Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

A couple of people are getting errors like that, I'd just hold out for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

NightfallGemini posted:

Welp, was nice while it lasted, but now the app just instantly spits out "Inquiry Number 00200000" even after rebooting and reinstalling.

That's the android equivalent of the 002005000 I'm getting. You can still play, you just have to click through a billion error screens after everything you do, and restart the app after every time you upgrade a building or accept a reward :shepface: they're working on a fix but who knows how long that'll take.

Zotix posted:

I'm going to be doing a purge Monday. If you are active, make sure you have filled out the spreadsheet in the OP. Additionally, if you are active please put a 2 in the third column next to your name.

It's kind of a bad time to do one considering there might be people, like me, who can't really be "active" thanks to this error poo poo with no ETA on when we can play again properly.

EDIT: Is it worth converting 3* weapons into 4* to exchange them for ones you want? What about 2* ones? Or can you only upgrade them once?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 1, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just edit the spreadsheet and you'll not be kicked.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

New Epic Bosses. Two of them this time, level 100 and their resistances are hosed up. My characters were doing roughly 10 damage a hit with anything except fire, fire damage meanwhile was doing over 100 damage per hit to the yellow one. Oh wait no, I'm dumb and just realized Hard has a different boss than Normal. I am easily fooled! How on earth are you supposed to beat those two anyway? One of the goals is to beat it with 1 party member.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 1, 2015

work the balls Sally
Feb 20, 2006
Even as you read this, I'm masturbating to my own post.

Nuebot posted:

New Epic Bosses. Two of them this time, level 100 and their resistances are hosed up. My characters were doing roughly 10 damage a hit with anything except fire, fire damage meanwhile was doing over 100 damage per hit to the yellow one. Oh wait no, I'm dumb and just realized Hard has a different boss than Normal. I am easily fooled! How on earth are you supposed to beat those two anyway? One of the goals is to beat it with 1 party member.

I ran into the Fenrir and one of the objectives was to beat him without taking any damage. Ran around him in circles for a minute before working up the nerve to engage him, soon as I did he hit me with a mid range lightning attack that killed me in one shot.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Even if the lightning doesn't kill you in one shot, it has an incredibly high chance of stunning you giving him a free hit which will assuredly kill you. The only way I can figure to dodge the lightning at all is to use a special move when he does it.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Fun game! I applied to Goon Squad 2 as Alfador. The message text is Julet Esqu SA.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Yesterday I did a 10+1 pull hoping to get a Halloween anime but wound up with nothing but 2 and 3 star animes. Not of a fan of this RNG.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

Fun game! I applied to Goon Squad 2 as Alfador. The message text is Julet Esqu SA.

I knew it didn't show who was applying, but now I know that it doesn't show the message text either. The approval system in this game is terrible.

Don't forget to add yourself to the spreadsheet!

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I pulled a 4 star Cassie as my first character. I don't want to hamstring myself. Just downloaded this game 20 minutes ago. Should I reset? How do I reset? I like the arcadey feel thus far.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The Flying Milton posted:

Yesterday I did a 10+1 pull hoping to get a Halloween anime but wound up with nothing but 2 and 3 star animes. Not of a fan of this RNG.

Playing the game you are probably given 2k+ gems. You'll be fine.

Also, do not add yourself to the spreadsheet if you are in the second guild. Make a separate spreadsheet for that guild. Because the information given to guildmasters is very limited that is why we are doing a lot of things via spreadsheet. I'll end up doing a guild purge tomorrow afternoon. We can add people from the second guild over to the main one at that point.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
I'm struggling to kill crimson spiders. What are their weaknesses?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
My brother discovered a video showing a certain fencer trick that makes that game way easy. Press and hold with one hand to activate the "guard" animation (it doesn't do anything). With your other hand, two finger tap the screen rhythmically. Your fencer will now do his initial attack over and over. It is much quicker than doing a full combo chain. He could just sit there and stun-lock all the enemies. I think he beat Fenrir without taking any damage by using Hao and just attacking him non-stop. He build SP fast enough that he could special through all the attacks.

A variation of this exists for the sniper charge. Once you charge, tap the screen with your other hand. You will shoot off your charge and immediately begin charging again (as long as you aren't moving). If you are moving, just re-center your virtual joystick and you will start charging again. This will let you fire your charge shots really fast.

You might be able to do this to effectively tank with a lancer, but the attack is so slow that it probably won't be useful.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
How often are these Conquest events? I've gotten over 1600 guild points for Goon Squad 2 and the rewards are nice, but we're kind of slacking and would be nice to coordinate for the next one.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Every friday or every other friday.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Knightmare posted:

How often are these Conquest events? I've gotten over 1600 guild points for Goon Squad 2 and the rewards are nice, but we're kind of slacking and would be nice to coordinate for the next one.

Meanwhile, I haven't been able to earn any co-op points since this error started :negative: just the tiny 1-6 increments from doing single player missions.

EDIT: Turns out upgrading weapons doesn't turn them into 4* weapons. Lessons learned.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 2, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

4* weapons become 5* on their third upgrade.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That is a lot of money to turn a 3* into a 4* then. I do not think that would be worth it, to buy a proper 4*.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Money isn't the issue for me, it's the specific runes. I'm sitting on like 1.5m gold right now.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

It's not a huge issue for me either, but that's still money I could put towards upgrading buildings.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Feel free to purge OxmanSA, the snowflake job runes killed the casual fun.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

One of the conquest perks was a job rune of each type, which is nice for 3*s but you need three of them to make a 4* into a 5*. Also I think some of the skill tree needed the class runes. :( I've gotten one out of 200 instant tickets so far.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Yea this game seems like too much of a chore for me, it requires just enough attention that I can't do anything else, but doesn't require enough interaction for me to want to pay attention. Also the two 4* guys I got kinda suck and I don't care enough to reroll. Hope it gets better!

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
The job runes are so rare that I'm amazed you can't IAP them for :10bux: each.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I hate to harp on this two posts in a row, but does anyone else have issues with super inconsistent performance? I'm not sure if I'm insane or if this game really does suddenly go from 60 FPS beauty to 15 FPS garbage. I certainly don't expect perfection here, but the swings in FPS and lag often seem totally unrelated to the complexity of the scene being drawn.

overseer07 posted:

The job runes are so rare that I'm amazed you can't IAP them for :10bux: each.

i think i play this game a lot less than some of you, and somehow i have four fencer runes :confused:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i think i play this game a lot less than some of you, and somehow i have four fencer runes :confused:
The beauty of RNG. Honestly if anyone has trouble with class runes I recommend just chucking a bunch of instant tickets at them. I usually get one for every 10 I use.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
That's cute. I get one every 50 tickets

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've probably used about 10 upgrading my archer and things associated with her. I'd say the real number is close to about 1 in 25 or 30. Sure you'll get 1 in 5 here or there, but it seems like 20-30 is the average for a class rune.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Guild question:

Should I be putting my guild runes towards guild bonuses? I don't seem to have anything else to do with them but I didn't see anyone else doing it. (In Goon Squad 2)

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Applied to goon squad 2, couldn't find one!

Name in game is Slimer.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

hanales posted:

Guild question:

Should I be putting my guild runes towards guild bonuses? I don't seem to have anything else to do with them but I didn't see anyone else doing it. (In Goon Squad 2)

I've been hesitant since I was saving until I get 10 for the mission reward, plus Goon Squad 2 is kind of an overflow guild now.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Knightmare posted:

I've been hesitant since I was saving until I get 10 for the mission reward, plus Goon Squad 2 is kind of an overflow guild now.

Ok I'll hold off then as well until GS1 opens up or this one expands.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Are they random rare drops or do you do something specific for them? I haven't seen any yet.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Theswarms posted:

Are they random rare drops or do you do something specific for them? I haven't seen any yet.

You get them for doing the co-op stuff. I was able to get through all seven levels today with my 4* lev 75 character on 4 player

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I still haven't gotten a single one no matter how many co-ops I do.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

There's currently two spots open in the main guild, and I think I'll start purging inactive people soon. I figure those who are 7+ days inactive aren't gonna be playing much more.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Congrats to the goon who unlocked their anime catgirl's giant anime cat attack.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I just saw that attack. Now I want to spend my gems until I get that cat. Is it the hammer or the character that does it?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

It looks like it's the second active skill of that character. It usually obliterates whatever I'm fighting, so I'll put up with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Kill All Humans posted:

There's currently two spots open in the main guild, and I think I'll start purging inactive people soon. I figure those who are 7+ days inactive aren't gonna be playing much more.

Sent request

• Locked thread