Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

OldSenileGuy posted:

Can I return my ATV ordered from apple.com in an Apple Store? Or do I have to ship it back?

I'm like 90% sure you can take it back to the store, Apple doesn't really care where you buy it from.

e: nevermind I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Subjunctive posted:

Plus it has dynamic range compression

Is this applied to all audio or just videos? I definitely wouldn't mind it for movies where the excessive dynamic range has me fiddling with the volume constantly but I don't really feel the need to apply additional compression to my music.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is it just customary for every app on the system to get a bad rating? I just grabbed the 2* Zillow app and while it's not the greatest thing ever, it's nice to be able to look through properties on a big screen with my partner rather than huddled around a laptop or both on our phones. Do people just have crazy expectations or something?

I imagine people give even less of a poo poo about rating TV apps than phone apps, and usually the stuff that gets people to give enough of a poo poo is negative.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Just got an Apple TV today, seems pretty nice so far!

I know that the app shop for this thing is pretty sparse, but are there any hidden gems in there?