Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

His teeth have become quite yellow compared to the last videos. I guess he wasn't allowed to go home since croberts crashed on the livestream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

ohsosad posted:

So theoretically if i just spent $450 on a Endeavor Hope-Class with its $25 medical bays of unknown gameplay value could i roleplay as a space pirate medic that abducts and gender reassigns citizens and if they don't play along they are griefing me??

Thats the kind of question i want to see in 10 for the Chairman and see how he will reply with: "We dont have any current plans for implementing this feature for release, but it would be possible down the line"

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Scruffpuff posted:

There are developers there today who know the limit, and some of those are preparing to bail.

Why would anyone quit a payed job which basicly comes down to an unlimited time of fixing something and get payed for it, while people threw more and more money into development?

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

BeefThief posted:

Merry Christmas Star Citizen thread.

It is my firm belief that the furniture is so expensive so that when CIG goes tits up and liquidates, Roberts will be able to offload the furniture and keep the money.

Also 300 staff will cost about a million a month which means they're probably running another million a month in software and hardware costs which means they will probably last until at least April if they had 11.5M at the start of this month as Derek's 'sources' have said.

Dont forget the additional 200 people that work on SC that are not In-House.
Source: Anniversary Livestream; would have to watch it myself again to find the time.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is a choice that's been in place for years. Some people like it, others do not. Personally I feel there's little in the way of momentum or weight to the ships, particularly the small ones, and the game devolves into primarily being about maximizing hits on target (in other words a FPS). There's little use for cover, or chases, or getting an advantage of momentum over your opponent, because the maneuvering thrusters are so powerful that the ships essentially behave like FPS. It's better to compare it to the Descent remake than a space sim.

Additional to this, you are flying in coupled mode which makes it also FPSish, try flying in decoupled mode, it's a totally different story again.

e:

Scruffpuff posted:

Bingo - that's it. It reminds me of Descent, but bad. I remember that game did the same thing - you were "flying" a ship but really it was just a FPS without gravity.

So if they made the decision to go that way with this game, WHY have all these different kinds of ships with different sizes that have different handling characteristics? Making them feel different is going to become roughly 710% of their job.

Not really, the ships use MASS + X amount of thrusters. There is no work trying to make them feel different. They will feel according to what they think a ship should accomplish, and even then, in the end,they can just change numbers, if they think it doesn't feel right. A good example for "cheating" with numbers is the cutlass, and even more, cheating is involved in the Vandul fighter, since they had to add invisible mass to the fighter because otherwise you couldn't really fly it at this point. Same reason why the Herald changed in design.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 26, 2015

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Madcosby posted:

Looks like Team Rico has spawned a constellation... heading to the landing platform... AND HE'S CLIPPED THROUGH THE FLOOR!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT

oh god, there's RoboFett, moving in, DOESNT CLIP HES IN THE PILOT SEAT AND CRASHES THE CONNIE INTO THE LANDING DOCK

TEAM ROBO WINS TEAM ROBO WINS

lol star citizen esports

Sounds more challenging than Hearthstone with the same amount of RNG. Esport confirmed!

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Is Star Citizen an MMO?
No! Star Citizen will take the best of all possible worlds, ranging from a permanent, persistent world similar to those found in MMOs to an offline, single player campaign like those found in the Wing Commander series.

That reads more like a "No, its even MORE"

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

peter gabriel posted:

Agreed, to me they still do which suggests they may be happy with that :psyduck:

This is actually something i like about it, you have to spend couple hours into the ships to somewhat fly them in a meaningfull way, so spacecombat to me seems about mastering your ship, and not p2w in the end.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

peter gabriel posted:

Hang on I just read all your post and I disagree now

My argument was that you can screw people over in an aurora that spend couple hundert into their dedicated combat ships.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Just realised I made the mistake there to think of "Star citizen" = SQ42 + Star Citizen.

I wouldnt claim somethign else than Star Citizen being tried to sell as an fullblown MMO

The names gently caress me over sometimes, for example when they sell SC + SQ42 on a homepage called RSI, while RSI is a fantasy manufacturer of spehsships.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Truga posted:

Except in star citizen, but we already established star citizen is a very special snowflake. Don't buy SC, don't buy a PC for SC.

I can already see the "Star Citizen Ready" stickers on Alienware. The hardware companies would be the real winners if they manage to sell hardware on the pretext of one single pc game.

Star Wars: Rebel Assault not included

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

hakimashou posted:

What is wave 5?

New ships that will be sold:

2 new Racers
1 dedicated boarding ship
1 small shuttle for e-sport events
1 dedicated bird observation platform

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
:gary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi-ZIOmB6EM

Everybody knows SC's hosed
You don't give a good goddamn
Your Uncle Ben is a motherfucker
I don't wanna see him again
Have to pretend
Count to ten
You blew up their wallets to justify a dream
I don't really care about your big ship scheme
More money on stretchgoals gently caress development

gently caress illfonic
gently caress reality

The game I pledged for sold its soul to you motherfuckers
Now you shill all sites with sleep disorder
No, I don't wanna listen to your order
New Pre-Order New Pre-Order
Haven't got anything show
4 years old half dead
Got a card in my hand
Chris gave it to me
I don't want it
No, I don't want it. NO!

You shill all sites with sleep disorder

Everybody knows SC's hosed

There's no explanation for the second build
Crashing glitching griefing thrilled
Is what we are as a backer
If we don't face the fact
Chris Roberts fucks us in the rear end
Creating another Daikatana
Killin' its development
What for?
I don't know motherfucker
I guess money's on the mind

:yarg:

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've said this before, but nothing seems to piss him off more than people asking him questions about Star Citizen during the segment of the livestream where they "should" be asking about Squadron 42, and more importantly performance capture / the script / the actors / whatever.

What does he expect? I bet a lot of people that bought some ships between 2014 and mid-2015 have never read anything about SQ42. Additional, people probably don't care that much, because they just want to see their big ships in action, and talk about stuff they remotely have an idea off.

SQ42 for me = 10 Hours movie with Mark Hami and Gary in space where you can fly some ships, and explore an idris? Also Sandi is in it

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Ok I've made my account, my handle is Goonlord and my ID is Morrissey, gonna try and make a post asking croberts if he wants an SA account, someone on here will have to find it and post images cause I can't.

P.S. I feel loving grimey already

I think you can only post in the "New Recruits" Channel

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Star Citizen by Sergey Titov

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved