Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Yeah, well duh, it says right there he played CS3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
why can't brocons just mean you're really into bromances

cmon world

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Baronets it seems are considered low enough that the Emperor was given poo poo for marrying one's daughter, but obviously not outright mutiny. But also considered noble enough that Rean's dad was given poo poo to the point of withdrawing from noble events rather than put up with their pettiness over him adopting a commoner as his heir.

Idkbutlike2
Nov 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

you sure know a lot about the various brocon characters in anime buddy

What can I say? I've hung around too many weaboos for my own good. We can't all be perfect. :(

quote:

edit: also isnt a big point made of the fact that the schwarzers are barely even nobility, i wouldnt really describe elise as 'upper crust'

Eh, I think her family's personal connections more than make up for their general lack of wealth and prestige among Erebonia's more conservative nobility. I mean, Elise herself is best friends with the princess of Erebonia. That's gotta count for something, right?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean the Noble alliance kidnapped the royal family. They clearly don't care that much about the Reise Arnor bloodline rather than their own personal prestige.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Tesseraction posted:

I mean the Noble alliance kidnapped the royal family. They clearly don't care that much about the Reise Arnor bloodline rather than their own personal prestige.

Well, the two dukes (who were grade A assholes) didn't. You later learn that the others were extremely uncomfortable with that act and jumped ship the second they had the opportunity without losing face.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Doesn't that show that the two greatest houses have an inordinate amount of influence to get away with merely 'uncomfortable' cooperation?

Idkbutlike2
Nov 5, 2011
Well, they weren't the only ones who had grievances against the Osborne regime, and a lot of those grievances were fairly legitimate. Osborne pursued aggressive expansionism and widespread militarization, undermined local rule in favor of centralized government, reduced Eugent III to a borderline figurehead ruler, et cetera.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

cmon world

Bro, I get you. Rean/Gaius will be real some day.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Idkbutlike2 posted:

Well, they weren't the only ones who had grievances against the Osborne regime, and a lot of those grievances were fairly legitimate. Osborne pursued aggressive expansionism and widespread militarization, undermined local rule in favor of centralized government, reduced Eugent III to a borderline figurehead ruler, et cetera.

Absolutely fair! I love that this meta-series has geopolitics that you can legit debate and discuss in such varied ways without tripping over outright canon. The uncertainty for us while the writers are (relatively) certain.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

cmon world

we could call ourselves "bronies"

actually no

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
See? There is no fun club for bromances

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
How about "bromides"

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Brosephiosaurus'

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Mysticblade posted:

Bro, I get you. Rean/Gaius will be real some day.

Gaius would never cheat on the wind like this

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Are the priests celibate? I just assume so.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

Are the priests celibate? I just assume so.
(Crossbell Spoilers) Hemisphere sure doesn't act it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Since the Stigmas don't automatically manifest in clergy members, I'd have to assume that at least the Dominions could be allowed to marry as incentive to join.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Father Barkhorn fucks

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Doesn't Kevin Graham lament being too busy to booty call on the airship at the start of Sky 3?

Idkbutlike2
Nov 5, 2011
If you think waiting for CS4 is painful, try waiting for the Legend of Xanadu translations. We're going on three years of radio silence from the fan translation team at this point.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I just finished Ao no Kiseki. Finally, I've gotten through everything but CSIV. Good lord that took awhile.

Some random thoughts (MASSIVE AO SPOILERS): So the entirety of Zero was really just KeA save scumming so her family would win the final boss fight. I guess that could be why it's titled Zero no Kiseki, because KeA started several months over from scratch (starting from zero)?

I managed to blank most of the Crossbell arc details of CS3 from my memory and so Ian came as a surprise. He felt kind of underwhelming to me though. He was apparently the mastermind of everything, but he didn't really come off to me as someone with the conviction you'd need to pull something off like that. Like, in the final confrontation, he explains his plan, and when the party says "no" Ian just kinda shrugs his shoulders and goes "welp i tried". And then he gets brutally impaled by a bunch of tranquilizer energy spears so you don't get to hear more from him. I was hoping for more from Guy's killer. Not even a new character portrait, smdh

The monster density in the Crossbell combined with certain field monster encounters that you can't run from made getting from one place to another more frustrating for me than in any other part of the series. I am so glad they started scaling things back a bit with Cold Steel.

I wish there was an additional 10 minutes or so in the ending. After the final boss, it felt like things ended rather abruptly.

Sergei gradually becoming less relevant throughout Ao and never being playable makes me sad.

Idkbutlike2
Nov 5, 2011
(Ao spoilers) Honestly, I didn't find Ian that unconvincing. I mean, the dude is clearly not a combatant in this whole situation. He's just a schemer. The most violent thing he did was kill Guy. He clearly relied on and manipulated others to get a ton of dirty work done. Plus, seeing a group like the SSS fight their way up the Azure Tree, defeating of the most powerful jaegers on the continent, Arios, and Wald pumped up on Gnosis had to have given him some faith in the SSS's resolve and potential to do something better than what he planned.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Topically, I've encountered this very very endgame bug and could use some help:

Every bit of help I've found is either "just grab the latest patch (from years ago)" or "I gave up and watched it on youtube."

E: Finally got past it but took a whole bunch of file rollbacks in older patches. If you're using that imgur link of update collections, you might want to also get the original Flame edit files for that part.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 21, 2020

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Topically, I've encountered this very very endgame bug and could use some help:

Every bit of help I've found is either "just grab the latest patch (from years ago)" or "I gave up and watched it on youtube."

I got that bug! I, uh, gave up and watched it on YouTube.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Finally finished the finale of CS3 and despite expecting a cliffhanger that was an impressively dick move cliffhanger.

All according to kiseki, I guess.

Idkbutlike2
Nov 5, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

E: Finally got past it but took a whole bunch of file rollbacks in older patches. If you're using that imgur link of update collections, you might want to also get the original Flame edit files for that part.

Aw man, you might've overdone the rollbacks. Version 3 of the Collective Improvements patch addressed this issue and version 4 came out just yesterday.

https://imgur.com/a/o7hWchz

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's fine, despite ostensibly being held together by scotch tape the patch translated version of Ao seems pretty robust in terms of going forward and back and having your saves be fine. It was only really annoying in that the turbo functionality of course reset (so that boss fight took forever) and I couldn't be bothered to set up cheat engine again. So I updated back to the new imgur set and it was like nothing had ever been wrong.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 21, 2020

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm in CS2 chapter 1 now, and goddamn is fie's default outfit terrible. can someone please tell me if I'm getting new clothes for her soon? She's one of my fav characters, but I seriously feel like I'm playing a pedophile game whenver shes wearing that on screen. I really wish they'd remove all the loli/ brother sister stuff from the games. It worked in sky because joshua and estelle met at 12, but it really doesnt work for me if they actually grew up together. other than that game is fun so far, but I'm getting pretty tired of Rean. definately doesn't hold a candle to lloyd or estelle.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mirello posted:

So I'm in CS2 chapter 1 now, and goddamn is fie's default outfit terrible. can someone please tell me if I'm getting new clothes for her soon? She's one of my fav characters, but I seriously feel like I'm playing a pedophile game whenver shes wearing that on screen. I really wish they'd remove all the loli/ brother sister stuff from the games. It worked in sky because joshua and estelle met at 12, but it really doesnt work for me if they actually grew up together. other than that game is fun so far, but I'm getting pretty tired of Rean. definately doesn't hold a candle to lloyd or estelle.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

yeah I saw that when I was googling to see if there was a way to make it better. I really dont see why they have to sexualize them. milliums combat outfit in cs 1 was also ridiculous. luckily her normal outfit was fine and you got it soon. It's so bizarre that these games, that take such pains to be lighthearted and not show death, but lean into fetishizing underage girls so much. I felt crossbell treated tio much more respectfully

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I liked Fie's dlc outfit and always had it on during my playthrough.

Ryuga Death fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 21, 2020

Idkbutlike2
Nov 5, 2011
Alisa with the Catholic lax prep look.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Mirello posted:

Yeah it really sucks. I wish they’d leave the weirdo outfits to the DLC instead of defaulting them.

Is there any alternative to paying $15 for another costume?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Iverron posted:

Yeah it really sucks. I wish they’d leave the weirdo outfits to the DLC instead of defaulting them.

Is there any alternative to paying $15 for another costume?

Spoiler but you eventually get her thors uniform back.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't mind Fie's CS3 outfit but I wish she'd gotten the ripped jeans look from the concept art.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the main thing that bugs me about Trails girls' designs is: why do they all stand with their toes pointed inward

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I think Toewa Herschel started the trend

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Endorph posted:

I don't mind Fie's CS3 outfit but I wish she'd gotten the ripped jeans look from the concept art.

man, those designs all look cool in their own way. i wish falcom would let you play dress up with the characters more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Personally I find it kind of funny that Fie has such a weird sense of fashion compared to everyone else.