Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

who the hell designed the cockpits in the ships? It's like every single one of them is designed to obscure as much as possible around you. on second thought maybe that was on purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Do we know when we're going to see the economic systems? Because that's really what I'm interested in, and most worried about.

Considering how much they've gotten done so far I can't see it being more than 2 weeks away

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

G0RF posted:

There is nothing simple, nothing elegant, in the Star Citizen universe. Everything is so painfully overcomplicated.

This is the elegant cockpit of Elite's Imperial Clipper. Nothing to obscure your approach to the pilot or co-pilot's chairs, a view largely unobscured by unnecessary clutter (physical or digitally overlaid.)

This is a convoluted bloody mess from CIG. You have to sit backwards and be spun around every bloody time you want to fly the drat thing-- and there's no shortage of visual crap between you and your view of the Universe, lest you somehow forget you're in a big drat poorly designed Cyber Winnebago.

I swear if Chris Roberts were designing a car, he'd do away with circular wheels and replace them with dodecagons and come up with some rationale for why it's better for a vehicle NOT to roll smoothly over a surface, not when it can do a dozen microbumps per rotation.

Time to explore the universe! *stares at some random poorly rendered charts while waiting 5 minutes for my chair to spin around*

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Skellybones posted:

I hope the coders are being paid well.

we're making dreams here. there's no room for livable wages

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Lots of unhappy posts about marketing.

I find this amusing since it seems that marketing is the only thing they're actually competent at.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

what's the point of buying all these ships anyway? dont you play games to, you know, like get better stuff and whatnot? If I started a game with the best stuff available I'd probably play for a few minutes and then be like oh this is boring and quit.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Iglocska posted:

The idea is (if they don't mess it up of course...) that no matter which ship you start with, it will be poo poo since you'll have crappy equipment. Sure, with ships doing the same thing (for example a Hull B vs a Hull C or whatever the bigger transport is), the bigger will be better from the get go, but most of the ships have distinct roles and advantages where the expensive equipment will be the progression curve.

Of course I bet they will prove me wrong in the end and the more expensive ships will be flat out better, but let's hope not :)

I doubt there's much to worry about. They've nailed everything on the head so far.

I can't wait to be playing the full game next year. What's that saying in development? "The first 10% takes 90% of the time, the last 90% takes 10% of the time"?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

boy I can't wait to have that cheap piece of plastic garbage adorning my command post! (that's what I call my desk)

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Decrepus posted:

lmao I just tuned in and watched for 30 seconds and he crashed.

Him trying really hard to juggle 2 joysticks and a throttle handle using 2 hands to gently land and the CRASH.

What a surprise I clicked on it and he was sitting there looking at a crash prompt.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I wonder how pissed Sandi is that this isn't a picture of her. I DESERVE THIS MORE THAN HIM.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Sankis posted:

no, no one is thinking it will live up to its promise. It is literally impossible for it to be everything it says it will be.

Um excuse me it can and will. My friends brothers uncle works there and he assures me it's going to be TOTALLY awesome and you'll all be eating your words when it comes out!

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I'm still in awe that they were able to do all this with only 4 years and 90+ million dollars. Simply amazing.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Hey guys, this seems like the right thread to ask this in. Does any one have tips for becoming an auditor? It seems like an exciting career that's right for me.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

Well, do you have any family in the military?

No I don't. Should I join to become an auditor?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

I'm a reddit superstar and I don't even need an account. :chord:

cant wait to tell people i knew you before you were big

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

kordansk posted:

How the hell does Croberts envision WW2 style dogfighting in space ships, in space, 1000 years in the future and not completely realize how loving stupid it is. For someone that's been crowing about fidelity and aesthetic, he completely and utterly fails at realizing it with this poo poo.

That's the best part of SC. It only has realism when it makes the game worse.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Is this thing dead yet?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Does Octopode still jump in once every 10 pages to correct some tiny detail about something someone said so he can feel like everything is okay?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

It's not really fair to compare COD:IW to SC. That game has been in development for 35 years with 34500 people.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

There hasn't been a single game that comes close to the open development of Star Citizen.

As long as the criteria is that it's a PC game. Set in space. Named Star Citizen.

edit for cat

code:
    ,.                 .,
         ,: ':.    .,.    .:' :,
         ,',   '.:'   ':.'   ,',
         : '.  '         '  .' :
         ', : '           ' : ,'
         '.' .,:,.   .,:,. '.'
          ,:    V '. .' V    :,
         ,:        / '        :,
         ,:                   :,
          ,:       =:=       :,
           ,: ,     :     , :,
            :' ',.,' ',.,:' ':
           :'      ':WW::'   '.
          .:'       '::::'   ':
          ,:        '::::'    :,
          :'         ':::'    ':
         ,:           ':''     :.
        .:'             '.     ',.
       ,:'               ''     '.
       .:'               .',    ':
      .:'               .'.,     :
      .:                .,''     :
      ::                .,''    ,:
      ::              .,'','   .:'
    .,::'.           .,','     ::::.
  .:'     ',.       ,:,       ,WWWWW,
  :'        :       :W:'     :WWWWWWW,          .,.
  :         ',      WWW      WWWWWWWWW          '::,
  '.         ',     WWW     :WWWWWWWWW            '::,
   '.         :     WWW     :WWWWWWWW'             :::
    '.       ,:     WWW     :WWWWWWW'             .:::
     '.     .W:     WWW     :WWWWWW'           .,:::'
      '.   :WW:     WWW     :WWWWW'      .,,:::::''
     .,'   ''::     :W:     :WWWWW.  .,::::''
  ,'        ''','',',','','''WWWWW::::''
   ':,,,,,,,':  :  : : :  :  :WWWW'''

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Anyone post this yet?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/09/uk-advertising-board-investigating-no-mans-sky-marketing/

quote:

No Man’s Sky’s advertising is officially under investigation in the UK
ASA looking at allegedly misleading screens, videos, and descriptions.

Surely RSI wouldn't be held accountable right?

• Locked thread