Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT TO EXPLORE THE 'VERSE, MY FRIENDS.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
He literally saves the protagonist like some kind of angel ascending from heaven

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Kurt watches The Man in the High Castle and wonders why all the main characters have a problem with everything

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lmao that looks like it was carved from a bar of grey soap

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
his fathers wrists probably look exactly the same.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
when he creates irreconcilable family troubles after cussing out his 12 year old niece for failing to maintain shield integrity :allears:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Imagine if you will, an adult in the future, laying on the therapists counch,

"Well, I guess I really started feeling this way when dad found Star Citizen...."

Spent a childhood currying for favor and love from a fat whale star citizen, who only showed you appreciation when you were able to shoot down an AI space ship.

Lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
when they start enforcing pirate and bushido code that wont be a concern

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mirificus posted:

Poor Sandi. No one even noticed that she isn't on the poster.

she is but its really tiny :(

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
They put that much detail in the loving missiles?

edit: the comments are gross :(

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 9, 2015

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Like no one expects them to have furniture composed of milk crates and plywood and poo poo, but I'd be so pissed if I gave money to these people so they could have an MiG17 in various pieces throughout the office.

I understand some offices have decor that makes CIG look like a trailer park in louisiana, but there is just something so tacky and offensive about this to me.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

fuctifino posted:

They had a subscriber livestream earlier. Did anyone catch it?

Also compare the size of the little normal-sized guy to Ben.

what a horribly ugly group of people hahahahahaha its like the family from texas chainsaw massacre or some rob zombie movie

green shirt guy probably the only one not registered

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Obviously whatever you can dream up you can do

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Retribution
Part One

When I think back to that day, I'm reminded that it was the day that I let the darkness of the Galaxy take root in my soul in it's entirety. It's tendrils strangling what little hope I had to lead a normal life. I was certain that I had left my past behind me, that it would not interfere in my wishes for a regular life of working in a nine-to-five with a beautiful family. How wrong I was.

It was supposed to be a pleasant family vacation to Terra, a planet which I had been to countless times in the past when I worked for the UEE. My family didn't know of that past, however. In their version of my history, I had never left Earth just as they hadn't. I had been UEE Guard, a branch that never left orbit of Earth and protected its interests on the ground. However, I was much much more than a simple guardsman. I was what the UEE called a "Cleaner". Someone who took care of high priority targets when diplomatic avenues broke down. I wiped them from existence and made them disappear. It was a dirty job, but someone had to do it. Much better me than someone else who might make a mistake.

I'll start from the beginning of the story, so as not to confuse anyone who might read my memoirs. Judge me if you must, but remember...you weren't there.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what happened to the goon with the kermit avatar who "dealt in information" or whatever

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

so you're a fake spy in a fake game, correct?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Literally Kermit posted:

I run a fake private military company in a fake game now! I still spy now and then. Subcontracting is where it is at man

Anyway what can I do ya fed

nothin' just having a good time. My previous post of some guys fanfic reminded me of you is all

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I wish Judge Judy was the trial judge for SC court if it ever happened.

"mumble mumble dreams mumble" - Chris Roberts

"*mimics mumbling, rolls eyes* Judgement in favor or Derek Smart et al" pounds hammer.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I think, but I'm no expert, but the whales justify those quotes being about VISION 1.0

Why they don't question his changing visions is beyond me.

Maybe its because they are a cult who knows!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Even better, if some cheese way to grind money was exploited and everyone could have one in like 4 hours ahaha

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
How much does a space therapy session cost? This is operating under the assumption that a bloody mary is 5k space dollars and a space ship is only 20k space dollars.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 21, 2015

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
dont do it, do not

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Beer!

I know that I'm just a random white noise poster, but I've been following these threads since the refund one that you posted anyhow.

I hope that my question isn't too personal and my apologies if so. I was wondering if before you were exiled by CIG, would you have counted Lesnick among your friends? Lately I notice you trouncing on him quickly (and deservedly) so I'm assuming there is no love lost between y'all now.

It just has me wondering how possibly Lesnick is losing friends and relationships, and if he even cares because there are a hundred sycophants to fill the void. Like LOL at this game because from the outside looking in, this game has done absolutely done nothing but ruin lives.

Just some thoughts I had last night when the power was out...~

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

peter gabriel posted:

I'm picturing you scribbling these thoughts out by candle light

I did, and I also had a cat jpeg, glued to a plastic straw, dancing with the power of the heat rising from the candle

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

DoctorStrangelove posted:

What do I get if I win the Lesnick challenge?

type II diabetes

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Pretty interesting stuff, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Of all the people in this, Lesnick probably intrigues me the most. Roberts and his wife are obviously trying to live in some fantasy land. I think Ben is as well to a certain extent, but it's hard for me, personally, to fathom how one could be in such a fantasy, while daily crushing dissent on the forums and all. I think watching his fantasy turning into a nightmare probably contributes a lot to his poor health.

Also I still don't really understand his place in the company. To me, he seems just like a forums admin but I guess he's a "developer" too so gently caress it if I know what he is other than King Toadie

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 22, 2015

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Ugh, I wanted to write an appeal to Lesnick to do the right thing, to exit with some grace, but whats the point, the fact is these people cannot be reasoned with.

edit: Thanks again for more info. Reading all of this poo poo makes one thing for certain, is that this game WILL go down in history books. Unfortunately it will be in the same chapter of games like Duke Nukem Forever.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 22, 2015

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Lesnick got so fat he fused to the couch that is CIG

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Be aware that changes to how the message board works will be decided by CIG staff and not an undying toxic message board conversation between self-interested parties.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Holy loving poo poo, I'm just poking around the "new citizens" forums and people are falling over themselves to post propaganda for this poo poo.

its something different all right

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Star Citizen - It's like Cookies

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

grimcreaper posted:

Welp, i caved guys. Got the Completionist package after i got all 9 of my new credit cards. Maxed them out for this gem. Come February i should be able to get atleast another few CC's so i can get that sweet sweet Javelin. I probably wont be able to eat for a long time, but i need to lose weight anyway.

+42 welcome to the verse citizen

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Wafflz posted:

Is this in the section you have to pay to read cause I suspect it is a hilarious thread. If it hasn't been deleted for some nebulous rule I mean.

No, I don't have any forums account over there. Its just the new recruits forum. It's mostly boring. People saying hi and the same guys posting walls of texts and youtube videos in every thread

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Come to think of it, I was probably confusing beer with bootcha wrt being friends before this all went down.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
To OP, I think it is indeed a problem, that game-devs are scared to make a move where they actually give females the disadvantages that they physiologically should have; like not being able to sprint nearly as fast for instance, or hit nearly as hard in hand to hand combat. In this case, it would not even have to be done to a large extent, just enough to make people consider whether it's worth getting a female character solely to the smaller hitbox - after all this way, there are a few drawbacks.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Bootcha posted:

At the end of this project, would I consider Ben a friend?

I have no loving clue.

I doubt he has one either.

That's sad :(

Funny, in an earlier post I was going to mention my experiences with the Army. Not regarding "thank you for your service" poo poo, but the feeling of sticking with a job even though you hate it to the core of your being and all, and how I can sort of empathize with Ben (in a vacuum, his actions negate a lot of my empathy)

edit: what the gently caress is Bar Citizen lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

grimcreaper posted:

Youd understand if you were a Concierge like Bootcha, myself, and all of D_Smart's alts.

uhh i created the concierge club, I hope you've shaved for this weeks meeting.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
at some point it will be Ben keeping the lights on at CIG, when they use him as fuel

edit: on that note:

at least its not getting traction

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

jaffyjaffy posted:

Gotcha. I assume there couldn't be any potential fallout of the chargeback getting denied, correct? I don't want CIG trying to sue me for "stealing" their product or something dumb like that. I don't know poo poo about the law behind the process, let alone the process itself beyond the post Beer made a few days ago.

I mean, thats kind of why the bank is there. You're claiming that you didn't receive product. The bank sends probably a certified/registered time sensitive piece of mail to CIG asking whats up with this.

CIG either proves they delivered or not. The bank rules judgement and thats it. I'm sure CIG can ban you and all of that, but I can't imagine in what universe that filing a counter suit would work out for CIG. Unless you're a whale in for like $35k, it wouldn't even be cost effective of them to file.

• Locked thread