Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
deepak smizzra appears to be kickin it old school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Page 9 and no star bunny.jpg

Rated 1

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Amun Khonsu posted:

WTF are we looking at here?

Don't play the innocent

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
REC is only used for the renting of jpgs in the pre alpha tech demo

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Just spotted the crobber himself in London.

Looks like mocap's back on the menu boys

Banano fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 30, 2015

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

shut up and go away

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

last but not least

otherwise, bravo

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Just had the refund for my last remaining bits hit my bank account.

In reply to those above saying that CIG had said they can't do VD refunds, partial refunds or refunds of gifted items, I've had all three. It seems like whatever your situation is, the refund is never available for the thing that would get you the most money back. How unfortunate!

VD refunds: gently caress you, it was real money paid for in-game items for a game that doesn't exist. gently caress you, give me my money.

Partial refunds: gently caress you, it was for a digital spaceship that you never made for a game that doesn't exist. gently caress you, give me my money.

Gifted Items: gently caress you, it was for a spaceship that I gifted to an alt account and then gifted back. gently caress you, give me my money.

If I went to a store and put money down for some unreleased toy for my niece and gifted her the receipt in lieu of the thing on her birthday and then the thing couldn't be built for some tragic reason a terrible fire at the jpg factory I'm fairly sure that

a) I could get my money back from the store upon presentation of the receipt.
b) there would be no quibble from the store/supplier
c) any attempt to resist refunding would result in a swift arsefucking from the law

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
It's because of the crocs more than the sweatpants

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Tank Boy Ken posted:

"Barbie's Dreamhouse".

If it had been an option at the time I would have voted for it.

iirc the wing commander name tie in was an attempt to pander somewhat to the hysterical eve casualties and persuade them that we weren't all evil monsters from beyond the stars which worked out really well

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

LCL-Dead posted:

He counted ships I received, melted, rebought with LTI and then gifted back to the original owner as me gifting ships outright.

its an enigma wrapped in a riddle etc etc.

how much do you think you're owed?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
ah, so you were doing LTI laundering for others.

Their own records would show what you received and returned. So they are trying to say that you gifted away more than you actually spent and thus you somehow are in negative money spent? :psyduck:

Good news if you live in a western style democracy because there will be a consumer/criminal law that fucks them in the rear end. In the UK we have the citizens advice bureau for free legal advice on minor/consumer matters, if you have an equivalent I suggest you give them a call.

...............................................:gary:.....................................................

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
wow I didn't know there was a stream happening

oh god luke skywalkers had acid thrown in his face

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
piss boberts

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

:lol:

just start a chargeback

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
The crobber, Ben, homeless santa and sandi
jfc

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
I'm the tri-SLI 780ti rig constructed in 2013 to play STAR CITIZEN

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

peter gabriel posted:

WHAT EXCITEMENT HOW DO I PLAY THIS EXCITING ROLE?

I suspect pressing a button

perhaps several times over the course of a session

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
I'm going up the 'verse, nerds, don't you wanna go?
I'm going up the 'verse, nerds, don't you wanna go?
I'm going to some place where you've never been before.

I'm going, I'm going where the ships jank all the time.
Well, I'm going where the ships jank all the time.
You can ram each other, gently caress you I got mine.

I'm gonna leave this city, got to get away.
I'm gonna leave this city, got to get away.
All this fussing and fighting, man, you know I sure can't stay.

Now Sandi, pack your leaving trunk, you know we've got to leave today,
Just exactly where we're going I cannot say, but
We might even leave the USA,
'Cause there's a brand new game that I want to play.

No use of you running, or screaming and crying,
Don't care if you're homeless, long as I got mine

to the tune of this

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

gently caress it, if Aphex Twin is playing star citizen i'm buying back in

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

something elite can only dream of.

just loving give up braben you pathetic hack

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Telemicus posted:

Space is bigger
It's bigger
Than Ben, and you’re in my ship
The reddits that I will go to
The jpegs in your eyes
Oh no, I've paid too much
I sent them booze

That's him in the Connie
That's him in the wheelchair
Losing his immersion
Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no I've paid too much
I haven't paid enough

I thought that I heard you paaarping
I thought that I saw you post
I think I thought I saw you buy

Every package
Of every funding sale
I'm choosing my collection
Trying to keep an eye on Chris
Like a hurt lost and blinded fool
Oh no, I've said too much
I got banned

Consider this
The gif of the century
Consider this
The slip that brought me
To Derek’s new blog post
What if all these sperging whales
Come flailing around
In just two weeks

I thought that I heard you shave
I think I thought I saw her act

But that was just a dream
That was just a dream

That's me in the Idris
That's me in the CryMod
Losing my immersion
Trying to hide from my wife
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no I've doxxed too much
I haven't shaved enough

I thought that I heard you crash
I think I thought I saw you launch

But that was just a dream, try, cry, why, try
That was just a dream, just a dream, just a dream
Dream

:golfclap:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
those are the propellers idiot

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
has anyone compiled a definitive list of all the features this is supposed to have? is it even possible is what i'm really asking

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Natron posted:

I'll put a Vita in one of the pockets so you can play an actual good game. I'm sure Star Citizen will have enough fidelity to allow your thumbs to control a Vita in space.

your thumbs will be only be controlling the thumbs of your spaceman and it will be he who actually plays the vita

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
i might if not for the fact that 16 hours of guffawing a day instead of just 8 would probably finish me

ah well back to page 1500 i go, see you in a week

Banano fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 30, 2016

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
caught up with the thread.gif

:gary:gently caress all y'all:yarg:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

ThoughtBomb posted:

Forgive Me...

:golfclap:

now do Derek

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

kikkelivelho posted:

How is this thing ever going to run on a console when it regularly brings state of the art PCs to their knees. Or are we talking about a PS5 / XBONE2 release?

By the time it happens star citizens release coinciding with that of the seventh xbox will come as no surprise to anyone

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

Clearly this is an area that requires more research. I think they should open up a several-million-dollar format research center

only one?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

moonraker posted:

Also who can forget SG Oscar winning performance at gamescom , I had a tear in my eye . I was a bit worried about where the backers money was going, but thank god CR walked in on water later in the show and dropped a shed load of paper on the floor like John Wayne spitting his gum out , for one of his minions to pick up later . I knew at that moment , the millions of donated dollars where in safe hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibI9Lmv2BFY

:eyepop:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Madcosby posted:

wait when you bought back in you spent $2500??

this thread never ceases to deliver

:vince: :laffo:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Tippis posted:

I had a look when it first appeared and parts-wise, you probably have to spend $1,000 to get the current equivalents of what's in that box (a couple of components aren't available any more and have moved on to a new release generation). If you're willing to pay a premium for the assembly and the … ehrm … fabulous decorations, it might even still be worth that much.

…except that it's a very stupid build that offers an interesting combination of ridiculous power draw, massive heat, and comparatively little oomph. So from that perspective, even 600 might be too much.

Except he was asking £2500 which equates to about $3600

In fairness to him, it probably wasn't exactly unreasonable to think that at least one citizen would be willing to stump up for it.

Banano fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 9, 2016

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

runsamok posted:

£2500 was the liquidation price. It was initially listed at £3500

christ alive. He probably should have posted a theoretical spec list and promised to bespoke build it within 1.5 - 2 years

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Eightace how are there not a full blown series of witch trials trying to root you out? Given what happened to others accused leaking the most inconsequential info I'm surprised every skeleton at foundry 42 hasn't been replaced with liquid metal by now.

Stay safe developer ghost :ohdear:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
‘I remember how it started; I remember the day my life changed. June 7th, 2917. I was six years old, in Primary, and our Teacher asked us a question. THE question. The most important question anyone has to answer, ever.

What do you want to be when you grow up? the Teacher asked us, its vocal tubes humming. A veritable bevy of hands shot up; young, impressionable minds ready to spout out answers. My hand shot up as well. How could it not? I was excited, we all were.

An instant later, the answer order had shot up on the monitor at the front of the class. Tichondrius, Timmy for short, was first, as usual. His cybernetic arm was only fractions of a second faster than a normal arm, but when the order is drawn up by a GNP targeting system, every fraction of a second counts. Timmy was always first to answer, and oh how he lorded it over the rest of us, us “mere mortals” as he’d lovingly laugh.

I want to be a Pirate! he yelled, beaming. He got to Pirate first, and now no-one else in the class could pick it too. Everyone had to be something special. Who would want to be what someone else wanted to be? It just would not work.

And so along through the class we went. Pirate, Pilot, Tracker, Doctor, Miner, Racer, on and on and on. Cyberneticist, Exobiologist, Explorer. Everyone in the class had a plan; something they wanted to be. Molly wanted to be a Starliner captain; Molly stole my first dream. It’s what I had wanted, but she’d gotten there first. Fine, I thought. Fine, if I can’t be a Starliner captain, I’ll be a...a...a Merchant!

Jahnus beat me to that.

Merchants are too rushed anyway, I thought, slowly. Who wanted to be a Merchant. A Mechanic was what I REALLY wanted to be. The excitement, the devotion, the people you’d get to meet!

Thint beat me to that.

Mechanics get all dirty, I thought, mollifying myself. Such hard work, and EVA’ing is dangerous. Not for me. No, no, what I really wanted to be was a...a Marine!

Samsa beat me to that.

A Policewoman!

Cansas beat me to that.

An info runner!

An Engineer!

A...a Gunner? A Cook? A Janitor?

Beat me to it, beat me to it, and beat me to it.

And then it was my turn. My name turned a pale blue on the monitor. I was last, as usual. I was busy racking my small mind, trying to think of something that had not yet been taken; trying to think of what no-one else wanted to be. The class turned and stared at me, the Teacher analyzed me, I started to cower, started to shake. Just a little, but it would get worse. It always got worse. I had to answer; had to think of something.

I want to be a Garbage woman! I blurted without thinking.

And that was it. That was the most important moment in my life. Oh, sure, you might laugh. Who wants to be a garbage woman?

Well, look at me today. Twenty-seven years later, I own a half-dozen Reclaimers and a fleet of Freelancers. I have seventy-five pilots working under me, garbage men and women all. They’re like a family, they’re all like me. They must have had that same fateful day too; that day where others slowly pick their dreams away from them, one by one. So I take them in, make sure they’re safe.
And they are. Because you know what happens to everyone else?

Marines, they get shot.

Police, info-runners, gunners, merchants, pirates, they all get blown up.

Doctors and Mechanics get raided.

Cooks and Janitors get airlocked for slights.

Who notices the humble garbage woman?

No-one. Not until they’re floating, derelict and abandoned, and the claw on my Reclaimer sloooowly crushes through their life-support systems. And then they clamour, and they bluster and they cry, and they offer me money, and power, and fame. And you know what I say, every time?’

‘PLEASE! Please, we, we have money, we can...you can have the ship! You can have my life’s savings! Just let us...

‘Every time, I say the same thing. I’m just taking out the trash.’

I love the vibrations as the claw closes slowly. I can’t hear it, can’t hear the cracks and groans of the metal; can’t hear the screams of those inside either, not anymore. I’ve shut off the comms. But the vibrations...they run through the whole of the Halcyon, my Reclaimer slowly picking the Merchant derelict apart, piece by piece.

I’ve been asked before, why I do it. Their offers of money, of cargo, why I don’t take them. I’d make more money taking their valuables than I do salvaging their ships.

But why should I?

Why should I let them continue?

They stole my dreams from me. The Pirates, the doctors, the marines. The police, the mechanics, all of them. They stole my dreams from me, left me a Garbage woman.

I’m just taking out the garbage.

My primary school classmates too were forced to pick exclusive careers from an ever dwindling list aged six :psyduck:

Banano fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 10, 2016

• Locked thread