Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

MeLKoR posted:

Wait, what? Wasn't this supposed to be a module like Arena Commander? Are you telling me they are creating an area in the Verse you can fly to and suddenly respawn rules are different? How do player limits even work?

Why? WHY would you do this to yourself? They are right, I can't understand Chris' Vision.

I hope they somehow do get this to work because nobody will ever get even halfway through a PvP match without a goon kamikaze-ing everyone with a starter ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Lladre posted:

These people.

Pirates want their day to day life be filled with dim and flickering lights.....
Because you know.... They are pirates!
I am going to hazard a guess this comes straight from Chris Roberts because it rally is such a stupid design idea.

Thanks for your application to join our pirate guild, SpaceRapist42069. Your credentials and criminal record are very impressive indeed. Lots of murder, pillage, and rape; very well-rounded. The slave trafficking was a very nice addition to your portfolio.

Unfortunately, it's come to our attention that you have an affinity for pastels and steady, soft light that reaches all corners of a room. This is incompatible with our aesthetic, so I'm afraid we are unable to accept you into our fleet. We wish you all the best out in the 'verse, commando.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Lazrin posted:

i've managed large software projects in the healthcare industry with budgets in the tens of millions with application revenue opportunities an order of magnitude more revenue than that. i've also managed people across disciplines on those projects.

though they weren't game projects, the factors for success are the same... not everyone here is a dummy.

Did your software projects envision an ENTIRE ONLINE UNIVERSE where your employees would interact with computerized non-employees in order to navigate their day-to-day duties, complete with mo-capped janitors?

I have about another dozen questions I could ask along this line, but you can fill in the blanks.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

No way man, I'm a lifer. I've been in too long, gone too deep. I've stared into the abyss such that it has seen all that I am and ever will be.

Six months after this thing falls apart come check the thread. It'll just be me and D_Smart posting :five::vince::bravo::bravo: back and forth

:same:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Yeah, don't feel sorry for WTFosaurus. Nobody is holding a gun to his head. He could easily do something more enjoyable with his time, like DIY prostate exams or trying to housebreak a horde of raccoons.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

I was listening and reading the chat and he's basically trapped. When he tries playing any other games they bitch at him and his viewership drops. On the other hand no one new is coming to the stream, and CIG isn't realizing any content so he's trapped repeating the same thing he - in his words - "can do with his eyes closed by now".

Millennial Sisyphus

So at what point would a sane person have decided "Ya know, maybe I'm not meant to be the next TWITCH SUPERSTAR"?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Hello friends! I'd like to invite you to what is sure to be the hottest new destination on Twitch.

It'll have a chat-bot that spams affiliate links, ability to request songs from YouTube, a "dangerous"-sounding name, a subscription option that offers viewers absolutely nothing of value, a regular schedule of raffles for jpgs, and an obnoxious gif that takes up the entire screen for two minutes anytime someone donates or subscribes.

Content will be me snapping a mousetrap shut on my dick every fifteen minutes while I complain that there's nothing new in mousetrap development yet, but it's coming soon, you'll see, it'll be the most amazing mousetrap-on-dick technology you've ever dreamed of. You'll want to spend your entire life snapping this mousetrap onto your dick, then you'll be sorry when you didn't invest $3000 or more into it at the very start of development*.

*development start date is subject to change based on how pissed off I am at snapping a mousetrap onto my dick that particular day

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

So the INN idiots got pissed off that they were shilling SC for Wolf Larsen for free, and their bold solution is to shill SC for themselves for free.

Is that about right?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

What a band of incompetents.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

lol MORE SHIPS

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I hope they show Lowtax's spaceship drawing.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

They literally showed someone's macaroni art spaceship

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Bird: The spaceship

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'm the guy wearing a t-shirt from an intellectual property that actually exists

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Space Asians. Spasians.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'm the guy on the right gaping at Chris's pointless rambling

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Spaceship racing looks like something you might buy on Steam for $6 when you're drunk, bored and up too late

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

:lol: this is going to be hilarious

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

this is loving QVC, all this stream is just loving QVC poo poo

QVC garbage products actually exist

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Congrats to CIG for making a version of Destiny PvP with fetal alcohol syndrome

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'm the radar jiggling like a Hooters waitress on a trampoline

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'm Chris Roberts and I have no idea how humans wave goodbye

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

nawledgelambo posted:

Can someone tell me why I shouldn't be led to believe bitcoin is used by pedo's, scammers, and webcam blackmailers?

you forgot drug dealers

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

My parents just came down to visit for over a week, they are doing well. It was very nice to have them here.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Someone ask Cymelion how much they pay the barista who runs the $20K espresso machine.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

How many Video Game Awards did Star Citizen win tonight? I assume it was all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Hey MoMA, go find a friend who has a console and watch them play Destiny PvP.

Compare it to whatever the hell was streamed a few weeks ago.

• Locked thread