Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Now I wouldn't be much of a cookie salesman if I didn't offer the "premium" version. So here she is. You'll have so many friends if you buy this one. So many friends.

I diversified my bitcoin holdings into ship jpegs.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Solarin posted:

Oh my god, Boo is Wolf Larson. Got the exact same douche chills from that reddit post as the one Wolf made about the INN embarrassment

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a lighthearted, emotionally balanced day. This post is just a quick reminder for you all to call or visit your parents wherever possible, because they love and care about you.

My parents disowned me after I doxxed them on FetLife.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fatkraken posted:

I gained approximately 111 calories of delicious nourishment (or around 1/30 of a thanksgiving carb bomb)

Wanted to make a Ben_fat/Improvised_Eating_Device joke but I've got nothing.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Guys ive been gone for a while is the avocado out with SM yet or did a magical blocker show up at the last moment that they have no idea how to fix but you bet they are close to solving show up.

ManofManyAliases posted:

there's quite a blocker right now preventing SM from going to the avocados. Content is there, but it's an interesting blocker that they're on the cusp of resolving. I'm not going to discuss more than that though.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Percelus posted:

:lesnick: is probably at the point where he needs a special device just to wipe his rear end yet doesn't think he has a weight problem

Have you looked at his arms? Does it look like they reach his rear end? That point has long come and gone.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The things an obviously bullshit schedule can achieve.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Duckaerobics posted:

If there is really no Star Marine in 2.6 I don't know if I will be able to stop loling after how smug Moma was.

At least now you can hang around the new GrimHEX bar. That's still on right? Plenty of new gameplay for WTFOSaurus.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Send help, I'm loving dying here! :laffo:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

HycoCam posted:

Did anyone not think Spectrum would be delivered and work? Spectrum is being developed by Turbulent, correct? Turbulent seems to have knowledgeable and experienced employees on staff. What Turbulent delivers works. Heck if it didn't--spergs would have had a hard time buying and CCU ships.
The funniest thing is that it's a preemptive "the grapes were sour anyway".

This guy just keeps pilling them up.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

We'll never burn dinner again, we promise!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 30, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

So wait. Which, if any, of the headline features are actually in “2.6”?

The new bar. Maybe.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ripptide posted:

I expect MoMA will be back soon with the CIG company shill line...."See, 2.6 was released. We didn't say in detail what all was going to be in it."

Well, technically...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Depends on the country I guess, over here there is a distinction between "computer" and "software" engineers, the former are more hardware oriented with a much smaller programming component.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Randarkman posted:

LOL there's a guy on a facebook group for my university who's selling personal belongings to avoid bankruptcy. One of the items he's selling is "Gaming PC built to play Star Citizen".

I wonder why he's nearing bankruptcy. He's also selling 40 "massage rods" bought from an eortic web store, each with 20 vibration settings.

Can you prove the massage rods were his? Do you have receipts? Maybe his roommates all got them and brought them to the dorm.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

[QUESTION] I'm not really into Space Games per see, but I anticipate, in light of this Recession, it might benefit me to explore the possibilities inherent in Star Citizen visavi the Real Life Economy, by which I primarily refer to Self-Employment and the profitability of Careers InVerse if you will, and what Your thoughts are of the viability of Financing not just the Game by playing, but also the Support of one's household

[CHRIS] Ummm well, it won't be in 3.0 or probably uh, tup tup 3.1 but we're like thinking of some really cool stuff

:nyd:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

DISCO: Hello backers and welcome to the holiday stream! Today we are joined by the head Emperor himself, Chris Roberts!

*Chris is shown with a strained, wide smile on his face. His bloodshot eyes are wide open, vibrating. A tiny stream of spittle is leaking from his clenched teeth*

DISCO: Chris, the internet is talking non-stop about 2.6. But some, and I hate to say trolls but we all know who they are, are saying that 2.6 is in fact not the giant leap forward we promised. What do you say to that?

*Chris continues to sit still, staring ahead with a maniacal expression. Disco pats him on the shoulder, making him jump three feet off his seat*

CHRIS: MOTHERFUCKER DON'T YOU EVER TO--*looks at camera and calms down*--Yes, Yes I do random employee.

DISCO: I'm Disco Lando...I've been with this project...

CHRIS: Yes yes I'm sure that is fascinating. But I am here to dispel some of the flagrant lies that have been spread around the internet about my masterpiece. And because this is the holiday season I find it only appropriate to say...

*Chris takes a deep breath and puts on his best fake smile*

CHRIS: 2.6 was inside us all along.

DISCO *Nodding, sagely*: Heavy stuff man. I think speaking for myself, and all the backers who have kept this project alive, that we knew all along 2.6 was inside us. Okay, so now we will...

*Chris fiddles with his hands as Disco continues to talk.*

CHRIS: Inside us all. *louder* INSIDE US ALL!

*Chris smacks table, startling Disco.*

DISCO: Um..

CHRIS: I'll prove it! Prove it to you all!

*Chris takes out a dagger and plunges it deep into Disco's gut. Chris starts to tear the dagger upwards*

CHRIS: IT'S INSIDE US! INSIDE US! I'LL SHOW YOU IT'S INSIDE US!

*Chris starts to spill the insides of Disco onto the desk as the livestream cuts out*

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:sympathy:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Shart posted:

So I finally decided to join as I have a few bones to pick. You'll be seeing more of me you better get used to it.

This will take a few moments so everyone shut the gently caress up til Im done or risk the ownzone.

countdown to balls

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

VealCutlet posted:

I watched an interesting doco on Scientology yesterday, was pretty interesting to see some of the similarities between cults.

Namely how the backers are in an abusive situation yet they keep handing over money. Can't help the indoctrinated sometimes.

$140 million should get you up the OT ladder pretty fast, not to mention Chris and Sandi could get a lot of contacts in Hollywood and it would help with Chris' inability to speak in public without sounding like a retard.

The backers would never know.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

The star marine footage was offline mode but the AI is so advanced it really really looks like there are other 50 year old sci fi pedos in the gameplay video

:drat:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

thatguy posted:

MoMA use these:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

Nice. So you still didn't answer. Alright then.

Anyway, have you downloaded tonight's Evocati build any any chance? Is SM enabled now? :smuggo:?

Also, you have contacts, so it's hilarious to me that you have to use fake videos from Reddit as an argument for whether or not a critical and promised module is in a patch release. And yesterday, you were all like: :smuggo:

Then CIG did what they always do: leave their backers and avid supporters out to dry

Then you switch to +1 hostile, +2 attack, +9 meltdown mode because, well, you have nothing - and 2.6 is still shite

It's also hilarious to me that with all this "open development", not only did CIG not release patch notes to the backers - because that would put to bed all the obfuscation they're doing - but nobody is brave enough to ask them on Reddit or the RSI forum whether or not said critical component was actually enabled/active or not. Because backers are probably afraid that asking would get them probated. Nice.

Even the scam can't get anything right. That's how crooks get caught btw.

Well at least we know he's not Toast.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Spoiler Alert: It's not Star Marine

e: also it's nsfw probably in case you haven't figured that out.

So D_Shart is Ryan Archer's alt?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Variable 5 posted:

:ughh:

How many :smug: smileys will Derek post when he tries to play this latest bit of stupidity off?

I say 8.

Out of curiosity, how's your refund status?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
New thread title is good and cool, much like doxxing.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I don't even understand what these "benefits of backing early" are. Why would people - outside this man's fantasy - demean themselves begging to "have their refund reversed" rather than just quietly and discreetly pay $60 and get all the ships with ingame currency?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

The UI is the livestream is way different.

How about the UI in the Illfonic SM stream?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

King of Cheeses posted:

Star Marine is the defining aspect of 2.6.

Example: http://imperialnews.network/2016/10/starmarine/

There's amazing mental gymnastics from some posters on the F:D Star Citizen Thread that its plausible a developer might not know if Star Marine is in 2.6 or not. I just can't see it. I'm sure its big news in the company. They've also tried to shift the narrative from "Star Marine is not in 2.6" as meaning its not accessible or playable to "Derek said Star Marine does not exist but it does, you've just got to hack the game and you can run around the levels." Its some kind of crazy to even call that Star Marine without multiplayer interaction using server and network code.

If Star Marine turns up in a later build I'd call that out as being 2.7 as its a significant update.

CIGs game development is so open not even their own devs know what they just released to the backers.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

For my part, if they intended to release SM as part of 2.6, it stands to reason that the assets would already be included in the build. That's just standard practice. Since it's not yet ready for testing, they didn't enable it - yet. That's pretty much the long and short of it.

Why did CIG even include this poo poo that they have to pay to upload, people have to pay to download, that they can't play and is completely irrelevant because the next "patch" will be the complete build again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

One would only be hungover if they sipped on your juice, boo boo. But to answer you - SM is very much alive and well in the 2.6 build and is playable (more than just a 4v4 by the way). It runs at 70-90 fps on a mid-range machine and hangars now load fully in less than 5 seconds. Caterpillar is amazing - very functional. It's pretty much all cargo right now and open from the sides. All modular. Great visibility.

No. You won't get any proof or evidence from me. This series of NDA is extremely strict. You will very likely not see any leaks from evocati on this on reddit either. But, if screens/vids do eventually leak, feel free to reference this post.

• Locked thread