Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:ironicat:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

It depends. If they are set to 100% quality, I would consider it. Though TIFFs are preferable.

You should offer the Prisoner's Dilemma to Wulf and Dolvak, only the one who apologises first, deletes his reddit/twitter and hands over all his secret communications with CIG goes free.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

pftc posted:

I've been talking with BoredDellTechnician.

He's another whale/trader presumably on real friendly terms with CIG.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

joke_explainer posted:

If you do have an Idris, I would wait for the model to be released to wander around in before selling it, as I noticed the retaliator prices went crazy when that happened.

CIG will sell the Idris again if/when the Idris is released to the hangar.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

QuarkJets posted:

Can someone give me like a top 10 of the funniest poo poo that's been happening in the Star Citizen threads? Start with that post where that guy wants to put rape scenes in a spaceship game, that's got to be at least number 2 or 3

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Oct 26, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

QuarkJets posted:

Can someone give me like a top 10 of the funniest poo poo that's been happening in the Star Citizen threads? Start with that post where that guy wants to put rape scenes in a spaceship game, that's got to be at least number 2 or 3

REI Meltdown

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Jegan Ace posted:

What the gently caress happened?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:lurkmore:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Wow, Dickwulf sounds totally broken, I actually feel sorry for him.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Jegan Ace posted:

Honestly, nothing I read in that article was particularly world-shattering.

It's obvious to any oldschool backer that once poo poo blew up with the continuous stretch goals in the early years, that we'd be getting a project with a shitload of promises and nary a hope on them delivering on all of them. Most people actually just wanted something that wasn't EvE in the Kickstarter stages of what is now something I'd class as a bloated abomination of the original idea.

I think there's plausibility in the bitter testimonials of those faceless former employees, but I also know to take this poo poo with a large helping of salt. When emotions, finances and jobs are on the line, things get said in the corporate grapevine that are hard to prove or disprove. I just wish they'd cut off the money-line and just say they'll stop peddling JPEGs at the annual sucker fair to just work on a game that might be released in my lifetime.

Thanks guy who asked what's going on in a 9 page thread.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

No. Or let's say if LoD is in development, SC will be 100% released.

Well they decided to drop Alpha and Beta, so you could say it has been released.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

joats posted:

Is the value of Star Citizen worth $50 per ship?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/658368364251734016

quote:

If you're not at Ikea eating Swedish meatballs like I am right now, well... it's not a contest, but you're losing.

I think he's laughing at us, it's always us, laughing at the Swedish money laundering connections to F42/CIG and the hair stuff is another example.

It's nice that everyone can agree that Star Citizen is a big joke, mind you most of us don't actually have to work there.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

tooterfish posted:

I surely do.

But we're not talking about me.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I do not have any twitter accounts besides https://twitter.com/raess2009 . But hell YOU ARE CREEPY

Karl Ramseier was a running gag by a Saturday late night show back in the 90ties here in Germany.

Karl is deep in the cult, does anyone know any deprogramming methods?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

well, I don't know if this whole cult thing is just projection of some sort.
Twitter game, Cult points for following :-

+1 point for minor roles
@BoredGamerUK , @INNdolvak @TheRoadbeer @Accelerwraith, Disco Lando

+5 points Star Citizen Stars
Gary Oldman, Sandi Gardiner, Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill, Jack Huston

You almost have a perfect score.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

How much are you in the hole to Croberts for?

0, my packages are gifted. I am 120€ in Elite, but I doubt that counts?

This is your twatter right? You linked it earlier.

Which time were you lying, the time here when you said you hadn't spent anything, or the time on twitter when you said you had concierge ($1000 spent)?

Or are you an early backer who sold lots of LTI ships to suckers on the grey market, made all your money back and hence consider yourself in for $0 but actually still have a few hundred/thousand in ships/packages?

You see if you were really in for nothing you wouldn't care enough to register here and throw snippy comments in from the sidelines. If you want to defend CIG, go right ahead, nobody is stopping you, but grow a pair of balls and stop trying to fool people you don't care.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

SirPhoebos posted:

Now is this doxxing? :downs:

I removed his name, he linked his twitter earlier.

There's a guy on the RSI forums with almost the same twitter handle who appears to want to contribute towards suing Derek Smart.

At least Karl posting here is out far less money than that guy as he seems to be a "Space Marshall" which I seem to remember costs you a $5000 donation (you get some ships as a free thank you).

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

Now I ain't no game developin' type guy but "Lead technical Designer" sounds pretty important.

Yeah, he was a major part of helping them with the cryengine and was on The Last Great Starship (just like Firefly cancelled after one series)

Derek Smart broke the news too which is going to annoy them.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Without this guy how are they going to continue to expertly manipulate Cryengine into doing the impossible like having crosshairs and running well?

I dunno Peter, a casual observer may start to question what exactly is happening to the best space game ever.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Gwaihir posted:

Wandering Samurai also did MW:LL, aka the best Crysis mod of all time and the Mechwarrior game we should have gotten with combined arms instead of MW:O.

Hmm, it might have been Sean Tracy on Last Great Starship, no sign of a change on his linkedin yet, but he's far away from LA in F42 Germany.

Not that being near LA at all would be bad if you worked for CIG, I'm sure it's a great place full of fun people.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

At least he can leave with his head held high in the knowledge that it was a good job well done.

You should have seen the walk before Chris Roberts had them replace the avatar skeleton 8 times.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Everything is going fine. Just fine.

reddit "Lets wait till next month and see if he gets a new position at CIG."

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

CrazyLoon posted:

It isn't *that* far-fetched to think that The Wulge did this poo poo to someone before your friend. Do note, that I had heard of him allegedly sending dickpics all around like...6 months before that thing with your friend happened, but all I got was rumors and no actual pic with which to confirm it.

But I gotta say, it'd be pretty fuckin' hilarious to see him try to spin poo poo if half a dozen of his dick pics eventually become released, due to Derek's demands: "Oh no! This totally couldn't have happened in my bathroom, mine's red! Yea yea...okay with this second pic it MIGHT look kinda similar to the first, but this just proves there's an actual harassment campaign against me! Defend me, my fellow Star Shitizens!"

Devil's advocate, his bathroom is red.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Regarding my investment:
0$. My packages are still gifted from my brother in law, but he is a concierge backer and I have access to his account. Likewise his twitter account. And vice versa. I wouldn't have a problem to "admit" anything. I paid 120E for ED, 50 for Battletech, Divinity 50€, Aquanox 50€. So one could say I love kickstarter projects.
I would have pledged a constellation package, but I got a nice birthday present, so no need to invest any money, end of story.

Regarding CIG and SC:
At the end of the day they will do whatever they think is appropriate and they only react if the pledge counter slows down. If I think the allegations are true ( I don't) doesn't make a difference.
We are all just producing noise, except the OP, he also produces also a lot of hot air. The escapist had at least the guts to stay behind their article. Mr. Smart just sends some fancy letters. Get the lawsuit going already mighty internet warlord.

Learn to quote people properly and maybe you'll get trusted with your own twitter and RSI accounts. Also "investment" :hb:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

More blogs and more hot air. As always, mighty internet warlord. And if you take it kindly or not, you are a loving liar. We are all waiting for you to do something since July and we will still be waiting in January.

If we'd learnt one thing recently, I'd have thought it was at least "don't taunt the Internet Warlord".

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Furious Mittens posted:

"Investment" is the chosen terminology of the True Believers, at least until you point out that it's lovely investment scheme. Then it's on to "support" and hand waving down extraordinary amounts of money as "don't care, I can afford to lose that!". Then they will swear up and down that they never thought of it as an investment.

It's not my twitter account, nor did I spend at least $5000, it was my brother in law.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I really don't care. If there is any evidence then he should go to the police or his lawyer and stop posting stupid blogs about how he will destroy everything and then just do nothing at all. Until now, there is no legal action besides this stupid non signed letters of his backyard attorneys.
5 days to November and still nothing happened. No one sued, no one will sue.

You need to sign your posts so we know if it's you posting or your brother-in-law.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

This guy seem like a terrible individual, a real bad poster and his extended family are likely bad too.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I really don't care. If there is any evidence then he should go to the police or his lawyer and stop posting stupid blogs about how he will destroy everything and then just do nothing at all. Until now, there is no legal action besides this stupid non signed letters of his backyard attorneys.
5 days to November and still nothing happened. No one sued, no one will sue.

Hey Karl, are you and your brother in law Matilda2013 on reddit too? I mean loving small world but if the pool of legitimate arse end crazy cultists is only half a dozen or so, how many could be from Germany right?

It would explain the rather strange focus Matilda2013 has on me considering I don't post there.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

I just want you to know that it would make my day if you took a screenshot of AP's post here and posted it in a thread so we can in turn take another screen shot of it and so fourth.

This would be good.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

One question remains: Is that the account of Karl Ramscheiss or his equally dumb brother friend distant friend?

I don't want to dox anyone as that would be bad, but did anyone really believe the brother-in-law thing?

Imagine spending over $5000 on a potential space game and being too embarrassed to admit it here, we're all friends we all make silly little mistakes like giving Chris Roberts a lot of money, "take your 12 little separate companies and spend it wisely Chris".

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Yes, we are one hive mind. Now you only need to link everything together. C'mon you can do it.

Hey, I thought it was funny. I mean I can't know for sure obviously, but I think there's a high probability that you are the German RSI crazy person, the German reddit crazy person and the current SA crazy person. Considering you all post the same poo poo, archive SA posts and appear to be crazy, you're from Germany right?

Problem I have is that if you are, then you've already lied about spending $0 on Star Citizen, so I won't believe a denial. So be a pal and confirm it because that's the only way I'll doubt it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

^^^^
Not everyone from germany is a NAZI crazy! :colbert:

I love you ken, you know I didn't mean that.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

It's all fun :). If I take offense, I'll be more direct ;).

Ken, can you help break through to Karl? I'm worried about him, I think he's got a bad case of the Citizens.

How do you say "Wake up and stop being a crazy cultist" in German?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

What's stopping the CIG cultists paying them $20 to buy an account and upgrade it to premium?

Nothing was ever really stopping them doing that and it's never been an issue before so I think you're worrying over nothing.

• Locked thread