Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Fatkraken posted:

:colbert: BISCUIT TIME :colbert:

Those are good, shiny cookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I actually believe there's a lot to this, they tap into a population of millions of unnecessary and unemployable dudes who've never felt needed by anyone before in their lives

For those who don't know, this is similar to japan's 'Hikkikomori' phenomenon that has its origins in the 1991 economic crash and subsequent 'Lost Decade', now lost 20 years. Also see, lost generation. Wikipedia, as usual, has an article detailing it, and the ways our current situation mimics theirs is kinda spooky. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Pilz posted:

For those who don't know, this is similar to japan's 'Hikkikomori' phenomenon that has its origins in the 1991 economic crash and subsequent 'Lost Decade', now lost 20 years. Also see, lost generation. Wikipedia, as usual, has an article detailing it, and the ways our current situation mimics theirs is kinda spooky. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)

Except instead of *dreams* you got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnNB6O_ztNk

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

OH GOD HE FEELS HARASSED

I can't tell who I'm rooting for, without further context they both look like assholes.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

:sterv:

Thanks you've saved me from the sin of masturbation for at least the next week

You're welcome!

Also HA I knew there had to be one featuring boys elsewhere. The anime-industrial complex is far too savvy to let fujoshi go unpandered to.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

DigitalMocking posted:

Good lord, leave the thread for two weeks and ...

I was wondering what everyone thought about the new 'schedule' and that janky shooter poo poo they had to show.

Schedule's a hilarious attempt to garner trust and rake in a final few waves of cash. It's somehow working.

CIG managed to make a shooter in Cryengine except maybe possibly a ton of it was staged and poo poo was disabled so it wouldn't crash constantly. Still kinda surprised they got together what they did.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

We've been expecting the "final few waves of cash" at least a couple dozen times by now, if the backers haven't woken up yet they're not likely to do so anytime soon

The most we can honestly expect is the occasional streetroller-type convert, getting out after some seemingly arbitrary gently caress-up. Better settle in for a long, long ride.

M-maybe this is really it, though! Maybe the backers will finally wake up! Accountability will be had, Crobber, Sandy and Ortwin will be fined/jailed for fraud, and someone ELSE will make the BDSSE!
I can dream, can't I? :(

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Grain I think. So more carbs.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer
Is this what you guys mean when you're talking about issues with 64bit precision?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdFG2GcNuA&t=311s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

While most backers are subconsciously fighting the urge to grow up, this guy is having a public fist fight with it.

"Things were much more fun 10-15 years ago. This is my last chance to force myself to feel like I did 10-15 years ago."

A lack of interest in things you used to enjoy is a symptom of depression, more so if it is exhaustive in scope. I feel really bad for him, burnout is poo poo and bad and loving miserable.

• Locked thread