Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I just popped in to say what is sad about this is that the lawsuit is going to push them to fund the release of a minimum viable product. If you had $100MM and you could pay 10 to get Derek Smart to shut up, wouldn't you take that deal?

Since they are trying and paying for some pretty audacious poo poo, elements of that release will look impressive. Since they have acquired people like Peter Capaldi it will probably be entertaining.

So they release. Roberts uses the lawsuit to excuse any flaws and to distract the rank and file from the amount of money poured into dev pain and cocaine. D_Smart is a recognizable and easily demonizable figure. He allows CR to appear persecuted, an innocent game developer who just wanted to make the best doggawned jpeg shooter ever. CR will say something about how unfortunate it is they were unable to give their wonderful backers the game they deserved due to the pressure.

This will keep the money coming in (THE JPEGS MUST FLOW) and lump anyone who dares dissent in with D_Smart. Then enjoy the next six months of crobelievers crowing about how space jesus CR suffered and nearly died for their sins at the hands of all you judases and was STILL able to get them sparkle clearcoat on the USS Second Mortgage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

I can fire bullets but it looks like I am pissing bullets

why are you complaining about this? you're sitting on a gold mine, trebek!

DEREK SMART'S BULLET PISSER 4000
stretch goal $10M: you look also look like you are making GBS threads grenades

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

Is this cockpit unusual in looking so hideous or are they all like this?

The new multi-crew cockpits are pretty breathtaking, actually:

There's a lot of love in those art assets. You can't expect CIG to not want to show them off.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Budgie posted:

Chris Roberts tells us what Star Citizen is:

Why doesn't CR spend some of that yacht money having a surgeon suck about two pounds of nerd fat out of his bullfrog neck? Then he'd just look like Zach Galifianakis. Well, if you shaved Zack's face and gave him cancer for about 15 years.

There's a shadow over Inssmouth and it's cast by that giant goiterous rooster neck.

Also, high end furniture is a necessity. What, you don't want CIG should have a proper office? They're not paying for materials. They're paying for design!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Guys, guys, yes, yes. Yes. This is being drawn out. But for a Reason. We're getting really close to some really cool quantum poo poo like action at a distance and it's just a matter of time before we make contact with real aliens. Now, of course, when we do, they are most definitely going to want to meet the author and director of WING COMMANDER. They are going to want to know what he has been doing. And of course they are going to want to be friends with him. And that's how CR gets his hands on that sweet alien gaming tech. Those guys probably use 64-bit positional space in their fukken thermostats.

But you have to run a fast game if you want to keep up with the alien lifestyle. You're not going to impress aliens without a yacht and some nice bling. What, your alien buddies come over to watch the big game on your plasma and you DON'T have cocaine to offer them? And when those aliens come over to Star Citizen HEADQUARTERS CR will be able to say "Yeah, that tool box cost 1500 bucks and we don't even keep poo poo in it" and they will be like whoa. At that point, when he shows them the awesome JPEGs surely they will have no issue with building an actual space fleet to match them.

My buddies got me a $105 racer ship in this game and I will be damned if I am gonna sell it when I could be driving around in a real goddamn version of it in a few years thanks to CR not pussying out when it comes to partying with aliens. I think that poo poo is as likely as anything else I have seen him promise and while an actual game would also be cool it seems to me if I'm going to get unrealistically excited about something it's a lot better to get unrealistically excited about fighting real aliens in a real starship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

When it comes to sleeping, Kayak recommends you have something to rest your head on for proper support

I just ordered a couch cover exactly like that, how are they?

Who am I kidding, even if you respond it will be instantly buried under seventeen thousand new posts. It's really unfair how much this game is messing up my getting good advice on how to deal with pet hair.

• Locked thread