Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Kill All Humans posted:

There's currently two spots open in the main guild, and I think I'll start purging inactive people soon. I figure those who are 7+ days inactive aren't gonna be playing much more.

I also applied, I'm the Hao Ho Tep egyptian dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filecabinet
Aug 16, 2005
Non-Automatic Document Storage System

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Congrats to the goon who unlocked their anime catgirl's giant anime cat attack.

That was totally me, guys. I'm the guy in the quote. :haw:

(except for real)

I also got lucky and had a bunch of 4-star weapon duplicates so I went ahead and traded them in for her Anime Neko (tn: Neko means Cat) Hammer. I'm liking her a lot so far; her second active really does demolish everything it touches and her attack stat is through the roof.

her only downside is she makes a hideous "meeeow" in varying lengths and pitches every single time she gets hit.

Filecabinet fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 4, 2015

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Sent a request to Goon Squad 2 as DaveskiSA.

Game seems like fun. Got Annabelle as my 4*, her attack is slow but she seems pretty strong (although I have nothing to compare her to).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That's kind of how Lancers are. The only real difference between characters of the same type is specials and stats. They all move and attack the same way.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I like Lancers a lot, they have great range, a shield bubble if you tap and hold, and hit pretty hard. Not sure if characters have unique special attacks but the Hao Ho Tep has great AOE specials. Hornets can gently caress right off though.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
Applied to Goon Squad 2 as anisoptera. (The signup sheet looks full and I can't find GS1 anyway.)

Was having a blast with this game last night. Is it really worth starting over? I got Annabelle as my starter and I'm already up to 200 gems so I'll be able to do my 10 pull soon - maybe if I get trash then I'll restart.

e: I'm also a big fan of the way you can buy $5 worth of gems and get 300 more over the course of a month. The IAP doesn't seem greedy in this game at all.

Ironically, I discovered this game in the Zenonia S thread on TA. From one of the worst ARPGs to one of the best.

Dessert Rose fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 4, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've been a bit out of it recently because I'm switching jobs and moving across country. If one of the active guys in the main guild wants to purge inactives and help the others in the second guild move over, it would be appreciated.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Dessert Rose posted:

Applied to Goon Squad 2 as anisoptera. (The signup sheet looks full and I can't find GS1 anyway.)

Was having a blast with this game last night. Is it really worth starting over? I got Annabelle as my starter and I'm already up to 200 gems so I'll be able to do my 10 pull soon - maybe if I get trash then I'll restart.

e: I'm also a big fan of the way you can buy $5 worth of gems and get 300 more over the course of a month. The IAP doesn't seem greedy in this game at all.

Ironically, I discovered this game in the Zenonia S thread on TA. From one of the worst ARPGs to one of the best.

The cost for a 10-pull is way higher than most other games, though. 40 bucks as opposed to ~30.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Echophonic posted:

The cost for a 10-pull is way higher than most other games, though. 40 bucks as opposed to ~30.

Good point, I suppose, though I am still used to PAD and Monster Strike.

I got zero four stars in my first 10 pull, so I think I'm going to reroll. I don't really like how Lancers control and she's my best one.

e: First try got Hao. I was hoping for Mira, but I'll take androgynous purple-haired sword user too.

Dessert Rose fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 4, 2015

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is the guild full? I only seem to find Goon Squad 2 when I do the search.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I'm as WedgieSA - applied to Good Squad 2.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Applied as Campbell to GoonSquad2!

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

The only guilds that come up when searching "goon" are "GOONSQUAD," "Goons" and "Goonies4Life," no "Goon Squad" nor "Goon Squad/Goonsquad 2"

In the meantime, I'm applying to "GOONSQUAD" as Goldblum.
I rolled Mira on my very first tutorial and I am not going to pass up a game that gives me what I want on my first roll.
Between this and Chain Chronicle, my downtime* is now predominantly occupied by magical girls. Thanks Japan.

*read: poop adventures

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 4, 2015

Filecabinet
Aug 16, 2005
Non-Automatic Document Storage System
If you're at the "Join a guild!!!" tutorial part, you have to join one of the guilds they show you. Goon Squad will not show up at that point.

After leaving your tutorial guild you'll be able to search for Goon Squad.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
So what is this actually compatible with? I'm behind the times with a nexus 7 and galaxy 3 but I would have figured this wouldn't be too much to handle.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

The official guilds are "Goon Squad" and "Goon Squad 2". All the other goon name guilds are unrelated. Inactives will be getting purged from Goon Squad in the next several days so there will be a few spots open but I think I'd prioritize filling those spots with goons from Goon Squad 2 who want to move over.

Other than that please fill out the Google Doc when you join Goon Squad or Goon Squad 2 so guild leaders can easily verify that people are actually from SA.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Does this game crash a lot for anyone else? Seems like it happens every 10 minutes or so. I thought it was just my iPad 3, but I played it on my iPhone 6 for a few minutes and it crashed there too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Daveski posted:

Does this game crash a lot for anyone else? Seems like it happens every 10 minutes or so. I thought it was just my iPad 3, but I played it on my iPhone 6 for a few minutes and it crashed there too.

Every other time I scroll through character lists or try to select a partner for a mission it's a coinflip of whether it'll crash or not. Also opening the chat.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

This time my 10+1 pull resulted in Suzune and Amalia.

I'm totally okay with not getting another 4* for the next four of these.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Suicide Pacmen posted:

So what is this actually compatible with? I'm behind the times with a nexus 7 and galaxy 3 but I would have figured this wouldn't be too much to handle.

I installed it on my 2013 Nexus 7 and it plays fine, though I had to sideload it to get it on there.

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy
I applied to Goon Squad 2 as Dabre.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Okay, so I've fixed getting the Goon Squad 2 application out, so hopefully that can get underway because I saw that we now have Punching Glove, Giant Watermelon Festival, the event where co-op teams of four get to navigate a monster ridden play field with the goal of smashing all the watermelons within the time limit. Tons of gems for rewards, which let me get my first 10+1 roll; I got a Dewey. :clint:

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Game is a cool time waster so far. Applied to the goon squad 2 as ghosthotel

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Jumping in on this. Applied to Goon Squad 2 as DontMindMe

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So, I have 250 gems and I'm on the fence of whether I should try to roll for the halloween characters one last time, or wait and see if the end of the event brings something new. Goons, guide me!

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
How do I re roll my starting hero on iOS? It keeps pulling in my gamecenter data even if I delete the app and redownload

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Anyone else on Android getting this modified application error? It worked briefly after a reinstall, but it kicked me right back out. It's probably because I'm rooted, but it I'm seeing non-rooted comments about it.

I hate when games do that. Guess I'll have to get my monthly jewel thing refunded if they don't get that sorted out.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Echophonic posted:

Anyone else on Android getting this modified application error? It worked briefly after a reinstall, but it kicked me right back out. It's probably because I'm rooted, but it I'm seeing non-rooted comments about it.

I'm not rooted and I'm getting the message too. I had never seen this message before, but after reading your post I noticed there was an update for the game on Google Play, and yep the warning showed up first thing after installing the update. I didn't even let the game load all the way because of the whole IF YOU KEEP USING A MODIFIED APP YOU'LL BE BANNED thing. I hope this is just a bug and they release a quick fix for it.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Gegil posted:

How do I re roll my starting hero on iOS? It keeps pulling in my gamecenter data even if I delete the app and redownload

Sign out from Gamecenter and delete/redownload, skipping sign in when it asks.

Once you're happy with your rolls, sign back in, and tell it you want to keep using the play data you already are using in the most confusing question text possible.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Applied to Goon Squad 2 as Trips

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Inactive accounts are beginning to be purged from Goon Squad. There are now 3 spots open. I want to prioritize moving active players from the second guild to the first so I'll only accept people who have verified their names in the Google Doc. If you haven't verified your name yet then please do.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Should I just drop GS2 and apply to GS and then move my name over?

E: just did that. I'll move my name when I get accepted.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Kill All Humans posted:

Inactive accounts are beginning to be purged from Goon Squad. There are now 3 spots open. I want to prioritize moving active players from the second guild to the first so I'll only accept people who have verified their names in the Google Doc. If you haven't verified your name yet then please do.

Yeah and start grinding those guild bonus badges goons!

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Some shitlord made a fake Goon Squad guild so don't accidentally apply to that one.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Applied to Goon Squad as YodoeSA!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hanales posted:

Yeah and start grinding those guild bonus badges goons!

I still haven't gotten a single guild rune, even when I co-op story missions.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I still haven't gotten a single guild rune, even when I co-op story missions.

I've been getting them from the higher * 4P Co-op quests

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

burningbridges posted:

Applied to Goon Squad as YodoeSA!

Please apply to Goon Squad 2 for now. And fill out the Google Doc.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hanales posted:

I've been getting them from the higher * 4P Co-op quests

I don't even get them from those. I'm not sure if the game just hates me luck-wise or if there's an actual bug going on now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I sent my app in as MarcusSA and I'm in the Google doc formally in GS2

• Locked thread