Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Hi, new guy here. Been trolling around this forum for a long time now; am I correct in assuming that this is the best vantage point to watch this virtual universe come to an end?

In keeping with SC's penchant for stealing Hitchhiker references, to me that makes SA "The Restaurant at the End of the 'Verse".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I like this quote from the article:

"The pressure to knock something out of the park with all the pressures and complexities of a giant team would be everpresent from day one, and NO THANK YOU THAT'S ENOUGH ALREADY. This is to say nothing of the expectations of the people who filled your coffers in the first place. What do they expect for their 100m? Bet it's pretty loving special!"

If SC is any indication, people will expect a boatload of nothing for their 100m. They'll just circle the wagons around you and defend the indefensible.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

quote:

The rest I would license the IP for Independence War, Freespace and Wing Commander

Derek, please do this...

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

I think he just doesn't care. He delivered The Vision and it is up to others to build The Vision. He doesn't know the state of the game because he isn't playing the game because he doesn't care. He cares about directing and this is his platform. I think when they were around 60M or so he might have believed they could deliver because after being more than a decade completely out of touch with games programming he was in no position to understand the implications of the poo poo he promised but since the time of the Star Marine fiasco that it must have dawned on him. At this moment he's just stampeding like a heard of buffalo because he has no choice but going forward and hope some game can be delivered and that the Sq42 movie will open him future doors in what truly interests him.

I suspect those career doors are closed to him for good, to be honest. Hollywood has a rather long memory, and it seems to me he went out of his way to grab actors who, although big-name, are not really tuned into the gaming community enough to spot what this project really is. For them it was just a paycheck. The interview with Mark Hamill had some telling moments if you read between the lines, about Mark having a simple question and Chris droning on for 20 minutes. He didn't explicitly say it, but I don't think he was listening to the answer.

The rancid cherry on top is Sandi, trying to be an "actress" without youth, beauty, or talent - the 3 key ingredients. You can make up for one or two with an excess of the third, but she strikes out on all 3 counts.

It would be ironic if they eventually did star in a documentary about their failures. I'd watch that, but only if it's mo-capped.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I'm thinking of designing a game myself, and I've decided to use SC as a business template. So far my priorities are outlined as follows:

1) House, cars, vacations, coffee machines
2) Mocap studios
3) International offices
4) Sycophants

That should cover the foundation. Next up:

5) JPEGs
6) Fidelity
7) Head bob
8) Livestreaming

Once that is in place, from what I've learned, I can consider the game shipped. However, since quality is job 1, I want to go above and beyond for my future customers. I've added some stretch goals:

- A game engine
- Physics
- An economy
- A game

Once all that is completed, I'm hoping to finish it off with a design document.

Anyone on board with this?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

get some cats up in this poo poo and I am all over it

I've hardly begun and I'm already hit with scope creep. Game design is hard.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

get some cats up in this poo poo and I am all over it

Not sure how the cats will react to the birds that I learned need to be in the game. I suppose there are opportunities there for emergent gameplay.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

BigglesSWE posted:

Do we have a consensus regarding the scam theories here on SA?

Admittedly, I've only just recently started to dig into SC and its development but from what I've seen, it smells more like abundant incompetence than downright foul play.

I think Chris Roberts, during his inept career flailing, accidentally captured lightning in a bottle in a way that would make Inspector Clouseau jealous.

Nobody could have known that so many disenfranchised Malcolm Reynolds wannabes were floating around out there, waiting for another game that would make them feel like they did "back then", when Wing Commander 3 was riding high, and they didn't have a care in the world. People whose lonely lives could not possibly have been their own fault, because as the game indicated, they were A HERO.

These people were planted all over the world: mentally-challenged sleeper cells waiting for a wake-up call that nobody cared, much less knew, about. Then their old hero from memory rises again - this is their chance to reclaim their rightful place - to once again live in their imaginations and leave this world behind - the world they've proven (ironically enough by buying JPEGs of a game that will never come out) that they cannot navigate with intelligence, grace, or class.

The key to becoming a millionaire for free appears to be reading minds. Somewhere out there right now are other groups like this one - all sharing some silent need - waiting for some idea man to accidentally hit the lottery.

I can't even fathom how awesome the show will be when this collapses.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Gonkish posted:

On some level, they clearly understand that they're being played, yet they're so far gone that they're advocating FOR the con, rather than AGAINST it.

Chris invoked the Ben Franklin effect on the whales. They donated to him, don't you see...

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

You know the thing about Sandi, she's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When she comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until she takes your cash and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the brown sea turns red and in spite of all the wishin' and the spergin' she still comes in and rips your wallet to pieces.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Let's say, hypothetically, that I was to visit The 'Verse today for a bit of honest, not-at-all at anyone's expense fun.

Should I get on the 2.0.0 server, or the 2.1.0 PTU?

Hypothetically.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Just got back from my first trip into The 'Verse.

I'm staggered that they have the audacity to call the piece of poo poo I just experienced an "Alpha" release, much less summoning the titanic balls necessary to slap a "2.0" moniker on it.

There were some outstanding experiences:

- Having to wait 11 seconds for an animation to play of me getting out of my bed, and then the camera being placed slightly behind my eyes so I can see my own eyeballs and eyelids from 2 centimeters behind them. I liked this because it's just like real life.
- Clipping through literally everything in the game. It's like one giant maphack. Did they set a global NOCLIP incorrectly? Either way it's great because I can send them bug reports about what the back of textures looks like.
- EVA is great. I can recreate my favorite scenes from (pick a film where some dude gets spaced with no hope and winds up killing himself).

No so good:

- Spawning a ship does not work the first 100 times you try. Luckily there's always someone more obsessed than I will ever be hammering away at the station. I wait outside.
- I have decided there is no genuine physics engine here. I saw people rotating what looked like thousand-ton ships instantly like a child's pinwheel toy. You could see the jitter as the reject kept trying to right the ship. Just like real flight!

Honestly I just have to stop before I hurt myself here. I could have made this post thousands of lines long. I've been in enough alphas to know when I'm getting in on the ground floor of something that will shape up right, or on the ground floor of something that is being built specifically to collapse, like a Jenga tower. This "game" is the latter. There is no conceivable way they can build on the foundation I'm seeing here.

An old country joke sums it up: a boy asks a farmer the way to the local market, and the farmer shakes his head and says, "Can't get there from here kid, you gotta start someplace else."

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I bought it and I feel bad about that. Not the buying of it, but knowing that somewhere out there an rear end in a top hat has benefited in albeit a small way from my money

Just imagine that your money went to pay the salary of one of the good employees before they flew the coop. In fact, your money specifically helped them get a better job, by getting a new tie and belt etc. for their interviews.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Am I the only one who, when watching Christ attempt to play his own game, got a HUGE autism vibe from him?

The open-mouthed, empty-headed, blank expression while he tapped on the keyboard like a pigeon tapping for food pellets.

It looked like his eyes weren't focused on anything in particular. Even when he was in the game, his bizarre wandering around, his inability to navigate a chat interface (you're really gonna move the mouse around and loving click SEND instead of just hitting ENTER?)....

The whole time I half-expected some nurse to come tottering into the scene saying "OK, Chris, that's enough, you've had your fun, it's time to let someone else play on the computer now, OK?" and lead him off, wiping his drool with a Star Citizen towel.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Since we're on a pizza tangent, does anyone here remember the glory of the Pizza Hut Priazzo pies? This was an 80s thing if I remember, and they were glorious. This was when Pizza Hut was a sit-down restaurant with servers etc., and the big red Coke plastic cups that I swear made the Coke taste better.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I enjoy the reasoning, as the SC "Alpha" moves along its versions, and "bug fixes" are applied, and the product becomes "more stable" - sentence ended due to quotation mark limit violation

The reason I enjoy this so much, is watching linear thought process that the Shitizens are using to conclude that the game will obviously be released. The reasoning is easy to follow, and goes as such:

1) There is something to play right now (sort of)
2) Each patch fixes bugs
3) Each release number goes up
4) Each release is more stable

and then the logical conclusion:

5) Therefore with enough time, the game will be out

NONE of the cultists have seen the disconnect between #4 and #5. None of them. Their logic is flawless - the engine can be tweaked and patched forever, into infinite potential, simply given enough time - this is as undeniable as the scientifically-provable fact that a Honda Civic can eventually be tweaked and adjusted into an F1 racer without changing out the engine or any other parts.

Now I know some of the developers who left the company knew this. They knew the inherent limit of the engine, saw the writing on the wall, and bailed. There are developers there today who know the limit, and some of those are preparing to bail. Others are just moving the goalposts of the project to fit within the limits of what the engine can do, using the quite deliberate obfuscation of what the gently caress this game is even supposed to be as a shield rather than a liability. If nobody knows what the game is, they can't prove the engine can't do it.

I love all this because it's like watching a train wreck in the world's slowest motion. We know that the Alpha patch releases, and the actual performance of said releases, are going to converge into a singularity where the existing engine has been tweaked to its absolute limit, all bugs are fixed, and the game still can't and won't run because they were using the wrong solution from the jump. But the citizens not only don't know that, but actually can't know that - even those with experience in the industry - because cult behavior shuts down the critical thinking centers of the brain as its first order of business.

This is excellent from nearly every perspective. Look at Chris during his recent video appearances and compare them to those from 2, 3 years ago. Look at his eyes. He knows, beyond a doubt, what's coming. He doesn't care about scope creep, physics, ships, design, systems, economy - gently caress it. He's not completely stupid; he knows he mismanaged and misspent this project directly into the ground. SQ42 is his Hail Mary pass - his way to justify to himself that he is not a complete failure. If that goes out, in any form at all, he will add that to his internal monologue as a success. I've worked with CEOs before who give up on their company, and they all get the same look in their eyes when they "check out". This man is riding out the clock.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Tokamak posted:

It's the illusion of progress. Look at all the hard work the devs put in in the lead up to chris-mas. They managed to get a major patch out just in time for the holiday break. Aren't you thankful? At this pace, the game will be out in no time.

From my perspective it looks like they're putting 100% of their development effort into solidifying the tech demo they call 2.1.0, and no effort into developing the game itself. I know most citizens think this IS the seed of what will become the game, which is why this is a shrewd move if you're trying to squeeze them for their last cents, but a lovely move if developing a game is anywhere on the radar.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

The bulk of their deployment consists of some 20-odd .pak files, most of them 2 GB each. Since their patcher doesn't actually patch anything, just compare local versions to server copies, AND since each release they change nearly every .pak file - net result is a 20GB "patch" each time they make an update.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

comatose posted:

Does anyone actually understand their logic on PTU build numbering? Ignoring the whole 2.0 thing for an alpha, the patch notes from 2.0x to 2.1 are bug fixes and a new ship which for some reason means they went up a version number and also make you download the whole client again. :psyduck:

Their logic is to lie for marketing purposes. A real game reaches "Alpha" when all the game systems are completed and functioning, and you can see what the whole game will look like when finished, but when no comprehensive QA and bug sweep have been completed. A real game reaches "Beta" when they believe they have fixed all the bugs - then it will either go to closed or open playtesters for another bugsweep. Then they go "Gold", ship the game, then we all download a 6TB zero-day patch because nobody gives a poo poo about QA any more.

SC is not a real game, so they call a minor tech demo an "Alpha", then they stick 2.0 on it because even people's grandparents have learned from lying marketing assholes in every conceivable product sector that "2.0" is the equivalent of a perfected product.

You need to download the client every patch because they have gigantic .pak files and their patcher can't properly patch binaries. So you have to fully redownload each 2GB file every time they change something. It's not even a patcher really - it just compares your files to theirs and makes you download every file that doesn't match their published version. Since there are only around 200 files in the entire installation, the bulk of the game is the 25 files in the Data folder (30GB total), you can see how you can suck up internet bandwidth real quick whenever a new .jpeg needs lens flare added.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

When this scam goes tits-up, how many of the cultists do you think will lobby the government for regulation, claiming victim status and there there was "no way we could have known this would happen"?

If and when that happens, can we use this thread to prove beyond a doubt that sane people the world over were screaming at these people to wake up?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Is Gryphon really Karl? I think he's just another zealot who's attached beyond reason to SC because he's sunk around $2.5K.

Imagine dropping 2.5K on this hack's POS "space game" while visions of being a space pimp dance in your head.

Then log into any version of the PTU. Very few people would not immediately get a feeling in the pit of their stomach that something is horribly wrong.

Lashing out here might be the only thing between Gryphon and the long dark.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

I was browsing the eq next sub today and some of the die hards are beginning to sound a lot like Citizens.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comments/3y7w2q/what_event_most_killed_eqnext/

That's a good point. So we can see something of a pattern here; socially inept, frequently mentally disabled shutins get lost in a virtual world during the 90s, then go apeshit when they see the opportunity to do it again 20 years later. They can't accept that it won't happen.

So besides Everquest and Wing Commander, what are some other niche IPs with autistic followers from that time period? If we can figure out another one, let's start a Kickstarter project to recreate it.

We can't lose.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

This makes perfect sense. The delays aren't the failures of a known hack with a history of failure at this exact endeavor. No, the delays, ALL OF THEM, are the result of making a better game. As is painfully evident by the incredible quality viewable on the PTU 2.1.0, and the fact that the game, as it stands, still has no design.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I have no idea how to phrase this concept, so try to bear with me.

I've been toying around on the test servers, and the game has a weird feel to it that I think I can explain now. The "ships" are not actually vehicles in the sense of having the feel you'd expect from even a 90s game like Tie Fighter. Rather, the "ships" are just first-person shooter player-characters. Except, instead of the character being a little spaceman, the character is shaped like a spaceship.

You run around, and when you "get in" a ship, it's just superimposing your first-person toon into a larger first-person toon shell, and now you're "controlling" that ship, but really, technically, you ARE the ship. The flight-model is laughable, because it's just a tweaked first-person engine. Turn off gravity, make your forward speed a dynamic value and boom - you're "flying." So there's actually no flight model, or flight physics, because that isn't what the game was designed for.

I don't know if this is what they did or not. It just very much feels like it. If I'm right, then they still haven't achieved the "holy grail" of FPS and flight intermixed - all they did was tweak a FPS engine to make your character model look like a spaceship. There were Quake mods that did this poo poo decades ago, and better.

Nothing can explain how bad it sucks. It's like the Matrix - you have to see it for yourself.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Mirificus posted:

Someone put up a poll asking how large players expected battles to be in Star Citizen. This is what ended up happening to it.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6153265/#Comment_6153265

I have a pole for you, Nicole.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's better to compare it to the Descent remake than a space sim.

Bingo - that's it. It reminds me of Descent, but bad. I remember that game did the same thing - you were "flying" a ship but really it was just a FPS without gravity.

So if they made the decision to go that way with this game, WHY have all these different kinds of ships with different sizes that have different handling characteristics? Making them feel different is going to become roughly 710% of their job.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Omi-Polari posted:

How is this different from Freespace 2? Just curious.

Never played it, so can't say. Maybe it's not.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I like the reflection in her glasses revealing her outstretched hand taking a selfie. Nobody else can get near her... does anyone else smell brimstone?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Reavers are griefers.

(BTW is this fandom why we're getting the cringe-inducing "The 'Verse" shorthand for universe? I get douche-chills every time I hear it, and the SC community uses it unironically all day every day.)

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Punch line: it's a very real possibility that they don't make 100% of them, either.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

There's enough material here for an entire conference.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

It's because of the following:

1) CryEngine3 has a very basic and rudimentary vehicle controller because it's primarily an fps level based engine

2) They have to build an actual physics based vehicle (see the hangar buggies) controller from the above

3) They have to build an actual physics based flight dynamics controller from the above

4) And #3 has to be tweaked for all the different space craft in the game

5) They have to make an fps controller work inside a level (station or space craft). Aside from the fact that the ships (multi-crew or not) are just vehicle (see above) components being moved around in a level

The end result is that the vehicles and ships feel like characters because they are all the same hybrid controllers with various settings to make them "feel" like vehicles and/or ships

That's why it's all FUBAR and why I keep saying that this game, as pitched, will never - ever - see the light of day.

So they've hacked together what an amateur modder would refer to as a "trick", and called it a game. This will end well.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

A nice example of how even if you see a game going downhill for a while, you never know when or where the axe will fall:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/566/view/news/read/37696/Firefall-RUMOR-Red-5-Fails-to-Meet-Payroll-CEO-Share-Valued-at-45M.html

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Chocobo posted:

Firefall is a game that shares a lot of parallels with Star Citizen, the only difference being that Star Citizen had a ridiculously effective monetization model from the very beginning of its development hell.

Maybe once Chris and his succubus have blown through the rest of the cash, they'll need a bailout from a Chinese company. They'll buy the property under the condition that it is reworked into "Super-BattleCruiser-Gundam-HappyTime-Macross".

...actually, I'd play the poo poo out of that.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Had to be a dream - Chris doesn't know enough about the game to show it to anyone.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Let's pretend I walk into a park with a baseball and glove. A little kid walks into the same park, sits on a bench, and starts to watch me toss the ball into the air and catch it.

Each time I toss the ball, I toss it a bit higher. This goes on for a while - each time I toss the ball in the air, I toss it higher, it goes farther, and takes farther to come back down.

In that child's mind, a thought forms around the patterns he is observing: since I toss the ball higher each time, eventually I will be able to toss the ball clear into space. It's just a matter of the child continuing to watch patiently as I continue the pattern I have been following so far.

From my perspective, this is preposterous. Of course there is a limit to how high I can throw the ball, for dozens of different physical reasons like my own personal strength, wind resistance, gravity, mass, etc. that are beyond a child's mind.

This is the state of Star Citizen's Alpha. People who don't know any better physically see things on their monitor, and in their minds, they think "Progress. Each time I log in, it gets a little farther. This game is coming out and it's going to be awesome."

Those of us who are not emotionally connected to the project, and who have been around the block a few times, log in and think "Yeah, they might squeeze a bit more client stability from this, but that's about as far as they're getting unless they make some major foundation changes. There's no way this Alpha will become the game they are pitching. They need to start over and do it right."

I know people call it a cult due to the behavior of its citizens, but I think at this point it's fair to simply call it a religion. They decide what they want to believe, and then work backwards from conclusion to cause, picking the observations that support their desired conclusion, while ignoring the evidence that doesn't.

Next time I see "Religion" on a form (perhaps at a mental hospital), I'm going to put in "Star Citizen." I encourage everyone to do the same. Once we're big enough, we stage a galactic war with Scientology.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Different grades of fuel.
Birds.
Procedurally-generated hand-crafted content.

Star Citizen.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Star Citizen Alpha PTS 2.2.0a Patch Notes

Alpha Patch 2.2.0a has been released to the PTU, and is now available for player testing. During this testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time, depending on how soon our next ship sale is. This patch provides numerous quality of life fixes, and some additional crashing opportunities we had missed in earlier iterations.

Your launcher should should show 2.2.0a-424242 as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading, which you will. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Text. In fact, it's probably a good idea to just delete every folder related to Star Citizen, since the patcher will just redownload everything regardless.

Please review our current list of 2.2.0a Known Issues, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions. Be prepared to received vicious psychological abuse from the playerbase for each submitted bug, but please remain civil and ignore the abuse. If you mention the abuse to a moderator, you will receive a forum ban.

Hangar Module

Additions:

Ships

The SANDI Pube-Shaver is now hangar-ready!
A Gary Oldman hologram is is now available in the Hangar!

Environment

We've removed most of the lighting because it wasn't immersive. We checked out hangar in real life and it was pretty dark.

** Fixes:**

Environment
Fixed an issue where players were entering and moving around in their hangars.
Fixed an issue where some textures were rendering properly on certain ships.
Fixed an issue where ships weren't clipping through floors and walls.

Technical
Fixed an issue where having any ship in the hangar would turn off the video card cooling fan and melt the GPU. Now this happens everywhere.

User Interface
Fixed an issue where the ladders in the VFG Industrial didn't take long enough to climb up and down. The animation now takes 32 seconds.

Arena Commander Module

Additions:

Gameplay

Pilots can no longer enter ships in Arena Commander.

Fixes:

Gameplay

Fixed an issue where players could occasionally shoot other ships - this was nonconsensual and people were feeling grief.
Fixed an issue where players could steer, accelerate, and decelerate freely.
Fixed an issue where ejecting during self-destruct would allow players to feel happiness by having a bit of unintended fun during a period dedicated solely to testing the game.

Ships
Fixed an issue where the P-52 Merlin was not properly reflecting how much of a loving tool the pilot was for flying a ship called the goddamned "Merlin" for chrissakes.
Fixed an issue where multiple ships had broken or incorrect damage states in multiplayer game mode - now every ship has broken or incorrect damages states in all game modes.

User Interface
Fixed an issue where our loving autistic CEO didn't know how to hit <Enter> to use a chat window, a process that hasn't changed since the 80s.

Social Module

Fixed an issue caused by a misunderstanding that our player base can function socially. This module has been removed.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I love how the entire game, even before release, has painted itself into a corner regarding game mechanics purely due to their early monetization model.

There is literally no way out. No planning was done for even one single in-game mechanic. None.

Imagine that they actually get the game working (cough) - now what? No matter how they choose to make ships available ingame, it will piss off a significant percentage of their Very Special Fandom. Not to mention there is no way to keep the game alive over time, since they frontloaded all their income, then blew it on non-game bullshit.

No matter how this collapses, it's gonna be immeasureably awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Star Citizen - The Movie - Leaked Script

FADE IN:
LANDING DECK - OPEN SPACE
A blurry planet spins in the background. Two identical men approach a STARSHIP. The starship is vibrating slightly as they approach. The man on the left has a limp.

SPACEMAN 1: Here we are - finally. Heroes.
SPACEMAN 2: You said it. I call turret.
SPACEMAN 1: You can turret for me anytime.

HEROIC MUSIC swells. One spaceman opens the door in the side of the craft. MUSIC STOPS. An extended scene from a single camera angle follows him for 30 seconds up the ladder and into the pilot's seat. The second spaceman walks off the edge of the platform, engages his EVA, floats to the top of the ship, fidgets with the top panel. In perfect silence, we follow the second spaceman down into the ship, down a hallway, and into a turret on the ship's underside. Occasional cut to the first spaceman looking straight ahead from his chair, facial expression unchanging, eyes unblinking.

SPACEMAN 1: I feel...
SPACEMAN 2: ...immersion.

As the craft takes off, a third identical spaceman is seen running down the platform. He jumps awkwardly as he runs. As he lands, his left leg passes directly through the platform, and he is stuck in position. The craft will leave him behind.

SPACEMAN 3: WWWAAAAASSSSSSDDD

CUE ACTION MUSIC

As the STARSHIP begins to lift off, it tilts side to side as if it has no mass at all. During a tilt, the left wing passes directly through one of the space stations rings, and lodges there.

SPACEMAN 1: We have to thrust!
SPACEMAN 2: I hope we can thrust enough!
SPACEMAN 1: We can thrust and shoot together!
SPACEMAN 2: You read my mind!

MUSIC SWELLS. The ship is vibrating violently now. We hear a COMPUTERIZED VOICE coming from the starship's ONBOARD COMPUTER

VOICE: Radar active - scanning - radar found - scanning - landing gear up - landing gear down - radar active - scanning - landing gear up - landing gear down - scanning

Suddenly the STARSHIP breaks free and goes into an INFINITE SPIN. We see SPACEMAN 1's point-of-view, and the BLURRY PLANET is rotating quickly past.

The controls are not responding.

CUE ACTION MUSIC

VOICE: Radar active - scanning - radar found - scanning - landing gear up - landing gear down - radar active - scanning - landing gear up - landing gear down - scanning

The scene freezes, the music stops.

STAR CITIZEN HAS STOPPED RESPONDING...

FADE TO BLACK

• Locked thread