Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

EightAce posted:

Who's excited to see a sq42 trailer tomorrow on atv !!

An in-game, non-faked sq42 trailer?

Did Erin fix those 2 minor animation glitches which completely prevented them from demoing sq42 at Citcon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Thanks to those of you posting that you liked the latest blog.

Funny thing is that I didn't even want to write it. I actually started it after the show because people kept asking for my thoughts (even though I was on the stream taking the piss, the whole time).

For some yet-to-be-determined reason, I was just so very upset writing this one. I dunno if it's because I know that all of this could have been avoided had people actually heeded my warnings, stopped giving croberts money, and held him accountable, or what. But there it is.

Nice summary!

In your analysis of the Homestead demo, you didn't mention that the playable area on the planet was only a couple of square miles, or did I miss that?

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

EightAce posted:

Guys. The demo was legit in as far as it was a height map procedurally generated on a surface. Also the assets were ported in and the modular environment art was placed in an editor. Everything else was either scripted or had a simple animation set on loop. There was no ai and the lods popping in and out was shocking. That was in a controlled environment with one guy at the helm. Imagine flying your 1km long chariot with a crew of 40 fellow spergs into that planet and meeting fellow cultists in equally as unfeasible chariots . To even render 1 procedural rock while that's happening you would have to get your pc rig from a secret pentagon test facility. It's all horse poo poo and will never as in loving never happen

Additionally, the playable terrain layer (i.e., where you can land, walk, drive around) seemed to be only a small patch of the planet surface.

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Additionally it was literally a star wars film

It was Dune Wars - A New Nope

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

EightAce posted:

For gently caress sake how the hell can you have a persistent Base in a precedural environment. It's a unique instance .

Chris just saw that base building demo of Dual Universe and swiftly decided that SC will have now voxel space too, on top of all the other features. Should be ezy!

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

ripptide posted:

Sure. Procedurally generate your 100GB planet locally, upload to the cloud server, have it integrate it into the master universe file, continuously update it and send it downstream to anyone who happens to land there......no probs at all.

No biggie. Your smart phone will be powerful enough to run this locally, when the game gets released.

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

D_Smart posted:

It didn't go into that sort of specifics because I have no information as to how big that surface area was. If someone has it - and we can verify it - I will surely add it.

Fair enough. At the beginning of the demo (see cleaned up version below), the region where the flying to is quite notably more detailed than the rest of the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

Daztek posted:

Dunno when I'll get around to finishing this, it's delayed indefinitely delayed until 2016 some future undefined date, but have a dumb WIP video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlourXKu5Gc

:five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five:

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016
:trumppop:

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016
Apparently, Derek just got banned from the Frontier forums. Did Sandi threaten to send her Barista over?

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

EightAce posted:

Which alt ?

dsmart, I suppose

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

D_Smart posted:

*sigh*

It's a temp-ban that expires later today. Here's how it went down

So I login and got this message:

Here's why (below).

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259596-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v5?p=4634781&viewfull=1#post4634781

Then Marak (in that thread) said that SA was behind a paywall.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259596-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v5?p=4634784&viewfull=1#post4634784

So I then copied and pasted the post from SA, with a warning that if I got banned, I was blaming him (Marak).

I got temp banned

I think I may have missed some of the words that they don't allow over there. You're not even allowed to do stuff like f*ck; because they say you are trying to bypass the swear filter, thus breaking the rules.

I c. Seems that intel hasn't reached r/DS yet. Because the spergs there are throwing a major party over this.

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016
TL;DR: PC Gamer declaring shitizens medically insane.

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

OK, I'm done with the current videos

Oh snap! Too close to the truth.

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016
Just checked Derek's article. BTW, the guy legitimately complaining yesterday, see below, seemingly got kicked out by his org shortly after for being a filthy infidel.

e: tax

cupitor fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 5, 2016

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

TheAgent posted:

as of October 15th, 2016 they didn't have a basic vertical slice demo of sq42 mission dialogue ready

they are still at least 2 to 3 years out for sq42

4 to 5 for SC

at minimum

Is this an estimate by CIG staff?!

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

:trumppop: :yarg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

So while the dust settled I thought I'd play some SC and make a video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=223HFmhtOOY

:five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

• Locked thread