Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

I love this thread. I haven't played a space game since the X-Wing and TIE Fighter days, and this thread inspired me to get Elite Dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yo, get Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 if you like WW2 planes.

Or Rogue Squadron, whatevs

I will have to look into these, thanks!

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

I enjoy spending my workday watching livecams of sharks at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and reading this thread. Thank you, thread. Without you I'd be 50% more productive, and that's awful.

This shark cam is relaxing, I love learning about fun real things from this thread. I also purchased Elite and BF4 cause of this thread. Star Citizen thread keeps delivering!

Edit: Sea Otter cam!

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

If theyr'e dumb enough to call anyone a friend of the family, they're probably loving retarded and don't think a whole lot about their name being associated.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Eonwe posted:

I just had to know what an unabashed internet racist looks at on youtube

I did the same thing, couldn't help it.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Unfunny Poster posted:

Straight from the mouths of the citizens. Pedophiles are A-OK when compared to Goons.

:laffo:

Holy poo poo, these people are loving insane.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

The word Stimpire really annoys me for some reason.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Can I have lime kool-aid? That was my favorite when I was a kid.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Wise Learned Man posted:

I think there's something wonky with their pledge counter, because weekly view shows less than $0 being raised in the 49th week of last year. Incidentally, it also displays as if there were 53 weeks in 2015.

Lousy Smarch weather.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

My favorite/well one of many things about this whole debacle is all these shows they do. Who in their right mind would put any of these people out as the face of their product. You have no charisma woman, Ben and his wife gf whatever are repulsive to look at, and that homeless looking douche. No normal person would see that group of people and think yeah I want to get in on that.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

They are representative of their core demographic

I guess I'm just constantly amazed that they don't really bring anything useful to the table. It's not like they're programmers with brilliant insight or anything of value to add. I mean I understand and agree with you, it just breaks my brain.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Haha I fuckin love that analogy, then again I've been here on and off for ugh 13 years. I like dark tea unsweetened please!

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

What do you think would happen if Ben lost his necklace? I feel like that's his whole identity, also tuck the drat thing in.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

That Ben, always joking on his website about raping and children. He so silly.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

I just want to point out months ago there were some creepy pedo posts and poo poo on their forums that didnt get probated or banned. After seeing Ben's joke sight, makes sense now.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Bens joke website is great, this guy is like Andy Kaufman levels dedicated to his character.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

It was sort of embarassing at the store... It was where I reserved Wc stuff... and she'd find all these pokemon there and go "You caught that one! It's a Diglett!" ad nauseum... I mean, she totally screwed it up, it was Dugtrio... #11340

What a dumb bitch, how dare she. You were right to be embarassed.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Chris: When a horrible blog rife with racism, stalking, and pedophilia is discovered... the creators were always given a chance... to save face and scrub the site out of existance to save themselves and their company embarassment. Right?
Ben: Yeah, but only the rich guys, Chris. The little guys got fired and all their sites went to the Stimperors. Unless they went home and killed themselves, then nothing happened, and the jpegs....And the jpegs... the jpegs were taken care of.
Chris: That was a good break, a nice deal.
Ben: "They went home and sat in a hot bath and opened their veins, and bled to death. Sometimes they gave a little party before they did it.
Chris: "Don't worry about anything Ben."
Ben: "Thanks Chris. Thanks."

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

No, it means I like killing Americans... #4,984

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

But I always assumed that if I wanted to kill people, I could at least get a classroom worth. #18,017

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

I may not believe in many things, like God and the existance of babies, but there's one thing I stand by: kill 'em all. #13,278

Wait, out of 150 people dead none of them were Americans? That's the worst terrorist attack ever. You'd have to be the unluckiest terrorist in the universe to demolish an entire city block and not kill any Americans. #19,219

If this keeps up I'm going to have to either kill everybody or stop saying stupid things. And you know which one I'll choose. #18,954
I guess he chose the former.

Wow, I should go on a killing rampage. People who do that seem to be pretty popular. #16,323

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

You know what country has good terrorists? France... When I was living in Aix... these people bombed the city hall... but they payed all the homeless people outside to go away first. #4,890

And technically, she's not *my* three year old... I just kidnapped her. #20,108

But what if I meet my future wife, get married have children and the children become th e next hitlers... and then I'll never have the chance to have genocidal kids:~( #10,413

He so silly.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Money rules, let money host everything and be the new community face.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

That loving picture. hahaha looks like loving Shrek and his wife with some dwarfs next to them or some poo poo. Fucks sake get your poo poo together you 2.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Can someone post the glassdoor rebutle that threw the employees under the bus, that did happen this weekend didn't it?

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Weird how meltdowns keep happening after people talk about the glassdoor stuff; then it gets sidetracked for pages.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

kirsus posted:

Well, now it makes perfect sense why INN wouldn't even try to verify Beer's emails. You don't make the boss look stupid, even if she's done it herself.

* news catte:

Totally forgot about that since so much has happened since then.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Sedisp posted:

And you think computer game Ai can perceive it's surroundings.

Now I'm just a silly country boy; dont know nothing about this here game development. But wouldn't AI that did that be world changing, or at least a huge deal. Like something acknowledging its existence within a world seems pretty huge deal to me.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Waaaait, the killer is called The Pusher. Hmmmm. Pusher.

edit: poo poo ummm I don't have catte tax on me!
I have doggy though. Finally figured out how to embed pictures on here after all these years.

Sir Simon Milligan fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 7, 2016

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

orcinus posted:

Must pet.

She's down for that. Will lay on ground for hours while you rub her belly.
Last picture I promise, just excited to figure out pictures cause I'm a dork.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

That is amazing. And white noise post, this is probably best thread ever on the forums, it's up there for sure.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Is that a loving space pay-less shoes or something. What a joke.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

NO way is there a movie overseas. It's loving Monaco Grand Prix week. Just a lame excuse.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Going quiet on facebook probably means let's not post a picture of me on a giant loving yacht in Monaco this year. Ohhhh umm I have acting guys.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Kakarot posted:

More victims of friendly fire lol

Doh, I missed something it appears.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

G0RF posted:

Just so there's no real confusion for any casual visitors here... (I assume you know this Risc but since the paywall is down and we do get occasional outside visitors...)

The Facebook shot quoted above is a satirical retouch. Photoshop retouches of official CIG communications is a recurring satirical gag in this thread -- and a legacy more broadly of Mr.Lowtax's ancient humor website.

First, someone pastes in an official CIG tweet, RSI letter from the chairman, FB update, or what have you in the thread. Then others modify it, usually to make a satiric point. Both the gameplay screenshot on that monitor and the Facebook wall update text are modified.

What Sandi is really doing - besides taking her self-declared "first vacation" since CIG started - is unknown to us. We know it's not her first since she's tweeted and Facebooked other vacation photos. Nobody even cares if she takes vacations but why does she act like she hasn't sent out other vacation pics via those same channels? Ski trips with Chris or pics of her on a yacht in Monaco or whatever? It's just so :lol:

My reading comprehension feels grief. Guess I didn't look close enough. Also everyone should hang around Monaco during the GP, it's fun and you would have a fun time.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

How does one accidentally attend a furcon.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

G0RF posted:

Nobody knows. She said she's taking her first vacation since they started CIG and also said she's working on a "secret squirrel" project. So maybe she's in "Alvin and the Chipmunks 5: Nuts in Space".

Who knows?

I'm sticking to my Monaco guess.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Haha, I guessed on here a week ago that they were loving off to Monaco again. I'm sure it's all with their hard earned money that had saved up before the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Aww they made up. I'm glad.

• Locked thread