Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Dench comes before Mirren in the line of succession.

There's no way they're rolling back the areas they've already switched over to cmbs, but hopefully a few posties will get to keep their jobs under Trudeau the Younger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

RBC posted:

those buildings are the absolute worst. seriosuly think about walking through a 14 story building and putting letters in 300 mail slots at below waist level

On a rainy day they're kinda awesome for the respite alone... but the time values (re: how long it should take to deliver) are rated almost the same as a mail room or panel set.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Kafka Esq. posted:

I'm already thinking of closing this thread.

It happens man, don't fight it, just let go. You are not responsible for this, you are a good person.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Being gay or lesbian seems super political. All that marching and ideological purity tests with every word you utter.

They should go back to being straight, seems like it just be easier for them.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Protectorate of Kwan: poo poo representation, but now my riding is 100% ghost free!

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Femtosecond posted:

The Liberals have never really tried in this riding, usually going with no name candidates that barely campaign. It'd be interesting to see what the results of this riding would have been had the Liberals put forward a star candidate. I wonder if they will next time.

Eventhough he was just a name for the ballot, Ed Wong did actually get out there and campaign. He'd be out on Commerical a couple of times a week, shaking hands and talking to folks. Not sure how much money was put behind him, but he made an effort and I think that counted a great deal.

I think it's a competitive seat, or can be when the incumbent retires anyway. Kwan does hit the identity politics trifecta though, so she's gonna be pretty hard to dislodge after this.

Cultural Imperial posted:

Look at this guy thinking mt pleasant is full of ~silicon valley types~

Shitheads calling themselves 'engineers' drinking $12 beers out of a jam jar, counting down the days 'til their jobs are outsourced to India is the 'Silicon Valley type'.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

infernal machines posted:

Liberty Village/New Parkdale

I have no loving clue what these words mean and I've lived here all my life.

Why can't you speak like a normal person?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The only good use of the words 'crypto-fascist' was in that one episode of Red Dwarf. Everyone else saying it comes across as a giant fuckstick cuz they're not Lister.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Coolwhoami posted:

weed lord brothels.

We should replace the Sergeant at Arms' mace with a giant black dildo wrapped in Timewarp buds.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

It's all Notley's doing, regardless if she had anything to do with it.

That's the game.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

McGavin posted:

The Prime Minister should live in a log cabin in the woods like a true Canadian.

500 sqft condo, wood frame.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Cultural Imperial posted:

Seriously you guys unironically care about Canada's national history? lmao

Yea, some of it is pretty cool. It's okay to like stuff. Don't be all fuddy-duddy all the time man, life is neat.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I was gonna go with Mags getting bookended by a couple of the Stones in the guest bedroom, but Heritage Moments work too

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

flakeloaf posted:

gently caress everything.

I know it's hard to fathom, but you want it this way. I believe he's a first time offender on a couple of non-indictables so jail-time isn't a particularly great option. We do want justice to be equitable and reasoned, don't we?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Hybrid offense, either indictable or summary. I think the Crown's strategy was to have the verdict on his record prior to the malfeasance/public trust charges he's due in court for on a later date. But I wasn't in the room, so that's just conjecture.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

Who do you think should hold them to account? How?

By the Ideological Purity Squads. They can make sure The Sun is sufficiently 'balanced' and Baird is sufficiently 'gay'.

I see no problems arising from this idea.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

It's petty and absolutely worthy of scorn.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't understand why visiting the GG on November 4th and resigning is worse than visiting on October 28th and telling the GG you intend to resign on November 4th.

The Westminster system functions almost entirely on tradition and not much of a fixed ruleset. They're supposed to do this poo poo because it's polite and respectful of government as a whole.

You're totally correct there's no legal reason he cannot continue to be a oval office right up 'til zulu hour.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't understand what he's alleged to be doing wrong.

There is nothing wrong with being a oval office, I excel at it. I just don't think such behaviour is worthy of the office, that's all.

What's so wrong about asking for clear information released publically?

Just one last wipe of his rear end on the rugs of Parliament before he leaves, no biggie.

Baronjutter posted:

Trudeau and his ideological true father. Get ready for communism canada!

Baby Justin, ready to straight murder a muthafucka...

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Every city and small town is famous for that, it's a mountie tradition. If the local police are something other than mounties, they're just keeping up standards.

Happened to my sisters dad a bunch, then he shot himself a whole mess of mounties. Was a pretty good day.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

It happened fifty years ago, you'll be fine

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The obvious solution is to slap them in irons and put them to work in the healthcare mines.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

bunnyofdoom posted:

Frank is reporting that post media is folding the sun in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton into the other daily they own. So Ottawa citizen is about to get worse. Again.

No articles, just a title and a comments section.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Bruce Leeroy was the Last Dragon, that dude is just a pretender.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

PT6A posted:

I don't see what's wrong with imprisoning the sort of people who can be talked into terroristic actions, even if they're stunningly incompetent at it.

How did you make it all the way through that statement? There's this fat chunk in the middle that is really at odds with the beginning and end. How did this happen?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Guy DeBorgore posted:

So you want a return to the days where the NDP was a permanent 3rd party getting 10-15% of the vote every election?

We have returned to those days give or take a couple of percentage points, eventhough very serious people with very important ideas are now in charge.

Same place we were before, minus a soul.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

THC posted:

Oh? I didn't know the Liberals promised pharmacare. I must be delusional

'Reality' and the campaign promise are a terrible hill to die on.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Stretch Marx posted:

Previously, bigots were relatively isolated as you say.

They'd speak exactly as they do know, if not more virulently down at Legion or hardware store.

Maybe you guys are too young to remember but open racism, sexism and homophobia were 'normal'.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Merry Chirstmas shitheads and may politics be absent from your tables

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Lumius posted:

What do locals gain by inflated housing costs?

A free out from having to attend your strata meeting as it's now conducted in some bullshit moon language.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Getting a junkie to do... well, anything, is incredibly loving easy. A thousand push-ups in the rain for five bucks or blow up a building, same diff.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've lived here my entire life and Vancouverites really loving suck

Run into an rear end in a top hat in the morning, hey that's life and sometimes it ain't peaches. Start running into assholes all day and chances are...

Lived here all my life, people are the same as anywhere.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

You were gonna leave, no one felt the need to make a fuss

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I say we let ISIL do what they want. Eventually they'll give up on the slavery and torture-lynchings and become a shining beacon of liberty just like America.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

flakeloaf posted:

I think I'm medically incapable of getting anything right about this trial.

Don't feel bad, aside from Henein, no one has.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

If there's anyone known for being serious patriots who put country above profit, it's capitalist in resource extraction.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Henein was called 'The Hammer' when I was at Osgoode and Reva Seth is scrub tier.

The case is, if anything, a triumph of feminism.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The only time Norm MacDonald has ever been sincere on stage was during his last standup routine on Letterman.

Not related to previous statement; what was the downfall of Evan Soloman? Wasn't he supposed to the hot new thing in journalism, like a sexy Knowlton Nash?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I was given the choice of voting for Mulcair via Jenny

Staying home that day may have been the most patriotic thing I've ever done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

When asked how we could right the ship, the captain bellowed 'Throw some minorities in the hold!' and we all stood in awe of her political acumen.