Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

you could also man up and honor your promise to contribute to the effort to make a video game.

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

All games take about 30 minutes to even get to the part where you can download it

i can't believe the fidelity! :wth:

This sounds even more convoluted and less functional than setting up an account for FFXIV, and that tends to have folks come into that thread every other week asking for help in getting everything set up.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

This has been a good day in the thread. I want to believe TheAgent so much.

Looking forward to a post-stream link with timestamps for Street and Derek getting into voice chat since I missed that.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

hey here's another bit of star citizen drama for you

certain people at rsi/f42 are already collecting royalties on this game

just lol

:laffo:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

It's amazing to think that a few months ago my advice for CIG would have been "Stop caring what people on the internet say and make your bloody game." Now we've sunk to the point that "Could you at least try not to break the law?" seems like an impossible request. I love this poo poo, I really do. Shitizens, keep pumping money into this catastrophe, I want it to run and run.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Everyone post your favorite Major Tom moments :pgabz:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

It's been a rotating series of things, but the "Boogeyman" poo poo really took off when doubt started surfacing in their own minds.

I followed it from the 30 millions when goons started making fun of it in 2013. They were still smug then so the ENEMY was "big publishers" that would be defeated by Chris Roberts. Then the ENEMY was goons because Goonrathi was setup with more than a quarter million worth of ships.

All of that was in the context of the game being made though (a sure thing because it was 2013 / before the deadlines in 2014 with record breaking funding and not enough time to start doubting.) Our mocking was mostly limited to like 50 people and even then we were fighting among ourselves because Games was full of True Believers.

It wasn't until Star Citizen started missing deadlines by years (2015) that they really started going crazy with an ENEMY being the root of all their problems. We are two years late at this point, it's evident that the best case is they aren't getting the game they paid for, and there are signs everywhere the project has already failed. That's why you see people thinking derek smart and something awful are in a conspiracy to take Star Citizen down. IT'S NOT GOING DOWN BUT IF IT IS IT ISN'T MY FAULT! I WASN'T STUPID!

This step with blame shifting (or rather the severity of it) is unique to Star Citizen as other failed games projects didn't quite have the perfect storm of autism / desperation / depression / money / incompetence / dreams / delusion / time that's caused a hurricane of poo poo. They are hanging onto their doorframes screaming that the weather service's constant sirens had made them complacent and it's someone else's fault they are about to be blown through 200mph shitwinds. The closer it gets the louder they will scream it's someone else's fault.

Derek is just a crazy person driving a stolen ice cream truck through four feet of poo poo yelling over the loud speaker that he told everyone, and everyone caught in the storm is accusing him of purposefully causing it so he could say he is right about it to justify why they are dumb enough to be caught in it.

You have a way with words, you know that?

I want an illustration of Ice Cream Derek now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Welcome aboard ripp and grats on the refund

You too Truga :toot:

• Locked thread