Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Well a introduction posted in the Rowdy Trout (after buying platinum, of course) is a necessary part of process in getting an invite to the private forums after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Dear god, I hope this is some sort of temporary setup.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can you go into this a bit more? I'm trying to understand what about the reveal, particularly the live demonstration, indicates they're not being honest.

It's like when Bioshock Infinite was marketed with all those amazing movie like sequences which never appeared in game, like the scene where Elizabeth tries to resurrect a horse and it all goes wrong, and many others. Then they sold the game having won a bunch of awards for those movie like sequences, which never appeared in the game, because they were actual movies that were probably never intended to be playable. But at the very least that game wasn't funded and continuously running off of public money and goodwill.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Mad Catz, who were making(?) the Star Citizen Controller, are now probably going to go bankrupt and are laying off 2/3rds of the staff with the CEO resigning.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/265502/Mad_Catz_lays_off_63_of_staff_in_restructuring_plan.php

A sign of things to come?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Dusty Lens posted:

I do not recall who made it.

The tiny space whales are adorable.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I think it's just trying really really hard to be realistic without actually making it there, so it just looks really disjointed and weird. The "uncanny valley" I guess. Just a lot of wasted effort because the technology isn't there yet.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Remember the good ol' days when you had to configure your sound card irq interrupts soundblaster 16 port control whateverthefuck after each game install? Good to see CIG trying to bring all that back, for nostalgia right??

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Could someone explain how Squadron 42 came to exist and be funded by backer money when the actual kickstarter project was about the "Persistent Universe" game in the first place? Did they announce it before they started selling jpegs, and how did backers react when it was revealed?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Kramjacks posted:

I think it a having a single player campaign was a stretch goal.

Ohh right. You'd think that all the money before that goal would have been allocated to the original game so it could actually be finished and not their side project. :raise:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
We just found out that Planetside 2 has client side hit boxes modifiable by editing a text file and has since release even after it was reported multiple times, but yeah I'm sure SC will solve all the problems of the MMO shooter also with spaceships with farms, an economy, mining, etc. etc. :shepface:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

quote:

Frances Mountain, left, sorts out Beanie Babies with her ex-husband, Harold Mountain, in a Las Vegas courtroom in 1999. The couple was unable to split the collection by themselves, so they spread it on the courtroom floor and divided it up under the judge’s supervision. Maple the Bear was the first to go.

Photo by Reuters

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I was shredding a roommate's old Wall Street Journal for my pet rat, and lol look what I found in it:

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 12, 2016

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

RubberJohnny posted:

Star Citizen: If it comes down to "proof", you are in such a negative mindset I don't want to entertain you

**SCREAMS**

hoooooooolllyyyy shiiiiiiittttt :shepspends:

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 20, 2016

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

This looks like some sort of hosed up boss from a Final Fantasy game.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Wuxi posted:

I'm the reminder at the bottom of each internal email, telling everyone that I'm the VP and co-founder

Hey when the revolving door is running at full speed people have to know whose who you know

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Enchanted Hat posted:

I made this in honour of all the brave seamen on board the great ship CIG

lol

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Fat Shat Sings posted:

MoMA there are currently 6,000 people logged in posting in thousands of other threads on any topic you can think of so can you do us a favor today and go read at least one more of them?

Cinema Discusso caters to people who want to be willfully dense shitlords, go talk about batman versus superman or ghostbusters or something. You were pretty much born to post in Debate and Discussion.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yeah, I already do. I like this one the best.

You have about 800 posts in this thread, and about 5 token posts in any other thread in the entire forum. That's more of an unhealthy obsession, at best.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm too obsessed. Also I'm a CIG employee.
:gary:

ftfy

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Yeah uh..

lol :shepface:

I mean I get they're hiring "kids" right out of college, but this is just loving bizarre

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Reminder that Lazrin registered an account solely to post in this thread in defense of CIG and has done nothing but that for months and months.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I think it's funny that if the tables were turned and the dude was having a freak out session about everything on any SC forum like he does here, he would have been permabanned by the end of the first day.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Can't wait for the Noam Chomsky's Sky expansion

Not sure if it will be better than Chris Roberts and the Hypoglycemic Adventures of No-Clip Bradley and the Sudden Space Seizure Gang, but we'll have to see

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Is there any viable legal reason whatsoever for those "OH BY THE WAY we didn't have to refund lol!" letters?

If they were brought up in a court I somehow doubt they would be going anywhere but a trashbin.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Seems like it would be pretty reckless when you also have specific consumer guarantees in Australia that companies can't lie or misinform you about your consumer rights.

Yeah I think the letters are more of a blatant (and bad) attempt to dissuade others from seeking the refunds they're owed if they so choose.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

SomethingJones posted:

"We do realise that you have never bothered to log on and try it out"

"We regret that you lost patience"

That's not an attorney, that's a QA guy.

edit - notice how in these letters they don't use the word 'refund'? That would explicitly imply a purchase.

So, Mr. Baldman, here's my question to you as an attorney- why do you think they want to suddenly give you something in writing with the word 'takeback' on it?

And if they did log in:

"We realize you logged in and therefore agreed to our new IRONCLAD anti-refund TOS which means we definitely aren't obligated to give it to you, but we're doing it anyways.... because we're such nice guys. Yeah, that's the ticket. Wait that last part wasn't included in the message right? Re: Re: TOS Message: No it wasn't included, ship it."

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 11, 2016

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Would any of you folks like to purchase some vintage, "classic", never flown ships from me for this fine yet-to-be-released definite masterpiece?

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 12, 2016

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

TheAgent posted:

omg

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus

he's so completely miserable

he can't even sprint around because it dips the framerate to like sub 5

holy poo poo he just said "everyone is bored of 2.5"

"no one wants to play"

"ending the stream early"

welp I guess that's coming out of his pay

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Fatkraken posted:

Wait, Sandi is Chris Roberts' wife?

I thought she definitely WASN'T Chris Roberts' wife, and anyone who suggested otherwise was a nasty little troll just trying to stir up poo poo. Or, if that person worked for CIG, Fired.

For a time you probably could get fired for suggesting it, yeah.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
So looks like the refund policy is "Deny everything unless the guy actually looks like they know what they're talking about, then give a refund but still deny everything."

Someone should send a request with the full list of legal jargon on the first mail and see if they still deny the first few times time anyways like you're trying to sign up for disability.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I'd feel sorry for the dude who has to sit there and come up with these bullshit reasons why they can't refund to string out the correspondance to make things more difficult (or they might lose their job if it looks like they're letting people get their money back too easily), but I heard Toast is an rear end in a top hat anyways, so

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
https://twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713

Whoops wrong thread

...or is it?

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Aug 18, 2016

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
So if Squadron 42 is so close to release and that's what they've been spending all their effort on, why didn't they like... have people showing that off rather than their painfully unfinished tech demo

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

holy gently caress :lol:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I agree that demo was so excellent I might just drop a large sum on the completionist package now. Several other goons have already done it too, but of course are too embarrassed to post about it outside of the plat forum:

You must have the platinum account upgrade to see this link.

This is a good thing. For Star Citizen!

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Get tickled

Oh my gosh this language! Don't you guys know you would be permabanned for that kind of profanity in any of the official or (un)un-official SC forums or streams????

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I just paid for the completionist package with bitcoins.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Google Butt posted:

Faith is really key when it comes to video games, along with copious expendable income.

Completely agreed in every possible way.

By the way, have you ever heard of bitcoin, friend? I think you might be interested in learning about the teachings of the Great Satoshi.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
AHEM this is a famaly forum!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Holy poo poo wtf is going on here?

• Locked thread