Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I believe in G0RF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Happy Sisyphus posted:

yeah I ran your image and no surprises, Lesnick appears where it has been edited

why are you trying to frame GORF?

Obviously Lesnick has been edited as well.

Did some of that $106 mil go towards cloning facilities so our glorious leader and his cohorts may play in the 'verse forever?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Years from now, when my grandchildren are sitting at my knee listening to me blather on, they'll ask "Grandpa, were you a hero?"

And I'll tell them "No...but I posted on a forum of heroes."

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Remember when Enron collapsed the Feds had a huge open floor and piles of files representing who was what and what was sent where to trace transactions and money.
I predict we will see the same happen with the above in a few years.

Somebody photoshop the big FBI board from the Sopranos showing all the capos, but replace it with Chris and Ben and Sandi

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

For real, though, how are they still pulling in 60-70k PER DAY in funding. Are those numbers fudged, or are people really still buying in to that degree three years in?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

trucutru posted:

Shut up! he's pretending to be that guy so that he gets banned. Jesus! read the counter-trolling manual.

They appear to be real. A few people have analyzed their behavior and it seems organic. Otherwise they have managed to code a good fake (lol! fat chance)

That just boggles my mind. There are Kickstarters out there right now for major properties that don't pull in that much funding per day. poo poo, 60k a day is 21 Million Dollars PER YEAR. People are kicking that much to CIG while all this drama is flying around.

I don't know a lot about this whole debacle - how much is the average cost of a ship? When CIG makes 60k a day, about how many transactions does that work out to? A few people upgrading their poo poo, or a dozen buying $2500 JPGs?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

trucutru posted:

The entry-level packages are 45 bucks and they come with a cheapo ship. A regular, non-crap (supposedly, they are pretty crap in-game) ship sells for 75-150 dollars. Entry-level spergwagons go for around $250 and the most expensive thing is 2.5k.

The thing is that we don't know the idiot-to-whale ratio for the game and the data is not fine-grained enough to figure it out. So lets just say that the avg shitizen spends 100 bucks. 600 new backers per day is definitely possible.

How many of these ships are playable right now?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

D_Smart posted:

e. Eric's not a "dev" and doesn't share the sort of credentials that Jason has. Look at his LinkedIn profile for more info

It says "Senior Producer", though. Like, how does that not make him a producer who's shipped a game?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

trucutru posted:

Of the big ones? None (out of a dozen, lol).
Medium ones? Three (constellation, bomber, space truck)
Small ones? A bunch.

There is a diagram that show the incredible amount of progress they have made. Someone should post it again.

oh wow. WOW. I thought at least these guys were flying their ships around making pew-pew noises at each other waiting for the VERSE to OPEN UP for CONQUEST. Jesus, this really is something else, huh?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Klyith posted:

2. Whales gonna whale (see point 1)

I guess that makes sense. I'd forgotten there were people out there who did things like spend thousands of dollars in free-to-play MMO's in order to have the biggest ship or the nicest house. The lure of being able to do that in a game that was advertised as the next-generation of open world space gaming must be pretty strong.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

CrazyLoon posted:

I sincerely don't want :lesnick: to die of heart failure even now. Just yea, that's deffo where he's headed if he keeps his poo poo up at CIG.

For real, I feel bad for that guy. For someone as in love with Wing Commander as him to get to work directly under Roberts, it's got to be like a childhood dream come true. I imagine if the person who was behind that thing I loved when I was a teenager asked me to help him make a whole new generation of that thing, I'd swallow a metric ton of bullshit to grab that opportunity.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Madcosby posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7z3Undbn0
this is considered playable, and thus CIG has delivered on their promises. No more refunds. Game is out.

Welcome to the verse, commando

that's an interesting question: what is the absolute bare minimum product CIG would have to get off the ground and running in order to have technically fulfilled their original Kickstarter promises and shield themselves from repercussions? I don't think poo poo like Star Marine was part of the original pitch, so...basically something like a stripped-down version of Elite: Dangerous?

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

What was the name of that game on Steam that's kind of like what Star Citizen is claiming to be, except kind of janky but actually existing? Like, you can actually fly a ship, board another ship, run through it in an FPS mode and kill everyone on board and take it over?

I keep thinking it's "One Must Fall," but that's that fighting game from the 90s

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Exposure posted:

Angels Fall First but it's more like a weird modernized Battlefield 2 in space than what Star Citizen is claiming to be.

Thanks! Gonna try it anyway, since reading about Star Citizen has got me wanting to play a space game (that actually exists) where I can blow people up.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Thanks! Think I'm going to pick up Line of Defense, too. Feel like it's the least I can do to thank you for the massive amount of work and entertainment you bring this thread.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

You guys are making me want to hit up a liquor store on the way home. All I have at home is some Cuervo and Canadian Club - I'm the most basic of liquor drinkers.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

No, I saw a lot of it though. The vanduul ships and things.

I didn't realize there was playable stuff.

It runs like a slideshow on my computer :( I should have upgraded more!

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Star Citizen: Do you defecate? Do you urinate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

this is just about the stupidest thing i've ever read.

BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO EXPERIENCE A URINARY TRACT INFECTION.... IN SPACE

It's like the Tired/Sick system from Persona 3, except really disgusting.

• Locked thread