Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

What the gently caress is "The talk show at the end of the universe" supposed to even mean? I know it's supposed to be a reference but it doesn't even make sense in that context.

They're literally just throwing every space nerd meme against a wall and hoping it sticks aren't they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I like that the baron guy very obviously just had a last minute outfit idea due to twitch

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

they should make this [proposed] game even more pay to win or i will ask for a full refund

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Good Dumplings posted:

Isn't that how preorders work? Though I guess they're not usually what fuels a AAA game's sales.

Publishers like pre-orders because they have guaranteed money up front. I'm no business scientist but I imagine this is good for sales projections and garbage like that. They don't tend to actually fund game development with them.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Derek Smart I want to try Universal Combat since it's exactly the kind of space game I want. The prospect is super daunting, though. Is there anything I need to read aside from the manual. Are there any good forum posts or any supplements you'd recommend. I figure I may as well give it a try since at least it's not a fake game

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

What else would you expect from the most transparently developed video game in the history of the world.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

DreadLlama posted:

Illectro just did a cool video on space engineers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebKVOogEblQ

I agree with his earlier point that seamless surface to space transitions are really cool. Would orbit have been possible given sufficient lateral velocity?

It's my understanding that the planets in Space Engineers are kind of a hack job. I don't think you could orbit or anything.

Edit: Actually, maybe you could but I doubt it'd be worth doing for anything other than to say you did.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 24, 2015

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

no, no one is thinking it will live up to its promise. It is literally impossible for it to be everything it says it will be.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Chin posted:

Here's the best video of exciting multicrew 2.0 action I could find:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpWn3E3ya_M

CIG designers sat down and figured out how to make a screen full of shield controls even less fun by having you stare helplessly at SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE half the time.

It's really weird having them all just be in the front and sitting in a straight line, too. It'd have been cooler if maybe each station had its own room or something.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

has anyone figured out what "reverse the verse" is supposed to mean yet

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I am very excited to see chris robert's innovative pvp slider mechanic

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

it's the future of pc gaming

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

why would any youtuber want to stream themselves playing in a space news van? do they honestly think anyone would want to watch that?

This feels like one of those suggestions that would have been made in the very early 2000s before anyone knew the extent of what streaming on the internet would be capable of not something made in 2016.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I know it's not surprising anyone but it never ceases to amaze me that the only design information or how the game may work is coming from posts like that. There's not a word from CIG aside from Chris saying yes to everything anyone asks him once a week

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm really not looking forward to seeing what horrible poo poo they forced that poor woman to do.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be a bit part behind Sandi.

Coming in 2037, Gillian Anderson stars as "Radio Lady #2" in STAAAAAAR CITIZEEEEEEEEEN

Do we know for a fact she's doing performance capture?

Maybe she's a ship AI or something.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Can this thread have a rule where if you post lyrics to a song parody you also have to post yourself singing it

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

mrking posted:

it doesn't even look like it fits in the box

if virtual RSI is anything like the real one then it doesn't matter because when you get it from china it'll be in pieces.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

D_Smart posted:

Either they're monitoring PMs or the whale reported it to them.

Someone should PM something similar to an account they know won't report them (like another goon) and see if the get banned.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I know it's fun to josh around and engage in some light japery but all joking aside I don't think the fourth stimpire would be a very efficient form of governing for a space empire.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

DOMDOM posted:

In tangentially related news, prestigious developer Peter Molyneux is back in the news after breaking his self imposed press ban in order to announce his new early access game - GODUS WARS!

No, he never finished Godus. But now he's out of money you see, so he cut 1/2 the features out of Godus and repackaged it for early access cash grab.

Molyneux has always been a pie in the sky idiot dreamer, but I never thought he was slimey. This is some Crobbers level poo poo.

Was he not very heavily involved in fable 2 or something? That game loving ruled but everything before (since 2000 or so) and after has been super dissapointing.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It really is an amazing thing. I'm been tempted to post it in GBS without comment.

Someone needs to give the author an account with a promise of no trolling just so we can ask him questions about the stimpire like it's an ask/tell thread. I need to know everything about the fourth stimpire

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

runsamok posted:

Speaking of stretch goals & documentary films, wonder how the $14M stretch goal is coming along.

How do you turn a 4 year long slow motion trainwreck into a feature length documentary? Shouldn't they be getting Ken Burns on the case? 18 hours of jpegs sliding across the screen with a voice over is what this glorious event deserves.

I'd put money on them claiming that RTV/ATV/10ftc fit that criteria. They're all "professional quality" after all, and there's definitely hours of content!

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

poo poo man I'm still waiting for someone to explain the lore behind this space fish 'presentation'

Are those loving placeholder textures in the eyes? It's a god drat black and grey grid placeholder texture.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Why does disco always look like the sleepiest person ever?

Are they any videos or pictures of him actually looking like he gives a poo poo?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Awhile back in the thread someone brought up Shattered Horizon. I want to reiterate how amazing the game was and say that if the master server isn't down we should put up some goon games because man what a loving good game it was.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

It's so weird seeing the same talking points reiterated by different people, in different parts of the internet. I've seen that "Now that they have the pipeline, things will be so much faster!" comment what seems like a dozen times now from seemingly different posters on different videos and on reddit.

On another note, it's really funny to see them suddenly take an interest in doing the "Making Of" feature after they began facing some criticism about it. I wonder if it's also one of the Kickstarter promises that they're more legally obligated to uphold rather than the extras they shat out on their own page.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

FrankieGoes posted:

WTF is wrong with these people? Seriously?

What kind of Alcoholic refers to himself as "recovered" and not "recovering".

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Wikkheiser posted:

Here is a catte. I raised her as a kitten, now lives at my mom's where she hunts backyard birds.

Your catte looks a lot like my boy catte except my boy catte is better.

here he is not giving a gently caress about star citizen or the camera

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHeRs2JRYE

can someone explain the punchline for this to me? :confused:

this looks like someone read a very bad summary of firefly and then heard the soundtrack of Rebel Galaxy and no one knew how to act even a little bit

also why the gently caress did he have a coke bottle.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

iron buns posted:

Spergs vaping on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/supremetokyo

It's boring

the guy in the top left looks exactly the same as the guy in the bottom middle. They're not actually the same person are they?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Haskell9 posted:

Posting from the past ... I am indeed a shill, an unpaid one no less - for the Horizons MMO. It's going to be great, guys! ... :eng99:

When I was 13 I remember participating in some Dawn, a fake overpromised MMO, vs Horizons, a real overpromised MMO, forum fights. I was on the side of Dawn :(

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Turd Burglar posted:

Has he found anyone to give him money to make a new game? I don't see that happening after the public fiasco of MGS5 and Silent Hill.

He did, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annuTcmB1rw

Sony is funding his next project.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

SabinBlitz posted:

Holy poo poo that new TOS.... LOL. Jesus....

when did penny arcade change its style to look like the goof troop

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I feel like that TOS is just written at Chris Roberts' express command and is like everything else with the game. The people that made it know its poo poo and won't work, but that's what they were told to do.

Promising to never sue the company for any reason, under any circumstances just by buying the product?

That's just funny.

iirc there was some court decision upholding forced arbitration in leiu of lawsuits a few years back. Though I think that was for, like, actual contracts and stuff. Of course that doesn't matter since rsi doesn't have any of that in the tos it's just "NO TAKE BACKS AND NO SUING OKAY?" but im no lawyer.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 11, 2016

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

CIG really couldn't have waited for a better time to drop this. Anyone who covers games is currently en route to LA so even if someone thought about covering it they wouldn't be able to for about a week when E3 news ends and by then it'll be relatively old news.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

b'tak must be having the time of his life with 2.4 now that other players can't see him

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

i want that AMD letter to be real and to get leaked more than i want to continue breathing

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

When this finally all ends I'm going to be really interested in seeing what Chris and Sandi thought their salaries should be and how much higher they are over the industry average.

Though Sandi is probably underpaid considering she does the job of eight people!!

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

never back anything but especially don't back anything that claims to either be an mmo or open world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

why do people keep typing gamescon instead of gamescom

is this just a joke on the game being a con

• Locked thread