to "limited edition" jpegs. Obviously there's no reason to buy a jpeg on the grey market for more than it would cost straight from CIG. And you can bet that CIG will put them on sale again as a last ditch effort to raise money.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

CrazyLoon posted:

Holy poo poo, now that seriously sounds amazing.

Unlike Star Citizen.

For less than the price of a Javelin jpeg, you can also do dogfights in a real airplane that you fly yourself.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'm Wulf Knight, long time Star Citizen advocate and investor.
Today I'm at the CIG world headquarters in Los Angeles, California.
I had a nice chat with CIG Chairman, Chris Roberts, about their current situation.
He showed me multiple bank statements, as well as letters from banks and lawyers.
I'm sure that all the current refund problems at CIG are being caused by the traditional banking system, not because of a lack of liquidity at CIG.
The traditional banking partners that CIG needs to work with are not able to keep up with the demands of the growing refund requests.
The dozens of people that make up the CIG team are hard at work establishing additional banking partners, that eventually will make dealing with CIG easier for all their customers around the world. For now, I hope that everyone will continue working on Star Citizen projects that will help make the world a better place.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

For gently caress's sake just stop

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

So wait, did Derek ever post the ship name hashes or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

lol "do you wanna talk when we cut back"

• Locked thread