Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I'm not all up on the drama of this Star Citizen bullshit, but when this was all getting started I said to myself, "Hey, isn't Chris Roberts the dude that failed at everything after Wing Commander?"

Then I didn't buy the hypothetical game. I'm a pretty smart guy is what I'm trying to say, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I'm so close to buying SC, you have no idea. My only hope is the blog, Derek. Save me from myself.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Derek dude c'mon it's getting close to the witching hour here and I don't know how long I can hold myself back.

I mean this looks like a pretty good deal for a spaceship, right? And I'm reading about this "gray market" thing where there are some better options if you've got more than 45 smackers on you. I can go without lunch for a few weeks if it means a better spaceship and this website looks legit so you better hurry.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

So the store page says "Fly Now" but I can't figure out where I need to go to actually "Fly Now."

Can someone help?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

I can't believe there's no blog post. Despite the vitriol and the bad reputation Dr. Derek Smart has garnered over the years I still...believed, somehow. I dunno. Call it faith. Call it belief in the innate goodness of man. For better or worse I trusted Derek with my vast galactic fortune.

Unfortunately reality doesn't seem to mesh with my naive hopes; Derek Smart has run off with all my spaceships. All my investments. This was my little girl's college fund, Derek. What will I tell her now?

Well consider my eyes open, Mr. "Desktop Commander." The blinders are off, hope is dead, and my salad days lay far behind me.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Reddit I can assure you the Goon Spaceship Rage™ is very real.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

This is pretty much a SA / Reddit communication channel with how much they're browsing and yanking out the juicy bits.

Reddit you should get on-board with what we're doing and post some cat pics too. It would be endearing.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Eonwe posted:

What's bens favorite food?

Whatever man he isn't picky

Please don't fatshame Ben. He might have a glandular disorder. An enormous, unrelenting glandular disorder.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Well they're starting to post cat pics over there now. I guess I'm content with that.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Nation posted:

rip lacey 18 years :S

got her from a shelter she had a broken nose and was scared of sound, died ruling over a pack of work dogs on the farm :3:

Sorry to hear about puppers. She was far more real than Star Citizen ever will be.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

azurelinctus brings the hammer down

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Raskolnikov posted:

Gentlegoons we can't shitpost here, this is reddit, we have Standards.

"See this badge? It says 'Redditor.' I earned this. What have you earned, shitstain?"

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Eonwe posted:

instead of front page of the internet i feel like they should get a new slogan

reddit - haven for pedophiles

Maybe a little too on the nose but I feel like they could make something happen with that.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Reddit - Can someone explain why this is funny?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Eonwe posted:

i like your av

Thanks bud. You too.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Raskolnikov posted:

hey ADTRW sure cleaned up it's act after lowtax rounded up the well known pedos and they ran off to make 4chan. Oh. :smith:

People seem to forget what the acronym stands for as well as how often the acronym is accurate.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Tarranon posted:

Ah, you guys must be referring to VEGETA :)

the hoverover on the subforum link still tells the real story.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

"Floors are for putting things." -Floor Expert

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Sillybones posted:

instead of being weird,

Lol, I don't think you "get" Reddit.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Devian666 posted:

Does your floor have carpet on it?

I've got carpet, wood, tile, etc. It's an assortment of floor over here.

I even have a few types of not-floor, usually referred to as "ground." Usually I plant stuff in that rather than putting stuff on it. It's a little complicated to explain, I guess.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Just curious, I know this has been posted before, but would you guys say this is representative of the average Star Citizen "organization"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNlWQ3s5Xc8

I don't own any spaceships so I can't speak with any authority on it. They seem like cool enough dudes in the video.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

This is not the result I'd expect from the man that brought us Battlecruiser 3000AD.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Derek I just want you to know that, as a father, I'm incredibly disappointed in you.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Sweet dreams, thread. You think there will be a blog post waiting to wake me, come morning?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Who is this spacetoaster imposter?!?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

drat. Babbages and EB have been gone for how long now?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

It was nice of lowtax to gift his contributors with a mark of shame.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Wafflz posted:

I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a forum of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from. The reality is that people see something in the forum that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

lol

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

When I donate to things I tend to do it anonymously, so I'm not big on the whole 'hey dudes, this guy decided to spend money' thing. I hope the popsicle sticks bring you endless joy.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Are they still posting cats over in the subreddit? This is important.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Buglord is the best popsicle title, just fyi.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

wyoak posted:

Most companies have to pay for their street team, they got people to pay them to do it, seems like a marketing win to me
like if a product was actually coming out this would be a marketing masterclass, they've already got a massive base of loyal customers and a good amount of name recognition

A lot of this is based on the retarded amount of goodwill and nostalgia people have for the old Wing Commander games. I know a few people irl that are incredibly intelligent and not dopes in any sense of the word but have dropped literally 1000s into this poo poo because of WC and Chris Roberts.

"Chris Roberts was a foundation of my youth," or something equally cringey has come out in justification for it numerous times.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

they've been wearing those fursuits for over a year now waiting for their Org to come to life and the game to be released.

Sounds awfully stifling. And gross.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

If I ever saw any part of this in a mirror I would immediately kill myself after setting everything I own on fire.

As if the dude is self-sufficient and capable of living on his own.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

LCL-Dead posted:

Am I the only NC resident who doesn't give two shits about NC vinegar?

I just don't like vinegar. Even pork bbq vinegar and I don't like sweet sauces either. Give me something with a bit of kick that's not too sweet and not vinegar and I'm happy.

If only I could remember the name of the place we stopped at in Memphis.

There was this sauce called Backfire BBQ sauce that I bought in the Outer Banks. Had Ghost Peppers and some other poo poo in it, no vinegar, and it tasted loving awesome. Can't find it online though, but if you see it you should buy it.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

LCL-Dead posted:

Which part of the outer banks? That's a pretty big chain of islands..

It was either Duck or Corolla. I bought the sauce from one of those "trendy hotsauce and peanut" places, but it was legit good stuff.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Btw, the official popsicle peking order is...

1) Buglord
2) Nap Ghost
3) The Great Twist
4) Everything else in no particular order

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

My BBQ opinion depends on whether or not you smoke ribs or broil them.

Smoke = right
Broil = wrong
Boil = kill yourself

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Eonwe posted:

wait people boil meat when doing bbq

:stare:

Some wrongheaded people boil ribs to make them more tender despite this causing the meat to lose all of its natural juice and flavor.

As a dude that smokes meat all the time this makes me unreasonably upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Im_drunk posted:

After Derek confirmed to me today that Star Citizen was going to be a great success after all, I almost spent my $100 on space ships but changed my mind last minute and bought tender beef from allen brothers.

I like you for the beef but I love you for the grilled asparagus. Pro choice.

• Locked thread