Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

"Is it planned to expand the ‘use’ prompt to more things.
Yes, there will be a lot of options based on the environment and certain prompts that will dictate how you are able to use an object in the environment. It will be rolled out, hopefully, in 2.3 or 2.4 with Item System 2.0."
Was that a joke article?

No, all that article was doing was summing up a 10 for the chairman video from a week or two ago, the Croubler definitely went into depth on the issue in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Solar Plebian should have a flyable long hotdog in too short of a bun or something. The doghouse has been deeply related to star citizen, spiritually speaking, since the very first moment

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Personally, if I wanted something to read in the imaginary autistic dreamscape genre I would just pick up legend of the 10 elemental masters

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

G0RF posted:

"Different animations you might find in a prison...'"

:chanpop:

Croberts is just preparing VR training to get himself ready for his future life at this point

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Captain B'tak is definitely the best official forums poster. He is the true living personification of dreams...............

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Google Butt posted:

If this ever comes out, I propose we form a guild called the. "B'tak brigade" and the only think we do is hunt him down and kill him mercilessly

I can't join, I want to hunt the pony man also

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I got hung up thinking about the (rumored, of course) 1:4 time ratio :what:

My brain hurts but it's the good hurt. Bring on the star citizen, I want to see into the center of this fractal nightmare

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

I got hung up thinking about the (rumored, of course) 1:4 time ratio :what:

My brain hurts but it's the good hurt. Bring on the star citizen, I want to see into the center of this fractal nightmare

Little did we realize that the animations for sitting down in a chair and climbing up a ladder are actually sped up 4x from their actual speed. I can only salute the terrible vision of chris croberts :aaaaa:9

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Also, if you want reddit to know how you feel about something, or to keep them posted about the latest, it's far better to post here than on reddit.

Hey reddit,

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Some of the EightAce posting personas have a style similar to captain btak, and that's what I enjoy as a posting connoisseur

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

EightAce posted:

We are legion.
Eight aces in fact.
If by your comment about Btak, you reckon that it's all bullshit ..... Then check what's happening dude.

I believe in all of you all, where Btak uses his powerful style for evil you use it for good

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think captain btak just wants to disperse into the 'universe entirely like a space fart and never be seen again by human eyes. He's perhaps the most cowardly man of all time and I really like him.

Not just anyone can not only admit to their true craven nature but actually advocate for it on a public forum at every possible opportunity

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 13, 2016

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

*Presses <<USE>> to pay respects*

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Homeless Santa just updated the forum TOS. I don't have the old one to compare it to but these stuck out to me as being based on recent events for some reason!

Man oh man. Customer support is such a point of pride at CIG, and Sandi has done such a good job with it, that if you ever share your interactions with them you will be summarily banned.

I like that instead of trying to not sound like crazy people in their communications with customers, they just decided to pin it on the customers themselves. Less work that way :downs:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

good infiltration post, god speed goon soldier whoever you are o9

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

When it comes down to it the number of hours of squadron 42 episode 1 is for you to decide. You're the one who closes the game. And if you close it before the 80 hour mark, you betrayed chris crobert's Vision, and that's on you :colbert:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I am attracted to Space , I want to "gently caress" Space ...............

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A strange game, the only winning move is to pay and then not play :tizzy:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

I think this is the first time I'm actually having fun on Reddit. I'm essentially roleplaying an undercover orc convincing the Fellowship that "no guys listen, you should totally trust Boromir, he'll make an awesome ring-bearer". And the best part is that Boromir knows I'm an orc but now that he asked for the ring he can't very well say "don't listen to him guys, he just wants your destruction".

I've been wanting to do something like this for a loooong time but until he actually asked for it it was much trickier. I'm gonna push hard to put the loaded gun he asked for on his hand, it will be a matter of time until he pulls that trigger and when he does it will be all over. After that it's a question of wearing him down to the point that any newcomer will feel he walked right into North Korea.

I know you're reading this Dolvak so let me tell you, you are a loving idiot. The fact that you have the hubris to think you could and should wield this power in this environment is going to be your downfall.

This is some emperor palpatine poo poo. Give in to your hate Dolvak :unsmigghh:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Parias posted:

hi everyone what's going on in this thread :cool:

For the last few months I've been tearing apart the leaked (moddable) alpha build of SC with four primary objectives:

* Make the Constellation flyable in a build the "public" actually has access to (note: this project started before 2.0 came out, but this also uses the "old" Constellation, not the revamped one)
* Make a fun story using a combination of mission scripting edits and post-processing witchcraft, using completely original footage of a heavily modded (if buggy) game environment to capture the kind of situations I hope Star Citizen can one day pull off
* Put this goon's amazing voice in the game
* Sneak a Goonrathi logo in somewhere (you'll know it when you see it)

After an insane amount of effort (and an even more insane amount of generosity from the aforementioned goon voice-actor (3 / Arkimedes) in churning out all the dumb lines I sent him and making them actually sound awesome), I've finally accomplished all four of these objectives! I'd love to hear what you guys think :)

Introducing: Flight of the Constellation v2.0! (v2.0 because this one's way more awesome and ambitious than the first one)
https://youtu.be/8mkgfJ9ltEs

Extra special thanks to Beer for providing inspiration and pointing me in 3's direction.

who *does* this

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

BeefThief posted:

Star Citizen has soured me on the idea of crowdfunding and early access in genneral

Same, but for video games overall as well as the concept of outer space

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Happy Sisyphus posted:

you like star citizen?

I feel like his posts are windows into a parallel universe where this thread is still a hugbox it's really strange

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

mods please take this formerly good thread out behind the woodshed and do what needs to be done

As for myself, I don't think there should be any mods

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Madcosby posted:

you just know lesnick's will stipulates he's buried in a spaceship shaped coffin

probably already paid for the jpegs of the ship

see you in the 'hearse

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The good captain signing all his posts with 'at least, that's how I see it' is a solid addition to his repertoire of techniques. Good to see he isn't letting his posting style get stale.

This has been Attack the B'tak, the talk show at the end of the post, for 2/21/2016

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

BeefThief posted:

Ben is fat

drat it's true

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ben, the Star Citizen man, is overweight to a very unhealthy degree, and he has a poorer quality of life because of it. Haha

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

2.2 live!

hold on to yo butts

Finally we can unite in hate once more

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

quote:

Bounty System

In an effort to improve security in the Crusader region while their local staffing is low, Crusader Industries has activated their "Bounty" system and encourages all pilots to hunt down any wanted criminals in their space. Destroying an empty ship, colliding with a landed ship (in Monitored space), or disabling a Comm Array gives the offending character 1 level of Wanted Criminal. However, these are not cumulative and will not take your character above 1 Criminal level. Killing a player character or destroying an occupied ship (in Monitored space) gives 1 Cumulative level of Criminal. Crusader Security AI will spawn and attack any Criminal (of any wanted level), that enters the area around Cry-Astro Station or Port Olisar. There are 5 Criminal levels available. At Level 5 point, a global bounty mission is posted to all characters on the server instructing them to hunt down and kill the character. Each Criminal level adds 30 seconds of "jail time" to your respawn. When a Criminal is killed, they will be locked into their spawn-bedroom for the duration of their penalty time. If you are killed while at Criminal Level 5, you will be kicked off the server!! There are only two ways to reduce your Criminal level. Waiting 10 minutes without committing a crime will naturally reduce the level by 1. There is a console in Security Post Kareah that you can "hack". Each hack you initiate and complete drops your wanted level by 1. However, each hack takes 1 minutes to complete, and other criminals can interrupt your hack by initiating their own.

:itwaspoo:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Personally, I think I think, I think, I think, me thinks.....

edit: At least, that's what I think

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I love this thread

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Whatever we did to get the bandit loaf in trouble, I'm glad and it's good

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The trustworthy Derek Smart says he's legit so I believe in him :colbert:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Bootcha posted:

So, haven't posted in awhile, don't expect a lot of posts from me, taking a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong loving vacay from this.

Interesting talks. Will verify with sources.

One thing of note, while not a surprise to any goon here, was a surprise to me: Ben Lesnick is a lying bastard, and that hurts me personally.

See you, thanks for the good posts

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Daztek posted:

What's worse, Radium's forum code or Star Citizen's code?

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/695428195248525316

Forums code for sure, Radium at least has comments even if they appear to mostly just denote his general confusion and bigoted hatred

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Of all CIG's sins 2 minute slow mode chat is by far the greatest

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Don't Hack the B'tak

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

here's the helmet you get if you become a star citizen outlaw

:mrgw:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

So THAT'S why Sandi is eating. It's because she values interacting with Shitizens. :confused:

She could be doing something different if she wanted (working at target), instead she's cashing a seven figure paycheck. Please have pity on her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Going to that twitch webpage was like having sewage blasted in my face, in every respect

• Locked thread