Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I made this https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3767000

and hosed it up

please move it in here nice mods

edit - i moved it all on my own

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I'm new here. I come from the internet Elite Dangerous, a game about spaceships which actually is a real game that works and has gameplay in it. I recently made the mistake of mentioning Star Citizen on /r/elitedangerous. I mentioned it once, I don't think I got away with it.

14 years to make Elite? What? I'm done with these guys. They have infected every single forum and comments section like a loving cancer, and I cannot read their bullshit any more. Listen to this horseshit, you can see my comments he replied to.

What in the actual gently caress. I always thought folks were exaggerating about these guys, this is your actual real life bone fide see the doctor poo poo.

Isn't that last one a doozy? Isn't it? Looking at their website, reading up on what their trying to make, watching videos of the loving STATE OF IT and casually pointing out that it looks like a trainwreck is "Spreading Misinformation".

I've actually had enough of these guys, they are loving all over everything with this evangelical loving bullshit. Any moron with at least one eye and one braincell can tell at a distance of half a mile that the game is an absolute shambles. The engine physically cannot do what is being asked of it, it has nothing to do with being unfinished.

And do you know what this guy did? Do you know what this Optix334 guy went and did after I started ignoring him? He sent me a link to the latest RSI Monthly update. Are you loving kidding me. As if reading it will all of sudden make this pile of poo poo suddenly be an actual game.

So I've posted this all here and surely this guy will see it and know who I am and you know what, I couldn't give a gently caress anymore. There is no games journalism worth a toss any more in this industry, and there is something very very wrong with these guys who seem to be completely oblivious and genuinely in denial about it all.

I've voiced a hell of a lot of strong criticism at Elite and given mighty credit when it's due as well. It's an amazing piece of work and there's more to it than most people, even guys with hundreds of hours, realise. And it's getting trash talked by these fuckers? And this dude is hating on NMS too?

gently caress them, gently caress them gently caress them gently caress them gently caress them.

Thank you, I got my $10 worth.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Hello SomethingJones, welcome to the forum and to the thread!

Also, please :lurkmore:

Thank you and you know what, I had to get that out of me. This is the only place they don't come, mostly. Mostly.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Samizdata posted:

Yeah. You can look at the poop, but you don't TOUCH the poop.

See here.

Nobody told me if I touched the poop it would leap onto my face and force itself down my throat like a manic trout.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
It's infuriating. Every time Elite gets something new, someone will be along to tell everyone how SC will have this also but better, and it's only because Elite started development in 1858 that they get it first.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Skellybones posted:

Now THAT'S a metaphor.

Tortured manic trout would have been better.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

DOMDOM posted:

Which is why I squeal with glee every time I see one of the cultists use the "but its alpha" defense

Nawwwwwwwww son, we ain't even close to alpha

Outside the RSI forums the line is "everything is working, it has loads of ships, the gameplay is amazing, people are patrolling the skies".
Inside the RSI forums the line is "of course it doesn't work it's alpha"

Outside of RSI all the comments on gaming sites etc are marketing, they shut down each objection with 'facts', like a salesman is trained to do. Get the objection, nullify it, repeat. Every objection/complaint is now well known and has a default response.
Inside of RSI these same objections / complaints are just shut down and the poster mocked into looking like he doesn't know what he's doing.

It's all marketing, all of it, either by design or bizarre coincidence.

Also catte.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Q: Are there any plans to streamline patch sizes?

A: So yes absolutely we have a plan in fact I sat down ah earlier this week which would be the previous week to you seeing this cos we're recording this on Friday and you um watch us on Monday, ehm but ehmmmm yeah I think we have a really aahhh cool plan that's very configured to ah our new development paradigm ah, you know, ah, not saying new for us but sort of the new paradigm of what WE'RE doing which is constantly ehm, you know, building, testing, DEPLOYING ah both internally and then externally to, ah, you know, you guys in the community ahm first level and so the um public test universe the PTU and then of course the live and so, you know we need a solution that we can be... BUILDING rapidly and iterating rapidly and getting to as efficiently as possible and our current one is not the best, cos it has the sort of big monolithic pack files, each pack file... is... two gigs, and there's quite a few of 'em, and if one file changes in it you have to build the whole pack file and the way our... BUILD SYSTEM works and all the DATA is we have to rebuild all the DATA, ah, into the pack files right now, ah ...

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Mr.Tophat posted:

Is this verbatim? Not that I doubt it.

This poo poo is PRE-RECORDED. gently caress.

100% verbatim. He can't even script his answers. And his wife has clearly given him some marketing terms to try and use, and it has confused him.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Q: Aside from shopkeepers, quest-givers and other NPCs considered essential in other games, are NPCs in a given area going to be generated randomly based on the current environment and the parameters set in the area?

A: (looks worried) So what's gonna happen is... the... we have a universe simulation that runs on a separate server, and that's much more a sort of... BIG PICTURE simulation, think of it like, I dunno, a... a... CIVILIZATION game or something like that, sort of a slower turn based game and that actually is simulating the universe, what all the NPCs are doing sort of on a macro basis, who's trading with WHAT, what's producing WHAT, what goods are needed WHERE, where pirates are attacking and so the general outcomes of those results are all happening on the universe simulation in its own process... and then that's getting trickled down into the local game servers that are all the players, i.e. you guys are attaching to and playing in, and... and... the... the... SNAPSHOT of what's happening on the universe server is then sort of carried across the game server so what would happen is for instance... ah you know, if you were down on ah ah a PLANET it would say "OK well you know ah, this planet is a MINING planet and ah, you know, so, I will generate, ah, you know, and the population is *this* size... ah... therefore ah you know we'll probably populate the landing area with X number of NPCs, OF the X number of NPCs... 60% of them will be MINERS, and we'll have, you know, LAW ENFORCEMENT and you know, and we'll have some service workers like in the bars and stuff like that, and it will all be sort of generated by, ah... the... DATA that... is pushed down or pulled down from the universe server and so ......

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Q: Within the context of fantasy space flight ... Should there be an advantage to getting on your target's 'six' and staying there, or is that pretty much negated by 6DOF flight?

A: I will say that in all circumstances even with, you know, six degrees of freedom and the ability to, ah, you know, do lateral and horizontal and... ah... you know... vertical, sort of em, strafing, ah, as well as sort of, ah, you know, change your orientation and maybe not your velocity vector, ah, which is sort of the decoupled stuff, um, always getting on, ah, you know, getting BEHIND someone, or in their BLIND SIDE is a bit of an advantage, now the difference, in, ah, our system and flight model if you're a good pilot, is you'll be able to get out of that situation, you'll have more OPTIONS than you do in regular atmospheric, ah, you know air combat manoeuvring, but, em, you know, obviously you wanna get BEHIND someone because, you know, ah they can't bring their gun... you know, most guns are forward facing also visibility's usually forward facing so you know OUTSIDE OF the bigger ships with turrets then you know, ah, getting behind, ah, people or someone in a dogfight is usually, ah, it will give you an edge and advantage even if they can recover from it... ah, quicker than they can in, ah, you know, traditional, you know, ah, CURRENT DAY, atmospheric, ah, air combat.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Ravane posted:

FFS, I thought this was parody. -_-

This is word for word my friend, I have never watched one of these 10FTC before but I've lurked this thread for ages. People need to see this. If you were interviewing this guy for a management position and his answers were like this, would you hire him?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Q: We already have a flyable Constellation and a flyable P-52 Merlin. How far are we from a workable tech for docking and undocking? Is this something we can expect in the near future or is this a functionality planned further down the line?

A: Yeah ah you know I really wanna actually get the fifty... P52 and the Constellation, ah, to WORK together cos they're, they're MEANT to... to... work together, it is probably something we will ah, start to work on with ah, Craig after... Craig Gransell who's done the sort of landing system, he's still got some... landing system stuff that he's wrapping up for Squadron FORTY TWO and some... enhancements for Star Citizen and that, this will probably be the next... TASK to get this working it's not THAT difficult, I mean basically you just kinda wanna get... it's just like the landing system really you get in a certain area and then you say Ok... DOCK and then we'll just sorta bring you in and CONNECT you and the Merlin will be attached to the Constellation and then, hopefully you can get out and you should just be able to enter into the... back of the Constellation so ah, I do wanna (incoherent mumble) cos it's ah, NOT... that difficult technically to get working it's really just people have had a whole bunch of other things they're working on first, ah for instance you know we... ah... you know... HAVEN'T SHOWN IT YET, but you know we have an IDRIS FLYING AROUND and you can land inside it and take off inside it and, em, walk around it and it's pretty cool so um, ah, that was sort of the higher priority and we've still got some stuff to do on the bigger ships in terms of ah.... ..... sadjkf hasdlkjfhasdkbjlsdafldsfal kjasdlalsdfhldsf kladsflald hdh dsfjk

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Q: So the Endeavour has bio domes. What will be the point of farming? And will there be bacon farming?

A: Well the point of farming will be... ah, you know, the BIO DOMES will allow you to grow, ah, agriculture, you know, crops, ah, and you'll be able to... SELL those, probably for a premium so the idea will be, the Bio Domes in the Endeavour are sort of growing things that you couldn't normally necessarily grow on a planet, and you can maybe sell for a premium, whatever it would be, ah, I'm sure lotsa people will go "SPACE WEED!" but um, you know there'll be plenty of other things too, ahaha, um, so... you know it's, it's ah, it's a sort of farming mechanic, so you'd have that in, ah, you know you'd have that in space, you'd maintain it like perhaps you know, you have to take the... your ship would have to be a certain distance from the local system STAR or, you know you'd have to tend, fend for it make sure it's... ah, you know GROWN in, you know, like, perhaps the lower gravity setup makes you able to grow a better strain of... whatever it will be, WHEAT etc ah, so there you go

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

A Spider Covets posted:

my husband is cooking dinner tonight and our cat Bear was following him around the kitchen, crying. so he got the idea to pull up a chair for the cat and let him watch as he cooked

bear is very pleased

This is the best cat I have ever seen.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Enot posted:

This thread is becoming the new INN where they transcribe every Chairman's word. Also, How can anybody watch these 10FTC unless they are smoking that sweet space weed?

Honestly it's the funniest thing I've seen in ages, and I'm doing it completely for my own amusement.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

XK posted:

I refuse to believe that's something he actually said. I also refuse to watch to confirm for myself.

I want to make a version of the entire video with closed captions, karaoke style.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Q: You've talked about consulting linguists for alien languages, are you talking to exobiologists, exoplanetologists and exo-climatologists for direction and help in designing the ecosystems and climates of alien planets?

A: That's a good question, ehhh... I... we do... we have done a certain amount of, ah, working with a local school, here, in LA actually, ah so at UCLA we've been dealing with some sort of astrophysicists and, and their ILK in ah terms of ah, laying out our star systems and what kind of planets will be what distance from the stars and... that sort of direc... you know, that sort of dictates um, the type of, ah, planet and you know to a certain extent what we do is we say "well we want this kind of planet", and then we talk to, um, you know the folks that really know and say "so what situation could we potentially get this planet in" and "WELL maybe it needs to be this distance, this many AU from the STAR and DA-DA-DA" and, and so that's sort of how we on a macro side been doing the star system map, and some of that will filter in to the PROCEDURAL TECH ah but it's still early days on um (looks at question) the... you know, kinda figuring out the ecosystem of the planets and the weather patterns and all the rest of the stuff, so I mean I would guess that we would tend to go a little bit more towards a DESIGNED approach where like, you know it's like, take a view, take a look at HOTH it's a, you know it's an ICE PLANET, and it's COOL, but it, you know, IS THE WHOLE PLANET COVERED IN SNOW?

Or is it, you know, I mean it certainly looks like it when you watch the movie... ah... would that be realistic, would there ever be life on a planet like that? Maybe, maybe not I don't know but, you know, it's... you sort of very much define the planets like you know, you have, using my Star Wars reference here but you know, HOTH is the ICE PLANET and you know, TATTOONYEN... TATTOO... TATTOO-EE-IN is like the DESERT PLANET you know and so, and you got... ah you go to the eh DAH-GO-BAH system and that's all like this swampy jungle thing, and you know very much in Star Wars they sort of focus the planets to sort of feel like...

it's a TYPE it's a JUNGLE or it's a.... ICE PLANET or it's a DESERT PLANET um, so, eh we'll probably do a little bit of that

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 8, 2016

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
10FTC Outro

So there you go that's the end of my uh ANSWERS, eh, for Ten For The Chairman thank you guys for listening, hopefully some of the answers were.... informative or useful for you guys so thank you to all the subscribers that enable us to put together content like this and all the other stuff that we do, ah, here at, ah, for Star Citizen at Roberts Space Industries, and um... thank you to all the backers cos without all you guys contributing and supporting the project, ah, we wouldn't be where we are now, it's.... PRETTY MONUMENTAL ah but it's enabling us to build something that I don't think anyone would have ever conceived you could build and certainly no publisher would have ever dreamed of doing, ah we aren't there yet! But we're getting there I think you can sort of see the progress, ah, you know there's more and more features and gameplay coming along the line on STAR CITIZEN ALPHA you know TWO POINT X LIVE as we go, and this year there'll be a lot of stuff that comes online that I think will really sort of add to the experience but even right now in sort of TWO POINT ONE... now... TWO POINT TWO there's just... there's a lot of COOL IMMERSION GAMEPLAY that's happening and there'll be more of that happening and uh... you know I think we're building something that long term's gonna be...well it's the game I wanna play and I think the game I hope a lot of you guys wanna play

(My brain has now sucked itself out of my nostrils)

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D_Smart posted:

There is a high profile exit in the works.

Does the new leaver know if the ice planet Hoth IS COMPLETELY COVERED IN SNOW? I mean, it looks like it is in the movie, but I mean, could there really be life there?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

fuctifino posted:

Also, these SA transcripts are loving hilarious. Has anyone posted them to reddit as a complete verbatim transcript of 10FTC?

I'm not going anywhere near that loving place, but I would sure love to see someone else do it

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Was the alien languages question in this weeks 10 thing? I wanted to compare your transcript to it, but it didn't jump out at me. The closing transcript though is pretty good. I might not have capitalized some statements since I don't think he emphasized them. But drat, you are right on with all the ums, ahs and pauses.

So, thanks for the transcripts. Normally I don't listen to these, but I just had to see if it really was that poor.

Yes, Ep 78. It's all in there, word for word. It's amazing. How 'bout that Hoth planet though, do you think it's really covered in snow?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D1E posted:

Chris Roberts is dumb.

He's not dumb, he's stoned out of his head. Not even joking about that, I have friends who ended up like this, daily weed over many many years does this to some people. I had to cut the weed right down to 'rarely', I can see all the signs. His head is hosed. I would bet money on it, although probably not $108,000,000.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

orcinus posted:

Can someone get someone to read Crobarts' transcripts with a valley girl accent?

He does actually break into a valley accent in one of the answers, but I'm not going back to find it, ever.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ewe2 posted:

Well, this will be a challenge to set to music :gary:

That was my fists landing on the keyboard

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Lime Tonics posted:

I knew something sounded familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLvZfrXPchg

go to 8:40 in the vid.

paarp

From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 44 (2014.11.10)

Q: With 90% of the universe's inhabitants being AI, will what we do effect (sic) some of them follow our lead. For example, if a subsection of the community try to setup a blockade, will a subset of the NPCs join in help while others oppose?

A: Well definitely the actions of players in the world and the economy will affect AI, because essentially the AI are program... they have you know, I've given the example of, ah, um, you know, FACTORY needs ah, TEN TONS OF ORE, so basically creates a mission says, "I want someone to deliver TEN TONS OF ORE" someone takes the mission, whether it's an AI or a player to deliver TEN TONS OF ORE. They get attacked by PIRATES! Uhm, the shipment doesn't get through the factory, the factory doesn't have raw materials now it can't be making the goods that it needs to make, so it puts another mission out for another TEN TONS OF ORE but THIS TIME it also hires some MERCENARIES to escort the merchant ship bringing the TEN TONS OF ORE because PIRATES have attacked it.

Ah, so now all of a sudden it's hired either... either... other... other NPCs or other players, to be... part of the mission the second time around to make sure that the shipment of ore comes through. And so all the AI sort of have CAUSE and REACTION stuff that happens, ah, that is CAUSE and REACTION to something that a player does or something that an AI does so, a... player's action... will... have a CAUSE and EFFECT inside the ECONOMY which will, um, essentially have either AI or the players sort of react to those actions so ah, I would say that, eh, ah, if you're doing a blockade then em, for instance, the economic nodes on the planet that need the stuff, ah, would probably be hiring AI or other players to help break the blockade, and the players, uhm, PERFORMING the blockade could hire other AI or PLAYERS to help 'em, ahm, you know, keep the blockade, so, there you go.

(The gently caress did any of you guys fall for this nonsense?)

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Midnight Voyager posted:

Holy poo poo, you're not the only one. I think I just forgot half my vocabulary.

It's insane and weirdly fascinating. So this is the source material that the white knights are using to defend this crap? When you actually lay it out in black and white in front of you, it's all absolute nonsense. Every bit of it. And the clip I just did from 2014 is very different to the latest one in that CR does appear to have gone quite mad over the last couple of years.

I've satisfied myself now that the guys posting all over the place saying that SC will have THIS and THAT are basing all of that on NOTHING but their own imaginations. I am stunned that this isn't a bigger deal considering the amount of money involved. If anyone is reading this and has money in this thing for the love of god take it out now.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

starkebn posted:

Complete bullshit. Stuff that will never happen.

It doesn't even make any sense to begin with! He's explaining how this will work to the guys funding the game and it makes no sense. If what he's talking about was specced out in any way he could present a clear, logical way in which this will work. Read it again and even though it's painful try and follow what he is saying. It makes no sense, it never did. Maybe this isn't news to you guys in which case sorry for this post.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

This is a beautiful thing!

Now go back and do all the "You knows"

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

MedicineHut posted:

Meanwhile, over at the international community...

That's a swipe at Elite's distress signals and unidentified signal sources. Also I don't know how to do nested quotes.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Insider scoop of what was really on the screen.

Fifty points if you can spot the roll of wank tissues.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

darkarchon posted:

You liar. It's just the home row, no way that were your fists. You clearly understand nothing of keyboard development.

My fists are very tiny because they have only been in development for 0.08 seconds, and you would know if you bothered to do your research properly, that this means they are developing exponentially faster than any other fists ever. I could post proof but there is no point as you are a troll and also you are Derek Smart.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 78
Mar 7, 2016
@ 19m50s

Q: Now that Vulkan is officially released, has the Frankfurt team had the chance to dive in to see about supporting this API alongside DirectX12?

A: We have looked at VULKAN, ah, we're pretty excited by it, ahhh so we are, considering our options, ah, between Vulkan and DirectX12, ah, we haven't made a full decision yet but... um... you know, eh, v...vulkan... vulkan has some advantages in most... you know... the biggest one being AS LONG AS IT WORKS PROPERLY, ah, that, ah... eh, you know, it... it can work on a PC, but also can work on LINUX... work on other platforms... ah, whereas DirectX12 is specifically just for WINDOWS... ah... they're both very similar architectures I mean essentially Vulkan's not that different from what MANTLE was originally set up to BE, so, um... *tut* you know, we, we're considering it, you... you NEVER KNOW whether we will... do... DIRECTX12 or VULKAN first.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

LMAO

The 'competition' has already moved into VR, and a lot of Elite guys with DK2s (running 1080p@90fps) are already talking about the 4k OLED headset displays.
SC has totally missed the boat on VR.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

VealCutlet posted:

FYI, I'm Sandi Gardiner. Stop talking poo poo about my husband you pubey fucks

Hi Sandi!

How does it feel to be marketing a product that is being surpassed and overtaken in every substantial way by a growing number of titles in the same genre?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Q: What's the difference between stealth and stealthy in the Star Citizen universe?

A: Uhm well in this particular case its, (inaudible), in, (inaudible) (something) Star Citizen universe there's probably no practical difference, there (mumble) probably different levels of stealth and so on, uhm, in terms of SPACECRAFT DESIGN it's *INTENT*. Uhm... the SABRE is... it's a modern military dogfighter it's the HOT NEW, uh, NEW HOTNESS... SPACECRAFT and the idea there is... is... you know it's our equivalent of the F22 or the F35 it's... it's the NEW THING and it INCORPORATES you know... all the advances in STEALTH that have been made from the 1970s, 1980s, and uh, it does them, as part of being a FIGHTER so it is a FIGHTER that is STEALTH. Ah... hold on just a moment...

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
From Bensday with Batgirl & Ben episode 45
Mar 9, 2016 @ 19:06

Q: Do you have a TENTATIVE list of features and content that when it's in place you can say, this is the PTU?

A: Well we... so two things there, yes we do have the... VISION LIST... the... here are all the things that we need to have to make the game (air quotes) RELEASED, uhm, which is... I... probably not in a position to share that right now but it's... it's, you know you probably have to have all the careers, mining, exploration, uh, passenger travel and so on and so on, you have to have all the SHIPS, you have to have, uh, you know X Y Z, things we've PROMISED so... we... we... we keep very very close track of that in confluence, ah, you know, here's all the things we've TALKED ABOUT, here's where they are, uhm, and, you know, that... that's just you know... you know, start at the very very early part of the project was coming up with that list and then building it out to developers as we go along. You (mumble) doing mining and then once that's done (mumble) and that's all part of the production process, uh, uhm... does that answer that question?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Mar 9, 2016 @ 21:25

Q: You explained this before, actually Chris did (Ben grimaces), I can understand how shield protection varies between energy and ballistic types, but how would a shield system determine whether a small piece of metal coming from it was exploding from a missile or a barrel of a gun?

A: Uhm ... what did... ya whoah did ehp did eh woh did... it's not... missile versus gun it's ballistic versus energy, so uh, you know a mass driver cannon shoots SLUGS... is... same thing as a missile in that sense, where a laser cannon is the other category it's just... the dividing line is different from where they're thinking.

(this is mental, guys this company is totally mental)

e: I wish every day could be Bensday

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 9, 2016

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Mar 9, 2016 @ 23:40

Q: Do you have more detailed information about events that we'll be having in Gamescom?

A: Not yet, uhm... it's... it's... I got a bunch of PMs from folks that (mumble) we're doing, we DON'T have the details yet, there will be fffffffour? I think? Backer, offsite backer events throughout the week... uhm... so... hopefully they catch everybody who might be coming to the show at anytime... uhm...

Q: And possibly something from Chris at some point, possibly not...?

A: Oh, see, (mumble mumble mumble) talked about this a little bit, uhm, 'cos people are saying "oh you guys are coming to Gamescom are you not doing the BIG PARTY?", we're not doing the BIG PARTY because... we don't want to you know, tilt the team in any way to doing a demo for that, the plan is instead to show off wherever we are... at that point... uhm, I am one hundred, one hundred ten whatever percent sure there's gonna be some... REALLY COOL STUFF, but ah, not... we're just gonna present a little bit differently so we didn't want to say... you know, when you've spent th.. eight... (mumble) THOUSAND DOLLARS to rent the venue and set up everything and s-stage and so on, you need to have something... DECIDEDLY ready you need people dedicated to building that, and we'd rather those people work on... Squadron 42, work on iterative Star Citizen patches but uhm, you know... we... we're already getting to the point where like the procedural guys are coming up with STUFF and... that's so much better than I thought let's show that at Gamescom, eh... expect plenty of news, just not the... not the KEYNOTE PRESENTATION, we... we'll still have the BACKER VESTS so you don't have to be... you don't have to sign up for the show or anything, we'll have offsite backer events, we'll do the BEER GARDEN, stuff like that, so, it... we'll all be there I'll be there ah, my whole team will be there (rubs nose)... um, and ... the... (mumble) social stuff and there'll be ANNOUNCMENTS and we'll be showing stuff off... and we have some other surprises in store for what we're doing on the show floor also.

(Ben looks loving knackered after that)

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D_Smart posted:

what in the ever luving gently caress?!? I mean, does these people have ANY loving idea?

Derek I honestly thought you were off your loving rocker the way you were going on about this project, so I decided to actually look at the SOURCE where these fanboys are getting their nonsense from, and it's so shocking I have to sit and type it out so that people who can't be hosed watching the videos can see it.

What in the name of living gently caress are any of these people talking about? There IS no game! There never was! It's amazing and hilarious.

Also you owe me a refund for the Amiga version of Battlecruiser 3000AD, what the gently caress was that all about

• Locked thread