Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

I started the launcher and saw there's a new version out. Also saw that you can buy some special guns with UEC spacebux or REC points. Do I want to buy these guns for my Hornet or are they poo poo? And what's the difference with UEC and REC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

I'm trying to stay away from this thread to keep my sanity, but it's still a good information source because you guys are all over this game (probably a requirement to poo poo on something). What happened to the lady who was presenting Ship Shape? Now it's that bearded dude that does it, and I don't like him because he really strikes me as an "internal fanboy."

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

So I've been trying to download the PTU patch for several days now but every time my PC reboots for a Windows update or something, the download restarts. From scratch. I have 5 Mbps DSL line and this is a 29+ GB download. How hard is it to cache the content you already downloaded? For gently caress's sake.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

TTerrible posted:

Why is your PC rebooting itself every few days? Madness.

The latest Windows 10 update set the update settings to automatically reboot instead of asking for a time to do it. Also had a couple of freezes during the night with that new Windows build. I realize this is not in CIG's hands; but re-downloading from scratch when a download is aborted, that is the madness, especially given the size.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Started the 10 GB update download last night, came back this morning, patcher was stuck at 96 MB left. Now it's starting from scratch. Loving this.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

I don't really want to follow CIG or this thread, could somebody sum up if there was anything new about SQ42 in the last couple of months please?

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Why don't they remove that loving motion blur when on foot. It's been bothering everyone since the very first release of the hangar, I can't believe this is still in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

alphabettitouretti posted:

Like these??

from the days when flight sims had two inch thick manuals and a keyboard overlay.

This is 10 times more readable that what SC does.

Also, loving the ALT+B one.

• Locked thread