Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Nickiepoo posted:

I can almost guarantee you that this guy was scammed in Eve.

Yeah "comedy at others' expense" is a dead giveaway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

D_Smart posted:

LOL!!! yeah. We buy Heinz salad dressing six bottles at a time. By the time it gets to 2 bottles left, I'm already freaking out and having panic attacks. Very few stores sell it on import. So often, I make the trek to a local British import store to stock up. When I am in the UK, I ship a box of 12 back to the US. Down in Florida, only one grocery store (Publix) sometimes has it in their "Ethic Foods" section. And usually it's all gone the minute it hits the shelf. Some Walmart stores also carry it from time to time.

Good stuff. Anyone who hasn't tried it, trust me, skip the mayo and get this. Some online British stores, as well as eBay and Amazon have it btw; but over-priced as expected. Google: "heinz salad cream"

Salad cream is really really good with shredded cabbage, much better than coleslaw...and even better with celeriac.

Can you do me a big favor and mail me a box containing a large jar of HP fruity sauce, a large jar of pickled onions, and as many containers of chocolate hobnobs as will fit please? Don't worry about the tea, I order PG tips in bulk from Amazon.

e: oh, also, if you like Branston Pickle, there's a sauce here called Pickapeppa that has a mango-flavored version which tastes exactly the same.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

"Lets fire up the launcher and...see...what happens..."

I had no idea how terrible Chris Roberts' voice was...this makes the whole catastrophe even worse.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I tattooed a nice guy the other day from Reddit who enjoyed Star Citizen The Game...he said everything looked great and the newest releases have made a big difference. :shobon:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Anyone remember how much one of these chairs is worth?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

This is the sort of jpeg that should be earning millions

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I just noticed the cast list for S42 has Sandi before Gillian Anderson.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Sillybones posted:

If I had the cash I too would spend thousands to work in QA for video games. A privilege.

It's the next logical step from pre-purchasing to beta test.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I think he starts by informing them about how many eggs they have left.

D_Smart posted:

my autism spectrum

Star Citizen - Derek Smart's autism spectrum

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Tippis posted:

That genuinely looks like a neat storage solution for something small and with lots of fiddly bits.

I don't want to get this account banned so I won't tell you what one of the stickied threads in this forum warns me against. :shobon:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I used to pour over Ryan Church's work for days, no reverse lookup necessary for this one:

i am harry fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 31, 2016

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Speaking of No Man's Sky I've a strong suspicion Ryan Archer designed the space ship.

:raise:

This is an X-Wing with the top wings removed. :shobon:

i am harry fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 31, 2016

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Where do I pick up some of those non-transferable space genocide bonds?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

D_Smart posted:

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

Look mate, a lot of us have been here a great deal longer than you, so go gently caress yourself, we do what we want.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mendrian posted:

It's probably fair to assume Ryan Archer has never actually illustrated anything original in his entire career. If he has, it has been buried under so much stolen material it might as well not exist.

I mean if this guy has been doing this his whole career - and it looks like he has - I can't even imagine the mental gymnastics he has inoculated himself with about why it's perfectly okay to just run a couple of photoshop filters over somebody else's work and call it a day. I cannot imagine what a confrontation with him would look like and I would literally pay money to see it.

I was thinking about his day-to-day work process and I came to the conclusion that his desk must be in the corner of an office room facing out, so no-one can see how he "creates"...or he "works" from home.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Toops posted:

Hiring for game development? IDK man.

Probably takes a bit longer to figure out they're terrible at their jobs.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Wait! "bi-weekly"? That doesn't sound right. Are you sure? Because that would imply paying people TWICE A WEEK, instead of TWICE A MONTH

As to him being sharky. You think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhyO26bVVw
This dude looks and sounds like he belongs in the Panama Papers

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Is that fat lady Alexis the wife of the fat man Ben?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I Greyhound posted:

Quality Exhaust Design

This is unbelievable.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Does Sandi have an email address? I feel like it's time we politely asked her to stop putting food in front of Ben and his fat wife.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm starting to suspect this more and more. Star Citizen is basically a Klingon dying of old age.

the sound of something heavy slowly coming to a rest on the ground

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

G0RF posted:

Reporting live from the Austin offices...

Man I want something like this! except for the CIG logo

i am harry fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 8, 2016

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Daztek posted:

I like how Sandi can't say what she does all week

I like where she gets the gently caress out at 10:30 for an 11:30 appointment.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Screams eeeEEE posted:

Yeah that was my view. If only all the "ben is fat lol" and "sandi is old/ugly lol" was as taboo

I'm really sorry you're fat, old, and ugly, but it isn't personal.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Samizdata posted:

Man, Alexis can really smell the blood in the water at this point, methinks. And she appears to be getting closer and closer to snapping.

Considering where she's sitting it might just be a portion of Ben's body, or very plausibly her own. I've spent much time next to fat people and they generally have an area or two that doesn't get too much attention in the shower if you know what I mean.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

What, every square inch of him?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

um what does ELE stand for?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

Extinction Level Event.

Okay that's what I thought :cripes:

i am harry fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Apr 12, 2016

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Semisponge posted:

Reminder that crobbler doesn't really have prominent cheekbones, just a creative makeup artist.
Jesus christ it's like I've entered a new plane of surreality.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Close up of Ben's tattoo makes me want to throw up.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Recoome posted:

who is in this picture?

I hope it's his wife; having such a long, loving relationship is really something beautiful :shobon:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

CrazyTolradi posted:

Do you think Alexis has known how poo poo Ben is the whole time and is secretly trying to kill him off?

No because she's fatter than he is I think she has a debilitating problem with unhealthy food and they are accidentally destroying each other.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Please stop posting pictures of England, especially the North, on sunny days.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

Hmmm, since I pretended to be blind to get the government to pay for college they sent me a thign that reads text for me:~( #13536

I got a cane... now I can pretend to be blind and cars will stop for me and stuff. #12548

but thanks to the fact that I'm sooo blind, I've rearranged my exams to get all week two weeks from now off. #9654

Ben Lesnick repurposed the money we paid in taxes for a student at a school for the deaf and blind.

i am harry fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 16, 2016

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

It's cool guys, nothing to worry about.

quote:

No, but If I was going to rape 12 year old girls I'd get a vasectomy... but I'm not so I won't so there. #14,547

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Jon Do posted:

To be fair, a lot of those quotes seem like they're probably much worse out of context.

And at one point, around this point, SA was very much about "be as offensive as possible because INTERNET, its funny! dont have thin skin!" immature poo poo

Otoh, these seem like the jokes of someone I don't want to hang out with. Who is a creep.

I have been on SA since its inception and I have never once copied and pasted anything I've said into a document to preserve later on a separate website that I own.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Jon Do posted:

okay this motherfucker literally took a picture of where he (or some employee) moved the "black memorabilia" flyer over to the pickpocket warning flyer

because he thought it was funny (top of page)

In what looks like a library?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Einbauschrank posted:

So do I. As a student I knew a guy who had a serious eye disorder, made him nearly blind with the expected outcome to become totally blind at some not so late point in his life. He was not fat, but his special glasses/goggles made him stand out like some Super Villain from a Marvel comic. He was extremely bitter towards life and especially towards women whom he felt had rejected him and mocked him all his life.

I felt sorry for him and I feel sorry for Ben.

Did he also immortalize all his worst characteristics on a publicly accessible website of his own creation?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ayn Marx posted:

Holy poo poo. Every time things begin to stale here something new is dug up. Is this scripted?

This is the beginning of unfettered machine learning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mr.Tophat posted:

Welp. That's it. I'm going out to drink. Bye for a while thread, don't get it locked.

Yeah I've been here since the morning. I wouldn't be surprised if thread gains another two hundred pages with plenty more things, but at this point I'm fully saturated.
It's like having a box of donuts for your birthday and then your boss drops another three boxes in front of you while you're filming a show.

• Locked thread