Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Just wanted to give thanks for the insights in this thread, crazy people aside. I was in for 190, got a refund and used some of the funds to buy an account here. Funny thing is my logon still works at the other site even though it's supposed to be permanent deleted. The refund took forever though. A month or so, but keep at it and you'll get it eventually. I registered cause I got sick of seeing the kid get eaten by a window or whatever that thing is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

LCL-Dead posted:

Refund update:

Sent another email to CIG, fresh chain this time, no reply. Informed them that I've begun the dispute on all payments to CIG through paypal.

Fast forward a couple of hours, sitting at home working on a new desk and I see an email update from "support".

Excited. Open email. It's another automated response from CIG informing me, along with the others who I assume have been waiting for 1 month plus at this point, that we are still not forgotten.

:negative:

The only way I got my money back was escalation. It took 6 weeks from initial "how do I get my money back" to, well, if you're just sending automails, I'm escalating. Got my money back 4 days later.

Edit: My log in on rsi worked for like 24 hrs after my account was supposedly closed too. Maybe they are getting overwhelmed by refund requests?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I am glad I am out of this. They really need to fix the head bob though. Watching that barons stream when it wasn't crashed, was giving me seasickness symptoms.

The people in the reddit subreddit are talking about floating debt on credit cards to buy ships that don't exist yet. Weird.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

RuckusRouser posted:

Mirificus, I just wanted to thank you for posting these insane snippets from Reddit/Official forums. I generally don't have the time to go through there looking for poo poo like this and the stuff you deliver always gives me a good chuckle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3tlcd1/funding_just_hit_95000000/

There are people in this thread talking like drug addicts. Some dude has like 400 bucks for the month and hes debating on buying a spaceship in a game. I don't get it.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.twitch.tv/skyyhawkyt

Guy tries to fly the connie, over and over it crashes. He has tried this like 12 times in a row.

"Its in testing guys".

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Huh, 3 million a month for 3 years is 108 million. The math is suspect.

I tried watching one guy stream and the cargo boxes kept bugging out and flying like 679546790854645 miles into space. Was hilarious to watch him try to put a box in a ship to see it fly in a random direction at 840756460 mph, then the game crashed.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Renegret posted:

I tried watching the Wing Commander movie last week because I heard it was awful but I wanted to experience it for myself.

It was real bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9WFw56Mv1w

Quality.

I'm watching a french stream on twitch and it seems like the enemy spaceships have like 400000% more health now. Missiles and other stuff just aren't damaging enough anymore.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

The game mechanics that he has made up in his head which are perfect and the best ever ever

Just want to say that av has better physics than star citizen ever will.

Did they fix the ship balancing yet? It's like 2 ships are the only ones that can reliably kill stuff now.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Guess you should go buy those 2 ships.

You want to be a Wing Commander, so go get 'em tiger!

Nah, I took the threads advice and got a refund, watching streams is as close to as I can get. They still haven't fixed the box bug either.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

It's truly agonizing to watch-- especially with Alexis, Ben, Lando and Justin as hosts. 30 minutes of "here's what's up in MY life" chatter, 5 minutes of "we can't give you dates guys", 10 minutes of Wing Commander chat and a few questions answered.

It's basically Chris and Sandi's Tender Underbelly brigade. Only Thomas seems to have some balls there now- and he's behind the camera most of the time.

--

Highlights of this one.

Ben threw down on critics, "dinks", conspiracy theorists-- presumably goons. "You guys suck!"

Lando is now complaining to those who've sent him messages saying "You're killing my soul" when he closes down threads...This is therapeutic for them, apparently.

Chris showed up to announce 2.0 will go live to everyone later today.

Ben is in ecstasy as Chris speaks; Alexis knows her husband's heart truly belongs to another.

Man, The Last Supper COSplays are getting weirder and weirder.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Star Citizen is basically bad rats in space with a pay to win feature, that is not "pay to win". Also has the worst community I have seen in years as well.

So if you are into this kind of game, go for it. You masochist.

Also paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppp. Thanks for reading.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Its all about morality and ethics in vide...nevermind.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So I have to ask, are soft pretzels superior to hard pretzels?

Also, paaarp.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
If this game doesn't have space emus in it, I will be disappointed.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

If my character can't get pink eye in Star Citizen, I'll just have to stick with Mad Max

Hey man if there is no nail clipping mini game I'll dock the game 1 star out of 100.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

If you worked at Famitsu and had to give Star Citizen a score between 0 and 100 what would it get right now?

How much money we talking here?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Seems right, 110 out of 100 stars.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm using a throwaway for this, as my main account is easily traceable back to me.

My story: I backed the original kickstarter, and I have since upgraded my fleet on a monthly basis. Due to a recent change in circumstances, I've been looking at my finances, and tonight I calculated how much I've spent on this game. It's over £4000!

I have ships I can't even see yet, as they are still yet to be created. The ships I can use are buggy as hell. I get 15fps on a relatively good system, and the game crashes before I can get to do anything interesting. Half the time, griefers destroy or steal my ships before I get a chance to get to the landing pads.

I've been defending SC and Chris Roberts since day one. I attacked Derek Smart and goons when they started causing mischief. I have remained faithful, but tonight I had a huge wake-up call. £4000. Four thousand pounds, and for what?

After 3-4 years of development, I have what appears to be a Crysis mod. Watching Chris Roberts try and fail to play his own game in the Xmas livestream shows that there is very little substance to Star Citizen, and I'm now unsure if there ever will be.

£4000. Am I mad? What am I doing? That's more than I spent on my car!

I'm finding it really hard at the moment to still have faith, and I don't know what to do :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3yv8en/i_think_i_have_a_problem_dont_know_what_to_do/

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mentos Dan posted:

Anything funny happen in the last Two Weeks™? I was caught up until

Lots of things happened, but at the same time nothing happened. Star citizen is a singularity?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I just want a space emu.

paaarpppp

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

redwalrus posted:

Sorry the store is really getting slammed right now, our crack web team at Turbulent will look into it right after they license the crowd funding system we built with veteran backers money.

I tried buying the limited package and it said there was 900 left. 900 sold in less than a second? WHAT IS GOING ON?

Plus, this was on sale last month for 150 cheaper, and included a base game. Is your ordering system wrong?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So when this thing is a smoldering crater, who's gonna be the developer that takes over and makes this a korea mmorp in space?

Because it's gonna happen.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i hope they put pinball machines in SC that you can buy and keep in your space ship and the ball physics will be dependent upon what you have your artificial gravity setting is at

You just reminded me of something great. The space cadet windows pinball machine has better physics than SC does. It's free and works on win 7,8,even 10.

Heres a link, just played it for like 30 minutes and lost track of the time.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-7-3d-pinball-space-cadet-game/

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
SQ42 is released, it's nothing by badly mocapped cutscenes, 5 minutes of "game", 15 minutes of cutscene. The story is probably the oldman guy was the bad guy all along and mark hamill warned us all and we didn't listen. The cliff hanger is someone is a spy for the blac...I mean the vandualls or whatever, and it turns out to be gillian anderson.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I have a new idea for a ship. It is a pawn shop/loan title ship for selling things in a pinch if you don't have credits. Also, croberts could probably have like a direct deposit from your paypals or whatever to the ships to get back what you pawned plus 25% interest. Original Idea do not steal.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

grimcreaper posted:

https://www.facebook.com/215475438505750/photos/a.429027047150587.107566.215475438505750/968218136564806/?type=3&theater

Hey look! The crash has begun. They lost their building and now have to code in the streets!

I like how there are like 2 or 3 women in that picture.

Also I read it as butt-snow hurtflake, and I can't stop laughing.

parppppp

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Gwaihir posted:

It is very very real. Bunnyman showed up to the event at PAX South last year.

"Both Sandi and Disco confirmed there will be no official CIG event at PAX East this year. That said, some folks from CIG may come out and they encourage Citizens to arrange their own meet-ups while there. :)"

Gee, I wonder why.

Also, where are my god damned space emus. gently caress sakes it can't be that hard to code in.

The front page article needs the shipramp.gif too. Otherwise it's good.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Word is croberts and company aren't doing ANY game showcases this year at events. 2016 year of the no shows?

I'm the jorts guy in the star citizen poster parppppp.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
This game is just going to become croberts sq42 movie game. Just wait, I bet like 90% of the funding went into this "module" and little else. I'm laugh if this turns out to be true and never stop laughing.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

I do not plan on asking for a refund because I am truly looking forward to playing this amazing game with all its revolutionary content and bonus added stretch goals that help fully immerse you in a living, breathing world where anything is possible!

Be prepared to redownload it everytime there is an update/and or/ one 12kb file doesn't verify right. Good luck.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

"Dev Meetings at F42"

what a 105 million dollar meeting looks like. A photo essay in 1/1 parts.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
This thread has the best soundtrack.

New mad max movie as well as dredd movie needed.

This game is supposed to "launch" with 100 unique systems too. I wonder how cut back this is going to be.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaoGxOxzAwc&feature=youtu.be&t=1h50m50s

Stretch goals? Don't talk about stretch goals, stretch goals really?????

Drops mic, and leaves room.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

I could fall through the floor

Sounds about right. Link the livestream though.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Screw it I'm stealing the joke.

Star citizen : some of us may be dead by the time it happens.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Why is that mans helmet disappeared?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

patch notes!

"We are still in the process of making other improvements to turrets."

what a precarious life a star citizen must lead.

They really don't know how to fix anything now, do they? This shits been broken since introduced.

Also, I totally called it on SQ42 becoming the main game. Croberts can do no wrong so the whales just eat it.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/40kb6i/what_is_with_the_starter_packs/

"The $30 pack is a limited edition holiday package, discounted from the usual $45 price.

It may go back into stock at the end of this year, but Squadron 42 may be released by then. Also, the game will be splitting properly into Squadron 42 and Star Citizen this month, so the value for money won't be as good."

The value of the money.

Ok, I give up.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hav posted:

PTU update. Left it for an hour, came back and it popped a message that there was a new client. Hit update, the little build number changed and it's waiting to download the final 350.05Kb.

fake edit: Hit the little gear icon to 'verify files', and the launcher froze.

You'll probably have to re-download the whole thing again. I haven't played this game in almost 8 months and this poo poo still happens? Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

skaboomizzy posted:

So they're going to apply just enough chewing gum and chicken wire to keep the PU "running", all while still selling ships they have no plans on completing and putting into the game?

gently caress these people.

SQ42 is going to be the bdssgemxvygbtyrdgvbrkbfx djexf afv re ever. drat it.

Also, the patcher is intermittently broken I have read, so you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the download correctly. Quality. For a Door.

• Locked thread