Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Oh, also: I don't recommend Nightmare for a first playthrough. The game is a bit harder in general this time around, and even Normal can be pretty challenging in spots. Nightmare is very much second-playthrough territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

The moment is upon us.

I hope you all enjoy the game, legitimately. It has been a long, long time coming. I'll be around the thread, obviously, if there are questions.

Who is your favorite Love Live

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SpaceDrake posted:

Oh, also: I don't recommend Nightmare for a first playthrough. The game is a bit harder in general this time around, and even Normal can be pretty challenging in spots. Nightmare is very much second-playthrough territory.

*chose hard*

... Eh. Power!

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Cake Attack posted:

Who is your favorite Love Live

My favorite Love Live is SpaceDrake. He's so kawaii!

But seriously. Relieved this is out. I wrote up a blog so hopefully it gets posted soon.
I'll be stalking the thread to answer questions too, along with many others.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Is there a way to import save data without owning FC on steam? I played it through on PSP.

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

"Are you a catgirl?"
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Is there a way to import save data without owning FC on steam? I played it through on PSP.

Sadly there is no way to import from PSP to PC or vice-versa.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Saralene posted:

Sadly there is no way to import from PSP to PC or vice-versa.

I think he meant if it was possible to import FC(PC) data to SC(PC) without actually owning FC(PC). I could be wrong, though.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
"Behold! The new model combat orbment! It's amazing! It has!

One more slot than before."

"Wow that's amazing!"

Me: :crossarms:

Hivac posted:

I think he meant if it was possible to import FC(PC) data to SC(PC) without actually owning FC(PC). I could be wrong, though.

You could probably create the save folder and put it in the right place. It shouldn't know the difference.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Hivac posted:

Supremezero posted:

You could probably create the save folder and put it in the right place. It shouldn't know the difference.

Pretty much exactly. The folder is [username]/Saved Games/FALCOM/ED6. And yes, that's a standard space. Put any downloaded saves into that folder, boot up SC, begin a new game, and the game should prompt you to import "your" FC save.

quote:

"Wow that's amazing!"

Hey, it also starts out with all slots unlocked, which kind of owns.

(And it also has the effect, among other things, of equalizing the length of Estelle's orbment lines, which matters more than you might think)

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
All of my FC saves seem to be in the main Trails game folder and not wherever the configuration tool points to, will I have to change anything in order for SC to recognize where my save file is?

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

"Are you a catgirl?"
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Ryuga Death posted:

All of my FC saves seem to be in the main Trails game folder and not wherever the configuration tool points to, will I have to change anything in order for SC to recognize where my save file is?

Move them to where the FC configuration tool points, and you'll be good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDp0oSxLkHg

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Fighting Reverie in FC as SC downloads. Final Chapter of FC was longer than I remembered.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Supremezero posted:

"Wow that's amazing!"

It also seems to boost the power of Tear from 200 to 1000, so that's pretty good too.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The Jaeger fight music is fantastic.

Anelace's constant confusion over whether or not she is invincible is perplexing.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I have right stick camera movement checked on SC but its not working.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I'm so torn over whether to get SC for PC or PSP. I want portability but I also want shiny full screen graphics :(

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Paperhouse posted:

I'm so torn over whether to get SC for PC or PSP. I want portability but I also want shiny full screen graphics :(

...I'll get it for both. FIrst play is on the Vita/PSP because I have a giant vacation coming where I won't have a computer (lots of flying/trains tho!). Then I'll probably replay it early next year on the PC.
I will give XSEED all the money.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
the opening movie turns into a pretty glorious multicoloured acid trip for me. Anyone else have that issue?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

SC Bracer posted:

the opening movie turns into a pretty glorious multicoloured acid trip for me. Anyone else have that issue?

Yeah, same. I think it might be caused by playing at full screen instead of windowed but I haven't reverted it yet to check for certain.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

If the movies are acid trips, play in borderless windowed, yeah.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
looks like that's the case yeah.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So far all the chests have the same message except one.

Also, the chest message is missing a space.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

So far all the chests have the same message except one.

Also, the chest message is missing a space.

They're being added in later. Somewhat understandable, since there's so many chests and all.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Yeesh, this one gets way nastier really quick

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
FWIW , the path FC config tool shows for saves:
C:\Users\me\Saved Games\FALCOM\ED6
... doesn't seem to be what the game actually used ---- much like what CakeAttach had, my saves appeared to be in:
D:\Steam\userdata\<number>\251150\remote\fc
... And SC found it automatically.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Hivac posted:

Yeesh, this one gets way nastier really quick

In terms of combat difficulty? Oh yes. Even the prologue isn't loving around.

OddObserver posted:

FWIW , the path FC config tool shows for saves:
C:\Users\me\Saved Games\FALCOM\ED6
... doesn't seem to be what the game actually used ---- much like what CakeAttach had, my saves appeared to be in:
D:\Steam\userdata\<number>\251150\remote\fc
... And SC found it automatically.

The former will also work, though. As in I literally tested it and it's how I started my own playthrough.

If you have cloud saves from the PC version of FC, though, those get pulled down too.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Unnecessary doubleposting!

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I'm sure this has been asked a ton before, but is there any benefit to loading a 100% save rather than my own save, where I got the top Bracer rank but not max points?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

I'm sure this has been asked a ton before, but is there any benefit to loading a 100% save rather than my own save, where I got the top Bracer rank but not max points?

You will, I believe, miss one other tiny little bonus item during the prologue chapter. It's not really that much, but it's kind of nice to have.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Btw, what's is SC like when it comes to missables?

FC is generally pretty lenient at signposting stuff but there is some obscure gotcha stuff. Is there still stuff like that in the new one? I don't mind talking to everyone and exploring, it's in fact one of the things I really enjoy, but you do have the odd bit in FC where if you don't take the right turning at a specific time or don't talk to one obscure person at the exactly right moment you end up missing out on stuff.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Munin posted:

Btw, what's is SC like when it comes to missables?

FC is generally pretty lenient at signposting stuff but there is some obscure gotcha stuff. Is there still stuff like that in the new one? I don't mind talking to everyone and exploring, it's in fact one of the things I really enjoy, but you do have the odd bit in FC where if you don't take the right turning at a specific time or don't talk to one obscure person at the exactly right moment you end up missing out on stuff.

The gotchas are once again mostly limited to side-books. The only difference this time is that there's two different book series you can miss (Gambler Jack and Doll Knight).

also could the OP get a big ol' link to Steam letting folks know SC is out, that would be rad

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

You will, I believe, miss one other tiny little bonus item during the prologue chapter. It's not really that much, but it's kind of nice to have.

That one item is a quartz (or accessory? I forgot) that raises item drop rates. It's kind of useful to get cooking ingredients, but nothing you can't live without.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Finally... I'm off work

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Finished the prologue, new boss music is A+++.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

SpaceDrake posted:

In terms of combat difficulty? Oh yes. Even the prologue isn't loving around.
Minibosses 2 and 3 are devastating. #3 is pretty vicious with the impede attack, decent speed, and all the drat running around.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I managed to get through the Prologue without too much trouble, but I burned through a few EP charges and other such healing items, and I had to throw a ballistic biscuit at someone.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I started with my Lv 38 max BP save from FC and I didn't find the prologue to be that difficult.

That boss music is amazing.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

Finished the prologue, new boss music is A+++.

Some Numbers posted:

That boss music is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mk0yil3Y9s

If y'all think that poo poo's good

and it is good

just goddamn wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

A Lesson On Counting To 3 In German, or why Falcom Still Hates You