Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Nice OP! Thanks Thwomp

Anyone know when they'll have these available to mess with in Apple Stores?

Also, when is the embargo lifted for full reviews?

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

tofes posted:

Will Amazon video finally be on AppleTV?

Don't worry Rick & Morty buddy, you can still use the Amazon Streaming app to AirPlay video to the AppleTV

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Also I just came across this little gem:

http://www.studioneat.com/products/remote

A nice, cheap stand for your New AppleTV Siri Remote©

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Someone developed the screensaver aerials from the new AppleTV for use on a mac:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/10/27/aerial-apple-tv-screensaver-mac/

Looks awesome on my iMac. It's a little bit buggy but that's to be expected.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Photo screensavers still the same? And does it cycle between more than the same 150 or 200 photos?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

OldSenileGuy posted:

drat the new Netflix app is laughably bad

Why?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Is there a Flickr app available for the new Apple TV? And can you use your Flickr account to create a photo screensaver like always?

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 3, 2015

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
E: Awful app :argh:

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 5, 2015

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
E x2 : Awful app :argh:

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Nov 5, 2015

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Yeah, this thing is pretty awesome. I don't use Plex and mostly use Apple TV for Netflix, Hulu and HBO, so this update is really perfect for me.

I think I'm most impressed with how loving fast the thing is! Scrubbing though tv shows and movies is a dream now and they load so quickly I can't get over it. This update has changed my viewing habits for the better practically overnight.

Yes, some of the setup or various apps was a pain and the remote takes some getting used to since I've used the old remote for 4 or 5 years now, but overall I really, really love this update. And it will only improve!

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Yes because it's 10x faster in every way than the old ATV and scrubbing through video is so much easier it's insane. Plus the tech in the old ATV is almost 5 years old at this point.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
All this talk of having to sign into apps repeatedly has me baffled. I've owned every Apple TV from gen 1 and have never had this problem.

Is it widespread?

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Nov 10, 2015

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I kind of feel this way about the new ATV: http://perezonomics.com/1/post/2015/11/thoughts-on-the-new-apple-tv-and-its-coverage-by-the-tech-press.html

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Totally

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Seems like a small thing, and maybe you could do this on older Apple TVs, but I just discovered, totally by accident, that you can trigger the screensaver on the new ATV whenever you want.

1) on the home screen, either highlight the far top, left icon or press the menu button (NOT the home button) until it automatically highlights the far top, left icon

2) once the top, left icon is selected, press the menu button again. This should automatically trigger whatever screensaver you have set

We have a lot of people over to hang out and our photo screensaver is always a great topic of conversation, so knowing how to activate it without going through the settings is fantastic.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

dexter6 posted:

Hulu App:

Almost every time I pause a show and shut my TV off and come back later, I come back to a frozen blurry picture. Only thing I can figure out to get it back is to reboot the ATV.

Does this happen to anyone else and there is a quicker way to fix it?

Maybe delete the app and reinstall it?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
You all realize that CBS has some of the highest rated shows on network television, right? If anything their hubris is slightly warranted. If any network is going to try to strike out on their own it should be CBS.

Not saying their stuff is any GOOD, I don't watch anything on CBS myself, but as far as advertisers are concerned they're the top game in town. Hell, my mother is thinking of getting a subscription because, apparently, "most of the shows we watch are on CBS."

Trust me, I think this streaming world networks want to have will buckle under its own weight if they get their way, but it's not like CBS doesn't have the numbers to back up doing their own thing.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
If you press the menu button and not the play button after scrubbing through video it automatically goes back to where you started

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
It's happening

Sling TV App Briefly Appears in Apple TV App Store, Hinting at Upcoming Launch
http://www.macrumors.com/2016/03/02/sling-tv-coming-to-apple-tv-app-store/

Some poor intern is probably in deep poo poo right about now

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Feenix posted:

Re: Sling

Update: The person who submitted the screenshots and information to MacRumors has admitted that it was a hoax.

Why do people do poo poo like this? I hate humanity sometimes.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
THANK YOU. I can't even begin to describe how much I hate the new Hulu app. Thank god I barely use it anymore and just watch things on Hulu through the TV app.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I would really, really love it if my HD movies on iTunes automatically updated to 4K, but I guess the chances are remote.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
4K content has already started showing up in the iTunes Store. So far I have about a dozen titles converted to 4K.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Hot drat do the aerial screensavers look amazing in 4K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Subjunctive posted:

It works OK. I usually spell by voice rather than sign for my phone and pull it out.

:master: