Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

really though, Gintama is an excellent show

its basically set in neo-Feudal Tokyo (so sort of Feudal Japan, but there are things like cars, cell phones, etc mixed in) with aliens

its kind of an actiony anime, its a parody of actiony anime, its a parody of really any anime, its funny, its sad, its got great characters

The first 15 or so episodes may be considered kind of slow because there is a huge loving cast of characters they have to introduce

Last i checked that drat show is still going tho, is that still true? I like shows that have an ending too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

the last episode of this season will be in 2 days, then they will be on break, probably until the manga finishes which will be either this year or next year

I think i'll wait til that time then comrade elephant Eonwe!

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Not music for everything burning down (or maybe??), but for those tense moments before all is revealed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Risc1911 posted:

Quick update on Ryan "the Tracer" Archer.

I have since sent his information and his stolen art to the copyright owners.

Eric Belisle who worked for WotC/D&D.
FOX Network and Seth Mc Fahrlan for the Family guy Chicken Boba trace.
Disney for the Boba Fet trace even though it was a copy of a copy.
Reported him to LinkedIn. He got an endorsement from Ben so i think he is one of Ben's buddies. He is also a real bellend: "I am passionate about Art, Marketing and Web Design. I believe good marketing means taking a good product that people want and getting it in front of those people." (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanarcherart)

I also contacted some friends at SONY, Warner, EMI and Universal to see what can be done to make his name poo poo in the whole industry. People like him that pad their non existent portfolio with stolen artwork need to be blacklisted.

Sorry for the rant, still on meds and sick, i go back to bed now.

Your service has not gone unnoticed, commando.

Now rest for pete's sake :ohdear:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mr.Tophat posted:

Trust in the elephant, all else will fit into place commando

I hear walruses are p.wise, i am glad to hear this is the truth.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

Edit: This is a shop job of Gatsby. He is a vile and petulant monster who will attack anyone he doesn't know. I love him.

Ah i see you own the literal Schroedingers Cat, half-phased out of reality

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

Man, sometimes when I'm working on solar plebeian, I just have these holy poo poo, is this actually happening? moments. This was one of those moments.

code:
    public string GetPrefabName(Ship.Class shipClass, Ship.Race shipRace)
    {
        switch (shipRace)
        {
            case Ship.Race.Goonrathi:
                return goonShips[shipClass];

case Ship.Race.Sperg:
                return spergShips[shipClass];

case Ship.Race.Stimpire:
                return stimperialShips[shipClass];

default:
                return stimperialShips[shipClass];
        }
    }

So what am i looking at here exactly? Im.. im not that smart.. :ohdear:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

This is part of the logic for spawning new ships during the game. It asks two things:

What race are you? Goonrathi, Sperg, or Stimpire?
What class ship do you want? (options are: Scout, Shuttle, Fighter, Corvette, Cruiser, Capital)

It then returns a reference to that ship's "game object" and the spawn logic creates a new instance of that ship at the position requested (most of that is not in the code I pasted).

Ah Alright, Gotcha

Are you putting in more effort than CIG at this point? Cause it almost feels that way :v:

Keep up the good work commando

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

Not so much the brand as “why?!”, “how?!”, “what's wrong with you if you have ‘cheese’ that look like that!?” and “why do you hate Andrew Jackson?” Questions like that.

If it helps, considering the age of the picture (what, 5-10 years?) Shes most likely dead already.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I got me a tenpack of Elixir steel strings for $42 a while ago, which is about 15% of Swedish retail price

I'm pretty convinced they're legit

Det kommer inte sluta väl min vän

(Jag hoppas det gör det dock!)

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Star Citizen Horror game confirmed

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I am serious though we need to make sure we get to page 3000 on Wednesday

At the rate we're going at we're gonna be at 3000 tomorrow tuesday though :ohdear:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You just wait 'til PI finds out what we did with all those cat pics

W..What will they do? :ohdear:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

And he posts! (And now I can see it is a bear. :haw:)

Yes, not a dog you whelp! Also hi :haw:

And now back to lurking..

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

For you, the day MeLKoR revealed his insanity was the craziest day of your life. For this thread, it was Thursday.

Goddamnit you made me remember Raul Julia is dead :smith:, also made me lol but still!

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Its back! We're back!

Breathe the free air, goons.. Breathe the free air..! :unsmith:

VideoGames posted:

I will be reading and following along with the thread, and if I miss anything of this nature then please report it so that it may be acted upon.

If you can keep up with this chaotic mess, then you're a saint. Or a robot.. Maybe both.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

surc posted:

I use the picture in your avatar as the background to literally everything it is possible for me to, so you are a good poster

Im a terrible choice poster who Lurks 80% of the time, but thanks!

Im also a nerd with terrible taste in games because this is AV and nick for that matter is about my dumb druid that ive been playing in WoW on and off since '06 more or less.

Speaking of which, that loving door is an obscenity, not even Blizzard who is a successfull billion dollar company has pulled that kind of poo poo.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gwaihir posted:

Also I sorta only have time to keep up with one outrageous post spam thread and I let this one languish for a long while because the Trumpening of the repub primary thread was just a better trainwreck for a long time. That one's getting a little boring though, so!

Hey, an honest question here and all, how's MWO theese days, if you play it at all that is?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gwaihir posted:

I haven't played much myself lately, but I still keep up with the goings on and I think it's been a slow stead march of improvements, if nothing really new or amazing (aka Paul is still there). There's a shitload of 'Mechs available and they're getting better at making them all more OK vs most being laughable garbage with a few standouts that everyone uses.

Ah, cool to hear. I've just been checking into the thread now and again and its not caught my fancy but it was fun to shoot mechs with Squawwk Goons.

Gwaihir posted:

e: I think if CW was what you were interested in it's a resounding :| though. The underlying robot game itself is still good at least, so long as some of the remaining boneheaded decisions don't send you in to a fit of rage.

I kinda got this from the thread and how theres been no active drive to turn more goons to the game again.

Funny how CIG makes PGI look like a A++ Great Devhouse in comparison.

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 15, 2016

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

Solar Plebeian Tech Deep-Dive: Asset Pipeline part 1.

This my first time actually narrating a video, so feedback would be great. I noticed right off that I shake my loving mouse around like I just went for a roll in CIG's cocaine swimming pool, so I'll work on that. Also, I was well into the Stella Artois, so forgive the occasional word-snag.

It's pretty techy stuff, so if it gets boring, let me know how I can spice it up.

If you get bored, at least cut to 7:00 to catch my CIG/CR normal map rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QbsZ8fhKd0

I know nothing of what you just did but the spitting boiling acid fury when you get to your CIG-rant :allears:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

As much as I want to believe this as being true.
I kinda have my doubts because of the whole TOS section...

Why would any employee even bother commenting about a TOS change? This has literally nothing to do with them.

Oh well I give it the benefit of doubt.

While i too hope against hope for this to be true, it ends on " a few weeks", which should tell you everything you need to know :v:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lol they're monetizing the refund requests, lol they are out of money lol

just lol

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My theory on the $15 fee is that the guy getting charged received the ship from someone else, that person demanded a chargeback, and CIG is extorting the fee out of the gift recipient by holding the account hostage.

So not a monetization of the refund requests, but an indirect monetization of the grey market?

I'd say that sounds like a slippery slope.

That is, if this wasn't CIG and the fact that they're already past the slope, past the greasy sludge pool at the end of the slope and firmly inside the backer grease refinery where dreams are made into lucrative glue.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

KM Scorchio posted:

So what are the bets on the first fatality when this project finally folds? Backer suicide? Devs lynched by by distraught citizens? Bens precarious health gives out in the face of seeing his idol fall from grace? I seriously can't see this thing fading away without some bloodshed given how invested so many crazy people are at this point.

The people who spent tens of thousands of dollars and lost their spouse/family due to this insanity rate very high on the suicide watchlist after all this is over.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hey.. HEY!

He can't do that! :mad:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

It should say "Infinite Warlord" in the smaller yellow text

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Krakenwagen posted:

Oh yes, Eternal Crusade, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada and now Dawn of War III. This is a glorious year.

And Total War: Warhammer, that is if you fancy Fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

You catte 1) looks like our catte, 2) behaves like our catte when it's in reception of belly rubs, 3) appears to be residing on a sofa uncannily similar to our sofa.

My only hypothesis is you are either me or my housemate from an alternate reality, and your posts are somehow bleeding through the fabric of space into mine.

Or the posts were coming from INSIDE the house all along!!

• Locked thread