Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Happy to be in the "Big" 32 club. I just hope I can handle the touch remote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Will Plex help me watch all the juicy (and legal) content I have stored on my computers? Without the delay ufarn is talking about? Or will I have to find some other solution for that kind of behaviour?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

The touch remote wasn't as bad as I feared, in fact it works great thus far IMO. My mind hasn't adjusted to the new homescreen yet, though.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I can use the touch remote to adjust volume on the receiver, but it (and the TV) won't shut down when I turn off the Apple TV. Am I missing something?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

The keyboard is starting to piss me off. What kind of idiot thought that was a good layout?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Any trip reports on how Plex handles different file types?
Seems to mostly work great here, but I haven't done a comparative study. I can't fast-forward on some files though. I'll see if I can spot a system...

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

GutBomb posted:

Is there a trick to scrubbing through a video in plex? I can't get it to work with either remote. My harmony remote just takes me back to the menu when I do ffw or rwd. The new atv remote won't let me slide around at all. Just pauses, moves the cursor, the snaps back to where it was when I started moving it.
I have the same problem on some videos, others will let me scrub away. Not sure why that is, but it might have something to do with file types?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I've had some problems, but not the ones you're talking about. Here the biggest problem is that Spotify often doesn't seem to find the ATV's Airplay. However, I can Airplay by swiping up and using the "universal airplaying" option.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

There are swiping shortcuts?!

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

edit: nvm i'm an idiot

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

What's this annoying "pre-home screen" screen that suddenly has shown up on my Apple TV and how do I disable it? It's the iTunes store perhaps, but I quickly tap the home button again to get away from it, so I'm not completely sure.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Perfect, thank you!

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

American McGay posted:

EDIT: I just checked an apparently you can airplay from an iPhone currently playing Spotify so I guess that works well enough. Still would be nice to get desktop airplay or even a native app.
That’s still not perfect for me. It works better when I’m airplaying from my iPhone or iPad than the Mac, for some reason. Still though, I get the occasional hiccups and they are very irritating.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Visited a friend yesterday and the neighbour apparently had an Apple TV that they searched a lot on. Every time they did a search I got a popup on my iphone to type in the search. Isn't that a bit strange? I wasn't connected to a network and I definitely haven't been connected to that Apple TV before.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I made a huge mistake.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Is it possible to escape Youtube ads on the Apple TV?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

That's a shame. A drat shame.

(thank you for the quick replies!)

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

YouTube has always been pretty poo poo but now the play/pause button doesn’t play/pause anymore?! Or is it just me?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If you could download YouTube videos that would be cool

Wishful thinking I know
Why would you want to download YouTube videos to your Apple TV? Genuinely curious.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

My Apple TV (the first of the “new” ones, the one that came before the HD version) and/or remote has been behaving strangely lately. It also controls a receiver that is connected to speakers.

The other day a loud video came on that needed some adjusting, so I tried to decrease the volume with the remote. However, that increased the volume and there was no way to decrease it. Eventually I had to manually turn off the receiver and reboot the Apple TV. That solved the bonkers volume bug but now the sensitivity on the touch pad seems somewhat off. I don’t know how to explain it, but something’s wonky somewhere.

Do you have any theories?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I’ve got an Apple TV HD that loses its WiFi connection whenever I wake it up. I have to restart it to get the connection to work. It’s been happening every day the last week or two.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I have to go into system and use the restart feature that takes a few minutes every time. Slightly annoying.

Edit: updating to tvOS 17 solved the problem 🙌

Edit 2: it did not 😡

Xabi fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 25, 2023