Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for all the recipes Citizens! See you in the 'verse! o7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
You know what was missing from all the space murder simulators I've played before? Rape.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

will there be a separate bind for yiff?

Press 'CTRL + F' to yiff.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Malleovic posted:

I don't know how to deal with two SC threads at once

please help

Seraph might have to make a few more accounts to cover the bandwidth costs.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

joats posted:

Chris and Sandi, Nobody here hates you so don't lose any sleep on your scrooge mc-duck pile of gold.

They actually sleep on separate piles. Sandi sleeps on a pile a cash and Christ Roberts sleeps on a pile of coke.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Psychodin posted:

Okay, this has gotten really funny, but you can morons stop it with the whole premium account poo poo? Seriously, to any pubbie readers, all their spoiler tags have nothing but mocking you under them and you don't need plat to see poo poo cept get PMs and other minor stuff like being able to report posts. You can check what having premium account gets you, let alone an account with google.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Psychodin posted:

I love reading this thread as much as anyone else, but this? This is just dumb. Seriously, they're already wasted a ton of money on one dumb thing to the tune of millions upon millions of dollars. I'll help spare them from goon shitposting to the tune of $20.

A redditor and his bitcoins are easily parted.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Psychodin posted:

Never. I like laughing, when I see goons laughing like a pack of hyenas from the Lion King, its fair game to take the wind out of your sails as any.

How much are you in for?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This is the best game. Thank you Christ Roberts for being the visionary that you are and providing us all with millions of hours of entertainment.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Szcwczuk posted:

Yeah this new thread is basically just a "watch d smart stroke his ego 14 times a page".

Stop ruining everything!

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Jegan Ace posted:

That'll be USD $39.99.

How much for the poop rifle?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

Guys, with all this shitposting we haven't had time to discuss the actual SC news!

Thats good news! They'll have more time to polish the finished product and get ready for the actual releashahahahahaha

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

Come on, man. Keep your eyes on the prize.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

FireWhizzle posted:

Well guys, we obviously know Derek Smart is not an idiot, so what's the big deal? His last name is Smart.

I read on reddit that his name used to be Derek Idiot but he had it changed to Smart to make himself appear more intellectual.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
They should add wheelchairs into star citizen. I imagine them handling similarly to the buggy.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

FrankieGoes posted:

I'm sure it's at least vaguely spelled out in a design document somewhere. They've got drink mixing as an activity and flight attendant as a profession, for fucks sake. Personally I can't wait to be an in game Star Citizen CPA. Someone's gotta do the tax returns for all these pirates and smugglers and miners and farmers and stewardesses.

Finally I can live out my dream of being a virtual cripple in a virtual wheelchair on virtual fire in a virtual game by spending thousands of real dollars.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Actual game footage. Will be available for purchase in 2 weeks.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Amethyst posted:

You literally have a Derek Smart avatar. You're a cheerleader for an incredibly stupid obsessive who doxes wheelchair bound vid game fans because he has nothing better to do. You probably spend several hours a week in this lovely thread.

I don't even need to add anything more to this post because it's already clear that your unimaginably pathetic life isn't worth living.

How much are you in for?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

Today, on "things the SC fanatics are creaming themselves about" a store-front has new duds (that you can't buy or wear, of course).

http://imgur.com/a/SaztK

Holy poo poo!

Amazing! *drops another $1000 on jpegs*

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

That is a quality avatar. Definitely a keeper!

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Amethyst posted:

It's incredible how easy it is to reduce the big hard internet men of Star Citizen crew into puddles of tears when you suggest that maybe stalking a wheelchair bound cripple isn't a cool and badass thing to do. Perhaps the tightneing you feel in your chest when confronted with your own shortcomings should be harnessed for personal growth, rather than going into a panic and posting the loving get out frog 12 times in a row.

Greetings friend! Might I interest you in the teachings of our Lord and Savior, Christ Roberts? If you'll just direct your mouse pointer to my referral link, you too can begin enjoying the glory that is looking at spaceship jpegs.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Hmm, I think I am gonna give this kid some infos about your lawsuits (starting with the parentship one, don't you think?) and other personal info, let's see at which point someone thinks gently caress it and publish it all.
That will be glorious to watch.

Derek Smart, please go to war with Karl_Ramseier instead of wheels the twitter troll.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I saw a dude wearing a goonrathi t-shirt at PAX AU today. That is all.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Why have you forsaken us derek??????

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm pretty hungry.

same

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Post the blog derek!

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Derek, you let me down, man! Now I don't believe in nothin'! I'm goin' to law school!

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

How can anyone watch that video and claim CIG is being responsible stewards of the money they were gifted by hundreds of thousands of people

They're moving to one of the most expensive places to operate in the country and building a massive, modern office with nothing to show for it. They might have a bit more goodwill if they were a studio who is renowned for quality products, but they're building a VALVE-esque building with absolutely nothing to show for it. It's all smoke and mirrors, they're resting on their success before they even succeed.

It's like if someone built a big office in Manhattan and claimed to be a hedge fund manager; they go to work, sit at their desk, and claim they are open for business except they haven't done anything to warrant such a facade.

Citizens:

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
What is the reasoning behind permanently closing the accounts that request a refund?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Turmoil posted:

I figured it was just easier for them to wipe the account clean than to implement something that just removes the purchased items from the account.
Either way, I re-registered with the same account name so I have my name reserved just in case something happens and I want to go back.

I'm pretty sure one glance at my account and seeing I belonged to a Goon affiliated organization was an indicator of where my loyalties were.

Ahh ok. Just the way they word it kind of makes it sound like once you get your refund you're out FOREVER and you can never use that username/email or whatever again.

Agrajag posted:

scare you away from getting one

This is pretty much why I think they word it the way they do.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It is completely inexplicable to me that a new studio is being built. Like even if you're coming at it from the perspective that CIG is doing just fine, why would they basically strip-mine the Austin studio to build one in LA....? and if you're coming at it from the perspective that CIG is totally hosed and out of money, how they can possibly be wasting whatever is left on constructing a studio? There is no level to approach it that makes sense :psyduck:

Another full motion capture studio for a god drat spaceship game.

94 million dollars.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Trapezium Dave posted:

Is the official line really that they need to up and move everyone to LA losing who knows how many dev months and jpeg bucks because it makes it easier to mocap Gary Oldman? :psyduck:

I thought Croberts said in his citizen con spiel that they'd already done a poo poo load of mocap for the AAA cast. If I'm remembering right it makes the extra studio even more retarded.

Edit: not that you should believe anything that comes out of Croberts' mouth about how much work they've done on the game.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Omi-Polari posted:

The best thing they could from a financial standpoint would be to turn Star Citizen into an actual organized religion like Scientology.

I mean more so than already.

They'd get some pretty good tax breaks then. All that money saved could go back into the production of game features like a toaster for your hangar or those bead car seat covers for your jpeg ships cockpit.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the $94 million guys. The game I made for you is a giant pile of poo poo but you funded my dream of getting back into Hollywood.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

jaegerx posted:

I just wanted an updated freelancer :homebrew:

You're getting 4 motion capture studios instead. You should be ok with that.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mocap studios paying off.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Google Butt posted:

Ninety four..
:yarg::homebrew::homebrew::gary:

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov posted:

I pledge my life to Croberts. Life is grand living for a kickstarter! *falls on fake sword when game never comes out*

Pretty sure all these investors have real hanzo steel katanas.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

The Saddest Robot posted:

Rome wasn't built in a day.

It was built in 2 weeks.

And then delayed indefinitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

The Marauder posted:

And then burned to the ground?

I'm still waiting on that one too.

Fear not Citizen, that will be included in Alpha 2.0!

• Locked thread