Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Goobs posted:

Those are probably dudes, too.

Probably you say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

to be fair he's taking the lack of gameplay into his own hands, fair play to him.

also thanks mom

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

redwalrus posted:

Galarox, you have inspired me to take my work to the next level.

Yes

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Historical inaccuracies aside am I the only one who thinks that every single one of these 'pieces' looks like absolute dogshit and not worth even a quarter of the asking price? That 'blackhawk' box for example just looks incredibly poorly made

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The tetanus is free!

Honestly I thought the desk in and of itself was pretty cool and might make for a good centerpiece of an office depending on your profession, but the majority of the stuff is terrible and ugly.

The homemade desk effort is absolutely fine - it's been homemade for a tiny fraction of the price. The professionally produced items look about as good and for 10 times as much money.

overpriced wank shop posted:

Tim left boarding school aged 18, thinking hed probably end up a city banker. That first summer, he helped out in his dads business and was captivated by the world of antiques.

Banano fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 24, 2016

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Galarox posted:

probable double post, anyways, Dereck wants to be in at.... the Autopsy! (By Rembrandt)

christ alive

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Plural Abysss posted:

So I googled "ovipositor", and that led me to a vice article on the Splorch. Google at your own peril

I hate you

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

That flower thing is just so loving lazy - presumably its supposed to be something remarkable in the context of tens or hundreds of inhabitable worlds and their flora. So just pick the loudest purple in photoshop and fire up the ol' fill tool

And what someone earlier said about how interesting it is to hear a true visionary like Carmack just ramble on is true - I've just sat through a couple of hours of him talking about poo poo that was really nothing new to me and it was still interesting. He also had this to say about scope creep:

https://youtu.be/EaN4wUii0T0?t=57m37s

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

no no no no no nononono

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

I just wanted to say:

Thank you Derek

Thank you everyone

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

This took far too long for what it is

https://youtu.be/F7M5QnyJHfA

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

pette that creature immediately

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Galarox posted:

Sgt Parpers Lonely Smarts Club Band

This is fantastic

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

I spy Carmack and I think Bill Roper

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

They are right Derek it is too loving blue

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Also I am in the middle of an exploration run in elite and the way you scan solar systems is by unleashing a mighty paarp that travels for billions of miles. I'm sure this is pure coincidence but I choose to believe it is deliberate on the part of elite devs.

I am literally parping my way across the 'laxy it's great

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

I'm still miles behind but I just wanted to say

Solomonic posted:

Tbh the man of many aliases' willingness to just say 'yeah I spent four grand on a nonexistent video game, and I'm happy with that' seems more respectable than Sarsapariller getting a refund and then seeing a spaceship jpeg under a cardboard box held up by a stick and buying back in for $2.5k

Like, at least stick to your guns on this poo poo

loving

seriously Sarsapaparillere come back to us. you may get mocked now and again for a bad decision but no-one actually thinks you're a bad person because of it.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

He should be proud to be part of a successful crowdfunded space game

FrankieGoes posted:

She got the house, he got the jpegs. They both feel like they came out on top.

Phi230 posted:

I'm sitting in a system trying to grind sadly. But I keep up with the news in game because I know Frontier has some good writing going on plus I like to keep in the know.

I'm too stupid for EVE so it makes me feel inclouded in my space game

contact the diamond frogs and scrubgrind no more!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3740324

ManofManyAliases posted:

If you want to nitpick, note that your punctuation should come before your end quotes:

"fleshed," and "peak."

But - do you.

you are a bellend matey

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Tippis posted:

If you say so

loving christ robots

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Anyone remember this video interview with the crobbler and braben from all the way back in 2012?

https://youtu.be/NvPU8e2ezgo?list=P...zDypNFCmcznFFSj

There is gold in there. Somethingjones is gonna be busy.

also

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

ok 1500 posts you fuckers. what's happened since yesterday and what page did it happen on

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

TacticalNecromancy posted:

It's the commando's expression that gets me the most.

should he even have a face though?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

XK posted:

poo poo, Derek. I don't consider myself OCD, but everyone I've ever lived with has commented on my specific rules for loading the dishwasher. Bowls go on the top rack, with one space between them. Dishes on the bottom, small dishes next to each other, large dishes with a space between. There's just a certain way things need to be arranged in order to be cleaned properly. Silverware is separated by type into the baskets, handle end up, so you can grab them out in easy handfuls to put in the drawer.

I'm also specific about cleaning my glasses, but can't get into buying disposables; best I've found is old soft-knit underwear. When you get a bunch of crud in the edges of your frames, you can stick them in the dishwasher.

Buy a small ultrasonic cleaner, you will NOT regret it

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

holy loving christ roberts derek

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

D1E posted:

So are CIG's offices getting raided by the Feds on Wednesday?

That's the only reason I can think of that it's important that they don't crack the code before then, so they don't shred/burn all the evidence.

But Derek said Erin knows, and I'm assuming that applies to the rest of the top tier executives. They probably shredded the actual accounting books a long time ago.

Gaaaah I'm so frustrated.

i don't know about the US but in the UK I think in the case where evidence has been deliberately destroyed juries get instructed to assume the absolute worst implications that evidence might have pointed to

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

I have never tried those. Any specific brand I should try?

Don't think it matters too much as there's not much to them really. Mine was about 30 and has lasted 5 years so far.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

so the $20,000 coffee machine was just the usual goon rumours and lies as usual. Colour me surprised

$10,000 coffee machine

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Does anyone have a link to the script? I had a moment of weakness, skipped a 1000 posts and must have missed it

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Scruffpuff posted:

I guarantee that several have cracked this - Derek has confirmation from some of them. There's a reason those people haven't said a word. Two weeks.

Well half of one week really. I'm considering asking for Wednesday off due to unforseen circumstances

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

hhhat posted:

Anyone know if they're making a new x wing game yet since I still want my reason to buy vr and this seems like not it

http://enemystarfighter.com/blog/

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

someone put him out of his misery. that's no life at all

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

D1E posted:

It seems appropriate that one of the best threads in SA Forums history became one of the worst, almost overnight.

Goons ruin everything.

Wow this code thing really hurt you

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Ravachol posted:

Dreams die hard. Space opera based on Heart of Darkness staring Gary Oldman is pretty much all I want from a game.

Oh well, there's always the vast and crushing solitude of Elite to fall back on.

Like specifically or would a similarly ranked actor have been sufficient?

How much?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Daztek posted:

Distress Beacon System: CONFIRMED

What outcome were you expecting

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Fooma posted:

I miss Boocha. Didn't he say one of his regrets leaving was his friendship with Ben? I wonder how much he knew then. I'd love to hear his side of things, especially this IRC thing since he was likely part of some of this in the early days as a die-hard WC fan.

It looked a lot like he knew him from way back, possibly from school

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

if crobber is getting cuckled six ways from sunday that should surprise exactly no-one. all you need to do is look at him, look at her, and factor in what is apparent about her personality to even a casual observer.

there were also a couple of vids in the very early days featuring good looking contractors where she was all but drooling at the gash

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

please let crobagnon man's money grubbing bring about the fall of the current tory government

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Info redux guy you are a bad poster and also quite annoying

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

Enemy Starfighter

Visceral dogfights and the worlds longest love letter to TIE Fighter. Also a roguelike and RTS. Sort of.

the game is never coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005

Soiled Meat

when did tugboat become a mussulman

• Locked thread