Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Star Citizen Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Stop Buyin Ships Haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
No Man's Sky looks boring as gently caress

the worst words in the video game industry right now are "procedurally generated"

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
true. Crowdfunded, early access, and procedurally generated are indeed the worst things ever in the game industry. Funny thing is, all three of them aren't mutually exclusive and combined seem to be the majority.

Like Star Citizen, No Man's Sky is suffering from "we promise this is going to be awesome" vs actually showing us it will be awesome. At least no one has paid for No Man's Sky yet

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

You're really stupid and should shut up.

lol you are a sucker for advertising

how much did you spend on Star Citizen

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

KakerMix posted:

No Man's Sky is a game being made the old-school way though? If it's boring it's boring, it doesn't have people paying 20k for jpegs, doesn't have weird sexual assault fedora hellidiots macking on other people, it hasn't promised anything it can't deliver. It's a fundamental difference between No Man's Sky and Star Citizen. One of them has about a million more hours of in-game footage too.
I just don't get how someone can get mad at No Man's Sky when we have Star Citizen right in front of us. It might be boring but it's also not being evangelized so ??

i agree

i just wouldnt defend No Man's Sky until, you know, I actually play it

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

Not stopping you from ripping on it though like an idiot retard.

wow dude did you make No Mans Sky sorry I think the videos Ive seen look boring

wow this planet is named Hitler game of the year

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
cool kitten hats but i think what bootcha needs is a financial consultant

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Did Bootcha get his money back yet?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chalks posted:

A pretty balanced and extensive RPS article on the whole Star Citizen mess: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/27/star-citizen-101-what-is-it-and-why-is-it-controversial/

This mother loving poo poo faced click bait writing mother fucker

oh sorry I forgot which forum I was logged into

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
those greek recipes are garbage

im greek and the recipes posted all read as Better Homes and Garden versions of traditional recipes

I dont have any recipe I can cut and paste for what are called "Yemista" not "symrn'as favorite stuffed tomoatoes" or whatever but I guarantee every one of the greek recipes posted are not authentic. Who the gently caress puts raisins or mint in a stuffed tomato? Sugar? lol

sorry dante

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Weren't you going to stop being an rear end in a top hat

you're right. i shouldn't have gotten mad about the recipe; it's just a variation. Apparently jpgs get my blood boilin

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's okay man everyone gets angry about food once in a while :unsmith: just looking out for your blood pressure

Whenever I take my blood pressure it's a disaster but this thread taught me that if I look at a jpg of 120/80 everything is fine

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FireWhizzle posted:

Albion Online J4G Squad Assemble!

:greenangel:

Also no, I don't want to play this game... it looks terrible objectively.

You should check it out. They plan to add a shower in game, that you have to use every couple hours or npcs dont talk to you. Oh, and you know all the cargo they're going to add? You have to move it manually in and out of your ship with Skyrim capture controls. You can also set up factories that make items like napki ---

wait come back they're going to add spaceships, and places to go in spaceships, but that's still far in the futu---

no wait, hold on it's alpha bro it's alpha

edit: derek, stop doxxing poor reddit folk. keep your eyes on the prize

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Someone edit this scene adding D Smarts head to to guy in the passenger seat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQtUdZ5Afs

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
that's him in the 'verse

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

joats posted:

Me, when Derek started threatening handicapped internet sperglords

poor kid cant even escape reality in game

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
All this stuff is p funny but in the end, some kid is just hating on derek smart on the internet and while he seems obsessed, he's not doing anything wrong. I think calling his parents because of his tweets is funny, but overall, its pretty pathetic for Derek to get this upset over some one kid's opinions.

Derek's losing sight of why people are talking about him in 2015 and he's just back on his old-fashioned flame-war style of posting. so when he goes after a kid in a wheelchair, the revelation that Derek is just up his own butt right now is made more easily clear.

Get back to hating on the money, derek, not some kid who thinks SC is great and LoD is dumb.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If people called my dad for the poo poo I post online I'd be grounded.

Pointless little story: This story takes place with flip phones around 2005ish. I once left my phone in a cab around 3am. The cabbie found it, and used it to call the number labeled "Home" which was my parents house at 3am. My dad answered, and the cabbie, after figuring out he was my father said "I have your son's phone" but my dad who didn't understand the guys accent thought I had been kidnapped. He started yelling at the cabbie "Let my son go! I won't pay any ransom!!" so the cabbie hung up and called "Brother" who was my brother I was with that evening and I got my phone back, and then the cabbie regaled us with the story.

When I called my dad afterwards he was crying and said he had just called the police. I told him thanks for not agreeing to any ransom.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Agrajag posted:

hahahahaa it's nice knowing your dad will never pay a ransom to save your life. it's also hilarious that it's the first thing he blurts out in panic mode. :toot:

I know! At least wait and hear their offer, dad

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

WebDO posted:

I don't think you understand; I was not prognosticating on any particular case, simply supplying a medical fact for the edification of all

thread was edified

nice prognosticating

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LCL-Dead posted:

Over a month since refund request was submitted.

33 days since I got anything other than an automated "We haven't forgotten about you!" reply to my ticket.

Is there anyone out there with a ticket number higher than 133k that's gotten their poo poo resolved yet?

call their dad

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Randarkman posted:

So any new star citizen stuff on the horizon? A presentation or anything? Ship sale? Release (lol)?

Every time something happens its gold. Also did croberts sue the escapist?

all the lawsuits surrounding star citizen are as realized as all the stretch goals in star citizen

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys, check it out

delete *.*

should I? Nah... poo poo's too easy. Besides, you get raped on the way to the airport for your flight to a prison island by SS guys if you get caught. Oh poo poo, you think I might get caught?I was just joking. What if someone else does it? Oh no, I'll be blamed. I'm too young for Prison Island. I dont want to get raped. Oh god

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I've been searching for a 4 hour radio show about Star Citizen. The endless hours of people's terrible hour long videos on Youtube are not enough

Did Bootcha get his money back yet?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

EminusSleepus posted:

backing SC especially before Nov 2013 was as sound decision as it could be. things started to turn into a pile of poo poo during the week long anniversary sale that is when I found it that it is all about the JPEGS

pre-ordering video games is the exact opposite of a sound decision

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Klyith posted:

I can't wait for all the indie games 1-2 years from now, made by ex-CIG people who got an up close & personal lesson about making a game with achievable roadmaps and reasonable goals.

The craziest part about this mixing minigame is that so much of the full version of the game is required in place for it to serve any purpose

-They have to build the ship that basically a passenger plane (it's just a jpg right now)
-They have to make the ship flyable
-They have to have multi-crew in for the many seats inside
-They have to program NPCs that actually want a place to go
-They have to program NPCs to have individual demands
-They have to program ability to travel from star system to star system
-They have to program places to land
-They have to program a way to drop off and load NPCs
-They have to have a working economy to insert pricing

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Snazzy Frocks posted:

What is it about this 'game' that doing fake service jobs for fake in game currency is considered fun and interesting compared to real life service jobs that make you real life money.

True believers see no distinction between real life and the game

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Klyith posted:

no I'm pretty sure the craziest part about the drink mixing minigame is that somebody thought "a drink mixing minigame, that's a good and fun idea"

e:

but many of them don't have jobs in real life either

hey wanna shoot some spaceships down?

nah, I gotta serve drinks on a 4 hour desert bus simulator in space. maybe next time

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Bootcha did you get your money back yet or are you still making cat videos making fun of backers in for a fraction of what you invested?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I noticed that the star in the Castra system was apparently ejecting matter at super-luminal speeds.

e: actually they all are.

wow nice catch

until now, this game has been a flawless masterpiece. but super liminal motion? lol, burn the game into the ground

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Karl was right that bootcha isnt an investor. Investing a poo poo ton of cash then running errands for them makes me feel like they're comfy seeing how much they can take advantage of him. It's even sadder that Bootcha thinks a proper response to this is spending hours making songs about star citizen

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
at least Lesnick turned his obsession with Roberts and the project into a job. I'd say that's far more commendable than buying into SC

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LCL-Dead posted:

I'm on a government computer and your website is categorized as a "Games" website. No bueno.

I'll check it at home during my lunch break. Thanks for the attempt though.

Is Star Citizen categorized as a "Games" site by the government

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

sane

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Vox day is a person associated with gamergate, not a calendar date.

Just posting the info i figured out for all the normals

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think if I had spent $200+ on a game I would want it to be the final game I ever play too

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I saved PC Gaming once. AMA.

Basically, I don't like to talk about it since I don't like referring to myself as a hero. But essentially I was walking down the street, and old PC gaming was trying to cross it. A truck with the words, DLC, painted on the side almost ran over it, but I pushed PC gaming away (getting hit by the truck itself). That would've been the end of it, but unfortunately a Pay 2 Win was coming from the other direction; so I got up and used the last bit of my disposable income (dont worry I made it all back in the grey market) to push PC gaming to safety.

PC Gaming said thank you and rewarded me by letting me buy into beta-testing and play its games before they are released, polished, completed, or any good.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Loiosh posted:

Otherwise they couldn't have this glorious thing: https://www.mainperformancepc.com/product/obutto-gaming-cockpits/obutto-r3volution-gaming-cockpit/

I am totally trying to save for one

lol does that only support one monitor do they even know their audience

2nd joke attempt:
lol virginity machine

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
A reference to an espresso machine = Star Citizen reference
-goons who think too much about Star Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby