Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Guys I'm worried SC won't come out it October 2014 but they shun me in RSI forums so can someone help me? Serious replies only please, I'm seriously worried I have a lot riding on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

fuctifino posted:

:gary: I'm sorry for your loss.

Please don't ruin my dreams of griefing chubby sad manchildren in the 'verse. I need this.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

jaffyjaffy posted:

But you can do that right now in the very real game Eve Online.

Tried it, but their jpegs move and respond to control input from my PC. Breaks immersion.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

DOMDOM posted:

how long until croberts himself appears to troll this thread

I've been very busy listening to my 10/10 wife's incredible new ideas about :gary: PAAAAARRRP

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

1500 posted:

Anyone else getting

Database Unavailable!

I am asking to make sure its not on my end.

Yeah it's gone down twice for me. Some meathead at steadfastnet donked the onoff button on the wrong server (DB1) and now some of the tables are corrupted and being repaired.

https://twitter.com/lowtax

e: added blame

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
New offices are looking great you guys! Should be ready to mocap Chris's neckfat in :gary: PAARRP! PAARRP! weeks!

All aboard the HYPE TRAIN :gary: PAAAARRRP PAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPPP!!!!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

drat Dirty Ape posted:

This dog looks very wise.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Trapezium Dave posted:

Is the official line really that they need to up and move everyone to LA losing who knows how many dev months and jpeg bucks because it makes it easier to mocap Gary Oldman? :psyduck:

Chris: Benny. Bring me everyone.

Ben: What you mean everyone?
:gary: EVVVVVVRRRYYYYYOOOOONNEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Guys I seriously don't see what the problem is. It's completely legit to build a brand new building in the middle of your game make. L.A. real estate is lolcheap if you can siphon 8 figs off sad fat aspie kids and war vets with PTSD. Game is gonna be out practically tmw so Chris needs to weasel his way back into Hollywood.

This is going to be Ortwin Foamymouth's office. I'm not kidding:

Anyway it all looks on the level to me, no probs guys, they're not making GBS threads backer bucks away at ludicrious speed.

Office will be done :gary: SOOOOOONPARP

Toops fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 6, 2015

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sarsapariller posted:

Also, I don't get all the people trying to justify it by saying "Oh they have too many people for the old office." Has anyone seen any indication that they have been hiring? The only news in the last three months has been one firing after another! None of it makes any sense, none of it stands up to the slightest scrutiny.

Proof: They been hirin' so many peeps they can barely even fit 'em on the dang STAIRS!!! NEED NEW OFFICE WITH 32 HD STATE OF THE ART MOCAP CAMERAS AND A HUGE OFFICE FOR OUR SKETCHY LAWYER, STAT!!!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Get ready to poo poo yourself.

quote:

What we want to do is build our own studio. We want to dedicate an area for mocap and purchase our own mocap system outright. It would cost more than we have currently budgeted for mocap leasing to do this to start… but the result would improve the game significantly. With our own mocap system we could generate cutscenes and moves as we determine they are needed, which will be especially valuable for the Star Citizen live team charged with feeding the game constant content! It’s even conceivable that we could rent it out when not in use, ultimately funneling more money into Star Citizen’s development!

Lead Animator Bryan Brewer is currently looking at two potential mocap systems for body movement. The first is the Vicon system, which he calls the Ferrari of mocap rigs. We would purchase sixteen of their 2.0 megapixel T20S cameras and sixteen of their 1.0 mexapixel T10S cameras for roughly $230,000. A second option is OptiTrack, the “Porsche” of mocap systems, which would be 24 4.1 megapixel Prime 41 cameras and 2 Prime17 cameras for significantly less: $150,000.

This hardware is just the start: it would track body motions, but an additional system would be needed for the game’s facial animations. For this, we are looking at a product called FaceWare. Other money would go towards a physical space to install the system and various pieces of rigging. Finally, some of the additional million would go to professional actors. While team members and other volunteers are suitable for simple motions, real actors are needed for some captures!

We genuinely believe our own mocap studio would significantly improve Star Citizen. The team is very excited about the possibilities for expanding the game beyond what our original budget allowed. We think this is a great example of how we can be responsible with additional money… and a way to continue showing our backers that we’re doing the right thing with their pledges!

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/18305/motion-capture-tech

Hey guys, sounds totally normal and legit, right?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Nation posted:

look at any part of this game in detail and its just beyond :gary: PAAAAARRRRRRRPPP

i feex

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Agrajag posted:

yeah everything points to the exact opposite of that, mush mouth. the spending of money on needless poo poo and going overbudget for the needless poo poo is not being responsible. in fact this whole situation is the very definition of moral hazard where the backers are taking on all the cost and risk

You sound very serious. I am also very serious about this being a legit enterprise by a champion of the people who is in no way scamming money from retards and PTSD veterans to reboot his hack movie career.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Agrajag posted:

mush mouth is crobizzle is croberts is christo roberto

Oh mah bad. i am Chris Roberts's conscience. I don't recognize what this man has become.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Agrajag posted:

well gently caress now we need more money for a baseball field

Ben: Hey... Dad?

[Chris turns]

Ben: [choked up] You wanna have a catch?

:gary: PAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPP!!!!!!!!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

redwalrus posted:

my trained eye just caught this, them stairs be flexin
I used 200lbs per person but honestly taking a second look at some of the people its probably a higher average.

The fact that the stairs didn't collapse is proof there is no God.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Differo Cathedra posted:

Is there more to this cosplay story?

It was an absolute loving cringefest put on by Skeletor and Gravitational Lensnick at Gamescom 2015.

Gamescom 2015

If you can watch that without tearing your god drat eyeballs out, you have nerves made out of the hardest fake metal CIG is thinking about maybe prototyping in the fake game they're considering.

Turns out the strategy of "doing a bunch of blow and winging it" doesn't pay off when you have to speak in front of 1000's of people. I mean, LOOK how loving CRANKED she is on backer-funded yayo. Looks like Ben did about a key but yeah that didn't even make a dent.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
idk guys, that 80 page peen comic has some good points.......... glad it was reposted.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

To that very mentally stable person I might point to the Naval Action devs who aren't delusional egomaniacs trying to strongarm their way back into Hollywood on the backs of fat sad manchildren:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Derek can you link to a tweet about how it's cool to have a fireside chat about scams with a Neo-Nazi cause I don't even

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Literally on the front page of the most well-balanced and informative blog in recent history:

Seems like a great cross-promotional opportunity for the crossover market segments of "gamers" and "psychopath racists" you guys, I don't see the problem here.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

D_Smart posted:

That would imply that in my 30+ years of being in game development, I don't know who Ted Beale is. Dude, seriously?

Real talk for a minute. You're not half the "Game Development Genius" you think you are. The fact that you're so god drat desperate to drive traffic to your blog that you'd consider a hate propaganda website to be a reasonable platform makes you look flat loving looney tunes.

Can we go back to making GBS threads on mental invalids for spending 15k on space dreams please? This isn't even remotely loving funny.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
In a desperate attempt to get this poo poo show back on proper track, it's almost SALE TIME!!!

:gary: PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRPPPP!!!!!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Wait wait wait... Guys... Wasn't there some Star Citizen nutjob that wanted to start a white supremacist SC Org.... Could it be the same guy as Vox loving Day???

Please god jesus christ let it be so.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Oh yes it is, it is GLORIOUS. I can't stop laughing. Derek Smart, goon, is talking to a racist fucker. Have a nice week or so, we will make sure that this won't be forgotten in a week.

How's that $5k you chucked in a garbage fire doing you very normal, well-adjusted person?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Hey Karl can you spot your $5k?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Lowtechs posted:

[img]https://20prospect.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/series_starblazers.jpg[\img]

everybody laugh at the dyslexic imho

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Lowtechs posted:

Meh week troll dude.

:gary: PRRRRRRAAAAAAAP

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
if you goons would put forth some loving effort maybe we could get back on track here

i'll continue my work

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I'm personally very parp'ing happy they're building yet another mocap studio at bargain-basement L.A. prices to capture all-important motions like this highly immersive trip-wall-blampf.

Karl, I need your opinion about how your $5k is not being burned in a dumpster fire but is in fact being burned in a multi-million-dollar dumpster fire of frivolous waste.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Derek: "I don't believe the 94 Million dollars is real."

:boom:

I'm on the meeting it's actually really good.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

LOL

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

G0RF posted:

Well crap now they're talking about Line of Defense...

I retract my statement, it was good, now it's :gary: PAAAAAARRRRRPP

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Amun Khonsu posted:

If SC is not a resounding success, their hopes for more games are a pipe dream.

SC is already a resounding success. Croberts and Skeletor reached their stretch goal of building a Hollywood movie studio where they can hang around real talent like a couple of downs kids at a coke party.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Did this proud white nerd actually manage to find a woman to go along with his matrimonial slavery schtick? If there is one I can only assume she's tied up behind the chair, just outside the view of the camera.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I retract my previous poop that was a worthwhile cast, thanks Derek.

I will now be baking a loaf of challah for a baby shower that I'm not invited to.

e: kind of like paying for a game you'd never get to play

Toops fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 8, 2015

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

A Neurotic Jew posted:

it was mundane, there was much rejoicing.

DS saying the $94M is a lie gave me like a 3/4 chub. Enough to get it in.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I know I personally can't WAIT for a CIG to make a NASCAR game with their "awesome" physics and "great" controller implementations. I'd spend as much as $5k on race car jpegs Karl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol what if CIG made a first person shooter. good one

i guess racing game too. does anyone even do the race part?

I tried "racing" the m50 during some free weekend and after 30 seconds became absolutely 100% certain that the game was hosed and uninstalled.

Blampfing dumb RP nerds saluting each other in Arc Corps with the smart car is as good as SC is gonna get.

• Locked thread