Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Wafflz posted:

Welcome new members who bought in to read this thread but not post :getin:

Thank you and hello.

Been freeloading since October, so I'd like to thank Mr. Tax and everyone else for the entertainment. I'm a stay at home dad, so I consider keeping up with this thread my job.

I'm a lowest tier SC backer (gifted in 2014).

My favorite posters are pgabz, EightAce, and Beer. Everyone else is great too, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Welcome to the Stimpire, commando! o4
Out of curiosity what's your situation on the refund/chargeback front and how much are you in for if it's not too big of a shame to answer?

So, I was gifted a $45 Aurora package by a relative. No refund/chargeback attempted because I was having a decent enough time alpha testing the collision physics in the PTU so far.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Madcosby posted:

so not to be a sour puss, but what's the big deal if a ship has two seats or not

One to fly in, one to rape in :yarg:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

DeePee posted:

What is this from?

Under The Skin

I think

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Guys, I'm so excited! I just got an exclusive offer from RSI in my email! CHECK THIS OUT:

So if I'm reading this correctly, I can convert one imaginary ship into a completely different imaginary ship by handing CIG only $50! Which essentially turns a $45 mistake into a $95 mistake, and all I have to do is use the special offer code in my email.

It's not every day you can spend $95 to get $55 worth of goods - I'm jumping on this offer right away!

Edit: I have not calculated the credits for melting the Aurora, because :effort:

Edit edit: OK so apparently you get the $45 back, then you get $5 off the 300i, so you're actually spending an additional $5 only. So if this game were real, not a bad overall deal I suppose. So I guess instead of going for the big dollars with this offer, they're focusing on the likely obscene number of normal mini-spergs who donated $45 years ago and are trying to milk an extra $5 out of each of them. For CIG, it's money above all else.

Might this be a covert attempt to get older backers to agree to the new TOS? And pay an extra $5...

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Galarox posted:

Well now I could hardly make sandi into dorothy could I?

goddamn!

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

fuctifino posted:

I love Disco's facial expressions. He really didn't want to do this.

Webm linked because it's huge, and imgur doesn't seem to be working

Isn't that his shtick?

Perpetually disappointed

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Any bets that CR will stealth reveal something disappointing during today's 10FTC?

I'm hoping for at least an ambiguous reference to a promised feature's inclusion/completion

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Tippis posted:

So basically what CCP has been wanting to do for the last 10 years but not actually managed because it turns out that dynamically splitting and merging grids, and moving the simulations of them around in the server cluster without creating very noticeable and potentially game-breaking hard stops in the gameplay during the switch-over, is really loving hard.

And say what you want about CCP's ability to create sensible server code, but they've still been at it since the turn of the century and they've actually created some pretty ingenious solutions, both in hardware and in software to deal with their problems.

Yea, but Chris starts coding at MIDNIGHT, so....

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

That's true, I forgot about that. Oh, you also have a module you can fit to your ship that enables an auto-docking procedure, if you're a baby back bitch that doesn't like docking at maximum throttle.

I just really like Blue Danube :chord:

e. That G0rf post wowow

Plural Abysss fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 1, 2016

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

On this day in thread history!

I like this feature idea. Please continue

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Wafflz posted:

The loving backwards hands...

:staredog:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
CIG needs to give you your own show, Pgabz

Truly the most entertaining Star Citizen content being created

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Tortolia posted:

There was a similar one for black market use in Just Cause 2. Folks can and will reduce unnecessary cutscenes and animations after seeing them enough times because they want to get back to playing the actual game.

I've heard that Far Cry Primal has a toggle in the options to completely disable the skinning/gathering/crafting animations.

Someone should float a similar feature idea in the forums

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Eonwe posted:

i have never climbed a ladder like that

You will in the sickening and heartbreaking future

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

ewe2 posted:

OH NO! From the makers of SPLANG comes a heinous ditty by ewe2 AGAIN. INN Records review: tedious, yet annoying. New Order starring Bryan Ferry play the Bill Bailey Wurzels in:

Be afraid. Be very afraid and :pgabz: dance motherfuckers :pgabz:

I'd expect to hear this at the Million Mile High Club on :smug: Ladies Night :smug:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

wow sure is a bunch of footage about 2.2 going live, would have sucked to have it all cut because they couldn't push it out in time.

good thing about all those crazy mishaps happening all at once.

Like, why make up all that bullshit? Why not just say, "Hey guys, we've got a lot of 2.2 related content in this weeks show, so we'd really like to push it out before we drop it on Youtube. Sorry for the hold up, but we're trying our best!"

Maybe I'm just tired, but I just don't get it.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

CIG's media outflow machine working on a behind the scenes documentary isn't absurd in and of itself. It's something they said they were going to do and it was something I was actually looking forward to way back during the Wingman days. When I idiotically assumed that people like him were taking 10 minutes a week to put together something brief that captured some of the energy or emotion of that particular period to incorporate into a later effort.

Being shown a video of directors Sandi and Ben setting up some kind of studio to begin working on some kind of pain chamber where people will repeat how amazing the community is for ascending their visionary into the celestial interspersed with montages of CIG's upper echelon shaking hands with Gary Oldman and ogling Gillian Anderson's most secret places while their wive's are back in the states isn't the kind of production that makes sense when the company is sinking four years after they initially pulled the trigger.

If CIG was a sincere company that was actually pulling it off I imagine they would receive a very warm response with clips of a pre-black pumpkin Chris Roberts driving around with a computer tower talking about how he wasn't sure what the poo poo was going to happen with the conceptual pitch he was starting to work on would ever raise so much as an eyebrow. Rather than, you know, some kind of cynical loving effort towards establishing that one 'filmed a documentary'.

Also Solar Plebian should have a risk assessment system that lets you know if the other ship costs less than yours.

Maybe it'll take a turn for the dramatic like that French doc about the FDNY filmed in Sept 2001.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
CR accepts his award for "Most Black Shirts" at LA Bar Citizen 2016

Plural Abysss fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 5, 2016

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

LOL at the downvotes

never change :reddit:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Galarox posted:

probable double post, anyways, Dereck wants to be in at.... the Autopsy! (By Rembrandt)

:master:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Solid loving gold :pgabz:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

OK, almost had coffee out my nose

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Star Citizen will be so loving IMMERSIVE it will ram its ovipositor down your throat and lay its IMMERSIONS in your chest cavity!

So I googled "ovipositor", and that led me to a vice article on the Splorch. :aaaaa: Google at your own peril

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

The NPC ships that attack you just fly in an endless loop anyway, shooting at nothing, if you are there or not. Not only is that attack scripted, it's also complete bullshit

This is unbelievable totally expected. Can you feature a little of this in your next vid?

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

i used to think the transcripts were the only good thing INN ever did and now i'm realising that once again, somethingawful is doing something better than them

Watch your back DOLVAK :owned:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

orcinus posted:

Can someone get someone to read Crobarts' transcripts with a valley girl accent?

https://www.fiverr.com/graphixgodde...93-d91dc5272743

About $30 bucks or so for one answer

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

A fine line between deft salesperson and retarded customer indeed

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
http://i.imgur.com/5YEPezs.jpg

Plural Abysss fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 10, 2016

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Who's excited for RtV? :toot:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Don't fur shame :colbert:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Banano posted:

Also I am in the middle of an exploration run in elite and the way you scan solar systems is by unleashing a mighty paarp that travels for billions of miles. I'm sure this is pure coincidence but I choose to believe it is deliberate on the part of elite devs.

I am literally parping my way across the 'laxy it's great

Totally forgot about this. What an amusing coincidence! :gary:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

What am I looking at here? Drifting crosshairs? :confused:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

looks like a 9 billion lumen flashlight turning on and off for me?

oh yes I see it now

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Next stop, 3000 :toot:

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Welcome new guy. Do you play with a HOTAS? If so, which one?

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Unlikely - I think the developers would have spoken-up by this point if that were the case.

No offense, but you know nothing about game developers

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

To be honest, any description I applied to my "investment" would have been scrutinized:

Investment? - "Lol what return buddy!
Pledged? - "What a fool for backing a dream!"
Backed? - "Lol dumping money into a fool's wish!"
Etc.

You came in here expecting to be criticized? Why? Most new people (myself included) were welcomed without any finger pointing.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Finally some more juicy deets inbound from 8A!

:f5:

e: and Dr. Smart blowing a fuse? Pay dirt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I found Old Man's War pretty underwhelming actually

- SQ42 review

• Locked thread